PDA

View Full Version : Kidani Room Request

DisneyStarWisher
12-31-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm trying to figure out which floor to request for my AKV next year. Is the Kidani lobby on the 1st floor or the 2nd floor? Is the parking garage considered the 1st floor? I keep getting confused about this for some reason. Thanks for any help you can give!

Disneycouple99
12-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Parking is on 1st. floor. Lobby is 2nd. floor.

DebbieB
12-31-2009, 03:32 PM
There are no rooms on the first floor. I would request close to lobby, the animals hang out there more.

DisneyStarWisher
12-31-2009, 03:39 PM
I've heard the animals hang out at the lobby more. I definitely want to be close of the animals but I also don't want to be near any noise. I'm VERY sensitive to noise. If I request 2nd floor near the lobby, will it be noisy? It makes me think I should request 3rd floor near the lobby instead. Would that be quieter?

dianeschlicht
12-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Kidani lobby should not be as noisey as Jambo. It's a LOT smaller.

CarpeDisney
12-31-2009, 04:06 PM
Just got back from the family's first trip to Kidani. I requested a room "close to the lobby" when I booked, and am glad I did. We stayed in room 2726, located on the second floor. It was a savannah view 1 bedroom in the third "bead" to the left of the lobby.

There seems to be enough buffer space (elevator, artwork display areas, animal viewing balcony) between the main lobby and the rooms so that the lobby noise doesn't make it's way down the hallways. I can't imagine staying far from the lobby, because the walk could be a beast especially if you don't have a car to drive to the parking lots below.

We'll definitely be staying at Kidani a lot. Great bus service to the parks, easy to get to and from Jambo house if you don't want to walk, the rooms' layouts are fantastic, and a great staff. Only down side to Kidani is the lack of a counter-service food area.