PDA

View Full Version : SunLake Resort?

MinnieLove
12-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Found a 3 bedroom villas at SunLake Resort two miles from Animal Kingdom (W. Irlo Bronson). Looks very nice and the price is right. Under $250 for 3 nights in April. I was looking at inexpensive hotels going around the same price.

We stayed at Windsor Hills last year and loved being in a condo compared to a small hotel room.

Does anyone have any experiences here. Just looking for feedback, should I keep looking?

A Mickeyfan
01-01-2010, 12:11 AM
A friend of mine was looking into there also and noticed that for stays 3 days or under (at least that is what we read) it states they charge a $65 fee for cleaning .. there is no option.. you are charged it. So just double check this before you book to make sure you are aware of all charges that you will encounter there....:goodvibes

MinnieLove
01-01-2010, 07:09 PM
BookIt.comŽ Bonus
Cleaning Fee Waived (SAVE $65) when you stay 3 nights or longer!

I double read this tidbit also. We are staying three nights so I think it will be waived thru BookIt.com.

I was hoping also to hear from someone on the DIS that had stayed here.

A Mickeyfan
01-02-2010, 11:10 AM
:goodvibes so you did see it.. I know for my friend, she would have had to pay it since she was only staying 2 nights. So I did misunderstand the "3" night part... it would have been better for her to add that 3rd night!! :thumbsup2 but I don't think she can... it is like, pay for the cleaning or add the 3rd night :goodvibes

ch261
01-02-2010, 06:41 PM
We stayed there when it first opened in 2005, I think. We loved it at that time. It was beautiful, new, clean, and spacious. We went in December that time, so we didn't swim or use any of the "resort" facilities, but the unit was perfect for us to sleep, eat, and relax and spread out at the end of the day. We looked at staying there again for our next trip in March, but when we read the reviews on tripadvisor, we decided to keep looking. It doesn't sound like it's been kept up very well. We ended up finding a condo that's just as cheap through vrbo.com. Good luck!