PDA

View Full Version : The NEW official, unofficial Boardwalk Villas/Boardwalk Inn thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

bangzoom6877
12-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to start a new thread regarding everything about the Boardwalk Villas and Boardwalk Inn. We are staying at BWV in mid-July 2010, and we are so excited! With the newly refurbished villas, it makes the trip even more exciting!

All are welcome on this thread to give any tips about making a stay at BWV/BWI as special and wonderful as possible...from activities at the resort and the Boardwalk to dining, to the pool, to tips about getting around the resort and to the theme parks and other areas of the WDW resort. All comments and questions are welcome!!

Our plans are starting to get more in order. We are DVC members and this will be our first trip home. We are staying for 10 nights in July and are so excited. It will be me, DH and our 2 boys who will be 3 and 5 when we go. We plan to utilize the Community Hall for the boys, the pool, and the entertainment on the Boardwalk. We also plan to go to a few restaurants in the resort area, like Boardwalk Bakery for lunch and maybe breakfast one day, Captain's Grille at Yacht Club, and Cape May Cafe at Beach Club.

Ms Rox
12-27-2009, 05:42 PM
You are going to love it at BWV! We're going to be there in May '10. I can't wait, since we skipped our usual May trip in '09. I'm also excited to stay in the newly refurbished room. It should be really nice based on what I've heard through these forums. We've used our points at Vero Beach and HHI but never anywhere else at WDW. I thought, briefly, about staying at Beach Club Villas for our upcoming trip, but just couldn't make myself do it. :rolleyes:

You'll love the short walk to Epcot and those quick boat rides to the Studios. My son used to like the boats almost as much as the parks when he was little.:confused3 He'll be 12 when we go in May so he's sooo over that.

yeahdisney
12-27-2009, 06:13 PM
We stayed in a studio preferred view one time and our balcony could of fit a king size bed out there! And there was this bench in our room to sit, it was big enough for my DS 8, to sleep on (no one likes to sleep with him). We turned it around to face the wall so he wouldn't fall off it, put extra bedding on it and viola. We really like the Boardwalk area, enjoy your trip you will love it. D

bangzoom6877
12-27-2009, 06:37 PM
You are going to love it at BWV! We're going to be there in May '10. I can't wait, since we skipped our usual May trip in '09. I'm also excited to stay in the newly refurbished room. It should be really nice based on what I've heard through these forums. We've used our points at Vero Beach and HHI but never anywhere else at WDW. I thought, briefly, about staying at Beach Club Villas for our upcoming trip, but just couldn't make myself do it. :rolleyes:

You'll love the short walk to Epcot and those quick boat rides to the Studios. My son used to like the boats almost as much as the parks when he was little.:confused3 He'll be 12 when we go in May so he's sooo over that.

I've read nice things about the refurbished rooms also! We are really looking forward to it.

We have 1-bedroom standard view. I requested to be on the top floor across from the bus stop. We're trying to be able to see some of the Epcot fireworks at night from our room.

Ms Rox
12-28-2009, 11:03 AM
I've read nice things about the refurbished rooms also! We are really looking forward to it.

We have 1-bedroom standard view. I requested to be on the top floor across from the bus stop. We're trying to be able to see some of the Epcot fireworks at night from our room.

Fireworks from your balcony! That will be so nice. A great way to end a great day. We were in a high floor room (4th floor, if I remember correctly) looking over the front entrance one year and we were able to see some of those fireworks. We'll be in a 1-bedroom Boardwalk view, this year. I love drinking my morning coffee on the balcony as the boardwalk wakes up.:banana:

bangzoom6877
12-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Fireworks from your balcony! That will be so nice. A great way to end a great day. We were in a high floor room (4th floor, if I remember correctly) looking over the front entrance one year and we were able to see some of those fireworks. We'll be in a 1-bedroom Boardwalk view, this year. I love drinking my morning coffee on the balcony as the boardwalk wakes up.:banana:

Sounds amazing!

abubu919
12-28-2009, 06:34 PM
We stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms in October and let me tell you it was amazing. These are some of my favorite villas. Just the atmosphere and the entertainment of the BW is amazing, along with having that coffee on the balcony, as stated above :)

bangzoom6877
12-28-2009, 07:42 PM
We stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms in October and let me tell you it was amazing. These are some of my favorite villas. Just the atmosphere and the entertainment of the BW is amazing, along with having that coffee on the balcony, as stated above :)

Do you have any pictures of the villa? What type of villa did you stay in? And what entertainment did you enjoy on the BW? We just can't wait!!!

Baby Yeti
12-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Just booked yesterday 2 Garden Suites at BWI for my family in May for my B-Day! I'm so excited. I love the look of the new rooms. After staying at Kidani last fall, it was hard to pull myself away from that resort, but I think having the concierge and being so close to Epcot will more than make up for it. If anybody has any pics of the refurbished garden suites, that would be great!

Boardwalk seems to be a somewat elusive resort on the boards, so any new info or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I made the right choice or not! Thanks.

Blurrysmom
12-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi! We're staying in a 1-BR at BWV starting next week! I can't wait. We've never stayed in the park before and this is such a treat for us. We have a 19-month-old and we are looking forward to being able to leave the room and have amusing things to see and do without driving somewhere. I hope we can see something from our balcony, because we will be in early at night. Can you clarify? If you cans ee the boardwalk itself, can you not see the fireworks?

kathleendsm
12-29-2009, 08:57 PM
We're staying in a studio in the BWV in May. I've hung out on the Boardwalk before, particularly during a conference my old company held in the Swan/Dolphin, but have never stayed there. It will be our kids first trip to WDW and we are so excited!

Baby Yeti
12-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Kathleendsm,

You are going the exact same dates as we are! Maybe we will see you at the clown pool! We are staying on the "Inn" side. I love the villas...haven't stayed at BWV but stayed at Kidani last fall and had a studio at SSR once. They are very nice. You will love it.

gailanncreates
12-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Waiting for pics of refurbished villa rooms!popcorn::

LoveKermit
12-29-2009, 09:28 PM
My in-laws bought DVC last fall and DH, DD and I are making the inaugural trip "home." Literally--we're the first.

Anyway--is laundry detergent provided? I'm guessing no, because we all have different needs, but thought I'd ask.

Check my ticker!!!! I'll be there real soon. Then, I'll have "stuff" to report to this thread.

kathleendsm
12-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Kathleendsm,

You are going the exact same dates as we are! Maybe we will see you at the clown pool! We are staying on the "Inn" side. I love the villas...haven't stayed at BWV but stayed at Kidani last fall and had a studio at SSR once. They are very nice. You will love it.

How cool! I'll be the one quaking in fear at the clown's face. :rotfl: I just love reading the threads about BWI/BWV...I get so stoked!

Baby Yeti
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
How cool! I'll be the one quaking in fear at the clown's face. :rotfl: I just love reading the threads about BWI/BWV...I get so stoked!

:lmao: Yeah, my family has dubbed the clown slide "The Puking Clown," and the kids are all excited to get "puked out" by the clown. That's preteen boys for ya. The clown is a little freaky, I must admit. :clown:

Baby Yeti
12-29-2009, 10:59 PM
My in-laws bought DVC last fall and DH, DD and I are making the inaugural trip "home." Literally--we're the first.

