PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Palace Resort & Spa

LilGMom
12-28-2009, 10:34 AM
We have added on a night to the beginning of our upcoming trip and currently have a night booked at the Buena Vista Palace Resort & Spa. Would love to hear the good, bad and ugly.

TIA!

cosmo531
12-30-2009, 01:28 PM
We absolutely loved it. Its gorgeous inside, first class all the way. Clean comfy rooms, soft sheets, bathrobes. Beautiful grounds. We stayed there a few months ago just for an overnight and are going back in January for 3 nights. Cheaper and, I think, MUCH more comfortable and luxurious than an all star (we have no children so staying at a themed resort isn't that imporatant to us. I would liken the BV Palace on the level of a Disney Deluxe resort.

kaseycamille
12-30-2009, 02:58 PM
We absolutely loved it. Its gorgeous inside, first class all the way. Clean comfy rooms, soft sheets, bathrobes. Beautiful grounds. We stayed there a few months ago just for an overnight and are going back in January for 3 nights. Cheaper and, I think, MUCH more comfortable and luxurious than an all star (we have no children so staying at a themed resort isn't that imporatant to us. I would liken the BV Palace on the level of a Disney Deluxe resort.

I wholeheartedly agree!! Its my absolute favorite non-disney hotel. Very modern decor, beautiful grounds, great prices, comfortable beds, refrigerators in room, transportation to all the parks etc etc. We usually get it for $89 or $99*per night and I wouldn't hesitate to pay even more than that. Have fun!!!

BLTtinkerbell
12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Does anyone have pictures?

maznorm
01-02-2010, 02:01 PM
We absolutely loved this hotel. I would also liken it to Disney Deluxe. When we went our DS was just over a year old and our DD was 3 months. The staff were great with the kids. It was a really short walk to DTD as well, which was lovely and our room had a view of DTD. I believe you can get a view of Epcot as well. I have found some pics although I am sure I have more somewhere.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/mazandnorm/Florida%202007/103_1396.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/mazandnorm/Florida%202007/103_1397.jpg

Pats Dragon
01-03-2010, 03:15 PM
how was the transportation to the parks?

maznorm
01-03-2010, 04:38 PM
To be honest we didn't use it but I heard comments in the elevators that it was good and the buses always seemed to be there.

hippiemama76
01-07-2010, 10:01 AM
We just got a really good deal on Priceline for the Buena Vista Palace, so we are going next weekend. What's the dining situation like? I have heard there is a buffet for breakfast - did anyone take advantage of it?

(Hi to Cosmo - I'm from Gainesville!)

LilGMom
01-07-2010, 11:47 AM
We just got a really good deal on Priceline for the Buena Vista Palace, so we are going next weekend. What's the dining situation like? I have heard there is a buffet for breakfast - did anyone take advantage of it?

(Hi to Cosmo - I'm from Gainesville!)

Did you use the "Name Your Price" option on Priceline? If you did which star level did you pick for BVP? TIA