PDA

View Full Version : Iíve been waiting 4 1/2 years to go to Disney..a May 2-9 2010 PTR...TR started!

Pages : [1] 2

kcandbella
12-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Iíve been waiting 4 and a half years to go to DisneyÖa PTR actually TEN years in the making!

Hi and welcome to my first PTR ever! My name is Kayce, and I am a single mom to one precocious four year old princess named Isabella, though she prefers and is known to everyone as Bella. I have been reading a lot of TRs and PTRs and finally have the time to get started on my very own!

Some background:

When I was growing up, my family went to Disney quite a few times. I went on trips when I was 3, 5, 8, 11, and 13. My parents had an RCI timeshare, so we always stayed off site, but I didnít know any better so that was OK with me. At that point, the trips inexplicably stopped. Iím the youngest, so I guess it was because everyone was growing up, though as we all know that is no excuse to not go to Disney! When I was 19, a bunch of friends and I were staying in Siesta Key, which is about 2.5 hours from Orlando. We made the day trip and went to the Magic Kingdom only. So I have not even stepped foot on Disney property in ten years!

So that helps to explain my title. As we have been planning this trip, since about late September, we have done a lot of talking about it. At one point in time, I told Bella, ďI havenít been to Disney in ten years, and Iíve been waiting the whole time to go back.Ē She has never been, so she looked at me with one hand on her hip and said, ďWell I have been waiting four and a half years to go to Disney, and that is a LONG ENOUGH time!Ē I canít say I disagree!

We are finally getting to take our long awaited trip from May 2nd-9th, 2010, and let me tell you, we have been counting down the days. Joining us on this trip will be my mom, dad, sister, and three nephews, ages 18, 10, and 8. I hope you will join in the fun as we get ready to hit the World!!!

Up next: How this trip came to be and the cast!

leamom2princesses
12-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Yay! You started a PTR!!!! I'm in! :thumbsup2

kcandbella
12-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Yay! You started a PTR!!!! I'm in! :thumbsup2

Thanks for coming over!

kcandbella
12-28-2009, 09:43 AM
How This Trip Came to Be

As I said before, when I was 13 our Disney trips mysteriously ended. My parents still to this day own their RCI timeshare at Orbit One in Kissimmee, but we havenít used it since then. They also own one in the Lake of the Ozarks, MO, and they usually either deposit the Orlando one to get extra rooms at the lake, deposit it and take a trip with their friends elsewhere, or let family/friends buy the week from them to go to Disney.

I have five nephews, two nieces, and then Bella, so they have 8 grandkids total. All have been to Disney except the youngest three: Bella, age 4, Jaeden, age 8, and Noah, age 10. A lot of my momís friends have been taking their grandkids to Disney, and my mom heard somewhere that RCI has some members who own DVC units and sometimes you can get one if they are deposited. She decided she was going to try and get one to take those three to Disney. Well, once she started talking about it we started planning. They are paying for the youngest three since they have never been, but the invitation was open to all. I couldnít let Bella go for the first time without me, so I am paying my way. The boysí parents (my sister and her husband) have ZERO interest in Disney so they decided to skip it. Crazy! My other sister, Kellie, hasnít been since her 18 year old son, Gage, was 6, and they decided they are going to go too, which makes 8 of us.

Since we were looking into RCI DVC units, we all got our hearts set on staying on property. We have since learned how rare it is for one of those units to be deposited. So we started looking at options. We thought about a value, but for 5 adults and 3 kids, that is not very much space. We finally decided on POR since they have the pull out beds in case anyone else decides to go. Plus it looks beautiful and relaxing, which my parents will like more than the ďloud-Ē ness of the values. If some divine intervention takes place and we miraculously get an RCI week at a DVC villa, we will of course take that, but we are definitely excited to check out Riverside.

kcandbella
12-28-2009, 12:23 PM
The Cast: me, Bella, nephews Jaeden (JJ, 8), Noah (10), and Gage (18), sister Kellie, mom, and dad. Here are some pics:

Me and Bella

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_0693.jpg

Bella and I at Six Flags

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/076.jpg

Bella
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/013.jpg

Bella and Gage
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/021.jpg

Bella and JJ
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/038.jpg

Noah
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_0743.jpg

Will find pics of the others and post later!

kcandbella
12-28-2009, 07:27 PM
ADRs

Sun. May 2-Arrival day at 11:30 am, Chef Mickey's at 6:30 (then to MK for pm EMH)

Mon May 3-Teppan Edo at 6:30pm

Tues 4th-12:25pm Sci Fi Drive In

Weds 5th-F! dinner package, 4pm Mama Melrose

Thurs 6th-Le Cellier 7 pm, then watch Illuminations

Fri 7th-10 am CRT

Sat 8th-6:10 pm Crystal Palace

Sun 9th-9 am at Ohana before departure.

Any tips or suggestions???

beyondblessed
12-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Kayce - You did it!!! I'm so excited about your PTR and upcoming trip. I'm definitely subbing. Bella is adorable!

What part of IL are you from? I'm in centrail IL. Gotta love this beautiful weather right now - hahaha!

BippityBoo
12-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Yay!! A PTR!! I love the title and the explanation. SO cute of your DD! I am really excited about your trip, especially b/c my DD's 7th bday is on the day that you get started, May 2nd! We want to take her to WDW for her bday soon, so I am dying to see how your trip is :yay: And even more, your ADRs include most of the restaurants we would like to check out! Woohoo! Cant wait to read more. Oh, and your pics are adorable. You two are so cute! My DH does not feel comfortable with me posting pics to an open forum like this, so sorry that you do not get to see pics of us! I can guarantee we are adorable :lmao:

kcandbella
12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Kayce - You did it!!! I'm so excited about your PTR and upcoming trip. I'm definitely subbing. Bella is adorable!

What part of IL are you from? I'm in centrail IL. Gotta love this beautiful weather right now - hahaha!

Thanks! I am from southwestern IL, not far from St. Louis. We will fly in and out of Lambert. I'm super excited too (of course!) :goodvibes

kcandbella
12-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Yay!! A PTR!! I love the title and the explanation. SO cute of your DD! I am really excited about your trip, especially b/c my DD's 7th bday is on the day that you get started, May 2nd! We want to take her to WDW for her bday soon, so I am dying to see how your trip is :yay: And even more, your ADRs include most of the restaurants we would like to check out! Woohoo! Cant wait to read more. Oh, and your pics are adorable. You two are so cute! My DH does not feel comfortable with me posting pics to an open forum like this, so sorry that you do not get to see pics of us! I can guarantee we are adorable :lmao:

Katie, Thanks for the compliments on the pics. I have heard really good things about early May. The weather is supposed to be hot but not sweltering yet, and the crowds are pretty manageable from what I've read. I will definitely let you know all the details though! I tried to pick restaurants that the boys would enjoy as well as Bella, which led me to Teppan Edo and Sci Fi. The CRT is mainly for her, of course, and the CP and CM hopefully they will all enjoy. We will see though!

I am sure you are all adorable!!! :thumbsup2

kcandbella
12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
They had plain tee shirts on sale today at Wal-Mart for 2.00 a piece, so I bought three white ones to try to make iron on shirts for the kids. I am just going to do a black Mickey head with their name under it in red, then put a red bow on Bella's Mickey head...I am super excited to try it out. I will post pics when they are done!

BippityBoo
12-29-2009, 09:37 PM
They had plain tee shirts on sale today at Wal-Mart for 2.00 a piece, so I bought three white ones to try to make iron on shirts for the kids. I am just going to do a black Mickey head with their name under it in red, then put a red bow on Bella's Mickey head...I am super excited to try it out. I will post pics when they are done!

I am doing that too! Except I bought my tshirts at Walmart 2 days ago for $5 a piece :sad2: haha

My iron ons will be in tomorrow. I ordered them through Etsy. My daughter still fits in her customs from last year, but my son is FAR from the 12 month size he was. So, I am doing some iron ons that match with our old customs. I will send you pics when I am done, too :lovestruc

kcandbella
12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
I am doing that too! Except I bought my tshirts at Walmart 2 days ago for $5 a piece :sad2: haha

My iron ons will be in tomorrow. I ordered them through Etsy. My daughter still fits in her customs from last year, but my son is FAR from the 12 month size he was. So, I am doing some iron ons that match with our old customs. I will send you pics when I am done, too :lovestruc

Can't wait to see the pics! I am just printing ours onto transfer paper and seeing how that goes. If it doesnt look good, I will order some!

kcandbella
12-30-2009, 12:19 PM
This is my first attempt, but I thought it went pretty well! It's long, but if she doesn't grow enough I can hem it. I'm going to get a Minnie applique for it, too! I'm just excited because now that I know what to do, the possibilities are endless! :banana:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1396.jpg

Ignore the deer in the headlights look and the Hello Kitty socks! :rotfl:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1393.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1394.jpg

leamom2princesses
12-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Your pillowcase dress turned out really cute Kayce. Great job! :thumbsup2 I made some dresses for my girls last year but ended up buying too many other outfits and left them at home. It's so fun to shop for girls. :rotfl:

Love all the pics. It's fun to put a face to a name. Bella is an absolute doll Kayce. :cutie: Mom's gorgeous too. :goodvibes

BippityBoo
12-31-2009, 09:31 AM
The dress is SO cute!!! GREAT job!! If your print out ones dont work, go to etsy.com and type in Mickey Iron On in the search. The woman sells them for $3.50 (including a single letter monogram in Disney font if you want). She has zebra, plain, polka dot...she will pretty much work with you. I should get mine in the mail today...I will let you know how they look. I am kind of nervous! haha

Charlefours
12-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Hello! :wave:

I found your PTR and have subbed. Your daughter is adorable!! My DD's first trip will be September, for her 4th birthday! I am looking forward to following along and reading the TR eventually. :cool1:

ADRs: Look pretty good. You know CRT takes 2 credits if you are the DDP? Are you on one of the dining plans? You have chosen some different ones so I am looking forward to seeing what you think of them. :) :goodvibes

Shirts: Sound really cute!! I have been mulling them over too. I would love to see pictures of what you do. :upsidedow

Looking forward to reading more popcorn::

Charlefours
12-31-2009, 02:01 PM
This is my first attempt, but I thought it went pretty well! It's long, but if she doesn't grow enough I can hem it. I'm going to get a Minnie applique for it, too! I'm just excited because now that I know what to do, the possibilities are endless! :banana:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1396.jpg

Ignore the deer in the headlights look and the Hello Kitty socks! :rotfl:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1393.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1394.jpg

So cute! I have grand schemes of making some myself. We will see if it ever happens :rotfl:.

kcandbella
12-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Your pillowcase dress turned out really cute Kayce. Great job! :thumbsup2 I made some dresses for my girls last year but ended up buying too many other outfits and left them at home. It's so fun to shop for girls. :rotfl:

Love all the pics. It's fun to put a face to a name. Bella is an absolute doll Kayce. :cutie: Mom's gorgeous too. :goodvibes

Thank you! Yes it is a lot of fun to shop for girls...too much fun! My paycheck does NOT appreciate it! :lmao: There are just SOOO many cute things out there...which is why I thought I'd maybe save money making some myself. But by the time I bought all the supplies, it probably just would have been cheaper to buy the clothes. I can't win! :rotfl:

Thanks for the compliments on the pics as well. Of course I think she's a doll, but I'm a bit biased. :goodvibes

The dress is SO cute!!! GREAT job!! If your print out ones dont work, go to etsy.com and type in Mickey Iron On in the search. The woman sells them for $3.50 (including a single letter monogram in Disney font if you want). She has zebra, plain, polka dot...she will pretty much work with you. I should get mine in the mail today...I will let you know how they look. I am kind of nervous! haha

Thanks Katie! I can't wait to see your iron ons. I found them on etsy and I probably will end up buying a few. They also have some princess iron ons available at Michael's or Joanne's, so I may have to pick up a few of them, too. I can't wait to see how yours turn out!

Hello! :wave:

I found your PTR and have subbed. Your daughter is adorable!! My DD's first trip will be September, for her 4th birthday! I am looking forward to following along and reading the TR eventually. :cool1:

ADRs: Look pretty good. You know CRT takes 2 credits if you are the DDP? Are you on one of the dining plans? You have chosen some different ones so I am looking forward to seeing what you think of them. :) :goodvibes

Shirts: Sound really cute!! I have been mulling them over too. I would love to see pictures of what you do. :upsidedow

Looking forward to reading more popcorn::

So cute! I have grand schemes of making some myself. We will see if it ever happens :rotfl:.

Thanks! I'm glad you made it over. I will have to check out your PTR as well! We are on the regular DDP, so will have to pay OOP or use the gc from the promotion for two of our meals. I am thinking the cheapest will be Sci Fi and Ohana bfast. I will have to figure it out though. If it isn't a buffet or family style meal, Bella and Jaeden can probably share a meal, all the pics Ive seen have looked like a lot of food. Bella has her heart set on CRT, so we are going to go ahead and use the two credits. :goodvibes

The pillowcase dress was fairly easy, if you decide you want to attempt it PM me and I'll send you a link to the tutorial I used! :goodvibes

kcandbella
12-31-2009, 04:37 PM
Hope everyone has a very Happy New Year!!!

leamom2princesses
12-31-2009, 04:55 PM
:jumping1:

Happy New Year Kayce!

disney<333
12-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Oh yay! You started a PTR! Bella is so cute. I love the dress. Your ADRs sound great. I have eaten at most of them and I would recommend them all. We ate at Sci-Fi this trip for dinner.
Happy New Year!

LoveMyTwoPrincesses
01-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Kayce, you and Bella are too cute! For a first attempt I think you made an awesome dress. I will have to live vicariously through your upcoming trip since we don't have a trip planned at this time!

Heidi

kcandbella
01-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Oh yay! You started a PTR! Bella is so cute. I love the dress. Your ADRs sound great. I have eaten at most of them and I would recommend them all. We ate at Sci-Fi this trip for dinner.
Happy New Year!

Thanks for coming over!! I'm glad to hear good recommendations for our ADR picks. Some of them were not my first choice but I had to think of places 8 people could all enjoy! :goodvibes

Kayce, you and Bella are too cute! For a first attempt I think you made an awesome dress. I will have to live vicariously through your upcoming trip since we don't have a trip planned at this time!

Heidi

Welcome, Heidi! I have been living vicariously through your TR for a while now, so you can do the same until you have your next trip on the horizon! I will be in the same boat when we get back...no idea when our next trip will be. Probably not for a while unfortunately. :sad1: At least we have the DIS for our Disney fix!!! :rotfl:

kcandbella
01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I always enjoy reading about others during PTRs/TRs and realized I have posted pics, but not really told anyone about us. So here is a little about Bella and I since we are the "main" characters of this PTR.

Me-Kayce: Iím a 29 year old kindergarten teacher, a single mom to Bella, a computer addict (especially the disboards and facebook, pm me if you want to be FB friends), a bargain shopper (I love couponing), and an obsessive Disney planner. I love warm weather and sunshine, especially hanging out poolside or at the lake. I am also in a modern dance company and itís so much fun!

Bella, 4: This Disney trip will be just before Bellaís fifth birthday (June 6). I think sheís more excited than me, if thatís possible. Bella is a fairly typical four year old girl, and being the youngest of 8 grandkids she is a bit spoiled. She comes up with the craziest things and never forgets anything. Her preschool teacher told me, ďI get the biggest kick out of Bella, but you are in trouble during her teenage years,Ē and I couldnít agree more. She loves taking gymnastics and dance, this is her second year in both. Her favorite characters are all the princesses (especially Cinderella), the fairies, Minnie, and Daisy. She is adventurous and plans on riding everything she is tall enough for except Tower of Terror. At her dr. appointment last week, she was 39.5 inches (sheís a small 4 year old!) so she needs to grow at least a half inch before May! She really wants to ride Splash, Soarin, Test Track, and Big Thunder!!! I'm not all that worried, I would hope she would grow a half inch in 4 months...:rolleyes1

So that's us!! Tomorrow will be exactly FOUR MONTHS until we leave!!! :dance3:

kcandbella
01-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Last night I went to see the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra perform "The Magical Music of Disney." It was sooooo good! They had clips (some still pictures, some moving) projecting during all of the songs they played. The opening was my favorite. They played the Disney music you hear when a Disney movie starts and showed Cinderella castle with fireworks on the projector, then played Disney classics like "It's a Small World," "Zip A Dee Do Dah," some Mary Poppins stuff, and "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo." I swear I got goosebumps about 50 times!!!

