PDA

View Full Version : What to expect at GF Sugar Loaf?

bellisima2002
07-23-2002, 09:01 AM
Good Morning,

I just booked a room at GF Sugar Loaf Concierge this morning with the discounts that came out. $309.66 with tax included per night. This is our first stay at the GF and concierge. We usually stay at the Polynesian.

Can someone either tell me what is offered as far as food from morning to night here or a website that has the information.

Can someone tell me if someone from GF will be contacting me for PS's and help, and if they will how far in advance of my leaving will they contact me.

Also, when and who should I contact to request the uppermost floor. If there are 3 floors, we want the 3rd floor, if there are 4 floors, we want the 4th floor ....

Thank you all very much.

Mary

mrsapalm
07-23-2002, 09:14 AM
Congratulations! Check out my signature - I have fond memories of Sugar Loaf. We received a courtesy call from the concierge desk before our trip, and they helped me out with our PSs and minor trip questions/arrangements I needed. I can't remember how far in advance the call was made, but you can always give them a call if you want to go ahead and make arrangements. You will also get a mailing of the GF's fine features. I would contact the concierge desk with any room requests you may have, and confirm with them, probably a week before your trip, any requests or concerns you might have.
We enjoyed croissants, various other bread slices, yogurts, fresh fruits, cereals, coffee, tea, juice, and milk for the concierge breakfasts. Toasters are on hand and they also provide plenty of condiments.
For lunch/tea time - there were different kinds of sushi rolls, cucumber and other finger sandwiches, fruits, breads, and some other foods I cannot for the life of me remember. Don't forget to pick up a glass of their lemonade - it is soooo refreshing! If I remember correctly, they clean up at around 3:00, so if you want to take advantage of the food, show up before then.
PM me if you need any other info I might have forgotten!
-MrsAPalm

bellisima2002
07-23-2002, 09:18 AM
Thank you so much for your information......

ducklite
07-23-2002, 02:05 PM
They never contacted me. In fact the food offerings were about the only reasonably good thing about my GF concierge experience.

The previous poster discussed what they had for food. They also had a great salsa and chips at lunch time, and cookies and tea in the afternoon.

Anne

bellisima2002
07-23-2002, 02:09 PM
Hi Anne,

I am from New Jersey too! I'm right outside of Princeton.
To your recollection what did they serve for Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I understand what they put out is not to make a meal of. But I can certainly book my ps's around what they serve.
Thanks.
Mary

corndog
07-23-2002, 02:20 PM
We just got back from there yesterday. You can definitely get a big breakfast there but the lunch and dinner timed offerings are definitely not meal worthy and I would say other than cheese and crackers the offerings are not very kid friendly if that's a concern. How's that for a run-on sentence.

ducklite
07-23-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by bellisima2002
Hi Anne,

I am from New Jersey too! I'm right outside of Princeton.
To your recollection what did they serve for Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I understand what they put out is not to make a meal of. But I can certainly book my ps's around what they serve.
Thanks.
Mary

For breakfast you can definitely make a full meal of it. They had cereals, fruit, yogurt, danish and other pastries, muffins, toast, bagels, you name it. Plus of course juice, tea, coffee, milk, cocoa.

For lunch there were some little finger sandwiches, I dont recall exactly what, plus the salsa and nachos. There was also fresh fruit and some sort of desert. In the afternoon there was tea and cookies. There was some type of light appetizers at dinner, but not enough to make a meal out of, and not enough to go around either--there were a couple families taht would pile HUGE plates and walk back to their rooms, dropping food on the floor the entire way. I think the one family had more people in their room that weren't actually registered.

I want to think there were some dessert type things later in teh evening as well, however I do'nt recall exactly what.

I sent you a PM as well...

Anne

TammiMcMan
07-23-2002, 07:38 PM
We stayed at Sugar Loaf in July 2000 and weren't very impressed. I don't know if things have changed any, but when we were there, seating, food service and concierge were all together in the main lobby area. At that time, there were only 3 large tables seating 3 people each and they were kind of tucked into the back entrance hallway. I was not impressed with the food offerings, in fact, other than breakfast and afternoon cookies, my kids pretty much skipped the whole thing. There are 4 floors in Sugar Loaf, but I believe that the 4th floor is the smaller dormered rooms. On our visit, we stayed on the 3rd floor and had a marina view. The only problem was the huge tree outside our balcony that blocked the whole castle from view. If you want to see the castle, I would suggest getting a room on the right hand side of the building. As for pre-planning, if you don't hear from them within 30-45 days of your arrival, I would give them a call. We've done concierge twice at GF and have never received a pre-planning guide, only the phone call within 2 months of our trip. I can't say enough nice things about the concierge staff. They were extremely helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to call them and ask any questions that you may have.

Tammi

bellisima2002
07-23-2002, 07:48 PM
Can anyone please tell me how far sugar loaf building concierge is from the main building. Or, how many buildings away, or where there is a map I can view.

Thanks a lot.

Mary

CaliforniaDreaming
07-23-2002, 08:01 PM
They are actually very close (about as close as you'll get in a lodge building). I have a map on the GF FAQ if you want to see.

blanche
07-23-2002, 11:48 PM
bellisima 2002, hi, when you booked the sugarloaf consierge room, did you also get a price (with the code) for the main building consierge? (just curious) thanks

bellisima2002
07-24-2002, 07:56 AM
Hi Blanche,
Actually I wanted Main Building Conceirge, but they were totally booked!!
Sorry.
Mary

blanche
07-25-2002, 01:41 AM
ok thanks