PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive airport hotel at MCO?

Minniekins
12-29-2009, 06:03 AM
I have a question about a last min idea. If I were to change my early morn Sat flight out of Midway, chicago to a flight about 12 hours earlier on the Friday night, (based on that they changed flight times a number of times to the time it's at now on Sat. morn), is there somewhere inexpensive I could stay at the airport after the 11:30 pm flight lands? We are staying at POR and I don't want to check in that late and pay full price for a night there. Probably won't do this, but just trying to see what the possibilites were if I did consider doing this switch. I didn't want to have to take a taxi somewhere, I just wanted to take the DME to POR like I've been planning. ?Even if I don't do the switch this time, it would be good to have the info for future trips. TIA! :)

Darcy03231
12-29-2009, 04:18 PM
I checked into doing this (our flight arrived at 10:30 pm) and found it was only $30 more to stay at WDW. For the hassle of getting the luggage, finding the hotel shuttle, getting to the airport hotel, getting our stuff out that we would need, packing it up in the morning, getting ourselves and our luggage back on the shuttle to the airport to get ME I decided to stay the extra night at WDW.

Minniekins
12-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Thanks for your reply. :goodvibes I've decided we won't be switching our flights at all. I used to always go at night and check in late but these days trying to save more money. That's why I wasn't really looking at staying another night at POR because that would be Jan 1st which is a night at holiday rate which is $100 maybe more, more than the other nights. I'm already paying holiday rate for Sat, so didn't want to add another night at that super expensive(for us, anyway) rate. Otherwise, you're right, not too much more to just add a night there. Thanks again! :)