PDA

View Full Version : Need 1 night in no-frills hotel near Maingate for Mom

Blurrysmom
01-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Hi,
My mom is driving up from SW Florida to join us and she will need one night at a Disney-area hotel before our ressie begins at Boardwalk. She will be driving up solo, so it must be clean and safe and easy to find/get to Disney from. And inexpensive. Got any recommendations for a Quality/Comfort Inn type place? It's hard for me to recognize which of the many hotel locations are easier to get to the Boardwalk from, so I am eager for expert advice!! :)

spiceycat
01-01-2010, 12:44 PM
bwv is hard to get too.

is Pop century too expensive - it would be fairly easily - otherwise would suggest US 192 - near International Drive South (but not of course gaylord palms - way to expensive)

here is one
http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-kissimmee-florida-FL691?sid=27L1i.lLPchgHRM.9&sarea=DISWLD&sname=DisneyWorld%2FEpcot+Cntr%2FMGM&sstate=FL&scountry=US&sradius=40.23&slat=28.3405&slon=-81.5673&schain=W&exp=&scity=&sort=&type=&map=n&nroom=1&nadult1=1&nchild1=0&nadult2=1&nchild2=0&nadult3=1&nchild3=0&nadult4=1&nchild4=0&nadult5=1&nchild5=0

that say rodeway inn might be too cheap.

Blurrysmom
01-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out. Cheap/inexpensive is good, but cheap/trashy is bad (meaning bedbugs, drunken hooligans and scary people screaming outside on the sidewalk). Care to be more specific? :rotfl:

Poohbug
01-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista is clean, no frills and sometimes you can get it for $39/night. Also very close and easy to get to WDW.

spiceycat
01-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out. Cheap/inexpensive is good, but cheap/trashy is bad (meaning bedbugs, drunken hooligans and scary people screaming outside on the sidewalk). Care to be more specific? :rotfl:

well almost stayed there once myself - it allows pets - so when traveling with Spicey considered it. that said it was too close to US 192 (very, very busy highway) for me at the time.

can't guaranteed about the bed bugs - then Orlando did not have them to the point they do now.

go look on trip advisor - if it has bed bugs it would be there.

to get to bwv from it - turn left out of it (which may take a while - unless she goes thru the shopping mall to the traffic light) -

under the bridge (i-4) turn left - then after Gaylord Palms turn left (get in far right lane) - then when you see the signs for Pop Century turn right. Stay on this road until it dead ends - then turn left at the traffic light - at the next traffic light turn right - then as soon as possible turn right again (this means she has a copy of the reservation otherwise she will be going to the parking lot across the road - so make sure she has a copy)

mikeandkarla
01-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Buena Vista Suites is nice, close to Epcot area, free parking, free breakfast, and is a 2 room suite. here is their website.
http://www.thecaribeorlando.com/buena-vista-suites/

Brenner965
01-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Depending on the time of year, the Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn in Lake Buena Vista can be booked for $65 - $75.

MEK
01-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Use trip advisor before you book anything for your mom. Some of the less expensive, off site hotels can be not so great. I think trip advisor will help you get something decent. I use it all the time whenever I travel anywhere.

dgaston
01-05-2010, 09:55 AM
I also think the hotels you get at the 3 1/2 * level on Priceline in the Walt Disney Vicinity are ok too. You should be able to find something around $45 to $50.