Then they different sections where they picked a certain movie and played a lot of the music from it. The sections were:
1. Tarzan
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. The Little Mermaid
4. Hercules
5. The Rescuers Down Under
6. Aladdin
7. Mulan
8. Hunchback of Notre Dame
9. The Lion King
and during the "curtain call" played something from the Incredibles.

They really did a great job. Hearing the music played live from an orchestra makes it even more magical!!!

On another note, I am at LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS!!!!
:dance3::cheer2::cool1::banana::yay:

leamom2princesses
01-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Yay for being under 4 months Kayce!!!!! Love the introductions too. Bella's birthday is the day before mine. :goodvibes Talk about small girls, Josie measured 38.5 at the doctor's office. I've measured her three times and I only get 37.5. I need some big soled shoes for her. :lmao: I keep joking that I'm looking for some of the Sketcher Shape Up's in a toddler size 8.

The Orchestra sounds amazing. I would have loved it too. I love Disney music. To me, half the fun of calling to make reservations is being on hold and listening to the music.

Charlefours
01-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Your trip is going to be here before you know it!! Here's hoping Bella hits the elusive 40 inch mark! I am hoping my DD hits it too. :goodvibes

Symphony night: sounds lovely and totally something I would enjoy!! :goodvibes Have you ever listened to the Boston Pops Orchestra cds? They have some with Disney themes. They are great!

kcandbella
01-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Yay for being under 4 months Kayce!!!!! Love the introductions too. Bella's birthday is the day before mine. :goodvibes Talk about small girls, Josie measured 38.5 at the doctor's office. I've measured her three times and I only get 37.5. I need some big soled shoes for her. :lmao: I keep joking that I'm looking for some of the Sketcher Shape Up's in a toddler size 8.

The Orchestra sounds amazing. I would have loved it too. I love Disney music. To me, half the fun of calling to make reservations is being on hold and listening to the music.

Big soled shoes and a high ponytail with a big bow!!! :lmao: Just kidding of course, besides I have heard they make them take their shoes off if they are close so they may be onto us...:rotfl2:

Your trip is going to be here before you know it!! Here's hoping Bella hits the elusive 40 inch mark! I am hoping my DD hits it too. :goodvibes

Symphony night: sounds lovely and totally something I would enjoy!! :goodvibes Have you ever listened to the Boston Pops Orchestra cds? They have some with Disney themes. They are great!

I have not listened to the Boston Pops Orchestra, but I definitely need to check it out! It sounds great. Thanks for letting me know about it! :goodvibes

kcandbella
01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
It snowed last night and we ended up with about five inches. It's pretty much for us! The biggest problem is it is negative 3 windchill, so we can't stay out too long, but we did go out for a while! Here are some pics:

View from my back window
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1090.jpg

Ready to go out
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1092.jpg

Brrrr
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1094.jpg

Snow Angel
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1095.jpg

Street view
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1098.jpg

Having fun!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1100.jpg

leamom2princesses
01-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Awww, she looks too cute playing in the snow. You got a pretty good covering. I wish we had gotten snow like that. Im sooooo jealous. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your pics Kayce! :)

Charlefours
01-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Cute pictures!! I hope to take Lilian out to play here after lunch. Do you mind me asking what part of IL are you? We lived up in northern IL before we moved to Michigan. :goodvibes

SoonerGirl
01-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Hi Kayce! I followed you over from my TR. Since we will be at WDW at the same time I wanted to check out your PTR. Your daughter is absolutely adorable! Sometimes I wish I had had more children and tried for a little girl, but then I think about all the money I would spend buying cute girl stuff and I figure it's best that I don't have one! :laughing:

Your ADRs look good, I think Chef Mickey's is a great way to kick off the trip. :thumbsup2 We ate at Teppan Edo, Sci-Fi & Le Cellier during our December trip - all good choices. At Sci-Fi we tend to stick with burger & fries though, some of the other things we've gotten there in the past haven't been all that great. You mentioned that Sci-Fi could be one of your OOP meals, I think that's a good one to pick. Don & I split a burger & fries there and it was plenty for us for lunch, it was an OOP meal for us too, so that helped make it a bit cheaper.

kschafer
01-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi Kayce. I followed you over from SoonerGirl's TR to say hi since I will also be there may 1-9. Good start! Can't wait for more plans

AlohaPolynesian
01-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Hey there! I followed you here from your comment on my thread. Bella is so pretty! I love the dress you made her and can't wait to see more of your plans! PS I loved Mama Melrose when I ate there a couple of years ago...I tried to fit it into our plans on my December trip but it just never worked out. You will enjoy it!

kcandbella
01-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Awww, she looks too cute playing in the snow. You got a pretty good covering. I wish we had gotten snow like that. Im sooooo jealous. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your pics Kayce! :)

Thanks Leanne! Its been fun. It'll probably be around awhile, since it has been below freezing here lately!

Cute pictures!! I hope to take Lilian out to play here after lunch. Do you mind me asking what part of IL are you? We lived up in northern IL before we moved to Michigan. :goodvibes

I live in southern IL in the St. Louis metro area. It's about five hours south of Chicago. Hope you had fun in the snow!

Hi Kayce! I followed you over from my TR. Since we will be at WDW at the same time I wanted to check out your PTR. Your daughter is absolutely adorable! Sometimes I wish I had had more children and tried for a little girl, but then I think about all the money I would spend buying cute girl stuff and I figure it's best that I don't have one! :laughing:

Your ADRs look good, I think Chef Mickey's is a great way to kick off the trip. :thumbsup2 We ate at Teppan Edo, Sci-Fi & Le Cellier during our December trip - all good choices. At Sci-Fi we tend to stick with burger & fries though, some of the other things we've gotten there in the past haven't been all that great. You mentioned that Sci-Fi could be one of your OOP meals, I think that's a good one to pick. Don & I split a burger & fries there and it was plenty for us for lunch, it was an OOP meal for us too, so that helped make it a bit cheaper.

Yes girls are fun to buy for! They do cost a lot of money, though, and I'm already scared of the teenage years. So you lucked out in that department! :lmao:

Thanks for the info on the restaurants. I figured Sci Fi would be one of the cheaper options. We probably will get burgers and fries with maybe some chicken fingers thrown in for the kiddos. I picked it more for the atmosphere, it looks like something the boys will enjoy. :goodvibes

Hi Kayce. I followed you over from SoonerGirl's TR to say hi since I will also be there may 1-9. Good start! Can't wait for more plans

Yay another early May DIS-er! I am off to check out your PTR! :goodvibes

Hey there! I followed you here from your comment on my thread. Bella is so pretty! I love the dress you made her and can't wait to see more of your plans! PS I loved Mama Melrose when I ate there a couple of years ago...I tried to fit it into our plans on my December trip but it just never worked out. You will enjoy it!

Thanks! Planning has been so much fun. I knew I wanted to do the F! dinner package, and MMs seemed like the best choice for us. Can you believe I've never seen Fantasmic??? I have only been to DHS when it was MGM once and it was before the ToT even opened!
:scared1: There wasn't much to do then--I'm so excited to check it out now!

kcandbella
01-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Here is a preliminary touring plan. Of course in the afternoons if need be, anyone can go back to the hotel and relax/swim. I am thinking my parents, sister, and Bella may not make it through whole days every day. The boys and I will be ready to go. That's what is great about staying on site, though, if they want to go back they can and we can keeping having fun until they get back!!! My parents will take Bella if need be. :rotfl:

So here is my (flexible) plan (suggestions welcome!):

Sunday May 2nd-arrival at 11:30
check in (hopefully have our rooms ready-we asked for close but not necessarily connecting)
relax, shower
Chef Mickey's ADR at 6:30
MK EMH (for those who are not too tired!) Its open until 2am, not sure we will make it that late

Mon May 3-Sleep in! Maybe head back to MK in the late morning
Then on to Epcot
Teppan Edo at 6:30pm

Tues 4th-Rope Drop at DHS
12:25pm Sci Fi Drive In
DTD-dinner at EOS

Weds 5th-Epcot Rope Drop until early afternoon, maybe a margarita in Mexico for Cinco de Mayo! :drinking1
then to DHS
F! dinner package, 4pm Mama Melrose

Thurs 6th-AK rope drop
Back to Epcot
Le Cellier 7 pm, then watch Illuminations

Fri 7th-10 am CRT
MK all day!!!

Sat 8th-Open for anything we missed or want to do again
6:10 pm Crystal Palace

Sun 9th-9 am breakfast at Ohana before departure.

Charlefours
01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I like your itinerary! Looks good. :) I like that you are taking advantage of your PH!! :goodvibes Were you able to get all the ADRs you wanted? I am looking forward to what you think about Mama Melrose's. I am considering it.

kschafer
01-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Kayce, it looks like we will be in the same park several days in May. MK on the night of the 2nd and afternoon of the 3rd as well as Epcot on the 5th!

I also wondered where in Illinois you are. My brother and his family are in Carbondale.

leamom2princesses
01-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Your plan looks great Kayce! I love the idea of a margarita on Cinco de Mayo. :goodvibes

SoonerGirl
01-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Your plans look good! That will be nice to have grandparents along to take your DD back to the resort for a rest so you can keep playing :thumbsup2

Our plans are the same on a couple of days as well. We'll be @ Epcot the morning of the 5th and @ MK the morning of the 7th.

smithpack
01-12-2010, 06:13 PM
I love your PTR. Your restaurant's look great. I went to several of them on our trip and will mention them in my TR. I didn't do CRT because it was 2 TS credits. We did do Akershus, which is the princess restaurant in Epcot, and we loved it!! We saw all the main princesses, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, and Snow White. Akershus is 1 TS credit, and they also give you a free 8x10 and a couple of 5x7's. My DD loved it! I want to try CRT, but I thought I would wait until my DD is a little older since she is only 2 now. I think Bella is the perfect age for it, and I bet she will love it. I can't wait to hear about your trip. I am seriously sooooooooooooo excited for you!! There is nothing better than experiencing WDW through your child's eyes.:yay:

kcandbella
01-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I like your itinerary! Looks good. :) I like that you are taking advantage of your PH!! :goodvibes Were you able to get all the ADRs you wanted? I am looking forward to what you think about Mama Melrose's. I am considering it.

Yes, I will let you know how it is. It seemed to me like the best option for the F! package.

Kayce, it looks like we will be in the same park several days in May. MK on the night of the 2nd and afternoon of the 3rd as well as Epcot on the 5th!

I also wondered where in Illinois you are. My brother and his family are in Carbondale.

Carbondale is about two hours from here. We are right outside St. Louis, just on the IL side. We might run into each other! How cool would that be?!?!

Your plan looks great Kayce! I love the idea of a margarita on Cinco de Mayo. :goodvibes

Yeah I would normally have them at a Mexican restaurant here, but I figured Mexico in Epcot would be even better! :rotfl:

Your plans look good! That will be nice to have grandparents along to take your DD back to the resort for a rest so you can keep playing :thumbsup2

Our plans are the same on a couple of days as well. We'll be @ Epcot the morning of the 5th and @ MK the morning of the 7th.

Yes, luckily my parents will tire easily too! :lmao: I don't want to miss any park time! Maybe we will run into each other!

I love your PTR. Your restaurant's look great. I went to several of them on our trip and will mention them in my TR. I didn't do CRT because it was 2 TS credits. We did do Akershus, which is the princess restaurant in Epcot, and we loved it!! We saw all the main princesses, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, and Snow White. Akershus is 1 TS credit, and they also give you a free 8x10 and a couple of 5x7's. My DD loved it! I want to try CRT, but I thought I would wait until my DD is a little older since she is only 2 now. I think Bella is the perfect age for it, and I bet she will love it. I can't wait to hear about your trip. I am seriously sooooooooooooo excited for you!! There is nothing better than experiencing WDW through your child's eyes.:yay:

Thank you! It was hard to decide between CRT and Akershus since I have heard such great things about Akershus. My DD really has her heart set on the castle, though, and with everyone else going along I thought one princess meal would probably be enough. Now you have a reason to go back when your DD is older! (Like you needed one lol). I can't wait until May!

kcandbella
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Well, our vacation plans may be changing a bit. I have been stalking Southwest airline flights, and they keep going up and down. My dad wanted to go Sunday to Sunday since he works at a golf course on Saturday mornings and that way he would only miss one. But it looks like Saturday flights are about 20.00 cheaper per person, per way. So that's 40.00 a person times 8...it's a pretty big chunk of money. So we may ending up changing our ressies for Sat-Sat, May 1-8.

I have checked availability for Chef Mickey's on Saturday and we could switch that to that day, and then possibly do Crystal Palace Sunday either morning or evening. Then I could move our Ohana bfast to the following Saturday, and it really wouldn't affect our plans too much. Actually, it would be one day sooner than I get to leave!!! I'm waiting for my dad to make the final decision, but it really doesn't seem to matter one way or the other...just may have to make some minor ADR and touring changes. I think I could get my ressies switched fairly easily...anyone have any experience with that?

Charlefours
01-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Ohh date changes. From all accounts I have read, they (being Disney) are very willing to work with you and change things around as long as you are outside the 45 day window mark.

I do not blame you for looking at switching--the savings adds up! I was pricing out airfare for us and it amazed me on the differences of flying out Friday night. I still think we are going to drive though because the cost of the airfare, possible rental car and we would still need a hotel stay on Friday night--most likely off site because it would completely surpass the budget for traveling if we flew and added a date on at Disney. :confused3 Ugh the decisions and fuzzy Disney math!

Cory's Gal
01-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Hi Kayce!! Jumping in from my PTR!!! Now I have to go back and read from the beginning!! :goodvibes

kcandbella
01-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Ohh date changes. From all accounts I have read, they (being Disney) are very willing to work with you and change things around as long as you are outside the 45 day window mark.

I do not blame you for looking at switching--the savings adds up! I was pricing out airfare for us and it amazed me on the differences of flying out Friday night. I still think we are going to drive though because the cost of the airfare, possible rental car and we would still need a hotel stay on Friday night--most likely off site because it would completely surpass the budget for traveling if we flew and added a date on at Disney. :confused3 Ugh the decisions and fuzzy Disney math!

It will not be much more for us to fly. We are flying out eeeearrrrllllyyy Sunday morning and coming back late the following Sunday evening, so no extra hotel needed. It just works out so much easier with all the people going with us, since we are all traveling together.

Hi Kayce!! Jumping in from my PTR!!! Now I have to go back and read from the beginning!! :goodvibes

Hi and :welcome: Thanks for joining in!

kcandbella
01-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Well, we decided to keep our dates the same. The flight prices changed again and it brought the Sunday ones to 85, and the Saturday ones were raised. So it was just as easy to book flights for Sunday. We only have booked flights there so far, still waiting for the ones home to drop. Either that or we won't come home at all!!! :rotfl2:
But the happy news is that:
TODAY IS OUR 100 DAY MARK!
TOMORROW WILL BE DOUBLE DIGITS!
:cool1::woohoo::dance3::dance3::cheer2::banana:par ty::jumping1:

Charlefours
01-22-2010, 06:00 PM
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Whoo!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: I am so excited for you!!!! It is going to FLY by so quickly.

