PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin teacher rate?

TinkGirl
12-27-2009, 07:45 PM
To get a better price on a flight, we may be traveling the day before our BLT vacation starts. Does anyone know if the Swan/Dolphin still has teacher discounts? Does ME go here, and will they change your luggage even though they are not official Disney resorts? We are a family of 5, so our only option that is not deluxe is POR (why we bought into DVC in the first place).

Chic
12-27-2009, 09:09 PM
The Swan & Dolphin still offers teacher discount rates. Usually, better discounts are offered if you book 4 to 8 weeks before arrival. I'm not sure about Magical Express but my guess is that it is not available since this isn't a Disney hotel. I do remember that the Dining Plan is not available at the Swan & Dolphin. Are you an Annual Passholder? If so, you can typically get a discount room at Wilderness Lodge for around $139 a night. Be sure to check www.mousesavers.com for the latest discounts available. Have a good trip!

TDC Nala
12-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Magical Express is not available as a free service to the Swan or Dolphin resorts. You'd need to pay for Mears transportation or arrange for private transportation, and retrieve your own luggage at the airport. They will transfer your luggage between resorts. Remember that you also have to factor in the $10 per night resort fee.

CarolAnnC
12-28-2009, 09:16 PM
This is more suited to our Resorts Board, so I am moving it over there..