View Full Version : check-in question

07-23-2002, 05:24 PM
Using the new code, I made reservations starting on the last possible day (12/25); by doing so we have increased our vacation to 10 days with a better view AND saved over $2600 since our reservation is for three rooms.

Here is my quandry: we had actually planned to arrive 12/28. Is it okay to call on the 25th and let them know we have been delayed for a couple of days and will pay for the room regardless (they will be paid for prior to our arrival)? I feel somewhat dishonest doing this, but it saves us such a substantional amount of money.

Our other option is to pay the fee to change our plane reservations; we will still come out ahead, but we lose Christmas at home with other family and won't be able to fly direct.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

07-24-2002, 12:26 AM
We tried this last February, the last day of the code was 2/13 and we couldn't check in until the 14th or 15th. We were told that we would be charged whatever the rate was on the day of our actual check-in, and that would be the rate of our entire stay. I also was willing to pay for the room even though we wouldn't use it, but apparrently your charges don't kick in until you actually register. Has anyone else actually arrived a day or so late for their reservation? ~:D~