BippityBoo
01-22-2010, 06:38 PM
:cheer2: YAY FOR 100 DAYS :cheer2:

You are SO close to your dream trip!! I am so happy for you :hug:

Cory's Gal
01-23-2010, 05:18 PM
DOUBLE DIGITS DANCE!!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::woohoo::w oohoo::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2:

smithpack
01-25-2010, 08:59 AM
It will be here before you know it!!! Yay!!!! I seriously can not wait to hear about your trip. Double Digits!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:
:banana::banana::banana:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:dance3::dance3::dance3:
:yay::yay::yay:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
:ccat::donald::dumbo::sulley::tigger::mickeyjum

jennyf2
01-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Great TR so far! We are just starting to plan our next trip & I'm debating on doing a TR :) I LOVE facebook/computer & great deals--love to see another couponer!!! :)

Can't wait to read more of your plans :)

leamom2princesses
01-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi Kayce! How exciting that you are in double digits....We should be hitting that milestone very soon as well! Here are some dancing banana guys to celebrate!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

The4bits
01-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Love your PTR. Love reading about yours and Bella's trip. Can't wait to read more.:goodvibes

beyondblessed
01-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi Kayce - I just wanted to stop by and check in on your planning progress. Yeah for double digits - time will fly by now! You're so close!!! :lovestruc

kcandbella
01-31-2010, 08:05 PM
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Whoo!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: I am so excited for you!!!! It is going to FLY by so quickly.

:cheer2: YAY FOR 100 DAYS :cheer2:

You are SO close to your dream trip!! I am so happy for you :hug:

DOUBLE DIGITS DANCE!!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::woohoo::w oohoo::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks for celebrating with me everyone!

kcandbella
01-31-2010, 08:06 PM
It will be here before you know it!!! Yay!!!! I seriously can not wait to hear about your trip. Double Digits!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:
:banana::banana::banana:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:dance3::dance3::dance3:
:yay::yay::yay:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
:ccat::donald::dumbo::sulley::tigger::mickeyjum

Love it! Thanks!

kcandbella
01-31-2010, 08:07 PM
Great TR so far! We are just starting to plan our next trip & I'm debating on doing a TR :) I LOVE facebook/computer & great deals--love to see another couponer!!! :)

Can't wait to read more of your plans :)

You should do a TR! I love reading them! Welcome!

Hi Kayce! How exciting that you are in double digits....We should be hitting that milestone very soon as well! Here are some dancing banana guys to celebrate!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thanks Leanne! :goodvibes
Love your PTR. Love reading about yours and Bella's trip. Can't wait to read more.:goodvibes

Glad you are joining in! It's nice to have someone so close to where I am. I can't wait to hear your planning details too!

Hi Kayce - I just wanted to stop by and check in on your planning progress. Yeah for double digits - time will fly by now! You're so close!!! :lovestruc

Thanks Nikky! I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I saw some of Caya's cheer pics on FB and have been meaning to tell you that I think they are absolutely adorable!

kcandbella
01-31-2010, 08:12 PM
I haven't been updating a lot lately, but it's been pretty busy around here! I started this PTR while on Christmas break, and just don't have as much time now that school is back in session full time. Also, there really have not been too many new developments since my last update. We decided to keep our original dates because the flight prices on that Saturday went back up before we could commit. So we have our flights there booked, but are waiting for the ones home to drop. If they don't, Air Tran has a flight we can book that is only 85.00. We would be flying separate airlines there and back, but I don't see that as too much of a problem. Our flight to Orlando leaves on the 2nd at 7:15 a.m., so we will have almost the entire day at Disney! :cool1: I have been working on getting shirts made and looking at customs, so hopefully I will get some pics of those things posted soon! I also am going to update soon with our must-do's at each park. Thanks to those of you who are still here and planning with me! It makes it even more fun!!! :love:

Charlefours
02-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Hopefully airfare will drop for you!! :wizard: wishes for it your way!! It is fun planning the clothes--I hope you find some goodies!! Looking forward to seeing them when you get a chance to post.

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

3 months to go!!!

Nichellebelle
02-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Hi Kayce! You and your daughter are just the cutest things ever! I love the pillowcase dress. I think I might try to make one for my niece. We are flying Airtran, they have super prices!

kcandbella
02-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I was at Target the other day, and I found some good travel bargains! I have a big suitcase, but don't have smaller carry-on bags. I usually will borrow from my parents or sisters, but they are all going so this time I can't!

My favorite deal: this is an Eddie Bauer standard carry-on size expandable rolling wheels suitcase. It was regularly priced at 79.99, but was 75% off!!! So I got it for 20.00!!! :woohoo:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1118.jpg

Here is the inside, it came with a removeable toiletry organizer that you can hang up. It is nice and roomy:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1122.jpg

I found these luggage tags, also 75% off, for 1.74:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1113.jpg

A nice Jansport backpack for 6.24, regular price 24.99:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1119.jpg

And a small pack that we can put essentials in to keep in the stroller, for 3.74: (this will not be my official park bag, mine will be much cuter lol)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1120.jpg

Inside pockets for photopass cards, fastpasses and such:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1121.jpg

I also made Bella's first shirt and Noah's as well. I messed up on Jaeden's so I will have to redo it. I was pretty happy with the way these turned out:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1115.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1114.jpg

We are officially under three months now and hopefully time will continue to go fast!!!

kangaand2roos
02-07-2010, 01:55 PM
OK, I'm caught up! Bella is adorable. I have a nice 5yo boy I can introduce her to! He's awfully cute and already a Disney veteran!

BippityBoo
02-07-2010, 01:55 PM
WOW! Amazing deals!!!

Also, your shirts are adorable!!!!! Do you have a machine to monogram?? Cant wait to see more!!

kcandbella
02-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Hi Kayce! You and your daughter are just the cutest things ever! I love the pillowcase dress. I think I might try to make one for my niece. We are flying Airtran, they have super prices!

Thanks for coming by!! We have flights booked there on Southwest, but may fly Air Tran home! :goodvibes

OK, I'm caught up! Bella is adorable. I have a nice 5yo boy I can introduce her to! He's awfully cute and already a Disney veteran!

Welcome to my PTR! Your DS is adorable...maybe he can show her around! :rotfl:

kcandbella
02-07-2010, 02:00 PM
WOW! Amazing deals!!!

Also, your shirts are adorable!!!!! Do you have a machine to monogram?? Cant wait to see more!!

Katie, those are iron ons! I downloaded a free Disney font, printed them, and cut them out of the transfer paper. The hardest part was positioning them to look even! It was all really easy and totally inexpensive. I am going to sew the bow onto Bella's, right now it is just sitting where it will go. I got the Mickey heads from the Creative DISigns boards. They are all really nice and helpful! :goodvibes

SoonerGirl
02-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Great score on the carry on and the bags!! And I love the shirts, especially Bella's with the cute little bow :goodvibes

kangaand2roos
02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Welcome to my PTR! Your DS is adorable...maybe he can show her around! :rotfl:

Both of my kids have fairly strong opinions about many WDW attractions. Bella can ask for a kids'-eye view of any attraction they've tried! I'll help them post the answers!

PrincessInOz
02-08-2010, 03:58 AM
Hi Kacee and Bella,
You are officially my first "Reply to Thread" on DIS! I just registered to DIS about an hour ago and posted my first PTR earlier.
I love your pics and reading about your plans.

DH, 9 year old DS and myself will be at POR from the 4 - 9th 2010. Maybe we'll see you there...
Counting down from 90 days myself....

kangaand2roos
02-08-2010, 05:20 AM
Hi Kacee and Bella,
You are officially my first "Reply to Thread" on DIS! I just registered to DIS about an hour ago and posted my first PTR earlier.

DH, 9 year old DS and myself will be at POR from the 4 - 9th 2010. Maybe we'll see you there...

I'll let Kacee welcome you to her thread, but I'll hop in and welcome you to the Dis! I'm there from May 1-9, so we can all have a :grouphug:!

I'm going to see if I can find your PTR!

kschafer
02-08-2010, 07:13 AM
I'll jump in to welcome PrincessinOz too and mention that a number of us May visitors are meeting at noon on May 5 for Cinco de Mayo margaritas at the Tequila Cave (Mexico Pavillion in Epcot)

Join us if you can! (You too Kanga!)

leamom2princesses
02-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Great bargains Kayce! You did a great job on the shirts as well. How fun! :goodvibes

Disneychix
02-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Hello! I will be in WDW for some of the same days as you and we will be celebrating my DHs b-day which is May 6th!

Great job on the outfit and t-shirts! Very cute!

kcandbella
02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Great score on the carry on and the bags!! And I love the shirts, especially Bella's with the cute little bow :goodvibes

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

Both of my kids have fairly strong opinions about many WDW attractions. Bella can ask for a kids'-eye view of any attraction they've tried! I'll help them post the answers!

She just may do that! I think at the 40 mark the only ones she won't ride are Dinosaur and ToT. Has he done either of those? She is really excited about Splash, Soarin, and Big Thunder!!!

Hi Kacee and Bella,

:welcome: To the Dis and my PTR!!! You will love it here...I'm sure you will be as addicted as the rest of us in no time! :lmao: I will have to check out your PTR!

I'll jump in to welcome PrincessinOz too and mention that a number of us May visitors are meeting at noon on May 5 for Cinco de Mayo margaritas at the Tequila Cave (Mexico Pavillion in Epcot)

Yay! A DIS-meet! I will be there. I would love to meet everyone!!!

I'll let Kacee welcome you to her thread, but I'll hop in and welcome you to the Dis! I'm there from May 1-9, so we can all have a :grouphug:!

I'm going to see if I can find your PTR!

Yes we all should meet! Hope you can make it to Mexico on Cinco as well!

Great bargains Kayce! You did a great job on the shirts as well. How fun! :goodvibes

Thanks Leanne! :goodvibes

Hello! I will be in WDW for some of the same days as you and we will be celebrating my DHs b-day which is May 6th!

Great job on the outfit and t-shirts! Very cute!

Thanks for joining in! You will have to share some of your plans. Are you going to do a PTR? Hopefully we will all cross paths at some point!! :goodvibes

kangaand2roos
02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
She just may do that! I think at the 40 mark the only ones she won't ride are Dinosaur and ToT. Has he done either of those? She is really excited about Splash, Soarin, and Big Thunder!!

In the 40" rides he has done Splash, Soarin, and Test Track. He loves Soarin. The other two he seems to waffle on. One time he likes it, the next he doesn't. Annika is a bit more adventurous. She loves Space Mountain ( though she's only done it at DLR,) TT, BTMRR, Soarin. She likes Dinosaur and is indifferent about Splash. Oh, they both love Kali River.

PrincessInOz
02-09-2010, 05:30 AM
Thanks for all the welcome messages.

I was hoping to add some photos to my PTR thread (and if someone can tell me how to add a link to a message, I'd appreciate it)...but I'm still earning my "ears" and have to complete a few more 'posts' before being allowed to.

a number of us May visitors are meeting at noon on May 5 for Cinco de Mayo margaritas at the Tequila Cave (Mexico Pavillion in Epcot) Join us if you can!
OMG!!! I'm an obsessive compulsive who's almost in disaster recovery mode because I feel so disorganised. I've just gotten my passport renewal submitted; still have to buy my Melbourne to US plane tickets etc...and I haven't gotten round to planning my park strategy yet. But it all suddenly doesn't matter :banana: Party :woohoo: Party :woohoo: at the Tequila Cave. To kschafer who issued the invite, I will keep this in mind. I have no idea where I'll be on the 5th but if I can make it for margaritas, I will certainly join you. This means I have to find something with lime green to wear, right??

kangaand2roos
02-09-2010, 06:03 AM

I am looking to see how i can rearrange my schedule to be at the Cava at noon on Wednesday. Cava is one of the things I really want to try this trip. We're supposed to be at Blizzard Beach that day, but maybe I can shuffle and go to Blizzard another time. Hey, if I shufffle it gives me some planning to do. I'm pretty organized for my May trip and the park hours haven't been released for the October trip yet, so I'm kind of in limbo. An extra Epcot day never makes me sad!

smithpack
02-09-2010, 06:39 AM
So sorry to hear you are back at school. Blech, I feel for ya!:lmao:

Also, love the bag you found at Target! I love it when I find great deals at Target. It is such a high. I may go see if I can find the same bag at my local target. That is a sweet deal!:thumbsup2

kangaand2roos
02-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I am looking to see how i can rearrange my schedule to be at the Cava at noon on Wednesday. Cava is one of the things I really want to try this trip. We're supposed to be at Blizzard Beach that day, but maybe I can shuffle and go to Blizzard another time. Hey, if I shufffle it gives me some planning to do. I'm pretty organized for my May trip and the park hours haven't been released for the October trip yet, so I'm kind of in limbo. An extra Epcot day never makes me sad!

Schedule changed! We will be able to make the Cava meet! Yea! Now to come up with something to occupy the children while I enjoy the meet. I hope you others with kids will be there too!

kcandbella
02-09-2010, 01:50 PM
In the 40" rides he has done Splash, Soarin, and Test Track. He loves Soarin. The other two he seems to waffle on. One time he likes it, the next he doesn't. Annika is a bit more adventurous. She loves Space Mountain ( though she's only done it at DLR,) TT, BTMRR, Soarin. She likes Dinosaur and is indifferent about Splash. Oh, they both love Kali River.

We went to Six Flags this summer and she loved Thunder River, which is virtually the same. And the log flume is just a more boring Splash, so I know she will love that, too! She is the adventurous type, so I think she will be ok on BTMRR and TT.

Thanks for all the welcome messages.

I was hoping to add some photos to my PTR thread (and if someone can tell me how to add a link to a message, I'd appreciate it)...but I'm still earning my "ears" and have to complete a few more 'posts' before being allowed to.

OMG!!! I'm an obsessive compulsive who's almost in disaster recovery mode because I feel so disorganised. I've just gotten my passport renewal submitted; still have to buy my Melbourne to US plane tickets etc...and I haven't gotten round to planning my park strategy yet. But it all suddenly doesn't matter :banana: Party :woohoo: Party :woohoo: at the Tequila Cave. To kschafer who issued the invite, I will keep this in mind. I have no idea where I'll be on the 5th but if I can make it for margaritas, I will certainly join you. This means I have to find something with lime green to wear, right??

Yay! I'm just planning on putting a Lime Green Mickey Head on my park bag--lime green really isnt my color! :lmao:

So sorry to hear you are back at school. Blech, I feel for ya!:lmao:

Also, love the bag you found at Target! I love it when I find great deals at Target. It is such a high. I may go see if I can find the same bag at my local target. That is a sweet deal!:thumbsup2

Yes, Target is the best. I was there (again) today and they still have the backpack and the luggage tags. They also have some big suitcases that were regular 129 for 68. I am going to wait and see if they go down to 30.

Schedule changed! We will be able to make the Cava meet! Yea! Now to come up with something to occupy the children while I enjoy the meet. I hope you others with kids will be there too!

All right! :woohoo: I am not sure what the kids will be doing while I enjoy my margarita. My parents may take them to explore some of the kidcot stations or a KP mission. Or if you are bringing yours along, I could bring them, too! :goodvibes

Cory's Gal
02-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Way to score some awesome deals Kayce! LOVE LOVE the shirts you made for Bella and for Noah! The suitcase and other bags were such a steal!! That Minnie pillowcase dress is so cute!! Are they hard to make??

kcandbella
02-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Way to score some awesome deals Kayce! LOVE LOVE the shirts you made for Bella and for Noah! The suitcase and other bags were such a steal!! That Minnie pillowcase dress is so cute!! Are they hard to make??

No, honestly it was not that hard. I did practice learning some stitches before I attempted it. There are some really good tutorials out there, if you decide you want to try send me a PM and I will send you the links!

kcandbella
02-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Making a list of things we want to do at each park is difficult since there are 8 of us going and basically, we would LIKE to do it all. Realistically, I know that isn't possible, so I'm going to kind of order things into 3 categories: really want to do, would like to do, and will do if time permits (the things we will cut out if we have to). I don't think there is anything specifically that at least someone in our party doesn't want to do. So, with that said, here is our list for the Magic Kingdom, followed by top 5 for me and for Bella!

