PDA

View Full Version : Country Inn and Suites Cape Canaveral - Priceline

tikibirds
01-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Just a FYI that I was able to book this for $60 for our pre-cruise night (Feb 3). I called the hotel directly and asked if I can still park our car (rental) there during our cruise and was told that I can purchase a cruise package for $20 which will include parking and the round trip shuttle.

Husurdady
01-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi Tikibird, FYI, when checking in. ask for the 4th floor, room numbers 400- 420[even # rms],you will be facing the port and will be able to see the ships coming in the morning of your cruise. Oh yes!, they have a real nice breakfast bar also. HAPPY SAILING!

tikibirds
01-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi Tikibird, FYI, when checking in. ask for the 4th floor, room numbers 400- 420[even # rms],you will be facing the port and will be able to see the ships coming in the morning of your cruise. Oh yes!, they have a real nice breakfast bar also. HAPPY SAILING!

Thanks for the tip - much appreciated! :)

vbarry
01-03-2010, 07:49 PM
When you were on Priceline did you put in a certain area? Thanks

Husurdady
01-03-2010, 07:49 PM
To make you feel good[ pocket-wise], it cost us last May 2009, to stay there around $120.00

DMRick
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I too booked it today for our precruise night (feb 17th) on Priceline. Ours will be $62 with taxes. I bid $49, 2 1/2 stars, Cape Canaveral only.
I wish I had booked my car yesterday, when it was $52, one way, but I wanted to get the hotel first. The car price has doubled for one day since yesterday. May take a shuttle instead.

tikibirds
01-03-2010, 08:24 PM
When you were on Priceline did you put in a certain area? Thanks

I bid on Cape Canaveral, FL and 2.5 stars. Originally bid $47 and then got back an offer to rebid at $60, so I did since I saw that some others had gotten this property with a similar bid on betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com

vbarry
01-03-2010, 09:34 PM
I bid on Cape Canaveral, FL and 2.5 stars. Originally bid $47 and then got back an offer to rebid at $60, so I did since I saw that some others had gotten this property with a similar bid on betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com

Thanks a lot! I will try that...we leave in a few weeks.

DMRick
01-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I decided on my price when I saw it on Cruise critic today. Someone had bid $48 and rebid $49 and got it, so I just tried the $49 right off the bat. Was surprised I got it the first try. Keep in mind the bid prices are without tax. My $49 ends up being $62...a bargain even at that price. Finally got the one way car cheaper...I hope the codes I'm using are ok ones for the car.

tikibirds
01-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks a lot! I will try that...we leave in a few weeks.

Just a heads up that it is possible you get a different property with Priceline and you have to stick with what you get (no refunds) - although the property would have to be in the CC area if that is what you bid on. Good luck!

DMRick
01-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Just a heads up that it is possible you get a different property with Priceline and you have to stick with what you get (no refunds) - although the property would have to be in the CC area if that is what you bid on. Good luck!
I knew there was a chance when I bid (and didn't care, but was hoping for this one and the free breakfast and wifi..at least I think I saw it was free), but I wonder if 2 1/2 stars leads just to just the one place. Do you know if there is another 2 1/2 star place in Cape Canaveral on the list for Priceline?

Mama Deville
01-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks so much for this post. Was wanting to stay there and could find nothing any cheaper than $118. Did Priceline for 1/30 and got it for $49 plus tax. There is only (1) 2.5 star hotel listed in Cape Canaveral.

DMRick
01-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks so much for this post. Was wanting to stay there and could find nothing any cheaper than $118. Did Priceline for 1/30 and got it for $49 plus tax. There is only (1) 2.5 star hotel listed in Cape Canaveral.
Congrats to you! It's a nice feeling when you get what you want, isn't it :) !

tikibirds
01-04-2010, 05:37 AM

Awesome - great deal! :)

My3pies
01-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks! Got it for $49 = $62.10 :banana: I had them reserved for $150, I have to cancel that!!

Thanks so much!!

bullsmom7
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Wow!!! What a bargain. I just booked it. It was $169 through the hotel and we got it for the $49 + tax. Going to call the hotel and add the parking and shuttle option.

Thank you so much! What a great tip. :worship:

NancyIL
01-04-2010, 10:26 AM

When Priceline offers you a room at a particular rate, you can usually get it for less. However, if you were out of "free rebids" - then your choice would be to accept it at the offered rate, or wait a day to try again.

ksucats
01-04-2010, 10:33 AM
When Priceline offers you a room at a particular rate, you can usually get it for less. However, if you were out of "free rebids" - then your choice would be to accept it at the offered rate, or wait a day to try again.

I was getting ready to post the same thing. I am usually successful going up about 1/3 of the way to their offer with a free rebid. If I don't have any, I will wait a day. If it is a bid for the day of or day before the stay and no rebids, then taking their offer is about the only choice.