Anyway--is laundry detergent provided? I'm guessing no, because we all have different needs, but thought I'd ask.

Check my ticker!!!! I'll be there real soon. Then, I'll have "stuff" to report to this thread.

When we stayed at Kidani Village last fall, there were a couple of 1-load boxes of Tide powder and a few Bounce dryer sheets when we checked in, so I guess it depends on how much laundry you plan to do. I ordered some detergent from Garden Grocer and had it delivered ahead of time. I did a load of laundry (I have 3 kids) like every night we were there, and it worked well. We were able to pack light for the trip.

LoveKermit
12-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks!

I only have one kid, but we may just take a few fewer pairs of jeans and shorts and do wash once. We are only there 4 days. I'm sure we'll still have to check a suitcase (darn DHs feet--and they're not even that big!). Those men's shoes take so much room. And stubborn DD won't use the toilet. And now that's TMI!

heatherlynn444
01-01-2010, 02:14 PM
we are staying at the BWI for the first time in March, can't wait! just wanted to say hi!

bangzoom6877
01-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks!

I only have one kid, but we may just take a few fewer pairs of jeans and shorts and do wash once. We are only there 4 days. I'm sure we'll still have to check a suitcase (darn DHs feet--and they're not even that big!). Those men's shoes take so much room. And stubborn DD won't use the toilet. And now that's TMI!

OK, you're all gonna think I am crazy when I tell you this........

I bought ALL of my sons' summer clothing at the end of this past summer. Everything was on clearance at Children's Place, Macy's, Target and I hit a great sale on the Disney Store website. I did ALL the shopping online and paid very minimal shipping on only a few things. I got deals like 2 pairs of shorts for $3, so I felt like I shouldn't pass it up. In my experience so far, for little boys' clothing, the stores will have the same exact items available in the spring, for more money. So I bought them early. My older son will be 5 next week and my little one will be 3 in May, so I can still get away with buying them clothing a year in advance. I probably won't be doing that when they get older though.

My sons each have plenty of outfits with Disney characters on them, plenty of shorts (my little one has some of my older one's shorts from when he was 3 years old), and plenty of tops for them (both tanktops and t-shirts). I bought them some polo shirts too.

Because they have so much, I will be able to do laundry just one day on our trip. We will be in a 1-bedroom villa so we will have the washer/dryer right there in our villa. I will bring detergent because we all have sensitive skin and want to make sure no one breaks out or anything from an unfamiliar detergent (we use Arm & Hammer, not Tide like they give you in the villa). So, on one of the days we don't go to a theme park, we will just be hanging out at the resort anyway and I will do laundry throughout the day. We're driving down from NY, staying over 2 nights on the way down, going to Boca Raton to visit relatives for 3 nights first, then 10 nights at Disney World. So after a few days at WDW, I will be doing laundry. Not too happy about doing laundry on vacation, but it's a small price to pay to have a nice long vacation and so many days at WDW! I don't plan to cook though (except preparing an easy breakfast), so a little laundry is fine with me!!

OK, so now that everyone knows what a nutty planner I am, I just wanted to say hi to everyone, and Happy New Year!!! I'm glad it is 2010...the year we stay at BWV for our first DVC trip "home"! :woohoo:

Julia M
01-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I am staying at the BWV, checking in this Friday, January 8 (we have one night at PO on Thursday).

I have never stayed at an EPCOT resort. We did one stay at the Poly concierge at Xmas, but the rest of the time we have stayed offsite in a timeshare.

We are attending a wedding with a reception at the Wedding Pavilion and a reception at Atlantic Dance Hall, with an Illuminations dessert party on the Isle de France.

We have a one bedroom and my parents a studio. My brother has ressies at the Boardwalk hotel, so we can visit there, too!

I am excited.

Julia

bangzoom6877
01-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I am staying at the BWV, checking in this Friday, January 8 (we have one night at PO on Thursday).

I have never stayed at an EPCOT resort. We did one stay at the Poly concierge at Xmas, but the rest of the time we have stayed offsite in a timeshare.

We are attending a wedding with a reception at the Wedding Pavilion and a reception at Atlantic Dance Hall, with an Illuminations dessert party on the Isle de France.

We have a one bedroom and my parents a studio. My brother has ressies at the Boardwalk hotel, so we can visit there, too!

I am excited.

Julia

Wow, sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned! And you will be there in just a week!!!

Please be sure to report back here when you return and let us all know how BWV was! Enjoy the wedding and congratulations to your friend or relative who is getting married there! :)

ramona5371
01-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Exciting!!

airman
01-02-2010, 01:01 PM
We will be ay BWV in May staying in a studio with garden/water view. I am looking forward to it, I like the idea of being able to walk to Epcot.
Any room request suggestions? :)

LoveKermit
01-02-2010, 06:10 PM

I am excited.

Julia

You will be hooked. We've only stayed at the Dolphin, but it's so convenient. The Poly is convenient too, except DHS (and nothing is convenient to AK). But we're walkers and love being in the Epcot area.

leane
01-03-2010, 03:40 AM
We just changed our March stay to be GF/BWV 2 BR/ BC 2 BR (1 for 2 nights waitlist for 2 br). We had a 1 BR boardwalk view but upgraded to the 2 br for the extra space and lost the view. But wait listed for that. There is no chance to see the BW from a preferred view is there?
I dont know much about the resort. Can you see fireworks? What should my room request be?

Sorry to bomb you with questions.

Also planning Dec 2010 hoping to be BW boardwalk view for that at 7 mo.

jomommy
01-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Just jumping on board!

My family (Me, DH, DS10, DD8, DD6, DS4, DS1) is staying at the BWI CL in May! I've been reading every thread about BWI that I can. I've never stayed there, always stayed mod, but have always wanted to. Can't wait!

autumnpalm
01-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Checking in!:goodvibes

We'll be at Boardwalk Villas from February 21-27th. We had originally booked Animal Kingdom Lodge but have switched to BWV. I am thinking we made a good decision! With the AP discount, we got the week for $1,550! Plus since we are splitting the cost of the studio, we are each paying $750 for a week at the BWV. Worked out pretty well!!

I am really looking forward to this trip. We've stayed at the YC before and loved the whole atmosphere of the Epcot resort circle. It is really something! I'm hoping we like the Boardwalk as much as the YC/BC but there was no more availability at the BC villas.

Can't wait to learn more! Our trip is getting closer and closer.:woohoo:

LoveKermit
01-03-2010, 09:19 PM
So, is there a counter service at BWI/BWV or what? Where does one refill the refillable mug? We can't find any info!

TIA!

P.S. I'm the top one on page 2 & 3. Teehee.

SGB13
01-04-2010, 07:43 AM
:goodvibes
I am excited too! We will be there in 25 more days! We are staying in a 2 BR villa. :yay:

TK Brown
01-04-2010, 10:11 AM
We are staying in BWV the 19th-25th. 1st time staying there and we are very excited!! Im hoping for a refurbished room too.....but just to be in WDW and not at home is great.