Really want to do:
Everything in Fantasyland, Barnstormer, Pixie Hollow, Space Mountain (me and the boys), Splash Mountain, BTMRR, TTA, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Magic Carpets, Tiana meet and greet, Wishes, Spectro

Would like to do:
Jungle Cruise, Mickey and Minnie's houses (if they are still there), Space Ranger Spin, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor

Will do only if time permits:
Carousel of Progress, Tomorrowland Speedway, Stitch's Great Escape, Astro Orbiter, Liberty Belle, Hall of Presidents, Tom Sawyer Island, Country Bears, Tiki Birds, Swiss Family Treehouse.

My top 5 Must Do's:
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan
Wishes

Bella's top 5 Must Do's:
Tiana Meet and Greet
Mad Tea Party
BTMRR
Pixie Hollow
Splash Mountain

We will get in as much as we can!!!

BippityBoo
02-12-2010, 08:33 PM
GREAT list :thumbsup2 Pretty much identical to ours :lovestruc

One word of advice for Tiana---they guard her like Obama!! It was a WONDERFUL meet and greet (One of the best ones we did) but she was literally only there for 2-3 hours (if even). The first time, we got turned away (even though I told the CM we were from New Orleans :laughing:) and the second time we were,seriously, LAST in line! :woohoo:

She is in a gazebo in between Liberty Square and Adventureland bridge (right behind Liberty Tree Tavern). Off the top of my head, she was there from around 12-3 or 1-3. The CMs could not even tell us when she would be there :rolleyes:

kcandbella
02-12-2010, 08:48 PM
GREAT list :thumbsup2 Pretty much identical to ours :lovestruc

One word of advice for Tiana---they guard her like Obama!! It was a WONDERFUL meet and greet (One of the best ones we did) but she was literally only there for 2-3 hours (if even). The first time, we got turned away (even though I told the CM we were from New Orleans :laughing:) and the second time we were,seriously, LAST in line! :woohoo:

She is in a gazebo in between Liberty Square and Adventureland bridge (right behind Liberty Tree Tavern). Off the top of my head, she was there from around 12-3 or 1-3. The CMs could not even tell us when she would be there :rolleyes:

Oooh thanks for the advice Katie! She is Bella's new absolute favorite. We sing to the soundtrack in the car and she can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD. She talks about meeting her all the time! So I guess we will have to stalk that gazebo!! :lmao: I can't believe they don't have her meet and greets more accessible to guests. They should know that all the little girls will want to meet her after seeing the new movie! :confused3

BippityBoo
02-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Oooh thanks for the advice Katie! She is Bella's new absolute favorite. We sing to the soundtrack in the car and she can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD. She talks about meeting her all the time! So I guess we will have to stalk that gazebo!! :lmao: I can't believe they don't have her meet and greets more accessible to guests. They should know that all the little girls will want to meet her after seeing the new movie! :confused3

UGH! I know!! I hope that they extend her hours for you guys while you are there! We were there right after they closed the Tiana Showboat, so maybe we were just not lucky. Tiana was really fun :woohoo: I am so excited for your DD to meet her!

leamom2princesses
02-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Great list Kayce! We have almost the exact same Top 5. Bella will love Pixie Hollow...so cute! :goodvibes

kangaand2roos
02-13-2010, 05:52 AM
Sounds great Kacee!!

hollisterluva92
02-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Okay so could your kids get any cuter? I love all of the great scores at target! I was there yesterday but I only had 20 minutes so I couldn't stay and look for stuff for my trip :( I love the t-shirts and Bella's Dress! Right now I have to take care of a mechanical baby for child development at school--pics in my ptr--and I named her Isabella Rose! Oh! you should come over and check out my ptr :) And i'm subbing too!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2380870

smithpack
02-13-2010, 09:00 AM
I know from my experience going in May, that you can get the whole Fantasyland done in about an hour and 15 minutes if you get there at rope drop. You can look at my latest update in my TR to see the order we did the rides to get them all done that quickly. You really do have to do it in a certain order because some rides get lines a lot quicker than the others, so you have to do those first. Anyway, your plans look great!! I am just telling you now, don't even bother with Stitch thing. It is a waste of time. It's not even a ride, it's a trap.:goodvibes

SoonerGirl
02-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Anyway, your plans look great!! I am just telling you now, don't even bother with Stitch thing. It is a waste of time. It's not even a ride, it's a trap.:goodvibes

::yes::

That's a wasted hour of my life that I will never get back.......... :sad2:

kangaand2roos
02-13-2010, 09:54 AM
II am just telling you now, don't even bother with Stitch thing. It is a waste of time. It's not even a ride, it's a trap.:goodvibes

I have to say that while I don't care for the attraction much myself, my kids LOVE Stitch and always want to go on the attraction multiple times. To each his own.

kcandbella
02-13-2010, 10:50 AM
UGH! I know!! I hope that they extend her hours for you guys while you are there! We were there right after they closed the Tiana Showboat, so maybe we were just not lucky. Tiana was really fun :woohoo: I am so excited for your DD to meet her!

Me too! Hopefully by May they will have her out more often. I think they should even have her at CRT! She is one of the princesses now!!!

Great list Kayce! We have almost the exact same Top 5. Bella will love Pixie Hollow...so cute! :goodvibes

Well great minds think alike, right? :thumbsup2 It will be so much fun to compare notes and TRs when we both get back!

Okay so could your kids get any cuter? I love all of the great scores at target! I was there yesterday but I only had 20 minutes so I couldn't stay and look for stuff for my trip :( I love the t-shirts and Bella's Dress! Right now I have to take care of a mechanical baby for child development at school--pics in my ptr--and I named her Isabella Rose! Oh! you should come over and check out my ptr :) And i'm subbing too!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2380870

Thank you! Only one of them is mine technically, but we are close so they may as well be mine (except I can send them home lol). Thanks for subbing, I will definetely check your PTR out! :)

I know from my experience going in May, that you can get the whole Fantasyland done in about an hour and 15 minutes if you get there at rope drop. You can look at my latest update in my TR to see the order we did the rides to get them all done that quickly. You really do have to do it in a certain order because some rides get lines a lot quicker than the others, so you have to do those first. Anyway, your plans look great!! I am just telling you now, don't even bother with Stitch thing. It is a waste of time. It's not even a ride, it's a trap.:goodvibes

I will have to go and read your update! Yes we were planning on doing FL first thing. I know Bella and I will be up and ready to go at RD. If everyone else isn't, they will have to meet us. I have heard that Peter Pan has a line constantly after the first hour, so I know to get that in or get a FP. The hard part is that I also want to be in line for Pixie Hollow by 9:45 or so to avoid a 45 minute wait. So we will have to do what we can in those first 45 minutes and then go back for the rest.

::yes::

That's a wasted hour of my life that I will never get back.......... :sad2:

I have heard similar things from a lot of people...you would think they would DO something about it! :confused3

I have to say that while I don't care for the attraction much myself, my kids LOVE Stitch and always want to go on the attraction multiple times. To each his own.

Bella and Jaeden both really like Stitch, which is why it is disappointing to hear so many negative things about this attraction. If they insist on it, we will do it and see what we think!

Cory's Gal
02-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Magic Kingdom list looks great Kayce!! I am sure we will spend most of the morning in Fantasyland and Fronteirland too! I like the idea of having a Top 5 Must Do's, and then the really want to do and then the things would like to do and then the extras if there is time!! It always is such a crunch in Magic Kingdom because there are so many attractions here in a smaller space, especially now that Bella will be able to ride so much!! :goodvibes

kcandbella
02-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Magic Kingdom list looks great Kayce!! I am sure we will spend most of the morning in Fantasyland and Fronteirland too! I like the idea of having a Top 5 Must Do's, and then the really want to do and then the things would like to do and then the extras if there is time!! It always is such a crunch in Magic Kingdom because there are so many attractions here in a smaller space, especially now that Bella will be able to ride so much!! :goodvibes

MK was the hardest for me to eliminate things from our must do's. I think it is because of the sentimental value of everything from when I was a kid. Things like the Country Bears are hard for me to think of skipping, but I know there are things that the kids will like better now, like Pixie Hollow. But we ALWAYS went to that show when I was younger, so it's difficult!! I'm hoping by some miracle we will be able to get more in than I am figuring, but I'm trying to be realistic. We'll see! :rolleyes1

kcandbella
02-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Epcot

Must Doís: Soariní, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Club Cool, Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush, Imagination Pavilion, Grand Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom, Voices of Liberty, Character Connection, Illuminations

Would like to: Innoventions (including Sum of All Thrills), Living with the Land, Journey into Imagination with Figment, Mission: Space, Kim Possible Mission, explore as many countries as possible in WS

Only if thereís time: Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Ellenís Energy Adventure, Circle of Life

My Top 5:
Soariní
Test Track
Le Cellier (ADR for Thursday!)
Voices of Liberty
Exploring WS as much as possible

Bellaís Top 5:
Soariní
Test Track
Nemo
Turtle Talk
Imagination Pavilion (Iíve told her all about the jumping fountains!)

Next up: DHS!

leamom2princesses
02-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Great list Kayce! Bella will love Turtle Talk if you get a chance to check it out. It's so cute. Soarin' is always a must do for us too. Excellent choices! :thumbsup2

Charlefours
02-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Love your list!! I think it such a great idea to have ideas of what you want to accomplish, than add in what you can do if time permits.

Minnie and Mickey's houses should definitely be there--they are not slated to being the Fantasyland expansion until September and even then they are not suppose to touch Toontown until much later during the three year project.

Lilian has not seen nor heard Princess in the Frog. I am really looking forward to seeing it too! :goodvibes

disney<333
02-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Great finds at Target. I a looked at my store but I couldn't find any luggage at your prices.:guilty:
Love your top 5s so far. You guys are going to have such a great trip and I'm so excited for you. I hope that Bella can meet Tiana. I tried for her in November had no luck hopefully in May. We'll be there the 12-17th.

kcandbella
02-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Great list Kayce! Bella will love Turtle Talk if you get a chance to check it out. It's so cute. Soarin' is always a must do for us too. Excellent choices! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to try Soarin! I have heard so many good things. It will be all of our first time for that one!

Love your list!! I think it such a great idea to have ideas of what you want to accomplish, than add in what you can do if time permits.

Minnie and Mickey's houses should definitely be there--they are not slated to being the Fantasyland expansion until September and even then they are not suppose to touch Toontown until much later during the three year project.

Lilian has not seen nor heard Princess in the Frog. I am really looking forward to seeing it too! :goodvibes

Oh that is good to know about Toontown. I kind of thought so, but they are being so vague with dates that I didn't want to get our hearts too set on it and then find them closed. You and Lilian will BOTH love Princess and the Frog! We saw it in the theaters and can't wait until it comes out on DVD March 16th!

Great finds at Target. I a looked at my store but I couldn't find any luggage at your prices.:guilty:
Love your top 5s so far. You guys are going to have such a great trip and I'm so excited for you. I hope that Bella can meet Tiana. I tried for her in November had no luck hopefully in May. We'll be there the 12-17th.

Those finds were complete luck maybe combined with a little clearance stalking! :rotfl2: I didn't know you were going in May, too bad we will miss you by just a few days! But that's great that you get to go again so soon! :banana:

carissanboys
02-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi Kayce! :wave:

How exciting to be going back after 10 years!! :cool1: I'm so excited for you!

POR is a wonderful resort!! We stayed there on our last trip (first time on property) and fell in love. The grounds are gorgeous and relaxing and the boat ride to DTD is such a wonderful bonus. :goodvibes

A must-do for the Magic Kingdom is Mickey's Philharmagic. :thumbsup2 Grown-ups and kids alike love it. One of my favorites.

kcandbella
02-20-2010, 11:43 AM
DHS

Must Doís: Fantasmic! (dinner package booked), Indiana Jones, Muppets, Lights! Motors! Action!, RnRC, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story Mania, ToT, Little Mermaid

Would Like to: American Idol, Great Movie Ride, Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground, Playhouse Disney (I am thinking my parents will take Bella to see this while the rest of us ride the thrill rides), Star Tours, One Manís Dream

Only if time permits: Magic of Disney Animation, Sounds Dangerous, Studios Backlot Tour

My Top 5:
RnRC
ToT
TSM
F!
Beauty and the Beast
(Abbreviate much, lol)

Bellaís Top 5
TSM
Beauty and the Beast
Little Mermaid
F!
Muppets

Coming soon: Animal Kingdom!!!

carissanboys
02-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Save yourself some wasted time and skip Sounds Dangerous completely. :rolleyes1

kcandbella
02-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi Kayce! :wave:

How exciting to be going back after 10 years!! :cool1: I'm so excited for you!

POR is a wonderful resort!! We stayed there on our last trip (first time on property) and fell in love. The grounds are gorgeous and relaxing and the boat ride to DTD is such a wonderful bonus. :goodvibes

A must-do for the Magic Kingdom is Mickey's Philharmagic. :thumbsup2 Grown-ups and kids alike love it. One of my favorites.

Hi and welcome to my PTR! 10 years is such a long time, and so much has changed (both at Disney and in my life, lol). Not much longer, though!!! I am so glad to hear that about POR. The pictures I have seen are all amazing and so peaceful looking. And thanks for the recommendation for Philharmagic. We are definitely going to try and get that in!!! :goodvibes

SoonerGirl
02-20-2010, 01:35 PM
I think it was probably a very good call to book the dinner package for F! It's only playing twice that week right? I haven't looked in awhile because I have already decided that we don't want to fight the crowd and therefore we'll just skip it. :sad2:

I love RnRC, it's a blast!

Your top 5 look great, you're going to have so much fun :goodvibes

kcandbella
02-20-2010, 03:32 PM
I think it was probably a very good call to book the dinner package for F! It's only playing twice that week right? I haven't looked in awhile because I have already decided that we don't want to fight the crowd and therefore we'll just skip it. :sad2:

I love RnRC, it's a blast!

Your top 5 look great, you're going to have so much fun :goodvibes

Yes it is only playing twice that week, and once is Sunday, which is our arrival date. We definitely do not want to miss this one since we have never seen it, and I figured the Wednesday one would be pretty crowded, so I booked the package. The only bad thing is the latest time available by the time I called (which was on the 180 day mark! :scared1:) for Mama Melrose was 4:00, which is pretty early for dinner for us. We are usually late eaters! I wasn't interested in Brown Derby since it is 2 TS credits, and I have heard horrible reviews of Hollywood and Vine, especially for lunch and dinner, so I just went with it. I figure we can eat a late CS breakfast and have a snack while waiting for Fantasmic if we get hungry later. Its a shame they don't have at least one more showing that week, then maybe you'd be able to catch it!

Charlefours
02-20-2010, 08:47 PM
(I missed your great deals post somehow :confused:) Great deals at Target!! Love the shirts--so the head is a transfer than you sewed on a bow? I want to make a few things for Lilian :goodvibes:

I think the Princess and the Frog might make it in Lilian's Easter basket. I am looking forward to seeing it too.

Where are you doing your F! dinner package through? We are looking at Mama Melrose's since we like Italian (I know it is not "real" Italian but I think we will like it).

kcandbella
02-20-2010, 09:18 PM
(I missed your great deals post somehow :confused:) Great deals at Target!! Love the shirts--so the head is a transfer than you sewed on a bow? I want to make a few things for Lilian :goodvibes:

I think the Princess and the Frog might make it in Lilian's Easter basket. I am looking forward to seeing it too.

Where are you doing your F! dinner package through? We are looking at Mama Melrose's since we like Italian (I know it is not "real" Italian but I think we will like it).