JOEYDIS
01-04-2010, 10:39 AM
I bid 50 and was accepted for Feb 12. I can't wait.

myneverland
01-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Just did this dealy and got TWO rooms for less than the price we were paying for one. (We were all going to cram into one room just to save cash.) But, I just got two rooms for $49 each + tax. SO, doing the happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all that posted this! You rock.

:cool1::banana::yay:

bullsmom7
01-04-2010, 10:57 AM
The hotel offered the parking and shuttle for a total of $22.20 (including tax) for up to 6 people. This is definitely a steal! I asked for the 4th floor Port view. I got 4th floor, no port view rooms available as of now, but will try again.

tjbaggott
01-04-2010, 11:26 AM
I just bid $49.99 for our Oct 29th date. It was not accepted. I was offered a free rebid if I put in a minimum bid of $13.00 more. Since I've plenty of time before our travel dates, I'll wait and retry in a few days. Thanks for letting us know about this though, it sounds like a great Hotel and the location is perfect, along with the cruise package deal for just $20 more!

PlaneJoy1
01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Wow!!! What a bargain. I just booked it. It was $169 through the hotel and we got it for the $49 + tax. Going to call the hotel and add the parking and shuttle option.

Thank you so much! What a great tip. :worship:

I did it too!!! We should meet up before leaving for the cruise. Maybe for breakfast or something. We are arriving really late on Friday.

RN_Mom
01-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Has any one done this and put in a 2.5 star and not gotten this hotel?? Was planning on Radisson but if I can save some money thats always a plus:rolleyes1

RN_Mom
01-04-2010, 08:08 PM
bump:rolleyes:

tjbaggott
01-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Has any one done this and put in a 2.5 star and not gotten this hotel?? Was planning on Radisson but if I can save some money thats always a plus:rolleyes1

Read my post above.;)

bigAWL
01-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Read my post above.;)

I think she meant has anyone gotten another hotel? It sounds like Country Inn & Suites is the only 2.5 hotel in the area that is on Priceline. Or at least they are the lowest bidder right now for all the dates that people have submitted. That could change.

It's also interesting to note that all the dates posted here have been in Jan-Feb or next Oct (unless I missed something). I think those are probably non-peak times, and summer bids might not be accepted so low, or they may be accepted by other hotels. Just a thought.

Then again, I looked at Hotwire.com (similar site to Priceline, except they make offers for a type of hotel that you can either accept or not - probably lower prices are generally available on Priceline), and a 2.5 star hotel was available on a friday night for each month between Feb and Nov 2010 for $63. The only exception was Sep which was $62. Not sure if Hotwire uses the same hotels as Priceline, though.

DMRick
01-05-2010, 01:39 AM
I don't know if it's off peak or not. I had trouble getting a deal on a car and was told because it was Presidents week (our school up north is off all week), it was considered a high time. I did eventually get a car at an OK price from MCO to Cape Canaveral.

I called to see if I could reserve a 4th floor port side room and was told that I would be assigned a regular priceline room, which was two bedrooms (one with a queen bed, one with bunks), two TV's, pull out sofa, micro, etc. with a river view. She said if they needed a larger room, I would most likely be moved, but that that seldom happens. At check in, she said I could ask for a 4th floor portside, but for now, they were full.

DCL~Dreamer
01-05-2010, 06:46 AM
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I'm doing the happy dance!!! Just got it for $62.10 with tax for our 1/16 Magic cruise!

Thank you for posting this....I originally had this hotel reserved for $130 a night!!! We stayed there in October before our cruise and it is beautiful! Very nice breakfast and very nice shuttle driver to the port. He even picked us up earlier at the port because we got off the ship first, gave him a call and told him we were there and he was there in less than 2 minutes!

I highly recommend this hotel!

Thanks again! :dance3:

Miz Diz
01-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for posting. Just got my room at the $49 bid.

Raven9 Studios
01-05-2010, 09:49 AM
try hotels .com too

bigAWL
01-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Just in case someone was considering using Hotwire.com to try to get a hotel it's important to note that Hotwire's Cape Canaveral area extends much farther south than does Priceline's. And according to betterbidding.com, Hotwire rates CI&S as a 3-star along with a list of others: Doubletree, Hilton, Holiday Inn Oceanfront, La Quinta Cocoa Beach, La Quinta Inn and Suites. The following are listed as 2.5-star: Best Western Oceanfront, Days Inn. (These lists aren't exhaustive, but are what posters have actually been assigned in that area.) Most of these hotels probably aren't within Priceline's Cape Canaveral area, but with Hotwire, there are more options and so less chance that you will get any one particular hotel.

ybcart7
01-05-2010, 12:09 PM
I just reserved a room at the Marriott Orlando Airport - (3.5 stars according to priceline) for $40 + taxes/fees - total was around $52. They have a free shuttle from the airport & then we will take Disney's cruise transportation the next day.