BabyFu18
01-04-2010, 01:41 PM
I have a question for anyone who has stayed at the BWI before, is it worth staying there if you book a standard view? I would love to stay there, but when I priced things out a boardwalk view (which I would love) is just not in the cards for us. If we did stay at the BWI it would be in a standard view room, I noticed those were listed as parking lot, garden/grounds, etc. as the view.

Do you think you'd be disappointed in the BWI if you stayed in a standard view room and didn't overlook the boardwalk?

Just a side note, we do spend a good bit of time in our room and use things like the balcony/patio. I don't mind a view of the grounds (because I'm sure they are beautiful), but I don't want the rest of my group to feel disappointed because they are at the Boardwalk Inn and can't see the boardwalk or don't feel that atmosphere.

jomommy
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
I have a question for anyone who has stayed at the BWI before, is it worth staying there if you book a standard view? I would love to stay there, but when I priced things out a boardwalk view (which I would love) is just not in the cards for us. If we did stay at the BWI it would be in a standard view room, I noticed those were listed as parking lot, garden/grounds, etc. as the view.

Do you think you'd be disappointed in the BWI if you stayed in a standard view room and didn't overlook the boardwalk?

Just a side note, we do spend a good bit of time in our room and use things like the balcony/patio. I don't mind a view of the grounds (because I'm sure they are beautiful), but I don't want the rest of my group to feel disappointed because they are at the Boardwalk Inn and can't see the boardwalk or don't feel that atmosphere.

There are a couple of photo threads that show the views and they look great. One is a balcony view thread and there's also a BWI specific photo thread. The grounds are beautiful opposite the Boardwalk, too. HTH!

mtquinn
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM
We may upgrade from the CSR, but I need the lowdown on the place first. Tell me about pros and con, food choices, is there a kids club on site? Transportation pros and cons? Tell me all! :goodvibes

yellownovawife
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Can't wait to get to the BWV on Feb. 6!

LoveKermit
01-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Another question--what is the laundry machine like in the 1 & 2 bedrooms? We want to do some laundry in the evening and hope it's not too loud. Also, how efficient is it--how long will it take (average)?

This thread is easier than posting new threads, but I will on the DVC board if I have to.

Thanks!

LoveKermit
01-06-2010, 09:58 PM
re-launching us....

Maybe we can be put in the sticky (since this one also includes BWV)

And any thoughts on the washer/dryer?

poohgirl6
01-06-2010, 10:31 PM
re-launching us....

Maybe we can be put in the sticky (since this one also includes BWV)

And any thoughts on the washer/dryer?

We're here right now in a 2 BR BW villa. I've been doing laundry all week. Yes, it is a stackable unit and has a fairly small capacity. However, it is NOT a HE unit, so it washes very quickly. :cool1: Also, no complaints with the dryer either. They are not really quiet though IMHO. :confused3

LoveKermit
01-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks!

mrs.arizona
01-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Just came back from BWI 12-26/12-31, with 13yr son, 19yr nephew, & 21yr nephew we all loved it. The room was 4th floor facing the boardwalk, comfortable beds & sofa. Plenty of pillows and towels. Boys liked ESPN and being able to walk to EPCOT(5min)Mission Space/Test Track and the Studio(20min)Rock'n Rollercoaster/Tower of Terror. Entertainment on the boardwalk is for all ages. And we all thought the pool/slide was a lot of fun.

ClareH37
01-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Here's some photos:

View of the 'Inn' whlist walking along the boardwalk:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/ClareH37/DSC01117-1-1.jpg

Boardwalk view from club level room (4th floor):
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/ClareH37/DSC01126-1-1.jpg

Garden view from club level room (4th floor) - fantastic view of illuminations:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/ClareH37/DSC009421024x768-1-1.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/ClareH37/DSC00992-2-1.jpg

This is considered a boardwalk view, but is a side boardwalk view (3rd floor, overlooking the little green) - the room had a huge balcony:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/ClareH37/DSC001331024x768-1-1.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/ClareH37/DSC001501024x768-2.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/ClareH37/DSC00136-1.jpg

nascargirl
01-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Heading to BWI-CL tommorow till 1/19. :cool1::thumbsup2:worship:

ClareH37
01-09-2010, 07:27 AM

Have a wonderful time Jeanette, hope the weather warms up for you too.

firsttimemom
01-09-2010, 08:57 AM

we had a boardwalk view room last month- right over kouzzina on the 4th floor. I found it very loud in the morning. Every time the boat left the launch we heard the BEEP BEEP of the horn. We had some late night events this trip so we did not set an alarm and planned to just sleep in. Turns out we didn't need an alarm- the boat took care of that. If we stay there again, I think I would request a garden view.

nascargirl
01-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks Clare-just watched the forecast on TV and it was sleeting in Tampa and just outside of Orlando (Winter Gargen):scared1:

ClareH37
01-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks Clare-just watched the forecast on TV and it was sleeting in Tampa and just outside of Orlando (Winter Gargen):scared1:

That is just way too odd for my liking!

Panotchr
01-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Jumping on board with you all.
We are going to Kidani this summer for 10 days, but surprising our girls with a Christmas trip at BWV next December. Dying to see picutres of a 1 BR. :)

Happy travels to all going soon!:yay:

DebbieB
01-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Jumping on board with you all.
We are going to Kidani this summer for 10 days, but surprising our girls with a Christmas trip at BWV next December. Dying to see picutres of a 1 BR. :)

Happy travels to all going soon!:yay:

There are pictures of a 2 bedroom lockoff on this thread (1 bedroom + studio):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201734&page=9

bangzoom6877
01-09-2010, 04:14 PM
So, is there a counter service at BWI/BWV or what? Where does one refill the refillable mug? We can't find any info!

TIA!

P.S. I'm the top one on page 2 & 3. Teehee.

Hi! The Boardwalk Bakery is considered a counter service credit on the dining plan (in case you are on the dining plan...we will be). They serve breakfast sandwiches in the morning (I think they open at 6AM), they have lots of cakes and baked goods, and they serve sandwiches for lunch and into the evening I believe. They are open until about 11PM so you can go there and get pastries for the next morning's breakfast! :goodvibes

You can refill your refillable mug at Boardwalk Bakery. Not sure about this, but I think you can refill it poolside as well.

There is also a location on the Boardwalk where you can get pizza, one where you can get traditional boardwalk-style food such as chicken baskets with fries, and there is food available at the pool bar. However, none of those choices accept the dining plan. If you are paying out of pocket though, this wouldn't affect you.

Check out the "Disney Food Pictures" thread on the Disney Restaurants Board here. There are some terrific pictures throughout that thread of baked goods and sandwiches from the Boardwalk Bakery!

You could also walk across the lake to Beach Club Resort and go to the Beach Club Marketplace, but I believe it has a limited selection. And there is Hurricane Hanna's which opens for lunch, by the pool at the Beach Club/Yacht Club. Both of those options are counter service and also accept the dining plan.

jackemail
01-09-2010, 05:26 PM

Oh, how jealous am I!?!?!?!?!?

