PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Suites

catzle
01-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Okay just booked this so we could use the Atlantis for the day. We paid $238 is this good? Ended up at $287 with their taxes than we have another $35 to pay when we check in. Sounds expensive but I'm sure it will be worth it, I hope.

sing4joy
01-03-2010, 03:53 PM
We did the Comfort Inn/Atlantis access thing last summer and it was great! Huge savings for our family of 5 vs the excursion cost. We actually left the ship with our (wheeled) carry-on, loaded up with a change and clothes and some toiletries,etc. Then when our Atlantis fun was over, we showered and changed at the Comfort Inn and were ready for our late dinner when we returned to the ship :) Hope you enjoy!

Anal Annie
01-03-2010, 04:37 PM
That's certainly cheaper than booking Atlantis thru DCL...you don't say when you're going but I would watch the prices every week or so - I think it often goes down a bit from that. I had booked for July in probably March...then by probably May it went down a good bit. Watch TravelZoo. If that happens, just make a new ressie then go & cancel the first one. :thumbsup2 I think you should be able to get it inclusive of all the fees for closer to $200. Just be diligent about checking it. And you might ask if anyone has any special codes to share or if you have AAA sometimes you can find a cheaper rate.

catzle
01-03-2010, 05:09 PM
We will be there June 1st, Tuesday.

Anal Annie
01-03-2010, 05:11 PM
We will be there June 1st, Tuesday.

Oh then there's definitely time for the rates to drop a bit. Just watch it every so often!!:thumbsup2

Dizzyworld
01-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Oh then there's definitely time for the rates to drop a bit. Just watch it every so often!!:thumbsup2

I agree. Your price sounds high to me too. Keep checking often.

barbarasc
01-03-2010, 05:45 PM
We were just in Nassau early Dec and we booked a room at the Atlantis for the day for $179. Atlantis has had some really GREAT deals, you need to CALL them and not just book or pass them up based their website pricing. If you call you insure you are getting the best deal.
:cool1:

ladyleslie
01-03-2010, 10:25 PM
We were just in Nassau early Dec and we booked a room at the Atlantis for the day for $179. Atlantis has had some really GREAT deals, you need to CALL them and not just book or pass them up based their website pricing. If you call you insure you are getting the best deal.
:cool1:

When you called - did you say you wanted a room just for the day?

Jeanne B
01-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Sounds a little high to me even though it's high season so definitely keep checking back every month and update your reservation whenever the rate drops. I've booked CS twice in the past, once in late Oct, once in early Dec (two years ago) and both times I paid $90 with taxes, but this was off-season rates.

barbarasc
01-04-2010, 02:53 PM
When you called - did you say you wanted a room just for the day?

Yes when I called told them I was arriving on cruise and wanted to stay for the day. When we arrived we checked in and was off an running!

KatInHat
01-04-2010, 06:54 PM
For those of you who have done Atlantis/Comfort Suites for the day.. how many people do they allow to have use of the Atlantis facilities per room.
It will be my family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) and my parents. Will we have to book 2 rooms or would they allow us to maybe pay extra per additional person. Thanks.

KatInHat
01-10-2010, 06:43 PM
anyone?

ppiew
01-10-2010, 07:13 PM
I believe it will be 2 rooms. When we had cked with Comfort Suites they allowed 4 per room only.

jama
01-10-2010, 07:32 PM
We did the Comfort Inn/Atlantis access thing last summer and it was great! Huge savings for our family of 5 vs the excursion cost. We actually left the ship with our (wheeled) carry-on, loaded up with a change and clothes and some toiletries,etc. Then when our Atlantis fun was over, we showered and changed at the Comfort Inn and were ready for our late dinner when we returned to the ship :) Hope you enjoy!

How did you do five people at Comfort? Did you have to book 2 rooms?

sing4joy
01-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I was just responding to this :) We had actually reserved 3 rooms for our entire group. They did however give me an extra ticket for a resort band for my 3 year old at no charge. I had reserved 1 room for my immediate family which allowed 2 adults and 2 children.. my 3 year old would have been the 5th guest and I don't think they reservation accepted 5 at the time. But once we arrived, they gave him a band no problem/questions. But I do think it would be a bit risky to chance that they'd do that all the time.. or for adults. Perhaps you can call the hotel.

Many organizations offer discounts to "choice hotels" we used our org. code: 00800194. We clicked the link on the bottom which reads: "Enter special rate ID", which accesses the ID page. It takes off 15-20%... they never asked for our membership card, but I used it for each of the rooms I booked. You're welcome to use it if it's permitted.
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [/COLOR][/FONT]

jhugge
01-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Another question regarding Comfort Suites. Is it walking distance to the Atlantis amenities?

We are booked on 4/5. As of now I cannot find an available room at Atlantis or at the Comfort Suites for that day. Glad we booked early even though it was $240 for the night.