DMRick
01-05-2010, 12:41 PM
We have a rental car from MCO to Cape Canaveral for $52 for 24 hours..but might forego the trouble of it and use this shuttle service, for $50 for two plus tip: http://www.travelynx.net/shuttle.html, from MCO to our hotel. Are there places within walking distance (and safe) from Country Inn and Suites? The shuttle would save us the hassle of returning the car, and time at the counter to rent it.

poohj80
01-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Are there places within walking distance (and safe) from Country Inn and Suites? The shuttle would save us the hassle of returning the car, and time at the counter to rent it.

What kind of places are you looking for? There's a Burger King and a Race Track gas station but not much for restaurants if that's what you are looking for.

grlzmom
01-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks for posting this! We were able to get the 49 dollars per night per room for two rooms prior to our April Transatlantic cruise.

DMRick
01-05-2010, 07:32 PM
What kind of places are you looking for? There's a Burger King and a Race Track gas station but not much for restaurants if that's what you are looking for. No restaurants, eh? Guess we'll keep the car. Thanks.

diane648
01-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks for this info -- we also got the Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral on Priceline for $49 ($62 w/ tax).

Now, if we can just find one in Macon, GA on our way down ...

Thanks again,

Diane

smsnorthup
01-05-2010, 08:35 PM
I also just bid and won Country Inn for pre-cruise night on Jan 20th. I bid priceline 2 1/2 stars first at $47.00 and they countered with a $13 increase, which I rejected. I added the Titusville zone (which has no 2 1/2 stars, so considered a free re-bid) and bid $49 and got accepted. Thanks for the pricing tips from all the previous posters!:thumbsup2

tjbaggott
01-05-2010, 08:56 PM
I just bid again tonight and my bid was Accepted!! I got it for the $49.00 + taxes for our October date. :thumbsup2 The only thing I'm concerned about is, the priceline site did not ask how many people, it only asked how many rooms. The accepted bid info indicates the room will fit two adults. We will have two children with us. Should I worry about this, or maybe I will call the hotel in the morning and make sure there will be at least two double or two Queen beds in there?

su_kraft
01-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I just bid again tonight and my bid was Accepted!! I got it for the $49.00 + taxes for our October date. :thumbsup2 The only thing I'm concerned about is, the priceline site did not ask how many people, it only asked how many rooms. The accepted bid info indicates the room will fit two adults. We will have two children with us. Should I worry about this, or maybe I will call the hotel in the morning and make sure there will be at least two double or two Queen beds in there?

I have used price line for a few rooms at WDW. When you check in, just tell them what you need in the room. Last time (September 2 years ago), we checked into the Sheraton Safari and they upgraded the room at no charge, and offered us the same price for additional nights. The front desk people can be very accomodating!

Good luck!

mousecruzer
01-05-2010, 09:42 PM
We have a rental car from MCO to Cape Canaveral for $52 for 24 hours..but might forego the trouble of it and use this shuttle service, for $50 for two plus tip: http://www.travelynx.net/shuttle.html, from MCO to our hotel. Are there places within walking distance (and safe) from Country Inn and Suites? The shuttle would save us the hassle of returning the car, and time at the counter to rent it.

The Hertz car rental is right next to the motel. If that is where you have your rental from otherwise Avis and the others are just up the street in Cocoa Beach. Not very far away from motel. We are keeping our rental late so we can go about Cocoa Beach to eat and hit Ron Jon's Surf shop.

Thank you tikibirds for starting this thread. I just reserved my room for our cruise on Jan. 30th for $62 (w/tax) !!! Originally I had it booked through the motels website for $148 (one bedroom ste). Now I just called the motel for which room I was assigned and found out I got a childrens ste which is bigger and quite an upgrade for our family of 4 and Gma. THANK YOU for sharing your info! :yay:

Disboard members are the best! :thumbsup2

DMRick
01-05-2010, 09:58 PM
The Hertz car rental is right next to the motel. If that is where you have your rental from otherwise Avis and the others are just up the street in Cocoa Beach. Not very far away from motel. We are keeping our rental late so we can go about Cocoa Beach to eat and hit Ron Jon's Surf shop.

We have the rental with Avis. If there had been somewhere to eat within walking distance, I'd rather use the shuttle mentioned above...then we would be out of the airport and on our way, instead of in a car rental line. And we could just take the hotel shuttle to the port, instead of having to return the car and then their shuttle. But without a restaurant within walking distance, we'll have to stick with the car.

poohj80
01-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks for this info -- we also got the Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral on Priceline for $49 ($62 w/ tax).

Now, if we can just find one in Macon, GA on our way down ...