Have a wonderful time, enjoy sitting in the lounge for me!

nascargirl
01-09-2010, 06:53 PM
jackemail-I will have a glass of wine and toast our meeting back in Oct and hope we can do it again.:thumbsup2 If anyone is going to be there next week, I would love to meet and put a face to your name.

leane
01-09-2010, 08:58 PM
I have been planning my trip for 2 years and I never know BWI had those cute little garden suites. It is dds 8th bday trip. She is going to LOVE it! We have 2 booked it will make a nice romantic break for dh and I too when dd's want to sleep with grandam :thumbsup2

I am thinking of changing my Dec ressie to this same room... We will see in just over 6 weeks :banana:

We were going to be in a 2 br villa but I changed to the BC for the villa and had the YC CL and switched to the BWI CL garden suite.

Panotchr
01-09-2010, 10:23 PM

Thanks! I appreciate that!:goodvibes

KateInCharleston
01-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Have all the studios been refurbed?

Is it possible to have a view of illumination from a standard studio? What should we ask for?

Considering BWV using DVC points (if that makes a difference)

TIA

LoveKermit
01-10-2010, 03:30 PM

Thanks!

For some reason I thought there were no 1 BRs with BW view. Or does it have to be booked as a 2BR or studio? Dumb question, I suppose.

And Bangzoom--

Thanks for the info. I knew all that. We enjoy the bakery and may plan on a pizza during our stay as well. Didn't know you could refill mugs at the bakery--that helps.

Anyone know about the Bellevue Lounge? I couldn't remember the name when I posted before. What/where is it?

Oh--and I go in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::banana::woohoo::banana:

bangzoom6877
01-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks!

For some reason I thought there were no 1 BRs with BW view. Or does it have to be booked as a 2BR or studio? Dumb question, I suppose.

And Bangzoom--

Thanks for the info. I knew all that. We enjoy the bakery and may plan on a pizza during our stay as well. Didn't know you could refill mugs at the bakery--that helps.

Anyone know about the Bellevue Lounge? I couldn't remember the name when I posted before. What/where is it?

Hi again! You are SOOOOOO lucky to be going so soon! I'm all excited here to make our dining ADRs on Thursday but at that point our trip will still be 180 days away! :lmao:

The Belle Vue Lounge serves a continental breakfast in the morning and I know the breakfast is considered a counter service credit on the dining plan. If you are not on the dining plan, I imagine it shouldn't cost too much, seeing as it only counts as a CS credit and not a TS credit.

Can you do us a favor and report back when you get back from your trip? I know, you don't want to think about coming home from your trip, you want to savor the moments of looking forward to Disney bliss! :goodvibes

LoveKermit
01-10-2010, 09:37 PM
I do plan on "drinking" in as much of the resort as I can. BWV is the in-laws home resort and we are the first in the family to go.

I'm not a big picture taker and an even smaller picture-poster, but I hope to be able to answer any and all questions.

We are not on the dining plan. Thanks for the Bellevue info.

elgerber
01-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks!

I have a BW view 1 bedroom booked for August. BWV is our home resort, but this will be our first time with a BW view!

DebbieB
01-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks!

There are definitely 1 bedrooms with a boardwalk view, I've been in at least 5 of them. Some are dedicated, meaning they can only be a 1 bedroom. Some are lockoffs, which means they could also be part of a 2 bedroom.

I was in a dedicated 1 bedroom last month that I thought was the best one I've stayed in, room 4041. It was above the blue awning on the store, 4th floor. Great view and not far from the elevators, had separate balconies off the living room & bedroom. In 2008, I was in 4007, it was above Big River and a long way from the elevators with 1 small balcony.

rie'smom
01-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi, we're going to the BWI a couple of nights before moving over to our home resort BWV.
Debbie, thanks for the links to the pics of the renovated rooms. They're so bright and airy!

KateInCharleston
01-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Someone asked where these can be filled.
I collect info from several sites, and I cannot personally verify this (perhaps someone else can). This is what my notes say:

Refillable Mugs can be filled at:
Boardwalk Bakery (free refills include coffee)
Joe's Coffee Cart (free refills include coffee)
Spoodles Pizza window
Seashore Sweets
Leaping Libations
Belle Vue Lounge

Would love it if someone can confirm some or all of these

TigerKat
01-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Looking forward to our first stay at BWV next month! We've stayed at BWI several times before and loved it!:goodvibes

bangzoom6877
01-13-2010, 05:05 PM
We arrive at BWV in exactly 6 months from today!!! I make our dining reservations tomorrow morning! :woohoo:

polkadotminnie
01-13-2010, 05:47 PM
We are headed to BWI in March. Has anyone done online check in for BWI? Did you get your requests and are you glad you did it?

katejay
01-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Hi I just had a couple of questions as this is my first stay at BWI. I will be there in 13 days. Do they have IPOD docks in the standard rooms? Do you know how much valet parking is per day? One more if I valet on first day would I have to all week? Thank you

TigerKat
01-14-2010, 07:35 AM
We are headed to BWI in March. Has anyone done online check in for BWI? Did you get your requests and are you glad you did it?
We did it for SSR and got our request last October. I'll be doing it next month and will let you know!

goofy4tink
01-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Have all the studios been refurbed?

Is it possible to have a view of illumination from a standard studio? What should we ask for?

Considering BWV using DVC points (if that makes a difference)

TIA
I have had two standard view rooms to date....neither one had a view of IllumiNations. But....one room was ground level (facing the bus stop) with a huge tree in front of it, and the other was facing the Hess Station and pond down below..actually at the end of the bldg.
Those rooms, facing the bus stop, but higher up should have a view of the fireworks.
As far as refurbished rooms go, most are done, but I had one that was ground level, facing the community bldg and quiet pool last month that hadn't been done yet.

Hi I just had a couple of questions as this is my first stay at BWI. I will be there in 13 days. Do they have IPOD docks in the standard rooms? Do you know how much valet parking is per day? One more if I valet on first day would I have to all week? Thank you
Can't say about the iHome units..I know my master bedroom had one last month at BWV, but that wasn't the Inn.
As far as valet goes...$12 a day. You can use it as often, or as seldom, as you want. You can do it on your first day, then pick up your car and move it to the regular self park lot. It's basically day to day..you decide what you want to do. But, you do have to pay for each day you use it.

DisKate
01-14-2010, 11:39 PM
We are staying in the BWV for the first time in March and couldn't be more excited! Does anyone know if the rooms have free internet? I'm trying to decide if I should bring my laptop or not? Thanks!

rie'smom
01-15-2010, 12:15 AM
We are staying in the BWV for the first time in March and couldn't be more excited! Does anyone know if the rooms have free internet? I'm trying to decide if I should bring my laptop or not? Thanks!

Are you a DVC owner or staying on rented points? If so, then you have free internet. If not, it's $10/day.
Have a wonderful trip!
If you have an iPhone or a phone of that kind, then you do have internet access.

DisKate
01-15-2010, 01:40 AM
Are you a DVC owner or staying on rented points? If so, then you have free internet. If not, it's $10/day.
Have a wonderful trip!
If you have an iPhone or a phone of that kind, then you do have internet access.

We traded our RCI points in to stay at BWV...any idea if that means free internet or not?

DebbieB
01-15-2010, 06:57 AM
We traded our RCI points in to stay at BWV...any idea if that means free internet or not?