Yes, the head is an iron on transfer. Some people on the Creative DISigns board have the blank ones in their photobucket accounts which they link to in their signatures. I downloaded a free Disney font and used the blank black Mickey heads, then typed their names and printed them on iron on transfer paper. And yes I will sew the bow onto Bella's, but I am going to wait until right before we leave (in case she wears it beforehand and I have to wash it). Be careful venturing to the Creative DISign board if you haven't already though...they have SOOOO much cute stuff and you will want to make it all! :rotfl:

I don't know that I will be able to wait 2 weeks to put P&F in the Easter Basket...it may just be a "goody" the day it comes out. I am too impatient! :rotfl2:

And we are doing the Fantasmic at Mama Melrose's. It just seemed like the best choice to me. I wish they had it at 50's Primetime, we would have done that. I just noticed how close you are to making your ADR's!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes! :banana:

BippityBoo
02-20-2010, 10:13 PM
GREAT picks for DHS :thumbsup2 Toy Story is a must, must, must!! We did not get to do it on our first trip because we got to the park too late, and the fastpasses were times that F! was going on.

This time, we went right there and fastpassed it. SO worth it! One of the best rides at WDW! Bella will just adore it :goodvibes

Both of my kids love Playhouse Disney. It is so much fun to sing the show songs and they are in awe of the characters.

Of course, we really liked ToT (never got to ride Rockin Roller Coaster :confused3)

Beauty and the Beast stage show is seriously one of the best stage shows I have ever seen! It is Broadway style...WONDERFUL! We all love it so much (even my DH!!) It is really clever and funny too. Can't wait to see how you like it.

And last..the Movie Ride is one of my personal favorites! I will post pics soon during our DHS day.

Can't wait to see what you pick for AK!

PrincessInOz
02-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Your lists are fantastic...makes me think I need to do mine as well..:upsidedown:

cdotla
02-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Fellow May tripper hopping on board!:goodvibes

I have a lot of catching up to do, and of course I am very interested in reading your itinerary to see if we might be bumping into each other in the Parks!:)

Charlefours
02-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Yes, the head is an iron on transfer. Some people on the Creative DISigns board have the blank ones in their photobucket accounts which they link to in their signatures. I downloaded a free Disney font and used the blank black Mickey heads, then typed their names and printed them on iron on transfer paper. And yes I will sew the bow onto Bella's, but I am going to wait until right before we leave (in case she wears it beforehand and I have to wash it). Be careful venturing to the Creative DISign board if you haven't already though...they have SOOOO much cute stuff and you will want to make it all! :rotfl:

I don't know that I will be able to wait 2 weeks to put P&F in the Easter Basket...it may just be a "goody" the day it comes out. I am too impatient! :rotfl2:

And we are doing the Fantasmic at Mama Melrose's. It just seemed like the best choice to me. I wish they had it at 50's Primetime, we would have done that. I just noticed how close you are to making your ADR's!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes! :banana:

Nice jobs on the shirts! I LOVE :love: the idea of putting a bow on it. Are you going to make more shirts or dresses before you go?

I already discovered the DISign board! :rotfl: Way to many things on there. I have two custom DISigns done already. One will definitely be a group shirt. The other, I am trying to decide if it will be a shirt or something else? :confused3

As much as I am dying to see Princess and the Frog, it will have to wait until Easter when Lilian gets it from you know who. :rolleyes1 I want to order a few bows from Becky as well because Lilian went gaga over the pictures of them.

MM seemed like the best choice for my family too. I think it will be good (hopefully) but just having the option of being able to have reserved seats for F! I will chance it!! I know--I am getting excited to make the ADRs!! :yay: It makes it seem even more real!!

kcandbella
02-24-2010, 04:36 PM
We went to Disney Live on Saturday night (thanks again Hollie!) and I just thought I would share some pics. The show was cute, the fab 5 were putting on a talent show and "traveling" around to find people to be in it. They ended up finding Cinderella and the Stepsisters, Woody, Buzz, and Jessie, and Tigger. Bella loved it! Our seats were kind of high up but we could see everything with no problem. She was singing and dancing and giggling the entire time!!!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1184.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1169.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1171.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1175.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1178.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1182.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_11862.jpg

carissanboys
02-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Looks like a good time. :goodvibes

I remember taking our oldest to see Blue's Clues Live when he was just two years old. I was pregnant with our second at the time and already emotional. :rolleyes: I got so choked up watching him watch the show. He was soooooooooo into Blue's Clues back then!

Cory's Gal
02-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Disney Live! looked like a lot of fun! Bella looked like she was having a grand old time!! Her pillowcase dress looks adorable too!!! Your park plans look great!!!:thumbsup2

kcandbella
02-24-2010, 05:06 PM
GREAT picks for DHS :thumbsup2 Toy Story is a must, must, must!! We did not get to do it on our first trip because we got to the park too late, and the fastpasses were times that F! was going on.

This time, we went right there and fastpassed it. SO worth it! One of the best rides at WDW! Bella will just adore it :goodvibes

Both of my kids love Playhouse Disney. It is so much fun to sing the show songs and they are in awe of the characters.

Of course, we really liked ToT (never got to ride Rockin Roller Coaster :confused3)

Beauty and the Beast stage show is seriously one of the best stage shows I have ever seen! It is Broadway style...WONDERFUL! We all love it so much (even my DH!!) It is really clever and funny too. Can't wait to see how you like it.

And last..the Movie Ride is one of my personal favorites! I will post pics soon during our DHS day.

Can't wait to see what you pick for AK!

I can't wait for Toy Story! Especially since that is Bella's current movie obsession. We are going at RD, riding, then getting FP. Great to hear about Beauty and the Beast, that is one of my favorites, so I'm glad the show is good!!!

Your lists are fantastic...makes me think I need to do mine as well..:upsidedown:

Thanks! :goodvibes

Fellow May tripper hopping on board!:goodvibes

I have a lot of catching up to do, and of course I am very interested in reading your itinerary to see if we might be bumping into each other in the Parks!:)

I hope so! That would be fun!

Looks like a good time. :goodvibes

I remember taking our oldest to see Blue's Clues Live when he was just two years old. I was pregnant with our second at the time and already emotional. :rolleyes: I got so choked up watching him watch the show. He was soooooooooo into Blue's Clues back then!

Awww, how sweet! I can't wait for that feeling at Disney. Seeing things through their eyes is twice as magical!

Disney Live! looked like a lot of fun! Bella looked like she was having a grand old time!! Her pillowcase dress looks adorable too!!! Your park plans look great!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks! It was a lot of fun! :goodvibes

SoonerGirl
02-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Disney Live sounds like fun and Bella looks like she's having a great time! It makes me sad that my boys are too old for that kind of stuff now. :sad2:

cdotla
02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Looks like a great time!:goodvibes

gallmcduck
02-25-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm joining in your PTR need to go back now and catch up wanted to join in first :)

kcandbella
02-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Disney Live sounds like fun and Bella looks like she's having a great time! It makes me sad that my boys are too old for that kind of stuff now. :sad2:

It was a lot of fun. I bet that is sad that your boys are too old. I am not looking forward to that, I love the age she is now. Disney on Ice is coming up in a couple of weeks and I think we're going to try to make that, too!

Looks like a great time!:goodvibes

Thanks! We enjoyed it!

I'm joining in your PTR need to go back now and catch up wanted to join in first :)

Welcome! I am glad you are joining in! :yay:

Stacey16
02-25-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm signing on too! We'll be there May 3 - May 12! :banana:

Your daughter is adorable! You will have so much fun with her!

We stayed at POR (Dixie Landings at that time) for our honeymoon in 1997 - it's beautiful! The last 2 years we've stayed at POFQ. My girls love the Dragon Slide. If you have time, you may want to take a walk over there to try out that pool too. It's about a 10-15 minute walk between resorts. It's a nice way to see the grounds. We walked over to POR last year and tried out that pool and slide it was great! This year we're staying at CBR, just to try something different.

We also have ADR's for Teppan Edo on May 3rd! But we're there early - 4:30. Since it's an early travel day for us, we decided to eat early so the girls can rest that night.

Can't wait to hear more! I'll be counting down the days with you! :cool1:

leamom2princesses
02-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Disney Live sounds great Kayce! Bella looks so pretty in the dress you made her. :love:

kcandbella
02-25-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm signing on too! We'll be there May 3 - May 12! :banana:

Your daughter is adorable! You will have so much fun with her!

We stayed at POR (Dixie Landings at that time) for our honeymoon in 1997 - it's beautiful! The last 2 years we've stayed at POFQ. My girls love the Dragon Slide. If you have time, you may want to take a walk over there to try out that pool too. It's about a 10-15 minute walk between resorts. It's a nice way to see the grounds. We walked over to POR last year and tried out that pool and slide it was great! This year we're staying at CBR, just to try something different.

We also have ADR's for Teppan Edo on May 3rd! But we're there early - 4:30. Since it's an early travel day for us, we decided to eat early so the girls can rest that night.

Can't wait to hear more! I'll be counting down the days with you! :cool1:

Yay! Another early May visitor! :yay: There are pretty many of us going then. I can't wait! Did you read about the meet on Cinco? You should join us if you are able!

I am very excited to see POR in person. It looks so peaceful and pretty! If it is hot we may have to check out the POFQ pool. Both pools look great!

Disney Live sounds great Kayce! Bella looks so pretty in the dress you made her. :love:

Thanks! I am working on another one--a Tiana dress that is actually from a pattern! :scared1: I've just started cutting out the fabric so we'll see how it goes. I will post pics when I'm done(if it turns out well lol).

Charlefours
02-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Looks like you had a great night! The picture of the two of you is adorable :) The dress you made is just too cute on her. :cutie: Ohh--a Tiana dress! How special will Bella look wearing it at Disney, meeting Tiana possibly in it!! I still hope to get a few things made for Lilian too but nothing as complicated as a Tiana dress. :scared:

BTW: do you think you will be doing a TR? I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on POR and your thoughts overall. Bella and Lilian seem so similar that it would be great to hear how she does, her likes and dislikes. :goodvibes:

gallmcduck
02-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Phew all caught up. Plans all sound great, ADRs looking good :thumbsup2. T-shirt are coming along really nicely I would love to be creative but unfortunatley I'm not.

Epcot meet sounds like fun especially the margarita part :cool1:

kcandbella
02-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Looks like you had a great night! The picture of the two of you is adorable :) The dress you made is just too cute on her. :cutie: Ohh--a Tiana dress! How special will Bella look wearing it at Disney, meeting Tiana possibly in it!! I still hope to get a few things made for Lilian too but nothing as complicated as a Tiana dress. :scared:

BTW: do you think you will be doing a TR? I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on POR and your thoughts overall. Bella and Lilian seem so similar that it would be great to hear how she does, her likes and dislikes. :goodvibes:

Well it isn't a dress like Tiana wears, just a dress with Tiana fabric. I finished this morning. Pics in next post! :woohoo:

I am planning on doing a TR. I just think it will be a great way to relive the memories and then I can go back and reread it when it's done and I want to remember our trip. I will let you know all about POR and our adventures! :thumbsup2

Phew all caught up. Plans all sound great, ADRs looking good :thumbsup2. T-shirt are coming along really nicely I would love to be creative but unfortunatley I'm not.

Epcot meet sounds like fun especially the margarita part :cool1:

That's the great part--they were SOOOO easy! I am crafty but you don't need to be for those. They design them for you on the DISigns board and you just print and iron! :goodvibes

kcandbella
02-27-2010, 11:57 AM
I am VERY excited to announce that I just finished sewing my first piece ever from a pattern. I am completely and hopelessly addicted to sewing now and am so happy with the results. Bella loves it too, she had to put it on right away before I could even press it. Here it is:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1198.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1200.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1201.jpg

Stacey16
02-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Beautiful dress! You did an awesome job! You'd never know that was your first time. Bella is a gorgeous model!

SoonerGirl
02-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Great job on the dress! That turned out so cute!

kschafer
02-27-2010, 06:15 PM
cute cute cute!

It's almost enough to make me wish I had a little princess of my own

leamom2princesses
02-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Great job on the Tiana dress Kayce! It turned out so cute!! Love it! :thumbsup2

PrincessInOz
02-28-2010, 12:03 AM
LOVE the Tiana dress Kayce. Is Bella bringing it to POR?

gallmcduck
02-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Wow dress is great :thumbsup2 Thanks for tip on t-shirts I daren't go over to the other boards I would never fit anything else in :rotfl:

kcandbella
02-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Beautiful dress! You did an awesome job! You'd never know that was your first time. Bella is a gorgeous model!

Great job on the dress! That turned out so cute!

cute cute cute!

It's almost enough to make me wish I had a little princess of my own

Great job on the Tiana dress Kayce! It turned out so cute!! Love it! :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone! :goodvibes

LOVE the Tiana dress Kayce. Is Bella bringing it to POR?

Yes she is! She will wear it to the MK on Friday the 7th in hopes of meeting Tiana in it! She already told me that Tiana will think she looks just gorgeous in it!!! :lmao:

Wow dress is great :thumbsup2 Thanks for tip on t-shirts I daren't go over to the other boards I would never fit anything else in :rotfl:

I know what you mean! It's addicting! ;)

cdotla
02-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Great job on the dress!:thumbsup2 Those colors look beautiful on her! What a perfect dress to wear to meet Princess Tiana! I so hope she is still doing meet and greets in May!:)

carissanboys
02-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Great job on the dress! :thumbsup2 Very cute. :goodvibes

I really need to attempt to use my sewing machine. It was my grandmother's and was given to me after her passing. I've had a few years now and still have not attempted to thread it. :rolleyes1

Charlefours
02-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I am so glad you are doing a TR!! :thumbsup2 I just know I will get so many good tips from you and Bella.

LOVE :love: the Tiana dress! So adorable. I love the YCMT website. I have been saving lots of patterns I want to try to my wishlist. I think when I get back from going down to my grad school this next week, I will get one and try my hand at it. I have material here at home I can start with and then go get different ones if I want to make some Disney ones. I would like to be the one to make her dress for the tea party we are going to.

Are you going to try to sew something else? :goodvibes

elizablake
03-01-2010, 09:08 AM
:wave2: Great pre-trip report so far. Bella is too cute. :lovestruc

The dress you made is awesome. I'm so impressed. :worship:

kcandbella
03-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Great job on the dress!:thumbsup2 Those colors look beautiful on her! What a perfect dress to wear to meet Princess Tiana! I so hope she is still doing meet and greets in May!:)

Thank you! Oh my, if she isn't I will have one VERY heartbroken girl on my hands. Fingers crossed!!!

Great job on the dress! :thumbsup2 Very cute. :goodvibes

I really need to attempt to use my sewing machine. It was my grandmother's and was given to me after her passing. I've had a few years now and still have not attempted to thread it. :rolleyes1

Threading it was the most confusing part for me! :rotfl: If you can get past that you are on your way. Though if I didn't have a girl, I probably wouldn't have started, either!

I am so glad you are doing a TR!! :thumbsup2 I just know I will get so many good tips from you and Bella.

LOVE :love: the Tiana dress! So adorable. I love the YCMT website. I have been saving lots of patterns I want to try to my wishlist. I think when I get back from going down to my grad school this next week, I will get one and try my hand at it. I have material here at home I can start with and then go get different ones if I want to make some Disney ones. I would like to be the one to make her dress for the tea party we are going to.

Are you going to try to sew something else? :goodvibes

Thank you! I love that site also. Right now I am working on a patchwork tiered skirt. I did not get a pattern, I am attempting to freehand it after looking at lots of pics. So far its going pretty well! I will post pics when I'm done for sure.

:wave2: Great pre-trip report so far. Bella is too cute. :lovestruc

The dress you made is awesome. I'm so impressed. :worship:

Welcome and thanks!!! Glad you made it over. Thanks again for the autograph book covers. After all this sewing, those are my next project! :goodvibes

kcandbella
03-02-2010, 07:08 AM
TWO MONTHS TIL DISNEY!