Try looking in Warner Robbins, GA as well. We typically stop at I-75 Exit 146 (I believe) and have stayed at the Wingate, La Quinta, and Comfort Suites there. Wingate was nicest.

minnie10
01-06-2010, 06:01 PM
I second Warner Robbins. It is a little farther than Macon, but we stopped to eat at this exit this past weekend and due to so many nice hotels, we almost spent the night on our drive home from Disney. Nice are just off the interstate a few mile like 3 maybe. Lots of hotels, (newer ones) eating places and shopping.

harleys mom
01-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks!!! I just bid $50.00 for our trip next week and got the room I had reserved for $118. This was even cheaper than my cooperate discount of $103. That is more money I can spend on the ship...:cheer2:

PrincessMonkey
01-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Just booked a Priceline Name Your Price for $50 exclusive of tax (~$64 total). :cool1: We like having the peace of mind that we only have to get up in the morning and can taxi to the port. Never done Priceline before, but I tell you, it's easy to LOVE it.

Priceline automatically booked us a Kids' Suite that has a queen bed and bunk beds. You can call Country Inn & Suites same day to try for different beds if you do not need a Kids' Suite.

Check off 2.5 stars in Cape Canaveral and do not price it lower than $49!! We originally bid $47; it rejected the offer and asked us for $13 more to try again. Oops. For a "free rebid," we chose a nearby zone (Titusville, I think) that did not have a 2.5 star option and typed in a bid of $50, and it accepted it! :rotfl:

Country Inn & Suites is a lovely and comfortable hotel, and we feel very lucky to have gotten this great deal on it. Thanks to the DIS!

Good luck! :flower3:

pesto78749
01-09-2010, 09:09 AM
These are such good prices I feel like I should book it now...but we do not cruise till June 13 2010 double dip . Is this too early? I feel like I should be doing *more* as this is our first cruise but we have gone to WDW many times. For that trip I would be doing all our dining reservations, laminating our UOGuide touring plans, printing menus for the kids....Please let me know if I'm missing something we are booked thru MEI and they know we want Palo brunch on Parrot Cay day and Scuba in Nassau. As far as car rental and hotel I was going to wait. We also wanted to book WDW after our cruise to time it with our boys birthdays. I was waiting for a free dining or other special. The gift card special does not go into our dates. Thanks in advance for all the advice! I have been keeping a notebook of tips!
Ann, DH And 2 boys!

poohj80
01-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Please let me know if I'm missing something we are booked thru MEI and they know we want Palo brunch on Parrot Cay day and Scuba in Nassau.

Just fyi...we dove in Nassau last cruise and it was nice to get wet but the diving wasn't too exciting. Not many fish but we did see a ray and a couple sharks.

debbs0723
01-09-2010, 10:54 AM
These are such good prices I feel like I should book it now...but we do not cruise till June 13 2010 double dip . Is this too early? I feel like I should be doing *more* as this is our first cruise but we have gone to WDW many times. For that trip I would be doing all our dining reservations, laminating our UOGuide touring plans, printing menus for the kids....Please let me know if I'm missing something we are booked thru MEI and they know we want Palo brunch on Parrot Cay day and Scuba in Nassau. As far as car rental and hotel I was going to wait. We also wanted to book WDW after our cruise to time it with our boys birthdays. I was waiting for a free dining or other special. The gift card special does not go into our dates. Thanks in advance for all the advice! I have been keeping a notebook of tips!
Ann, DH And 2 boys!

There is no harm in trying for june but Priceline typically starts offering better rates closer to your trip.

NitaO
01-09-2010, 10:55 AM
I Love Disboards!!! Thanks for the info. Just got Country Inn and Suites for 49.00 for Feb.13th, through Priceline. Plus I called the hotel , they said I got a kids suite and they added park and cruise for an extra $20.00. Great Deal! Thanks guys.

dodle
01-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks to whoever started this thread. We are cruising over Labor Day this year. My son is getting married on the cruise. I was getting prices of over $100 for any room for the Saturday night before the cruise, which is Labor Day Weekend. I went on Priceline and got the rooms we needed, 3 of them, at Country Inn, for $50 each. I was so excited!!:banana::banana: One less thing I have to worry about and a great rate, too.

harleys mom
01-09-2010, 12:50 PM
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I'm doing the happy dance!!! Just got it for $62.10 with tax for our 1/16 Magic cruise!

Thank you for posting this....I originally had this hotel reserved for $130 a night!!! We stayed there in October before our cruise and it is beautiful! Very nice breakfast and very nice shuttle driver to the port. He even picked us up earlier at the port because we got off the ship first, gave him a call and told him we were there and he was there in less than 2 minutes!

I highly recommend this hotel!