Probably not. I would say to ask at check-in. Your room key has to say "DVC Member", it's a DVC Member perk.

heaven2dc
01-15-2010, 09:30 AM
:goodvibes
I am excited too! We will be there in 25 more days! We are staying in a 2 BR villa. :yay:

How exciting for you! We are staying in a 2-BR villa &2 studios with boardwalk view in December (well we arrive 11/28/10) and I can't wait to see what room we get (hoping for 4th or 5th floor above or near General Mercantile store). Will be anxious to see how you like BWV - what view did you request?

Thanks!

How exciting - you get to go so soon! And as DebbieB says below, there definitely are 1-BR villas with boardwalk view - we've stayed in Dec 2008 in room 3041 1-BR and had an awesome view and got to watch the magician each night right below our room. Plus we had an great view of Illuminations (loved the Christmas ending) plus Wishes above Yacht/Beach Club.

There are definitely 1 bedrooms with a boardwalk view, I've been in at least 5 of them. Some are dedicated, meaning they can only be a 1 bedroom. Some are lockoffs, which means they could also be part of a 2 bedroom.

I was in a dedicated 1 bedroom last month that I thought was the best one I've stayed in, room 4041. It was above the blue awning on the store, 4th floor. Great view and not far from the elevators, had separate balconies off the living room & bedroom. In 2008, I was in 4007, it was above Big River and a long way from the elevators with 1 small balcony.

Thanks (as always, DebbieB) for clarifying all this! I am so hoping to get your room you got last month for our trip this year!

Someone was looking for pics of the renovated rooms - you can go to allearsnet.com and see a couple studios and one bedroom villa.

Erin12303
01-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi-

I actually was able to rent points from a member for a September BWV trip. We needed 2 studios-one handicapped--for this trip. Any idea how the handicapped rooms are?

wdw-ocd
01-17-2010, 10:02 AM
We're going for our first stay at BWV and I'm sooooo excited I could burst!:banana::banana::banana:

Can anyone tell me if there's a schedule of kids' activities like at AKV? Also, can you enter World Showcase through the International Gateway before 11 if you have ADRs at Akurshus?

TIA :goodvibes

rie'smom
01-17-2010, 10:18 AM
We're going for our first stay at BWV and I'm sooooo excited I could burst!:banana::banana::banana:

Can anyone tell me if there's a schedule of kids' activities like at AKV? Also, can you enter World Showcase through the International Gateway before 11 if you have ADRs at Akurshus?

TIA :goodvibes

I can't help with the kid's activities, sorry.

The International Gate opens at 9. Askerhus is so much fun. Have a great trip!

wdw-ocd
01-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I can't help with the kid's activities, sorry.

The International Gate opens at 9. Askerhus is so much fun. Have a great trip!

I'm glad to hear that Askerhus was fun!:cool1: Dd8 really wanted to see the princesses but dh was a little scared of what kinds of foods would be offered in a Norwegian restaurant. (though he's adventurous enough to try tasting beer from around the world!:rotfl2:)

Thanks for the quick reply!:goodvibes

rie'smom
01-17-2010, 10:40 AM
You're welcome!

WizardLarz
01-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone I'm planning to stay at BWV, Studio,May 18-23.

1. Are the Studios certain sections are scattered throughout the Villas?

2. Will I recieve daily housekeeping since I'm not DVC?

bangzoom6877
01-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone I'm planning to stay at BWV, Studio,May 18-23.

1. Are the Studios certain sections are scattered throughout the Villas?

2. Will I recieve daily housekeeping since I'm not DVC?

If you are staying on a cash reservation through Disney then you will receive daily housekeeping. If you are staying on points, whether you are a DVC member or you are renting from a DVC member, then you will get housekeeping about every 4 days. If you are staying on points, you can pay an extra fee for daily housekeeping. I personally like it that they come every 4 days for either full cleaning or trash and towel service. DH and I find ourselves putting the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door at hotels pretty frequently.

I believe the studios are scattered throughout the villas, because at BWV a 2-bedroom is a combination of a studio and a 1-bedroom with a connecting door between the 2. I don't think there is one particular section that is all studios, but I could be wrong.

rie'smom
01-17-2010, 10:59 AM
The studios are scattered throughout the resort.

Yes, you will receive daily housekeeping IF you're booking the room yourself. If you're buying pts. from a DVC member, you get the same housekeeping that a member gets.

WizardLarz
01-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the information! I'm staying on a ressie throught Disney not renting points. Planning on using the $750 Gift Card to pay for food and other stuff!

mrsswat
01-17-2010, 02:38 PM
can someone supply any info these? Good, Bad, worth the price? Thanks:)

bangzoom6877
01-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the information! I'm staying on a ressie throught Disney not renting points. Planning on using the $750 Gift Card to pay for food and other stuff!

Sounds awesome! Enjoy!

Momof2Disneyboys
01-17-2010, 03:01 PM
It's official ~ We're booked ~ BWI November 6-13, 2010!! :cool1: It will be our first time there, can't wait!

LoveKermit
01-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I cannot find a good list.....

Are there amenities in the bathrooms of the villas, like soap, shampoo, lotion, etc.? You know, the standard hotel stuff.

I realize that even if there is, we don't get housekeeping everyday, but we're only 3 (and one is 3) and it won't be sweaty hot next weekend, so we can make do.

Just trying to figure out what I need.

Thanks!

DebbieB
01-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I cannot find a good list.....

Are there amenities in the bathrooms of the villas, like soap, shampoo, lotion, etc.? You know, the standard hotel stuff.

I realize that even if there is, we don't get housekeeping everyday, but we're only 3 (and one is 3) and it won't be sweaty hot next weekend, so we can make do.

Just trying to figure out what I need.

Thanks!

Yes, you get the standard hotel stuff. If you book through Disney, you will get housekeeping everyday. If you book through DVC, then it will be limited with the option to buy housekeeping services.

What size room are you staying in? There's a list of what is included here:

http://allears.net/acc/faq_bwv.htm

Sweet Melissa
01-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi, everybody. We recently booked BWV from November 1st-5th and I'm ecstatic. The Boardwalk has always been our favorite place in the whole World, but this will be our first time staying there. We've done Monday-Friday Food & Wine trips like this before and found it to be a good amount of time for us to spend in the World, but this time I just don't think it will be long enough for me because I'll be staying in such a dreamy location. :cloud9:

lala3291
01-17-2010, 05:05 PM
It's official ~ We're booked ~ BWI November 6-13, 2010!! :cool1: It will be our first time there, can't wait!

Yeah Shelly! I'm so excited for you! You will love BWI! So sad your TR is over, but now it's time for planning the next trip!

LoveKermit
01-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Yes, you get the standard hotel stuff. If you book through Disney, you will get housekeeping everyday. If you book through DVC, then it will be limited with the option to buy housekeeping services.

What size room are you staying in? There's a list of what is included here:

http://allears.net/acc/faq_bwv.htm

Thanks! I'd been on allears, but they don't get bathroom specific, just kitchen. And we are staying on points and only for 4 days. But like I said, we won't get sweaty hot, so lack of soap won't be an issue.

Thanks again!