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:
:dancer:party::jumping1:

smithpack
03-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Oh my Goodness! I love that dress, and Bella is so beautiful. I so want to start sewing now after seeing your first dress!!

leamom2princesses
03-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Hooray for 2 months!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Stacey16
03-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Our 2 month mark is tomorrow! Can't wait!!

I was trying to explain to my 7 year old how fast the 2 months will go by. I said 2 months ago was New Years - see how fast THAT went by? She thought that was cool! :cool1:

SoonerGirl
03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Yay for 2 months!! :banana::banana::banana:

I had my 2 month dance yesterday - it'll be here before we know it!

PrincessInOz
03-03-2010, 04:23 AM

I was trying to explain to my 7 year old how fast the 2 months will go by. I said 2 months ago was New Years - see how fast THAT went by? She thought that was cool! :cool1:

What a fantastic way to explain it to a 7 year old.

Yay!! Less than 2 months !

tinkgirl26
03-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Cute daughter!! We will be down there at the same time this year. Went last year at this time and it was really nice, looking forward to going again Great PTR

LilAnn
03-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Signing on as we will be there around the same time. I have to say that I am so impressed with your dresses and shirts! I wish I was as crafty, but it's all I can do to just hem my pants! The tiana dress is adorable! Your girl is going to be such a cutie in Disney.

kcandbella
03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Oh my Goodness! I love that dress, and Bella is so beautiful. I so want to start sewing now after seeing your first dress!!

Thank you! You should, it isn't that hard. Learning to work the machine was the worst part! They have some REALLY easy tutorials on youcanmakethis.com--but beware! It's addicting.

Hooray for 2 months!!!

Yay! Yours is coming soon too! :goodvibes

That is a great way to explain it! Though March is a looooong month...but hopefully it will be over as quick as it got here! :cool1:

Yay for 2 months!! :banana::banana::banana:

I had my 2 month dance yesterday - it'll be here before we know it!

Yes it will! Can't wait!!! :goodvibes

What a fantastic way to explain it to a 7 year old.

Yay!! Less than 2 months !

Woo hoo! I'm glad I have so many people to count down with! :banana:

Cute daughter!! We will be down there at the same time this year. Went last year at this time and it was really nice, looking forward to going again Great PTR

Thank you!!! It's great to hear that it was so nice that you are doing it again. A lot of people have said it was very hot but the crowds were pretty manageable. Was that how your experience was? It's nice to have you along for the planning. I will have to check out your PTR!

Signing on as we will be there around the same time. I have to say that I am so impressed with your dresses and shirts! I wish I was as crafty, but it's all I can do to just hem my pants! The tiana dress is adorable! Your girl is going to be such a cutie in Disney.

Thank you for your kind words! I am having so much fun making things...my family thinks I'm crazy! Maybe I am going a little overboard...:rolleyes1

Hope those of you that are new can make it to the DIS-meet (Mexico Tequila Cave on May 5 at noon). Would love to meet you all!!!

tinkgirl26
03-03-2010, 09:54 PM
At that time the crowds are very manageable, you do get some school groups there for end of the year trips which can make it a little crazy but not too bad. Usually the groups are all in matching shirts etc. which makes it easy to avoid them in a way. Epcot is beautiful at that time of year with the garden and flower festival going on lots of things to see and take in. The weather is nice not too hot which is a bonus. We have really enjoyed this time of the year (this is our 4th year going at this time) Hopefully you will enjoy it too! The stuff you made btw is great! Sooo cute!! :cutie: Cant wait to hear more about your planning process!!

kcandbella
03-06-2010, 01:48 PM
After looking at the website several times and trying to decide what I wanted to do for GAD, I finally decided that the best fit for us is.....Project Linus! As much as I want to go somewhere and actively get involved, it just isn't feasible with eight people. I know we wouldn't all have to go, but I wanted something that all of us could be involved in. I signed up today while there are still spots left. Plus, there really aren't that many opportunities in our area, especially that children under 14 are eligible for. This way, I can go and get all the supplies and materials and give them to family members (along with directions) to work on this week. The boys and Bella and I (Bella is going to make one and send it in even though she is not eligible for the voucher) are going to work on ours tomorrow. Hopefully by next week everyone will be finished and we can send them in! I think this is a great way to help others and I am really looking forward to these Fastpasses--it will save some of the stress of RD for TSM plus we can go back to things we really enjoyed later in the day. I have heard various accounts about some people being able to use them for up to 8 people if they are all present, but if not, we can use two in the same day since we will have 7 vouchers! I will post pics of us making our blankets sometime later this week!!!

pocahontasgal87
03-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Hello, just found ur pre-trip report and its wicked awesome! lol we will be there May 1-8, staying at the Carribean Beach Resort, maybe ill spot u guys sunday (2nd) at the EMH at MK, lol

cdotla
03-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Great that you got signed up for GAD Kayce!

We also signed up to make blankets. We also faced the problem of very limited options for kids under 12, so the blankets were a great option. We are almost finished and I hope to mail them early next week.:)

kschafer
03-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Would love to see pictures when you finish the blankets!

Charlefours
03-07-2010, 10:05 AM
ooohhh--a patchwork skirt!! I cannot wait to see pictures of that. :worship:

:dance3 less than two months until Disney!!! :woohoo:

I am so glad you are able to do Project Linus. I would do it if I could but there are not any available at the moment in my area and with the GAD almost hitting its million mark, I may not get to do it. :( Looking forward to seeing the blankets. :goodvibes

smithpack
03-08-2010, 06:20 AM
I didn't realize that GAD has almost hit its mark. I am going to look in my area and see if there is anything left. I want to see pictures of the quilt. I am glad you will get FP's. That does take off a lot of the pressure.:thumbsup2

jenniferkeala808
03-08-2010, 06:33 AM
i thought i subscribed to your PTR but I guess I didn't! Well, I'm here!! popcorn:: going back to catch up!!

You are very good at sewing! Soooo cute the dresses! And your bella is sooo cute also! We will be leaving May 3...so we may bump into you at Evening EMH on may 2nd at MK!!

carissanboys
03-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Project Linus sounds like a good fit. My friend Missy (mommytothreeboys) is doing that one too. Hope we get to see pictures!

leamom2princesses
03-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Congrats on finding a GAD event. There's some great threads on the budget board about the Project Linus GAD. People are posting pics of their blankets. Looks like a great project Kayce! :thumbsup2

longing2Batdisney
03-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Hello! Kacye
I had started your thread when I first met you and lost it...sorry!
anyway need to go back and do some catching up

but, congrats on the GAD! can't wait to see what you and Bella make! sounds like fun!
be back soon!
:wave2: Connie

longing2Batdisney
03-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Kayce you did an awesome job on the tees, pillowcase dress and sun dress. Bella is such a cutie...sounds like you guys have a wonderful family group travleing to Disney.

All your ADR's and park plans look very well planned! I agree with another poster about sounds dangerous (if it is playing I would not rush to see it; from what I remember it is a good show to get out of the heat and enjoy the air and rest--but not very exciting).

Well, sorry I joined in so late but here until we both get back...looking forward to sharing more

Happy planning!

elizablake
03-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Do you sew the blanket for GAD? :scared1::lmao: That would be dangerous for my family. Have fun and don't forget to post pics.

kcandbella
03-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Hello, just found ur pre-trip report and its wicked awesome! lol we will be there May 1-8, staying at the Carribean Beach Resort, maybe ill spot u guys sunday (2nd) at the EMH at MK, lol

Welcome! Glad to have you planning with us. I can't wait for EMH at the MK on our first night!!

Great that you got signed up for GAD Kayce!

We also signed up to make blankets. We also faced the problem of very limited options for kids under 12, so the blankets were a great option. We are almost finished and I hope to mail them early next week.:)

We had a lot of fun making them! I would love to see pics of the ones you did, too!

Would love to see pictures when you finish the blankets!

I will post them in the next couple of days when we finish!

ooohhh--a patchwork skirt!! I cannot wait to see pictures of that. :worship:

:dance3 less than two months until Disney!!! :woohoo:

I am so glad you are able to do Project Linus. I would do it if I could but there are not any available at the moment in my area and with the GAD almost hitting its million mark, I may not get to do it. :( Looking forward to seeing the blankets. :goodvibes

I had to break down and buy the instructions for the skirt. I was having some, ahem, issues getting it gathered correctly. But now I know what I was doing wrong and after we finish these blankets I will be back to sewing! :thumbsup2

I didn't realize that GAD has almost hit its mark. I am going to look in my area and see if there is anything left. I want to see pictures of the quilt. I am glad you will get FP's. That does take off a lot of the pressure.:thumbsup2

I suspect they will extend it. It's just a win-win for everyone and they are getting some great publicity out of it. Are you planning another trip soon? :rolleyes1

i thought i subscribed to your PTR but I guess I didn't! Well, I'm here!! popcorn:: going back to catch up!!

You are very good at sewing! Soooo cute the dresses! And your bella is sooo cute also! We will be leaving May 3...so we may bump into you at Evening EMH on may 2nd at MK!!

Thank you! Seems a lot of us will be at EMH that night! :goodvibes

Project Linus sounds like a good fit. My friend Missy (mommytothreeboys) is doing that one too. Hope we get to see pictures!

For sure! As soon as we finish!

Congrats on finding a GAD event. There's some great threads on the budget board about the Project Linus GAD. People are posting pics of their blankets. Looks like a great project Kayce! :thumbsup2

I will need to go and find those! We are having fun with it. It's neat to think about the kids that will get them...hopefully it will help spread a little joy.

Kayce you did an awesome job on the tees, pillowcase dress and sun dress. Bella is such a cutie...sounds like you guys have a wonderful family group travleing to Disney.

All your ADR's and park plans look very well planned! I agree with another poster about sounds dangerous (if it is playing I would not rush to see it; from what I remember it is a good show to get out of the heat and enjoy the air and rest--but not very exciting).

Well, sorry I joined in so late but here until we both get back...looking forward to sharing more

Happy planning!

Glad you are here, Connie! It will be fun to plan and also to relive the memories when we both get back! :goodvibes

Do you sew the blanket for GAD? :scared1::lmao: That would be dangerous for my family. Have fun and don't forget to post pics.

No, we are doing the no-sew ones. Project Linus sent directions. They are fairly easy to make. Bella couldn't really do much but the boys were able to help a lot. I even had them using the rotary cutter (like a pizza cutter for fabric). It was fun!

kcandbella
03-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Just had to do a little happy dance: As of last night we are
PAID IN FULL!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

elizablake
03-09-2010, 07:13 AM
PAID IN FULL!

Cory's Gal
03-09-2010, 07:14 AM
PAID IN FULL!

:cool1::cool1::banana::banana:YEAH!!! That is the best feeling to be all paid up!!!:cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

LOVED the Princess Tiana dress too Kayce!! Bella looked so cute and proud in it!! I am sure she loves all the things her Mama makes for her!!:thumbsup2

Looking forward to seeing your blankets too!!

SoonerGirl
03-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Yay for being paid in full!!!! :woohoo:

I gave my TA the green light to pay mine off the other day too :yay:

jenniferkeala808
03-09-2010, 08:32 AM

a few more dancing bananas for you!! wooohooo! Don't you just love that feeling!! Almost there!

longing2Batdisney
03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
:woohoo:to being paid in full:woohoo:
Danny and I were discussing this morning what we had left to pay
probably going to finish that list off this weekend!

gallmcduck
03-09-2010, 03:07 PM
:dance3::dance3: to being paid in full, what a feeling when that is done. Not long now :cool1:

Charlefours
03-10-2010, 05:35 PM
:woohoo: for being paid in full!!! :woohoo: I am looking forward to being able to say that!!

pocahontasgal87
03-10-2010, 08:27 PM
well i shall join in the dancing as well:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: wooo! now ill definitely be dancing with the characters

PrincessInOz
03-11-2010, 02:20 AM
PAID IN FULL!

HIP HIP HOORAY!! Congratulations!:thumbsup2

wlwilliams9
03-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi Kayce and Bella! I'm a little late to the party, but I'm hear and can't wait to read more!

Our wedding anniversary is May 10th so we are usually at Disney during that time, but we just had a baby in Jan. (our Disney souvenir from last May ;)) so we've decided to wait until Dec. this year. I'm really wishing we would have just planned for May again as the time gets closer, but I know it will be easier at Disney with a 11 mo old instead of a 4 mo old! Anyway, early May is a great time to be at Disney. The weather is beautiful, the F&G Festival at Epcot is gorgeous and the crowds are very manageable!

Your plans sound great so far and your custom tees and dresses are amazing! I might have to get my sewing machine back from my sister so I can try making something for my DDs!!

I hope you'll be writing a TR when you return so I can live vicariously through you this May!:laughing:

leamom2princesses
03-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Congrats on being paid in full Kayce!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

kcandbella
03-11-2010, 09:09 PM
:banana::::banana:

:cool1::banana::banana:YEAH!!! That is the best feeling to be all paid up!!!::banana:

LOVED the Princess Tiana dress too Kayce!! Bella looked so cute and proud in it!! I am sure she loves all the things her Mama makes for her!!:thumbsup2

Looking forward to seeing your blankets too!!

Yay for being paid in full!!!! :woohoo:

I gave my TA the green light to pay mine off the other day too :yay:

:banana::banana:

a few more dancing bananas for you!! wooohooo! Don't you just love that feeling!! Almost there!

:dancer: :dancer:
:woohoo:to being paid in full:woohoo:
Danny and I were discussing this morning what we had left to pay
probably going to finish that list off this weekend!

:dance3: to being paid in full, what a feeling when that is done. Not long now :cool1:

:woohoo: for being paid in full!!! I am looking forward to being able to say that!!

well i shall join in the dancing as well wooo! now ill definitely be dancing with the characters

HIP HIP HOORAY!! Congratulations!:thumbsup2

Congrats on being paid in full Kayce!!

Thanks so much for partying with me, everyone! It is soooo exciting to know that we are under two months and all paid up!

kcandbella
03-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi Kayce and Bella! I'm a little late to the party, but I'm hear and can't wait to read more!

Our wedding anniversary is May 10th so we are usually at Disney during that time, but we just had a baby in Jan. (our Disney souvenir from last May ;)) so we've decided to wait until Dec. this year. I'm really wishing we would have just planned for May again as the time gets closer, but I know it will be easier at Disney with a 11 mo old instead of a 4 mo old! Anyway, early May is a great time to be at Disney. The weather is beautiful, the F&G Festival at Epcot is gorgeous and the crowds are very manageable!

Your plans sound great so far and your custom tees and dresses are amazing! I might have to get my sewing machine back from my sister so I can try making something for my DDs!!

I hope you'll be writing a TR when you return so I can live vicariously through you this May!:laughing:

Welcome and thanks! I will be writing a TR for sure. I wish you were going in May too so you could be part of our DIS-meet! Congrats on your new arrival, though! :goodvibes I will live vicariously through yours later on...I REALLY want to go at Christmas sometime. Sewing is a new addiction of mine, once all these blankets are done I will be back to it for sure! :thumbsup2

kcandbella
03-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Well, we registered and made it in just in time! I can't believe they closed the program, though I would not be surprised at all if they reopen it. It's just such a win-win for all. I promise I will post pics of the blankets when they are all finished! We have been working a little each night. I've got pics of the kids working, but I want to get one of them with all the blankets when we finish. There is only one left!!! :woohoo: So not much longer!

kschafer
03-12-2010, 06:42 AM
I missed your news about being all paid...:cool1:

Glad to hear you squeezed in just in time. I can't believe they have closed the GAD program already! I am surprised they didn't extend it. Think about how much this has encouraged people to help!

leamom2princesses
03-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Glad you were able to squeak in the GAD. :goodvibes Can't wait to see pics of your blankets. I bet they're cute. :)

BippityBoo
03-15-2010, 09:54 PM
YAYYY for paid in full!!! :cool1: That is so exciting!