Thanks again! :dance3:

We will be on the same cruise and are staying at the same hotel!!!! You should check out the DIS meet group for this date...:cheer2:

*disgal*
01-09-2010, 02:40 PM
on country inn and suites website it lists that you can leave your car for free if you stay at least one night, so why are some having to pay $20? Is that because they are staying through priceline?

RN_Mom
01-09-2010, 04:32 PM
on country inn and suites website it lists that you can leave your car for free if you stay at least one night, so why are some having to pay $20? Is that because they are staying through priceline? Anyone know? Do we have to pay or are they just getting people?

Mama Deville
01-09-2010, 05:35 PM
We also got the Family Suite! Was told this is a larger room and faces the pool. The Holtel said that is where they are putting the Priceline reservations on first come basis.

tikibirds
01-09-2010, 05:52 PM
on country inn and suites website it lists that you can leave your car for free if you stay at least one night, so why are some having to pay $20? Is that because they are staying through priceline?

Looks to me like you have to get the room with the Park and Cruise to get this, which is $20 more than the regular rate?

bb528
01-09-2010, 10:04 PM
glad i saw this thread, had a room booked for 116$ that I was able to cancel, put in a bid and got the same hotel for 79$...nice!

closetmickey
01-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Has anyone been successful with the night of Feb. 6th? I haven't had any luck.....

mom2LLN
01-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Priceline automatically booked us a Kids' Suite that has a queen bed and bunk beds. You can call Country Inn & Suites same day to try for different beds if you do not need a Kids' Suite.

How did you find out what type of room you were assigned? I was able to get 2 rooms at the $49 rate for March and I know our children would love one of the Kids' Suites.

Do I need to call and add the $20 park and shuttle pkg now or do I do that whenever we check in?

TIA:)

Billinaz
01-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Has anyone been successful with the night of Feb. 6th? I haven't had any luck.....

I tried, but no luck. They are completely booked.

They did say that all the priceline rooms are booked as the kids suites.

The shuttle is scheduled to launch @ 4AM on the 7th so thats probably why there are no rooms left.

kevindorsey
01-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Definitely an great OP deal, but I"ve been staying away from Priceline lately.

cg012
01-10-2010, 05:55 AM
Thanks OP for the post! I was able to book the Country Inn & Suites for our 1/16 stay. That saved me over $70 on my original booking!

mousecruzer
01-10-2010, 07:00 AM
@*disgal*: The parking is free with your purchased stay (i.e. one, or two purchased nights). Since you are leaving your car in their lot (for and extended period of time) you have to leave the make/model detail w/the hotel so your vehicle won't be towed away. This is the $20 charge~a HUGE BARGAIN since the parking charges at the port are $15/day? We have stayed here before our last cruise and can't wait to go back. The mineral pool is WONDERFUL!

Rae

Disneynutbsv
01-10-2010, 07:17 AM
So, if I wanted to try for April, when should I try booking?

smsnorthup
01-10-2010, 09:10 AM
I just called to check on my Priceline reservation and we are also in a kid suite. My DD8 will be so excited!:goodvibes

84disney
01-10-2010, 03:57 PM
just booked 3 rooms at 50.00. i am so thankful to op :goodvibes.

DisneyWillow
01-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks for this post!! We got a room for the $49(62 w/ taxes) price.

tjbaggott
01-10-2010, 08:17 PM
I called the hotel today to make sure we've got the correct number of beds (priceline reservation says two adults, but we will also have our two children with us). We too have one of the kids suites!!!

Does anyone by chance have a photo of the kids suite? I've searched online, and the only one I can find is a single bed in the kids area, no bunkbed type photos. Would love to see one.

ilovedale3
01-10-2010, 08:31 PM
So, if I wanted to try for April, when should I try booking?

I booked our room today for our April 9th stay before the Eastbound Transatlantic. Got it for $63 ($49 + tax)!!!:thumbsup2

Disneynutbsv
01-11-2010, 05:31 AM
I booked our room today for our April 9th stay before the Eastbound Transatlantic. Got it for $63 ($49 + tax)!!!:thumbsup2

Hey, thanks! I will probably give it a go, once we get the cruise paid off in a couple weeks:)

missmdr
01-11-2010, 06:03 AM
I did one night for $49 on 2/20 - a pre cruise hotel! Thanks! Now we have 3 kids...so I *Pray* get a Kids Suite...if not, I"ll be Pricelining another room...although the youngest is a Pack and Play kid - not a bed.

smsnorthup
01-11-2010, 06:20 AM
I did one night for $49 on 2/20 - a pre cruise hotel! Thanks! Now we have 3 kids...so I *Pray* get a Kids Suite...if not, I"ll be Pricelining another room...although the youngest is a Pack and Play kid - not a bed.

