PDA

View Full Version : Arriving late, should we give online checkin an earlier arrival to get a better

Donna M
12-31-2009, 05:45 PM
If we get there too late I figure we'll get assigned a less desirable room since so many other people have asked for better rooms. It happened to us at OKW when we arrived late; we ended up with a smoking room. I'm glad they got rid of those.

Do you think it will make a big difference at BCV?

PalVal
01-01-2010, 10:05 AM
One time we checked in at 11:30 p.m. and got upgraded to a one bedroom at WLV because they didn't have any more studio's available. Something must of happened during the day for them to give our studio away, or maybe there was a maintenance problem. Our late check-in worked out great for us!

bobbiwoz
01-01-2010, 10:20 AM
For our December visit, I had put an 8PM arrival for a AKV value studio. We got value studio with a savannah view. It didn't seem to matter that we were checking in late.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Starr W.
01-02-2010, 08:37 AM
I've checked in late(10:30 pm & midnight)at SSR Friday before Thanksgiving.

Both years got my requested area(CP, close to the quiet pool) and this year we had a GV.

I used the online in October when I stayed at VWL(no request). My studio was on the 2nd floor and along the back hall way.

Other than it is a bit quicker, I don't think there is that much of an advantage to it.

DisDaydreamer
01-02-2010, 09:06 AM
I used to think it makes a difference, but in the last couple years I have experienced some things that suggest our rooms have been pre-assigned. I think once a certain percentage of the resort's capacity is reached in bookings (maybe like 75%) they go from assigned upon arrival to pre-assigned. Of course I am just guessing.:upsidedow