DebbieB
01-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks! I'd been on allears, but they don't get bathroom specific, just kitchen. And we are staying on points and only for 4 days. But like I said, we won't get sweaty hot, so lack of soap won't be an issue.

Thanks again!

4 nights? You will get a trash & towel service which will include replacing soap. If you arrive on Sunday, trash & towel will be on Wednesday. What you can do is call housekeeping and ask them to move it up a day, in this example Tuesday.

LoveKermit
01-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Yes, 4 nights. Thurs-Sun., leave Mon. Something I came across--our conf. letter, maybe--said we'd get Housekeeping on Sunday, I think. Wonder where I put that letter.....

jackemail
01-18-2010, 08:09 AM
All righty--anxiously awaiting the return of nascargirl from BWI, so I can get my Boardwalk and Concierge updates and enjoy them vicariously. Nascargirl, hopefully you will post something tomorrow??!! I know you ran into the cold while you were there, but hope all was good anyway!

sfbank
01-18-2010, 10:23 AM
jackemail-she texted me a pic last night having a drink down there-not nice!:rotfl: It sounds like they were having fun when she would call. Of course, why would she not be having fun?:confused3 I can't wait until July! Are we going to run into you again in the fall? I guess I see you are going in November so we will probably miss you . That stinks.

momof2cutegirls
01-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Heading to BWV Nov. 28 - Dec. 4, 2010! First time staying onsite and very excited. Any room recommendations for a BWV standard studio? Maybe one a few floors up so we may have the possibility of seeing fireworks?

bangzoom6877
01-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Heading to BWV Nov. 28 - Dec. 4, 2010! First time staying onsite and very excited. Any room recommendations for a BWV standard studio? Maybe one a few floors up so we may have the possibility of seeing fireworks?

We're staying in a standard 1-bedroom, but studios are also scattered throughout the resort so I'm sure you can request the same thing that was recommended to me. I asked about it here on the boards a while back, and was told to request top floor, across from the bus stop. That is exactly what I asked for. We go in July, we'll see what happens!

jackemail
01-18-2010, 08:06 PM
jackemail-she texted me a pic last night having a drink down there-not nice!:rotfl: It sounds like they were having fun when she would call. Of course, why would she not be having fun?:confused3 I can't wait until July! Are we going to run into you again in the fall? I guess I see you are going in November so we will probably miss you . That stinks.

She sent you a picture having fun?? That is cruel.

I am sitting here missing Boardwalk, wearing my Boardwalk tshirt, Boardwalk watch, sitting across from my Boardwalk paperweight---yep, I think I miss the place.

Last October was too hot for my Mother(she has moderate Alzheimer's), so I am hoping that moving our next trip to the middle of November will be cooler for her. I will be sorry to miss y'all!

jomommy
01-18-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm already addicted to the BWI and I haven't even been there yet!

Staying for the first time in May with my family of 7 in a deluxe room. I'm so excited and the kids are so excited to be so close to their two favorite parks... although, they don't know when we're going. They just know mom wants to stay there next time. This trip is a surprise. ;)

Is this a good place to ask a couple CL questions? Or is there a more appropriate thread for that?

jackemail
01-19-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm already addicted to the BWI and I haven't even been there yet!

Staying for the first time in May with my family of 7 in a deluxe room. I'm so excited and the kids are so excited to be so close to their two favorite parks... although, they don't know when we're going. They just know mom wants to stay there next time. This trip is a surprise. ;)

Is this a good place to ask a couple CL questions? Or is there a more appropriate thread for that?

There is a general concierge thread, but you can ask here as well. Someone will know the answer!

jomommy
01-19-2010, 10:09 AM
There is a general concierge thread, but you can ask here as well. Someone will know the answer!

Thanks! I found that thread. I'll ask my questions here in abbreviated form just in case I don't get a response over there. ;)

I'm bringing a food/candy gift for the staff... give it at the beginning or end of our stay?

Will the CL concierge staff call about character availibilty for the day like the lobby staff does?

Thanks again!

momof2cutegirls
01-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks! I found that thread. I'll ask my questions here in abbreviated form just in case I don't get a response over there. ;)

I'm bringing a food/candy gift for the staff... give it at the beginning or end of our stay?

Will the CL concierge staff call about character availibilty for the day like the lobby staff does?

Thanks again!

We won't have Concierge staff but can I check with lobby staff to see what characters are available each a.m.? My daughters are really wanting to find Marie!

sfbank
01-19-2010, 10:48 AM
jomommy-we always give out the gifts at the beginning. Part of what we bring we have to since we always bring deer meat for Lorenzo. Yuck I know but he loves it.:confused3 We always bring them chips you can only find in Iowa and a little outside the state. Usually a couple of other things and they appreciate it all. You are nice to think of them.:thumbsup2

jomommy
01-19-2010, 11:03 AM
We won't have Concierge staff but can I check with lobby staff to see what characters are available each a.m.? My daughters are really wanting to find Marie!

When we've stayed at POR they called for me every morning to see where Daisy and Jasmine would be that day. I can't imagine that BWI wouldn't do the same. I'm planning to go down there to find a couple this trip too if the CL won't do it. You can also stop at the guest services desk (i think that's what it's called) when you enter a park. They'll check too.

jomommy
01-19-2010, 11:04 AM
jomommy-we always give out the gifts at the beginning. Part of what we bring we have to since we always bring deer meat for Lorenzo. Yuck I know but he loves it.:confused3 We always bring them chips you can only find in Iowa and a little outside the state. Usually a couple of other things and they appreciate it all. You are nice to think of them.:thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm bringing something special from Amish country (where I live). Just haven't decided what yet... I'll have to narrow it down in the next few months.

jackemail
01-19-2010, 07:52 PM

Lorenzo liked DEER meat? As in---Bambi??? AAAGHH!!!

I bring chocolates made only in Memphis, with local scenes on them (Elvis, Graceland, Mississippi River, etc.) Last time, I did give it out at the beginning of the trip, and had small single pieces for the housekeeper each day (she did such a great job).

nascargirl
01-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Jackemail-Guess who is back from yet another wonderful stay BWI-CL:yay: I indeed sent sfbank a picture the first night there. I had a wonderful pumpkin spiced martini that was yummo:thumbsup2 We also bring down treats for the staff that DH makes. He does the cooking and baking in our family. We hand them out on the first day as well. The weather started off cold but as the week went on, it did warm up. I would have preferred much hotter temps but that is the chance you take going in Jan. Now when we head down there the end of June, beginning of July I will think back of those January temps. When are you going in Nov? DH wants to take a small trip the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The lounge was busy most of the time except during the hours of 11:30-3. It still amazes me how many children were not in school especailly after just returning after Christmas break. By the weekend it seemed like the crowds were something you would see in the summer months. I had a blast as always with Lorenzo, Linda, Anita, Scott, Jackie, Janice, Pete, JJ.

jayally
01-20-2010, 12:08 AM
I just got confirmation of availability to rent points to stay in a studio 11/16-11/21.:cool1: I was checking out the map and it looks like parking is kind of far from the rooms. We will have a rental car but we probably won't use it much. Is valet parking free for people renting points from a DVC member? I opted for a standard view to save money, any recommendations as to the best location for convenience to the parks or what the "best" standard view room request should be? I want to get the best bang for my buck. I have never explored this resort and I am looking forward to checking it out but don't want to be in a horrible location. We stayed at the poly last trip and had a wonderful room thanks to this board. Thanks.