Congratulations!! Just call the hotel directly and ask them to check to see what type of room you're in. They asked for my name and check in date...didn't even bring up Priceline. We were assigned a kid suite for our pre-cruise night of Jan 20th.

DisneyWillow
01-11-2010, 06:27 AM

When I called the hotel to see what type of room we got, they didn't ask for my name or date after I told them I booked it through Priceline. She said all Priceline rooms are Kid Suites :cool1:

poohj80
01-11-2010, 08:14 AM
I tried, but no luck. They are completely booked.

They did say that all the priceline rooms are booked as the kids suites.

The shuttle is scheduled to launch @ 4AM on the 7th so thats probably why there are no rooms left.

That's exactly it! When we travel to KSC for work we typically stay there or the Residence Inn next door as they are the closest to the AF gate.

Minnie116
01-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Can someone tell me what the kidsuite consists of?

tmbacon
01-11-2010, 12:01 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU for this tip! Got a room for Saturday April 3rd at $62.11, includes tax. Wow, what a great deal! With the $20 for parking/shuttle, we saved almost half the listed pricing! Yahoo! :yay:

tjbaggott
01-11-2010, 12:35 PM

Apparently, a Queen (or is it a double) bed, and a little alcove off the room for the kids in which there is either a bunk bed or a single bed (depending on what you need), and their own little tv. I found a photo of the single bed in the alcove, on line, but was hoping to see the bunk bed set up (can't find a photo anywhere).

mousecruzer
01-11-2010, 02:18 PM

I have a kids suite for Jan. 29th booked through Priceline (from this thread info!). When I called the hotel to ask about bed assignments, the clerk told me that it has a room with one queen bed and then another room with bunk beds and a twin size bed. The suite also comes with a dining area of table and chairs and, I think, a frig. I had originally booked a one room suite so this works out much better for my family of 4 + Gma that is traveling with us.

We stayed here before our last cruise in Feb. 2008 and can't wait to come back! :thumbsup2

Rae

wegs3000
01-11-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm echoing the previous posters but I just did Priceline for March 19 and got the same room I had booked earlier for $49 plus taxes instead of the $149 I had originally booked. We wanted this hotel so color me excited to have $100more to blow on excursions!

I am so happy and thanks to all of you for sharing another great tip!

AnnMarie3
01-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the tip. I booked three rooms on priceline for $51.00 each for April 2, 2010.

Since we are flying in the night before our cruise and would prefer not to rent a car, how is the best way to get to the hotel from the Orlando airport?

Thanks

mkmommy
01-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Just a heads up from my many years experience working in hotels.

If room reassignments need to be made last minute, priceline rooms will be the first to get reassigned. You may be originally booked in a kids suite but if on your check in day there is a guest willing to pay full rack rate for a kids suite odds are the priceline room will get what ever is available.

I am hoping for a kids suite but if that does not happen, I will still be happy with the rate I got.

payogie
01-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Have you considered one way rentals? We always rent from Avis or Budget one way and get the free shuttle from the car rental agency. Drop the family off at the dock with all the luggage. Then while they're checking in you can return the car. Also rent one way for your day of debarkation, and they meet you at the dock. So many things could go wrong parking a rental at a hotel that I would avoid it if possible. I listed Avis discount codes below. Try them all, and you're bound to find a good rate. Sorry no codes for Budget.

A076600 Compuserve Travel Forum

A108300 Unknown

A108303 Costco ***Good Rate***

A108325 Costco ***Good Rate***

A108335 Costco ***Good Rate***

A113400 State of FL employee rate-->EXCELLENT RATE!!

A153700 Avis Employee Discount Rate

A359800 Unknown

A733315 Priority Pass
B021615 Walmart

B116099 Cheap Premium Car rate at LAX

B254700 Savers Clubs of America

B335100 Unknown

B449700 Unknown, Supposedly a great rate-Yes!!!!

B790000 Entertainment

B868700 Unknown, Supposedly a great rate

B900000 Generic AAA code

B935221 Sam's Club

B973000 Gusto Card

B999000 Unknown

D002807 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***Expired***

D005297 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***NEW***

D005620 Unknown

D086533 Marshall School of Business of USC **Good Rate**

D086689 American Association of Engineers-35% Discount?

D331000 Unknown

J098440 Canon Communications

J868801 Unknown-As good as
D002807?

K020500 America West FlightFund

K163324 Florida Space Coast Golf Association, AAU Rate

K197800 Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan

K250544 Underage Discount Rate

K305600 Unknown

K305800 Unknown

K306000 Marco Polo

K501300 Unknown-Better than
D002807? Not so far!

