PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin vs BCV/BWV

GoofItUp
01-02-2010, 05:28 PM
My aunt/uncle and 3 cousins are going with us to WDW this summer. They are booked at the Dolphin on a govt employee rate, but I called today and was able to get a ressie at BWV studio for them. We are at BCV the same time, so I booked 4 of them at BWV and put one of the kids in my room. (Chances are better than not that at least one of them would be staying with us anyway.) I also waitlisted BCV for them So, my question: are the rooms at the Dolphin that much bigger (or any bigger) than the rooms at BWV or BCV? We are not lounge-in-the-room types, but want to stay here for location, SAB, location, good eateries, location, etc. I'm thinking that if the rooms are similar in size and the Dolphin allows a roll-away, then we should be able to fit a twin mattress in the room so everyone can sleep comfortably. I have an Aerobed mattress I could take that inflates/deflates quickly so it could be put up at night and then put away during the day without much trouble.

I don't mind it being tight - we're from large families and are use to that - but don't want them to be wishing they had kept their room at the Dolphin either.

Deb & Bill
01-03-2010, 09:37 AM
A studio doesn't work that well with families who are planning on using the room to sleep - unless they get OKW with two real beds.

If they stay at the BWV, they still won't be able to use the pools at BC/YC/BCV. The Grotto pool is rather neat, though.

The Dolphin only has double sized beds, but those are some very comfortable beds. The Swan has queen sized beds.

Sandisw
01-03-2010, 09:43 AM
We stayed with 4 at BWV this summer. It was me, DS20, DD16, and DD13. We were fine. We did bring a pool raft for my DD16 to sleep on and there was plenty of room (even with the sofa bed pulled out).

But, if we had an aerobed it would have fit just as well (we were going to buy one of those, but she said that the pool raft we got on clearance for 99 cents was comfortable so hey...who am I to argue!!!!).

My DD 13 and I slept in the queen bead, my DS 20 slept on the sleeper sofa and DD16 on the floor.

It was fine and no problem for us (matter of fact, my son said that the sleeper sofa was comfortable--I think kids think most things are!!!)

happymommy
01-03-2010, 07:05 PM
The Dolphin had a deal in 2009 (I'd check if they still have it) for a connecting room for only $99 for the kids. I would jump on that if they have it.

The Dolphin will sleep 5, as my good friend who brought her 4 boys did one summer (I was 2 doors down with my 2 kids) but it was TIGHT! She took the rollaway and her kids all had the doubles. It was fun, but I couldn't do it.

I'd check on the second room deal.

bwvBound
01-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Dolphin/Swan share a nice pool, too!

Hunclemarco
01-03-2010, 07:55 PM
As a side thought, not sure if you're aunt was interested in a dining plan, but i don't think that you can get that at the Dolphin. :surfweb:

DebbieB
01-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Some things to consider for the Dolphin:

They will have to pay a $10 per night resort fee. If they have a car, they will have to pay to park. They would not be eligible for DME.

I stayed at the Swan for 1 night before I checked into AKV last summer. It was nice but it just didn't feel "Disney".

GoofItUp
01-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the responses. They seem kind of excited about staying at BWV or possibly BCV and I think are going to cancel the Dolphin room. As long as there studio rooms are not much smaller (or maybe not smaller at all) than the rooms at the Dolphin, I think they'll be happy. Plus, this will allow them to use DME to save some money.