PDA

View Full Version : What time of night does the Wonder go to bed?

SHammett
01-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Am "dragging" my husband back to cruise on the Wonder in a few weeks. I asked him tonight how are the evenings this time of yeasr, since I can't remember from our cruise in January, 4 years ago. I was referring to the weather, but he thought I meant the night owl life onboard. He replied that everything is dead past 10pm. I didn't think the clubs closed that early, but he assured me that he wandered the boat during the late hours before and everything was closed. Does anyone have any info regarding closing times of everything? We do tend to be night owls, so may have to adjust our sleeping hours :).

su_kraft
01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Am "dragging" my husband back to cruise on the Wonder in a few weeks. I asked him tonight how are the evenings this time of yeasr, since I can't remember from our cruise in January, 4 years ago. I was referring to the weather, but he thought I meant the night owl life onboard. He replied that everything is dead past 10pm. I didn't think the clubs closed that early, but he assured me that he wandered the boat during the late hours before and everything was closed. Does anyone have any info regarding closing times of everything? We do tend to be night owls, so may have to adjust our sleeping hours :).

I seem to remember midnight or 1 am as the time that most things closed up. However, I also remember that Ocean Quest (pre teen club) had the kids up until 2am on some nights... My son discovered that hot chocolate and coffee was a great mix - both late at night and when we got him up for breakfast... :)

(Oh - this was on the Magic - not sure if that makes a difference or not...)

Otimon
01-03-2010, 05:04 AM
Wrong post. Sorry.

Pluto,
01-03-2010, 08:05 AM
i never been on the wonder but the magic is 0200. rockin bar d closes at 0200 never been up that late to see if people are still there when it closes.

engle
01-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Just got off the Wonder a few weeks ago. Most things wind down around midnight when the bars close on Rt. 66. Sometimes Wavebands had dancing until 1:30am. The late night "gameshow" didn't even start until 10:30 on most nights. The adults only pool, the shops and the arcade were open until midnight. There was also a movie that started each night between 10 and 11. The pirate buffet on pirate night lasted until 11:15pm. You could get late night snacks at other places until midnight...sometimes until 12:30. We were usually up and playing until midnight right along with many others. So, I think midnight is when things shut down essentially. Remember, you can always get room service when you need a snack and and 11 o'clock movie wouldn't get over until nearly 1am. So, if you are night owls...you should be okay. Now, if you are 3am folks, you'll have to make your own fun.

jilljill
01-03-2010, 09:41 AM
You can look at the Navigator's posted in the FAQ sticky at the top of the boards to see what is offered late night.
We usually didn't get out of dinner until a little past 10pm so I know things don't close that early. Rt. 66 is always open after late dinner ends.

jodifla
01-03-2010, 10:33 AM
DH and I both thought there wasn't much nightlife on the Magic or the Wonder.

SHammett
01-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the replies. I don't think he is looking for nightlife, in particular, just a late movie or something. Sounds like we'll be in good shape.

jilljill
01-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the replies. I don't think he is looking for nightlife, in particular, just a late movie or something. Sounds like we'll be in good shape.

There is generally a movie in the Buena Vista Theater that begins at either 11pm or midnight each night. If that's all he's looking for then he's good to go.

tvguy
01-03-2010, 02:51 PM
The late night "gameshow" didn't even start until 10:30 on most nights. The pirate buffet on pirate night lasted until 11:15pm. You could get late night snacks at other places until midnight...sometimes until 12:30.
Your post really underscores the difference in Disney cruise passengers..they all are "early to bed, early to rise." On other cruises the late night show was at 1 am, and the late night buffet, better known as the Midnight buffet, didn't start until midnight, and went until 1:30 am.

DH and I both thought there wasn't much nightlife on the Magic or the Wonder.

We were amazed, other than New Years Eve, how early folks on the Magic went to bed, which also explains why Early Seating is so much more popular.
We were also amazed....and a bit unhappy with...how early noisy children got up on sea days......screaming in the hall at 6 am was NOT welcome.