K666403 Unknown

K747902 Unknown

K774100 Avis Online Discount

K817100 American Airlines AAdvantage

K817421 Unknown

K817600 Delta Air Lines SkyMiles

K817700 Unknown

K851000 Hilton HHonors

K860600 Starwood Preferred Guest-Great for Hawaii

L093590 Kellwood ***Max $3K Liablity***Good Rate***

L149332 Optimum Club?-Good Discount in STL

L237904 “for the best discount”? Yes, in some places

P400000 Tourism Association ***Good Rate*** 

T844211 Unknown

Z284372 Cheaper than Costco Rate?

sparty7798
01-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi,
I just booked it for the $62.11! Thanks so much for all the help! I love a great deal, original room I had was $145.00.

Thanks again!

mousefan64
01-13-2010, 06:13 PM
like that tip :dance3:

RN_Mom
01-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Sweet or should i say :SUITE!!! Just got this deal for May 28th-May 30th!! :cool1:So excited....Now just to wait 135 days til we sail on Double DIp wonder:banana:

fieldser
01-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you:cool1::cool1:

I jus won country inn and suites on priceline for 2 nights before the ta cruise in april.

Total for two nights, w tax was about 119.

Disneynutbsv
01-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Yay! I got it via priceline, but I did it through mypoints as well:) 3 points per dollar spent!! They said they couldn't book the shuttle now, but I shouldn't have a problem once I check in booking it!

nikkistevej
01-23-2010, 04:33 PM
What kind of breakfast options are at the hotel? We stayed at Radisson last year and weren't that impressed with it. We just want a nice breakfast before we get to the port as we like to get there as early as we can. :goodvibes

IndianaCruiser
01-23-2010, 04:41 PM
We are currently in our room at the hotel waiting to cruise in the morning! (using their free wireless internet.) What a deal for the Priceline rate. I would encourage everyone to do it if they have the chance.

tikibirds
01-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Have a great cruise IndianaCruiser.

Very glad that so many have been able to take advantage of this! :)

BeautyFan
01-26-2010, 12:00 PM
:thumbsup2 Thanks for the tip. We were going to stay at my parents' rental about an hour away the night before and park at the port. It will be so nice to just wake up in the morning and take a shuttle. :wizard:

Does anyone know how does the shuttle work once the cruise has ended and you have to go back to retrieve your car? Do you take your own luggage off the ship? :confused3

PoohJen
01-26-2010, 12:15 PM
...Does anyone know how does the shuttle work once the cruise has ended and you have to go back to retrieve your car? Do you take your own luggage off the ship? :confused3

The night before you leave, you place all luggage (except the few items you need overnight/in the morning) outside your cabin door, and the crew takes it down to the holding area.

In the morning, when you disembark, you find your luggage (you'll have a pre-assigned luggage area) and a porter will help you take it thru customs to the shuttle stop.:thumbsup2

poohj80
01-26-2010, 12:18 PM
In the morning, when you disembark, you find your luggage (you'll have a pre-assigned luggage area) and a porter will help you take it thru customs to the shuttle stop.:thumbsup2

Do you have to call the Shuttle when you are ready to disembark or do you set-up up a pick-up time beforehand?

riggins
01-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks to the OP for posting this and to everyone else for the details. I was going to book a room today for $140 when I saw this post. I was able to get the room $49 . . . with taxes $62.11. What a savings!! I also called the hotel to see if they could update the reservation to show it was 2 adults and 2 kids, since Priceline only lets you do 2 adults. Like others have posted, the person at the front desk said that all the Priceline reservations get a Kids Suite. She pulled up my reservation and confirmed that we were listed with a Kids Suite. Since its Priceline, I know they can change it, but even if they do, I'm thrilled with the bargain. Thanks again for the info!

debm
01-27-2010, 12:04 AM
I have never done Priceline but this really interests me. I would love to save some money. Right now we have a room booked at the Residence Inn and it isn't cheap. However we have 4 children so there are 6 of us. Everyone keeps talking about this kid's suite but does it tell how many people fit in a room anywhere? Also is the shuttle from the C I & S good? One of the resorts told me their service didn't start until 11am. That's too late for us. We like to leave for the ship an hour before that. Thanks for any help.

Bobh002
01-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Congratulations, your price of $60 was accepted by Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral.

I just did this a few minutes ago for a night on 3/5 for our 3/6 cruise. Website was $141 and I got a room for $60 using priceline. Thanks for the tip and thanks to my sister for telling me about this tip !!

BeautyFan
01-28-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm ready to make my Priceline bid...one quick question! Has anyone stayed here and parked for their cruise? I'd like to know if my car will be parked safely there!pirate:

Thanks for your feedback!

debbs0723
01-28-2010, 02:54 PM
we just stayed there sat jan 16th. It was an extra $20. The shuttle service was great and easy and yes your car is safe. We didn't buy but ended up with a 2010 cadillac dts fully loaded beautiful car as our rent car and had it parked there for 4 nights and came back and it was still there. I wouldn't leave belongings out in the open though.