I just signed up for a GAD when I saw that they were running out of time. I am confused as to what I should do. Because we are not going on a traditional Dec trip, we are only buying 3 days of park tickets. After doing the math, we will save $200 if we use the free ticket day and then just buy two days of tickets instead. Then, my travel agent told me about the fastpasses. What do you suggest I do? I do not know much about the program, but just jumped on board before it was too late!! How many fastpasses do you get for each day??

I can not wait to see the blankets. I am sure they are going to be so cute! Soooo nice that your DD is helping out. I love that you can get so much from doing such a good thing :goodvibes

jenniferkeala808
03-16-2010, 06:43 AM
so...we may "bump" into each other after all...I may be extending our trip and leaving on May6th instead! We shall see! I'll let you know!!

kcandbella
03-16-2010, 07:16 AM
I missed your news about being all paid...:cool1:

Glad to hear you squeezed in just in time. I can't believe they have closed the GAD program already! I am surprised they didn't extend it. Think about how much this has encouraged people to help!

Thanks! I still think an extension may be in the works. It's a great program.
Win-win!!!

Glad you were able to squeak in the GAD. :goodvibes Can't wait to see pics of your blankets. I bet they're cute. :)

I think they are of course! :thumbsup2 I'm still waiting to get one back from my sister. She has been taking forever! :rolleyes1

kcandbella
03-16-2010, 07:21 AM
YAYYY for paid in full!!! :cool1: That is so exciting!

I just signed up for a GAD when I saw that they were running out of time. I am confused as to what I should do. Because we are not going on a traditional Dec trip, we are only buying 3 days of park tickets. After doing the math, we will save $200 if we use the free ticket day and then just buy two days of tickets instead. Then, my travel agent told me about the fastpasses. What do you suggest I do? I do not know much about the program, but just jumped on board before it was too late!! How many fastpasses do you get for each day??

I can not wait to see the blankets. I am sure they are going to be so cute! Soooo nice that your DD is helping out. I love that you can get so much from doing such a good thing :goodvibes

I'm glad you are back Katie! We missed you! :goodvibes Hmm, thats a tricky one. Saving that much money would be nice. We are on the DDP so buying day tickets and upgrading really wasn't an option for us. With the fastpasses, you get a voucher for each person that volunteers, and each one is good for up to 6 people. So even if you only had 1 voucher, up to 6 (and some people have reported up to even 8 if all were present) people in your party would get the fastpass. Each FP is good for up to 6 rides, 3 from a "Donald" (e-ticket) group and 3 from a "Daisy" (not as popular) group. So each day we are there, we are using one voucher for 6 (or hopefully 8 if they will do it) FPs for each person to ride 6 rides. Is that as clear as mud? :rotfl: The good thing about the FPs is they have an immediate return time and even when the regular ones are gone, you can still get them if you ask a CM. If it were an option of saving that much money, we probably would have done that unless it were a busier time of year that we were going. I hope that helps a little! There is a very useful thread on the GAD forum (under Theme Park Attractions and Strategies) that may be able to answer any more questions!

Where are you volunteering?

kcandbella
03-16-2010, 07:22 AM
so...we may "bump" into each other after all...I may be extending our trip and leaving on May6th instead! We shall see! I'll let you know!!

I just replied on your PTR! Very exciting news! :thumbsup2

kcandbella
03-16-2010, 09:47 PM
The blankets are finally finished! I need to pack them tomorrow and print some of these pics to send in with them (they asked us to in the instructions). Then I hope to mail them Thursday or Friday! :woohoo:

Here are some pics:
The boys working hard
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1410.jpg

Jaeden with the rotary cutter
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1411.jpg

Noah tying knots
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1412.jpg

Bella ripping the tape off
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1413.jpg

The kiddos tying (Bella tried really hard lol)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1416.jpg

The finished product!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1418.jpg

Quality assurance purposes
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1420.jpg

A better look at some of the blankets
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1421.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1422.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1423.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1425.jpg

leamom2princesses
03-16-2010, 11:09 PM
The blankets turned out great Kayce! Sooo cute!

longing2Batdisney
03-17-2010, 05:26 AM
Kayce looks like the kids have a lot of fun working on the blankets. The blankets are very cute love the colors.

elizablake
03-17-2010, 07:34 AM
The blankets look great. Thanks for posting pics, I was curious.

Charlefours
03-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Great blankets!! I contacted Project Linus and I want to start making blankets for them as I can. :thumbsup2

PrincessInOz
03-18-2010, 01:17 AM
I love the blankets. They look fantastic! Congratulations.

BippityBoo
03-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Your blankets are AWESOME! You are so talented. I wish we had a volunteer opportunity as creative as yours. We are volunteering at a charity walk here in town from 7-1. We will be handing out water, tshirts, etc. GREAT job :thumbsup2

PS: Did you get the email with the pin codes for resort stays? It was offered to me b/c of my volunteering through the GAD program. It was only 30% off on the Deluxe. Maybe b/c they are giving us free park tickets too :confused3

SoonerGirl
03-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Love the blankets! We made some like that for Jared's football team year before last. They had the team name and then the player's number on them, were red fleece on one side and black fleece on the other - they are very cozy!!

carissanboys
03-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Awesome job on the blankets! I love tied-fleece blankets! They are so warm and cozy. :goodvibes I've made some for gifts and I made myself one last year.

dismagiclover
03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Finally made it over here! I haven't read through the whole report, but from what I've read the plans look great and you are going to have a blast! We did blankets for GAD too. I was excited because it will save us a pretty penny towards our Annual Passes:banana: You are closing in on a month! That is so exciting:woohoo:

Cory's Gal
03-19-2010, 02:43 PM
The blankets look fantastic Kayce! The children who get them will be so happy! What great patterns! Glad you were able to get them in on time!!

kangaand2roos
03-20-2010, 03:37 AM
The blankets are finally finished! I need to pack them tomorrow and print some of these pics to send in with them (they asked us to in the instructions). Then I hope to mail them Thursday or Friday! :woohoo:

Here are some pics:
The boys working hard
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1410.jpg

Jaeden with the rotary cutter
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1411.jpg

Noah tying knots
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1412.jpg

Bella ripping the tape off
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1413.jpg

The kiddos tying (Bella tried really hard lol)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1416.jpg

The finished product!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1418.jpg

Quality assurance purposes
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1420.jpg

A better look at some of the blankets
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1421.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1422.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1423.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/IMG_1425.jpg

I love the blankets! We just mailed ours in for gad gad. I had so much fun making them! I may just make more and send them in just because I liked the project!!

kcandbella
03-20-2010, 09:16 AM
The blankets turned out great Kayce! Sooo cute!

Kayce looks like the kids have a lot of fun working on the blankets. The blankets are very cute love the colors.

The blankets look great. Thanks for posting pics, I was curious.

Great blankets!! I contacted Project Linus and I want to start making blankets for them as I can. :thumbsup2

I love the blankets. They look fantastic! Congratulations.

Your blankets are AWESOME! You are so talented. I wish we had a volunteer opportunity as creative as yours. We are volunteering at a charity walk here in town from 7-1. We will be handing out water, tshirts, etc. GREAT job :thumbsup2

PS: Did you get the email with the pin codes for resort stays? It was offered to me b/c of my volunteering through the GAD program. It was only 30% off on the Deluxe. Maybe b/c they are giving us free park tickets too :confused3

Love the blankets! We made some like that for Jared's football team year before last. They had the team name and then the player's number on them, were red fleece on one side and black fleece on the other - they are very cozy!!

Awesome job on the blankets! I love tied-fleece blankets! They are so warm and cozy. :goodvibes I've made some for gifts and I made myself one last year.

Finally made it over here! I haven't read through the whole report, but from what I've read the plans look great and you are going to have a blast! We did blankets for GAD too. I was excited because it will save us a pretty penny towards our Annual Passes:banana: You are closing in on a month! That is so exciting:woohoo:

The blankets look fantastic Kayce! The children who get them will be so happy! What great patterns! Glad you were able to get them in on time!!

I love the blankets! We just mailed ours in for gad gad. I had so much fun making them! I may just make more and send them in just because I liked the project!!

Thanks everyone! We had fun making them. They are all packed up and ready to be taken to the post office on Monday. This may be a project we continue in the future since it was so easy and fun to do. It will have to wait until after the trip, though. There is so much to do before then!

kcandbella
03-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Just had to do a small happy dance. The crowd calendar on Touring Plans had said some fives, sixes, and a seven or two. I haven't checked it in a while and I know its not 100% reliable, but now it has ALL 4's and 5's!!! :cool1:

kcandbella
03-21-2010, 01:04 PM
:dancer:party::jumping1::banana::woohoo::dance3:
:dance3::cheer2:

dismagiclover
03-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm joining in the party:yay::yay::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::wooh oo::yay::cool1::banana::cheer2::cheer2:

gallmcduck
03-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Yeh six weeks :banana::banana::banana: :cool1::cool1::cool1: :dance3::dance3::dance3: :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I'm a bit behind with my reading so missed your blankets. They look awesome well done :yay: They'll be so well received.

smithpack
03-23-2010, 06:15 AM
Love the pictures of the kids making the blankets. You did a wonderful job!! I am excited that your trip is coming up so soon. I can't wait to hear about it!:dance3::dance3:

Charlefours
03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
hard to believe you only have six weeks until you go!! party: how is the sewing going?

kcandbella
03-26-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm joining in the party:yay::yay::banana::banana::cool1::cool1::wooh oo::yay::cool1::banana::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks!!!! I'm so excited!!!

Yeh six weeks :banana::banana::banana: :cool1::cool1::cool1: :dance3::dance3::dance3: :cheer2:

I'm a bit behind with my reading so missed your blankets. They look awesome well done :yay: They'll be so well received.

Thank you! It was a great project for the whole family!

Love the pictures of the kids making the blankets. You did a wonderful job!! I am excited that your trip is coming up so soon. I can't wait to hear about it!:dance3::dance3:

Thanks! I am excited too!!! Your PTR has me even more excited to go at that time of year!!!

hard to believe you only have six weeks until you go!! party: how is the sewing going?

I know! When we booked it was over 200 days. Now its down to 37! The sewing is going well. I finally finished her patchwork twirl. I will post pics sometime soon!

kcandbella
03-26-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't have pics yet, but thought I would pop in and give some quick updates. This week has been busy so I haven't been on the DIS as much. We had our spring musical (K-1st grade) at school, and it is a TON of work, but it turned out so cute.

Anyway, my mom called today and told me that our MICKEY MAIL arrived!!! :banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo: We got our luggage tags and ME things!!! It's becoming more real!

Second, I did two countdown calendars. The first one was for the boys at their house, it is a chain with a number on one side and a Disney fact on the other. They loved it. I also finished Bella's but I used an old school calendar that only had 35 spots on it so we can't start until Sunday. I put a pic of a different Disney character on each day and covered it with a Mickey head paint sample with the number on it. She hasn't seen the characters, so each day when she pulls the number off, it will be a surprise who is under it! I can't wait to start it with her!

And a funny story...I was discussing some touring things with my mom, and she looked at me and said, "We are going to have some time to go slow, look around, and just relax, right? Because I kind of have you pictured in a visor with a clipboard, a stopwatch, and a whistle yelling, 'Let's move it, move it, MOVE IT!" :lmao: I told her no, I have a basic plan in mind but we won't be on a complete time crunch or anything...and we can deviate from the plan if we want to!!! I guess I should leave my whistle at home! :rotfl2:

cdotla
03-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Whew! All caught up!

Great job on the blankets! We did those too!

I can't believe how close we are getting either!!!:banana:

And too funny about your mom and the stop watch and whistle!:rotfl: I guess us obsessive planner can give off the wrong impression, can't we?:laughing:

BippityBoo
03-26-2010, 10:15 PM
:lmao: Your mother better get ready girl! A DISer in Disney World is like a head coach in the Super Bowl ;)

I am so happy that you got your Mickey Mail! It is the best feeling to know you are so close!

PrincessInOz
03-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Kayce!!! 5 weeks til I'm on a plane; which means we'll see you at POR in about 40 days! WOO HOO!:cool1::cool1:

I'm leaving my whistle behind too. :)

jenniferkeala808
03-27-2010, 05:03 AM
hey!! our trips are coming up fast huh?! I'm so glad you got your mickey mail!!! I got mine in also! Isn't it so exciting?! It just makes it that much more real!!!! Can't wait to see some pics!!

SoonerGirl
03-27-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm trying to contain my excitement when I talk to Mom so that she doesn't get the same idea about out me! :lmao:

dismagiclover
03-27-2010, 09:07 AM
I like the idea of the visor, whistle and stopwatch. I think I'll try it my next trip. Definitely would help out at rope drop;)

taymorel
03-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Love reading your PTR. You have given me some great ideas with my planning. Hope you have a great time. :goodvibes

caroline

http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/m18sqmk7qu8no725.png (http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/)

leamom2princesses
03-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Too funny about your Mom, Kayce! My Mom probably thinks the same as me. :lmao: Can't wait to see pics of your countdown calendars. :)

carissanboys
03-28-2010, 07:32 AM
:rotfl: I know that's how my parents felt on our first trip. :rolleyes1 I felt a lot of pressure to get as much done as we could after rope drop. The next two trips, I was a bit more relaxed. ;)

I hope we get to see pictures of the countdown calendars!

kschafer
03-28-2010, 07:39 AM
clipboard and whistle!! :rotfl2: Our family trip in 2008 earned me the nickname "Julie the cruise director" (all in fun truly!)

I'm so jealous that everyone else going that week seems to be getting their Mickey Mail! Since I booked through a TA, I'm guessing mine will take another few days since they go through her first

I just saw your comment about touring plans crowd calendar. I'm going to have to check it out this week, I am not currently subscribed so I have to wait until 1 month to check again. Luckily, that is coming VERY SOON!!!!! :yay:

kcandbella
03-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Whew! All caught up!

Great job on the blankets! We did those too!

I can't believe how close we are getting either!!!

And too funny about your mom and the stop watch and whistle!:rotfl: I guess us obsessive planner can give off the wrong impression, can't we?:laughing:

Thank you! They all think I'm crazy for being so obsessive!! ;)

:lmao: Your mother better get ready girl! A DISer in Disney World is like a head coach in the Super Bowl ;)

I am so happy that you got your Mickey Mail! It is the best feeling to know you are so close!

I know right?!?! We have a lot to do and only 7 days to do it all! :lmao:

hey!! our trips are coming up fast huh?! I'm so glad you got your mickey mail!!! I got mine in also! Isn't it so exciting?! It just makes it that much more real!!!! Can't wait to see some pics!!

Yes it does! I can't wait! :goodvibes

I'm trying to contain my excitement when I talk to Mom so that she doesn't get the same idea about out me!

They just don't understand why we get like we do...I told her they would be thanking me when we didn't have to wait in long lines all the time! :thumbsup2

I like the idea of the visor, whistle and stopwatch. I think I'll try it my next trip. Definitely would help out at rope drop;)

Yes it would! I think it would definitely scare people out of our way!! :rotfl:

Love reading your PTR. You have given me some great ideas with my planning. Hope you have a great time. :goodvibes

caroline

http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/m18sqmk7qu8no725.png (http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/)

Welcome! Thanks for reading! Glad you could get some ideas! :goodvibes

Too funny about your Mom, Kayce! My Mom probably thinks the same as me. :lmao: Can't wait to see pics of your countdown calendars. :)

That's why I love the DIS--at least there are people out there who understand! :yay: Pics coming soon!

:rotfl: I know that's how my parents felt on our first trip. :rolleyes1 I felt a lot of pressure to get as much done as we could after rope drop. The next two trips, I was a bit more relaxed. ;)

I hope we get to see pictures of the countdown calendars!

I hope we can find that perfect combination of getting stuff done without rushing too much and feeling too much pressure. I do want to relax somewhat! :goodvibes

clipboard and whistle!! :rotfl2: Our family trip in 2008 earned me the nickname "Julie the cruise director" (all in fun truly!)