jackemail
01-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Jackemail-Guess who is back from yet another wonderful stay BWI-CL:yay: I indeed sent sfbank a picture the first night there. I had a wonderful pumpkin spiced martini that was yummo:thumbsup2 We also bring down treats for the staff that DH makes. He does the cooking and baking in our family. We hand them out on the first day as well. The weather started off cold but as the week went on, it did warm up. I would have preferred much hotter temps but that is the chance you take going in Jan. Now when we head down there the end of June, beginning of July I will think back of those January temps. When are you going in Nov? DH wants to take a small trip the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The lounge was busy most of the time except during the hours of 11:30-3. It still amazes me how many children were not in school especailly after just returning after Christmas break. By the weekend it seemed like the crowds were something you would see in the summer months. I had a blast as always with Lorenzo, Linda, Anita, Scott, Jackie, Janice, Pete, JJ.

Glad you had a great time! I used to go in January--stopped because of the temperature variables. Now I'm also glad I stopped because of the crowds!

How were all the CL staff? Did you have any yummies from Kouzzina in the lounge for evening snacks?

DebbieB
01-20-2010, 09:37 AM
I just got confirmation of availability to rent points to stay in a studio 11/16-11/21.:cool1: I was checking out the map and it looks like parking is kind of far from the rooms. We will have a rental car but we probably won't use it much. Is valet parking free for people renting points from a DVC member? I opted for a standard view to save money, any recommendations as to the best location for convenience to the parks or what the "best" standard view room request should be? I want to get the best bang for my buck. I have never explored this resort and I am looking forward to checking it out but don't want to be in a horrible location. We stayed at the poly last trip and had a wonderful room thanks to this board. Thanks.

The standard views are closer to the parking. There is an exit right by the pond, then it's a short walk to the parking lot or bus stop. Unfortunately, there's not an elevator on that end so you will have to take the stairs if you are not on the first floor or walk to the elevators next to the lobby and exit there.

For standard view, I always request top floor, across from the bus stop. You get a good view of the fireworks from Epcot. If you have a stroller, you may want to request first floor so that you don't have to worry about the stairs if you want to use the exit at the end of the building. There are really no horrible standard views.

Valet parking is no longer free for members.

nascargirl
01-20-2010, 04:20 PM
jackemail-The staff was awesome as always.:worship: We had such a great time with them. The food offerings were great and no doubles of anything. The food from Kouzzina was not too bad. The pasta dishes were very good and had the right amount of spice.;) I know have the end of June beginning of July to look forward too with sfbank and her family.:cool1:

bangzoom6877
01-20-2010, 08:54 PM
jackemail-The staff was awesome as always.:worship: We had such a great time with them. The food offerings were great and no doubles of anything. The food from Kouzzina was not too bad. The pasta dishes were very good and had the right amount of spice.;) I know have the end of June beginning of July to look forward too with sfbank and her family.:cool1:

I hear ya! I'm looking forward to the middle of July when we stay at BWV for the first time. I never saw BWV or BWI and never was actually on the Boardwalk at Disney! OK, I saw it from the Beach Club when we walked over there from Epcot to check it out one time...but that was from across the lake! We bought the DVC membership there mainly for the location...for us, we can't beat that location! Epcot is my favorite (OK Magic Kingdom is too...I will NEVER go to WDW without visiting both those parks!) and the best part of Epcot to me is the World Showcase! So it was the perfect location. DH also loves the countries, and the fact that we can walk to 2 theme parks. So I love that resort already and was never even there in person!

BingsingsWaltDisney
01-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Great thread guys,

need a little help....going to BWI mid September.......booked a standard room.....has anyone any suggestions for a room with a decent view:thumbsup2........cheerz guys keep up the good work:cool1:

heatherlynn444
01-24-2010, 12:18 PM
do all CL rooms have a boadwalk view or will we need to try and request one? thanks!

ClareH37
01-24-2010, 02:47 PM
do all CL rooms have a boadwalk view or will we need to try and request one? thanks!

Very few of the standard CL rooms have a boardwalk view, you can always request one but in the scheme of things most of the standard CL rooms have a view of the gardens. If a boardwalk view is important, the best option would be the deluxe CL rooms, all have a boardwalk view :goodvibes

nascargirl
01-25-2010, 05:39 AM
If you book a standard room up in CL, ask for a view facing Paris so you can enjoy watching the fireworks from your balcony.:) Like ClareH37 said, if a view is important, either reserve a room with a waterview or take a chance upon check in.

kaffinito
01-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Very few of the standard CL rooms have a boardwalk view, you can always request one but in the scheme of things most of the standard CL rooms have a view of the gardens. If a boardwalk view is important, the best option would be the deluxe CL rooms, all have a boardwalk view :goodvibes

Wow! So we really lucked out when we stayed there! We had a wonderful view of the Boardwalk and between that and the service now I'm hooked on BWI CL. :goodvibes

LoveKermit
01-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Just back from the villas. Any questions? I don't do pictures, so can't help there, but I did look as much as I could.

It was wonderful!

bangzoom6877
01-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Just back from the villas. Any questions? I don't do pictures, so can't help there, but I did look as much as I could.

It was wonderful!

I'm glad you had a wonderful time! I have some questions:

1. Did you walk to Epcot and DHS? If so, how was the walk? If not, how was the boat ride? Was the boat crowded?

2. Did you go to the Community Hall at all for activities? If so, how were they?

3. What restaurants did you eat in? How were they?

4. Did you have any meals at the Boardwalk Bakery? If so, how what did you have and how was it?

5. What type of view did you have from your villa?

6. Did you check out breakfast at the Belle Vue Room? If so, what did they have and how was it?

Thanks so much!!!

LoveKermit
01-27-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm glad you had a wonderful time! I have some questions:

1. Did you walk to Epcot and DHS? If so, how was the walk? If not, how was the boat ride? Was the boat crowded?

2. Did you go to the Community Hall at all for activities? If so, how were they?

3. What restaurants did you eat in? How were they?

4. Did you have any meals at the Boardwalk Bakery? If so, how what did you have and how was it?

5. What type of view did you have from your villa?

6. Did you check out breakfast at the Belle Vue Room? If so, what did they have and how was it?

Thanks so much!!!

1. Both. They are very nice walks. We've stayed at the Dolphin before, so we were already familiar. From the villas I don't think it took 10 minutes to walk to DHS. We don't take the boat. DH has no patience. Sitting on my balcony though, they were plentiful midday.

2. We did not go to CH for activities. We did stop in to see what it's about. It was very nice. They have a tent/castle so DD left screaming.

***We are not very critical/picky food people***

3. We ate at Kouzzina on the boardwalk. It was fine. We are frustrated with how they've changed the kid menus everywhere. No ala carte, just meal only and we were not on the DDP. Didn't eat anywhere else on Boardwalk. I can fill other places in if you would like.

