PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling ground transfers?

trwprid
01-03-2010, 02:18 PM
We originally purchased transport from the airport to Port Carnaveral thinking we were going to fly in.

Well, we decided we'll save the money and drive down from N.C. Is this a refundable expense? I've looked over the terms and conditions on DCL and couldn't find anything that directly addressed it. Our TA is looking into it, but I was just curious if anyone has been able to recoup that cash.

kcashner
01-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Never had a problem either with getting them refunded or purchasing at the last minute....except on one cruise many years ago when DCL charged me twice for the transfers. Getting THAT corrected was a total mess.

trwprid
01-03-2010, 02:27 PM
That is great to know! We could use that $ towards the cost of our post-cruise hotel night.

tjbaggott
01-03-2010, 08:07 PM
For our last cruise, we did the same thing. Purchased transfers, then decided to drive. We were given the full transfer amount back and we used it to upgrade to a different Cat Stateroom. The only thing I'm curious about for you though is that you seem to be one month and a bit till your cruise, so will there be penalties at all on that refund for you? Let us know what your TA says. We had no penalties, but then, our cancellation of ground transfers was made more than 6 months out.

trwprid
01-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Just got word from my TA that DCL canceled them no problems and are going to credit the cost back to us within a week or so.

I guess they don't really care about the transfers as long as you're still dropping a wad of dough on the cruise. :thumbsup2