I'm so jealous that everyone else going that week seems to be getting their Mickey Mail! Since I booked through a TA, I'm guessing mine will take another few days since they go through her first

I just saw your comment about touring plans crowd calendar. I'm going to have to check it out this week, I am not currently subscribed so I have to wait until 1 month to check again. Luckily, that is coming VERY SOON!!!!! :yay:

Haha, Julie the cruise director, I love it! :rotfl2: You will get your Mickey Mail soon, I'm sure. We did not use a TA so that very well may be it. I have been checking every few days and it still looks like almost all 4's and 5's with maybe a 6 thrown in on the weekend. :woohoo: And it will be within one month VERY soon!!! :dance3:

lbuzz52
03-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Just found your ptr. Everything looks great and your dd Is a cutie!!
We may make our next trip for the same time you at going so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes for you guys! Our last trip was a group similar to yours.
Do you search your target deals online or just happen into them?

kcandbella
03-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Just found your ptr. Everything looks great and your dd Is a cutie!!
We may make our next trip for the same time you at going so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes for you guys! Our last trip was a group similar to yours.
Do you search your target deals online or just happen into them?

Thanks for joining in! I just happened to find them. I am at Target WAAAY too often, so I find a lot of good deals there! :rotfl:

Off to check out your TR!

longing2Batdisney
03-28-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't have pics yet, but thought I would pop in and give some quick updates. This week has been busy so I haven't been on the DIS as much. We had our spring musical (K-1st grade) at school, and it is a TON of work, but it turned out so cute.

Anyway, my mom called today and told me that our MICKEY MAIL arrived!!! :banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo: We got our luggage tags and ME things!!! It's becoming more real!

Second, I did two countdown calendars. The first one was for the boys at their house, it is a chain with a number on one side and a Disney fact on the other. They loved it. I also finished Bella's but I used an old school calendar that only had 35 spots on it so we can't start until Sunday. I put a pic of a different Disney character on each day and covered it with a Mickey head paint sample with the number on it. She hasn't seen the characters, so each day when she pulls the number off, it will be a surprise who is under it! I can't wait to start it with her!

And a funny story...I was discussing some touring things with my mom, and she looked at me and said, "We are going to have some time to go slow, look around, and just relax, right? Because I kind of have you pictured in a visor with a clipboard, a stopwatch, and a whistle yelling, 'Let's move it, move it, MOVE IT!" :lmao: I told her no, I have a basic plan in mind but we won't be on a complete time crunch or anything...and we can deviate from the plan if we want to!!! I guess I should leave my whistle at home! :rotfl2:

Happy to hear you guys received your Mickey Mail...I don't how that one feels since I do room only. But, I love getting the travel plans they send me by email! :mickeyjum

Great idea on the countdown calendar:thumbsup2; we just started to uncover the MK map so Ashton is getting excited although I don't think he is relating the two.

:rotfl2:I love your mom's reaction! to the plans:rotfl:
that is exactly how my family describe me on any trip we go on!
several years ago when we went to Dollywood I had my hands full with a nursing baby and did not lead them...well, by lunch they were lost and making fun of me from the past and than my sister finally said over lunch
"here is the map, can you please give us a game plan":rotfl2::rotfl2:

:mickeyjum :donald: here's to starting your countdown calendar today!

kcandbella
03-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Happy to hear you guys received your Mickey Mail...I don't how that one feels since I do room only. But, I love getting the travel plans they send me by email! :mickeyjum

Great idea on the countdown calendar:thumbsup2; we just started to uncover the MK map so Ashton is getting excited although I don't think he is relating the two.

:rotfl2:I love your mom's reaction! to the plans:rotfl:
that is exactly how my family describe me on any trip we go on!
several years ago when we went to Dollywood I had my hands full with a nursing baby and did not lead them...well, by lunch they were lost and making fun of me from the past and than my sister finally said over lunch
"here is the map, can you please give us a game plan":rotfl2::rotfl2:

:mickeyjum :donald: here's to starting your countdown calendar today!

I think my family will understand how nice it is to have a game plan once we start touring! Maybe then they will think I am less crazy! But probably not...:rotfl:

kcandbella
03-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Here is our countdown calendar:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1217.jpg

I can't WAIT until we get here:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1218.jpg

Taking the first one off:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1220.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1221.jpg

And it was...Snow White!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1222.jpg

Mickey Mail!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1223.jpg

And finally...the patchwork twirl skirt I made!!! She will wear it with the white tee shirt that has a black Mickey head, red letters with her name, and the red bow (that I posted earlier):
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1224.jpg

It is hard to see in the pics, but my favorite fabric is this red one that has a little bit darker red Mickey silhouettes:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/kmand965/100_1231.jpg

34 days and counting!!!! :dance3:

SoonerGirl
03-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Your countdown calendar is very cute, but I LOVE that skirt! Bella is going to look adorable in it :thumbsup2

dismagiclover
03-30-2010, 06:50 AM
:woohoo: Let the countdown begin! And I love the skirt. Can't wait to see the pictures of your DD in it:goodvibes

littlelovebug
03-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Just had to do a small happy dance. The crowd calendar on Touring Plans had said some fives, sixes, and a seven or two. I haven't checked it in a while and I know its not 100% reliable, but now it has ALL 4's and 5's!!! :cool1:

I'm so glad I read this...I went over to Touring Plans and checked our dates. Our crowd levels have all gone down too! Only one seven and the rest are fours and fives!!! :yay:

carissanboys
03-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Yay for the "stolen" Home Depot Mickey Head countdown calendar! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

That skirt is awesome!! Love it!!! :thumbsup2

littlelovebug
03-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Oh my! I absolutely LOVE that skirt, and it will be PERFECT with the shirt! I'd love to make one, but I'm so bad at sewing. I actually sewed the snap on Jilly's shirt upside down and had to cut it off and then sew it back on...:rotfl:

Cory's Gal
03-30-2010, 08:01 AM
That twirl skirt is adorable Kayce!! LOVE the countdown calendar too!! It looks like Bella is enjoying it already!! My kiddos go crazy about ours!! I think the first day of your trip before you head to the parks, take out a whistle and clipboard...:rotfl2:

lbuzz52
03-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks for joining in! I just happened to find them. I am at Target WAAAY too often, so I find a lot of good deals there! :rotfl:

Off to check out your TR!

me too with traget- i used to have this site where i would go to see what deals everyone was finding- but then i was going way more frequently, more than cancelling out the savings on the bargains i was finding. now i only go online to print my target coupons and dont read the threads LOL.

I think my family will understand how nice it is to have a game plan once we start touring! Maybe then they will think I am less crazy! But probably not...:rotfl:

well, i don't know about less crazy......:lmao:
but i bet they will definetely appreciate the work you've done towards making this a great trip.

by the way, that skirt is awesome! was it hard? i broke my sewing machine threading the needle- but my mom is pretty good.

gallmcduck
03-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Your countdown chart is ace, really exiciting that you have started to take the days off :goodvibes Skirt looks excellant and will be fab with the shirt, well done :thumbsup2 whistle and clipboard is sooooooo funny :rotfl2:

longing2Batdisney
03-30-2010, 03:51 PM
great countdown calendar, Kayce! and awesome skirt!!! sometimes I wish I had another little girl...
BTW: I love Beth's idea of the whistle and clipboard :rotfl2: but you would have to have a camera too to get their puzzled faces :rotfl:
Have a great day!
its almost time for the pixiedust:

cdotla
03-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Awesome job on the twirl skirt! Can't wait to see your DD in it!

And I love your countdown calendar as well! Almost under a month now! :goodvibes

So glad you posted about the 4's and 5's during our trip!:banana: I have been nervous that all of these GAD FP's are actually going to mess things up for touring, but if crowds are a 4's and 5's it shouldn't be so bad afterall!:)

kcandbella
03-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Your countdown calendar is very cute, but I LOVE that skirt! Bella is going to look adorable in it :thumbsup2

Thanks! You might even actually get to see her in it! Wouldn't that be cool!!! :thumbsup2

:woohoo: Let the countdown begin! And I love the skirt. Can't wait to see the pictures of your DD in it:goodvibes

Thanks! She wears it all around the house and jumps and twirls. I fear I may be raising a Diva! :laughing:

I'm so glad I read this...I went over to Touring Plans and checked our dates. Our crowd levels have all gone down too! Only one seven and the rest are fours and fives!!! :yay:

:woohoo:For low crowds!:woohoo: I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

kcandbella
03-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Yay for the "stolen" Home Depot Mickey Head countdown calendar! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

That skirt is awesome!! Love it!!! :thumbsup2

Gotta love Mickey paint samples! I have saved some lime green ones...now just need to decide how/where to put them in the parks!

Oh my! I absolutely LOVE that skirt, and it will be PERFECT with the shirt! I'd love to make one, but I'm so bad at sewing. I actually sewed the snap on Jilly's shirt upside down and had to cut it off and then sew it back on...:rotfl:

Thank you! That is funny about the snap. I have taught myself since about November. I have spent a lot of hours watching You Tube videos!

That twirl skirt is adorable Kayce!! LOVE the countdown calendar too!! It looks like Bella is enjoying it already!! My kiddos go crazy about ours!! I think the first day of your trip before you head to the parks, take out a whistle and clipboard...:rotfl2:

Hahahaha!!! Great idea-I may have to do this! They would think it was hilarious! :lmao:

me too with traget- i used to have this site where i would go to see what deals everyone was finding- but then i was going way more frequently, more than cancelling out the savings on the bargains i was finding. now i only go online to print my target coupons and dont read the threads LOL.

well, i don't know about less crazy......:lmao:
but i bet they will definetely appreciate the work you've done towards making this a great trip.

by the way, that skirt is awesome! was it hard? i broke my sewing machine threading the needle- but my mom is pretty good.

I used to be huge into couponing too, and on a bunch of forums for it. I don't have as much time so I've slowed down, but I need to start again. I saved sooo much money.

It wasn't so much hard as time consuming. The bottom layer (the smaller ruffle) was especially so because it was over 25 feet long when pieced and then I had to gather it and it was a double layer when folded over. I got the pattern/directions from youcanmakethis.com. I am in love :lovestruc with CarlaC's patterns...but my wallet isn't! :rotfl:

Your countdown chart is ace, really exiciting that you have started to take the days off :goodvibes Skirt looks excellant and will be fab with the shirt, well done :thumbsup2 whistle and clipboard is sooooooo funny :rotfl2:

Yes, it seems like the days are flying by, and I hope they continue to do so! Thanks for the compliment on the skirt! :goodvibes

great countdown calendar, Kayce! and awesome skirt!!! sometimes I wish I had another little girl...
BTW: I love Beth's idea of the whistle and clipboard :rotfl2: but you would have to have a camera too to get their puzzled faces :rotfl:
Have a great day!
its almost time for the pixiedust:

I don't think anything like that would shock them at this point! :lmao: It would be pretty funny, though. I may just have to work on it...

Girls are too much fun!!! I think I'm spending way more than I'm saving by sewing clothes, though!

Awesome job on the twirl skirt! Can't wait to see your DD in it!

And I love your countdown calendar as well! Almost under a month now! :goodvibes

So glad you posted about the 4's and 5's during our trip!:banana: I have been nervous that all of these GAD FP's are actually going to mess things up for touring, but if crowds are a 4's and 5's it shouldn't be so bad afterall!:)

Thanks! I can't believe we will be leaving so soon! Pixie dust for low crowds...:wizard: I don't think there will be enough people in one park at one time with GAD FPs to mess up touring plans. I hope not anyway! But you're right, if crowds are low enough, it won't matter either way!

kcandbella
04-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I am a half hour early, but I just have to do the:
ONE MONTH DANCE!!!!

party:party:party:
:dancer::dancer::dancer:
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

dismagiclover
04-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Congrats! You were actually 24 minutes late by my time;)

Cinderella16
04-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi! I am just joining in and I love your plans so far!!

Our trips will be overlapping...we are going May 1 - May 8 and staying at WL. We are also eating at many of the same places, but on different days. I guess great minds think alike. :rotfl:

I love the countdown calendar and your princess is just adorable!!

Cannot wait to hear more!!

longing2Batdisney
04-02-2010, 10:33 AM
party: party: one month!!!! party: party:
how exciting!!!

BippityBoo
04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
WOW! Only one more month to go!! I am sure you are so excited :yay:

All caught up with your PTR. LOVE the skirt you made! You are so good at sewing! Your countdown calendar is sooo fun! :goodvibes

Cory's Gal
04-02-2010, 01:39 PM
YEAH!!!!!!! ONE MONTH DANCE!!!:banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo::cheer2::c heer2::yay::yay:

Lovemy3babes
04-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Just joining in here too. Your daughter is adorable! I think May would be a beautiful time for a visit to the World! :)

PrincessInOz
04-03-2010, 03:52 AM
:rockband::dancer:party::jumping1:

One month to go !!! POR here we come. princess::upsidedow

leamom2princesses
04-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Very cute skirt Kayce; Bella is going to be so cute in it!! Cute countdown calendar as well! Everything turned out great!!!! Your trip is only a few weeks away now. :banana::banana::banana:

kcandbella
04-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Congrats! You were actually 24 minutes late by my time;)

I like your time! It means less hours til Disney! :thumbsup2

Hi! I am just joining in and I love your plans so far!!

Our trips will be overlapping...we are going May 1 - May 8 and staying at WL. We are also eating at many of the same places, but on different days. I guess great minds think alike. :rotfl:

I love the countdown calendar and your princess is just adorable!!

Cannot wait to hear more!!

WL looks awesome! Even though we are not eating at the same times, we may still cross paths somewhere along the line! Have you heard about the DIS-meet (Tequila Bar in Epcot the 5th at noon)? You should join us if you can, it's looking like a lot of DIS-ers may be there!

party: party: one month!!!! party: party:
how exciting!!!

Thanks for partying with me!

WOW! Only one more month to go!! I am sure you are so excited :yay:

All caught up with your PTR. LOVE the skirt you made! You are so good at sewing! Your countdown calendar is sooo fun! :goodvibes

I can't even describe how excited I am! I just want to GOOO! Not much longer! :rolleyes1

YEAH!!!!!!! ONE MONTH DANCE!!!:banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo::cheer2::c heer2::yay::yay:

Woo hoo!! :cool1: And even less for you...getting so close!

pocahontasgal87
04-03-2010, 05:51 PM
I am a half hour early, but I just have to do the:
ONE MONTH DANCE!!!!

party:party:party:
:dancer::dancer::dancer:
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! isnt it just exciting!!!, 4 weeks today until we arrive at CBR!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

kcandbella
04-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Just joining in here too. Your daughter is adorable! I think May would be a beautiful time for a visit to the World! :)

I sure hope so! Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes I will have to check out your TR.

:rockband::dancer:party::jumping1:

One month to go !!! POR here we come. princess::upsidedow

Getting so close! Are you faxing a room request in? When are you going to do that? I am, but can't decide when would be the best time!

Very cute skirt Kayce; Bella is going to be so cute in it!! Cute countdown calendar as well! Everything turned out great!!!! Your trip is only a few weeks away now. :banana::banana::banana:

Thank you! She loves it. I just finished another one, stripwork this time, with zebra print for AK. I am still waiting to see pics of what you have done! ;)

PrincessInOz
04-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Getting so close! Are you faxing a room request in? When are you going to do that? I am, but can't decide when would be the best time!

I don't know....I had listed AB, quiet room, near facilities, building 14,15 or 18 in my request. I wasn't sure if I needed to put in another request reminder? What are you going to do?

leamom2princesses
04-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Happy Easter!!

:flower3::sunny::daisy::butterfly:flower1:

kcandbella
04-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Happy Easter!!

:flower3::sunny::daisy::butterfly:flower1:

Thank you! Same to you and your family! :goodvibes

kcandbella
04-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a very