PoohJen
01-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Congratulations, your price of $60 was accepted by Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral.

I just did this a few minutes ago for a night on 3/5 for our 3/6 cruise. Website was $141 and I got a room for $60 using priceline. Thanks for the tip and thanks to my sister for telling me about this tip !!

I'll have to try again for my Wonder sailing and up it to $60. Wouldn't accept $49 or $52.:rolleyes:

PoohJen
01-28-2010, 08:24 PM
My BIL tried $60 tonight for our 2/28 cruise; no luck. :sad2: Must be sold out of priceline inventory for that night (2/27). Oh well, time to come up with a Plan B!:rolleyes1

Billinaz
04-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Ive tried from the day it opened. I just think they have not released any inventory to priceline yet.

Disneynutbsv
04-19-2010, 10:12 AM
We just used them with the priceline deal! Great suite (beds were a bit uncomfortable), but the kids suite was awesome! The cruise shuttle worked seamlessly....picked us up, dropped us off with our luggage, we tipped our driver and were on our way to the cruise! Then when we got off the ship, we called and he was there in less than 5 minutes, picked us up with our luggage, went over to carnival to pick up another couple and were back at the hotel in about 20 minutes time and we tipped again :) The continental breakfast was great too, plus they serve baked cookies in the lobby:)

breakingd_awn
04-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Ive tried from the day it opened. I just think they have not released any inventory to priceline yet.

I think they should at least release a few, for those of us who might be a little obsessive about planning ...they have no idea what they're putting us through;)

WhitGB
02-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Has anyone tried this recently? I have never worked with Priceline for fear of what I may be getting for a hotel.

We are not going until October, is priceline a place you use for last minute deals or is this something an over obsessed person can do now?

TIA

WhitGB
02-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Anyone know? I see others looking at the same hotel and asking about prices.

ForTheLoveOfDCL
03-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Anyone know? I see others looking at the same hotel and asking about prices.
Does anyone know if this is still working to bid a 2.5 star cape Canaveral and get country inn and suites ?

abbiep
03-13-2013, 08:37 AM
I tried this recently and ended up at Fairfield Inn. They dont offer the parking package that Country Inn does, at least not as far as I could find.

zippingalong
03-13-2013, 09:20 AM
I just used Hotwire, and got this hotel. I paid $89, but still saved some money.

ForTheLoveOfDCL
03-13-2013, 09:46 AM
I just used Hotwire, and got this hotel. I paid $89, but still saved some money.

That's a good price I think I won't risk it cause I have it at govt rate of $99 right now & we really want to start our day looking out at the ship...lol. plus the good reviews help. =)

zippingalong
03-13-2013, 09:55 AM
I used betterbidding.com and knew it was the Country Inn before I booked it.

ForTheLoveOfDCL
03-13-2013, 11:12 AM
I used betterbidding.com and knew it was the Country Inn before I booked it.

Tell me ur secrets of knowing. I have never used that sight, I know priceline but not the one u speak of.:confused3

zippingalong
03-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Betterbidding.com is basically a site that cracks hotwire.

On hotwire, you're buying an unknown hotel. It gives the hotel a # of stars rating, and then shows a list of amenities. You can go to Betterbidding, and compare the hotels and their amenities and know what hotel you're bidding on.

mommyto3princesses
03-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Hello,

Sorry for digging up this old post, but I was curious to hear if anyone has used Priceline to reserve a room at CIaS in Port Canaveral? We did this two years ago thanks to this thread and I'd like to do it again for an upcoming sailing.

TIA

resq343
05-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Anyone have any luck recently on getting this hotel thru Priceline or Hotwire? If so is it still for the kids suite? Thanks

Danielletx
05-07-2013, 10:23 AM
I mentioned this somewhere else, be VERY careful when booking with third party sites. They guarantee you a room. But they don't guarantee you will get what you need. (with name your own price feature)

You get a good deal most of the time because they put you in the rooms they normally don't sell very well. Like smoking rooms, rooms close to elevators, and murphy bed rooms.

Always call after booking and talk to the hotel to see if they can move you into a specific room type. You also have a chance that if the hotel books up, you will be "walked" to another property of equal or less value.

(I work in the hotel industry)

truck1
05-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Anyone have any luck recently on getting this hotel thru Priceline or Hotwire? If so is it still for the kids suite? Thanks

The last time we did it we got a room for like 60. I for get what room they used. I called and had them upgrade us to a port view room with park and cruise.
We paid the difference and it still came out cheaper.

thdarragh
05-07-2013, 11:08 AM

You may be able to get the room/suite thru Priceline etc but probably not the park/cruise package. For us, that was one of the main reasons of booking there. Separate kids room, breakfast, parking for 7 days, shuttle to terminal etc all included. For $119.00 I thought it was worth it, but I booked direct.