4. We had breakfast from the bakery, which we've done before. We had a egg, cheese, bacon croissant and pastries. We like it.

5. We pretty much got our request. We were on the 5th floor. We asked for high and near the elevator. We were somewhat far from the elevator but I had to point out to DH how far the elevator was for floors 2-4. We faced the quiet pool/CH and could see ToT and the water tower. Very nice.

6. We did not try the Belle Vue Lounge. We went to the Waffle House on our last day.

Let me know if you think of anything else. And I'll let you know if I do. It was a madhouse here as I wrote this.

bangzoom6877
01-28-2010, 08:15 PM
1. Both. They are very nice walks. We've stayed at the Dolphin before, so we were already familiar. From the villas I don't think it took 10 minutes to walk to DHS. We don't take the boat. DH has no patience. Sitting on my balcony though, they were plentiful midday.

2. We did not go to CH for activities. We did stop in to see what it's about. It was very nice. They have a tent/castle so DD left screaming.

***We are not very critical/picky food people***

3. We ate at Kouzzina on the boardwalk. It was fine. We are frustrated with how they've changed the kid menus everywhere. No ala carte, just meal only and we were not on the DDP. Didn't eat anywhere else on Boardwalk. I can fill other places in if you would like.

4. We had breakfast from the bakery, which we've done before. We had a egg, cheese, bacon croissant and pastries. We like it.

5. We pretty much got our request. We were on the 5th floor. We asked for high and near the elevator. We were somewhat far from the elevator but I had to point out to DH how far the elevator was for floors 2-4. We faced the quiet pool/CH and could see ToT and the water tower. Very nice.

6. We did not try the Belle Vue Lounge. We went to the Waffle House on our last day.

Let me know if you think of anything else. And I'll let you know if I do. It was a madhouse here as I wrote this.

Sounds great! A 10-minute walk to DHS will probably end up taking us about 20 minutes. Our older son is 5 and will not be in a stroller (just the little guy will...he'll be 3 when we go). So we will be walking a little slower than most people! We will still probably just walk rather than wait for the boat. It's good exercise and gives me an excuse to get more treats at the Boardwalk Bakery! :lmao:

I would love to know the other restaurants in general that you went to at WDW and how they were. We're not going to Kouzzina (the menu doesn't appeal to us that much...I can't stand fennel and it is in a lot of the entrees, and DH is not crazy about the menu either). We have ADRs for dinners at Captain's Grille (Yacht Club), Cape May Cafe (Beach Club) as well as a breakfast ADR for the character breakfast at Cape May. They're all very close to BWV so we figured we'd try them, and the menus look very appealing. We also have ADRs at 3 different places in Epcot (lunch at Akershus, dinner at Chefs de France and dinner at Le Cellier).

Thanks for all the info! I'm glad you had a nice trip. I told my DH that we better not get that room with a view of ToT...it's his favorite ride in all of WDW and he will just wanna keep going on it if he sees it constantly from our window! :rotfl:

WizardLarz
01-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Sounds great! A 10-minute walk to DHS will probably end up taking us about 20 minutes. Our older son is 5 and will not be in a stroller (just the little guy will...he'll be 3 when we go). So we will be walking a little slower than most people! We will still probably just walk rather than wait for the boat. It's good exercise and gives me an excuse to get more treats at the Boardwalk Bakery! :lmao:

I would love to know the other restaurants in general that you went to at WDW and how they were. We're not going to Kouzzina (the menu doesn't appeal to us that much...I can't stand fennel and it is in a lot of the entrees, and DH is not crazy about the menu either). We have ADRs for dinners at Captain's Grille (Yacht Club), Cape May Cafe (Beach Club) as well as a breakfast ADR for the character breakfast at Cape May. They're all very close to BWV so we figured we'd try them, and the menus look very appealing. We also have ADRs at 3 different places in Epcot (lunch at Akershus, dinner at Chefs de France and dinner at Le Cellier).

Thanks for all the info! I'm glad you had a nice trip. I told my DH that we better not get that room with a view of ToT...it's his favorite ride in all of WDW and he will just wanna keep going on it if he sees it constantly from our window! :rotfl:

I would suggest taking the boat on the way back.

For food! MK: Cosmic Ray's had the largest CS selection in the MK if not all of WDW!
AK: I like Tusker House, it is a TS buffet with good variety. I've heard the CS Flame Tree BBQ is good and I'm planning on trying it out this next trip
DHS: IMO does not really have any great CS, but all of the TS there gets alot of good reviews.

bangzoom6877
01-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I would suggest taking the boat on the way back.

For food! MK: Cosmic Ray's had the largest CS selection in the MK if not all of WDW!
AK: I like Tusker House, it is a TS buffet with good variety. I've heard the CS Flame Tree BBQ is good and I'm planning on trying it out this next trip
DHS: IMO does not really have any great CS, but all of the TS there gets alot of good reviews.

It's funny, DH and I have talked about taking the boat back to the resort, not to the park from the resort. In the morning we will all be fresh, have energy and be ready to walk...in the afternoon when returning for our afternoon break, it will be very hot (July!), and DS5 will probably not feel like walking all the way back to the resort. My little one is guaranteed to fall asleep in the stroller on the way back, if not before we even leave the park! But I'm guessing that we have to fold up the stroller in order to go on the boat anyway, right?

What's also funny is that I have been to Cosmic Ray's at MK and thought it was awesome! So many choices, and the entertainment is funny too. We're not going to AK on this trip, but we did go to lunch at Flame Tree last time we were there. It was very good. DHS doesn't have great CS, but my boys love the Pizza Planet so we will take them there one day for lunch (I get the salad though!). The second DHS day, we are having lunch at 50s Prime Time.

LoveKermit
01-28-2010, 10:05 PM
This trip we did breakfast at CRT, dinner at The Plaza (MK) and Raglan Road. We also did the Donald breakfast at AK--we will totally do that again. We hit McDs for snack/lunch after AK, and the BW for a hot dog after CRT. We also had lunch at the food court at DHS. We've never done that--it's always too hot. But we liked the pizza and it was not crowded. Wouldn't even touch it in July.

For your list--Bangzoom--we did Cape May breakfast last year. It's fun. Compared to Donald (now) and Crystal Palace, I'd say it's a little more plain. I don't remember a signature dish. But I could be wrong. But we've never had a bad breakfast. Did I mention--we are not picky?????

DH and I did Chefs de France about 6 years ago when I had a conference (I think that was the time). It's good. We did the price fixe chicken dinner. I would split that if I went back. And LeCellier we did about 5 years ago before the dining plan existed (and reservations were more plentiful). I was pregnant at the time so didn't fully enjoy the experience. I like medium rare steak and red wine. Needless to say, I didn't have that. Also, I don't really like maple syrup anything. So, it's not a must-do for me.

Also, even longer ago, we went to the Yachtman. I remember that being very good for steak.

We've eaten all over the world--just not where you're eating. Let us know how they are. Sorry I can't be more help.

BLTLDZ
01-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi everyone!! Staying at BWV form May 7th-10th, to celebrate my 30th Birthday. :cheer2:
We will be staying in a 1BR standard view. Can't wait!!!

lomillerin
01-31-2010, 12:27 PM
We just booked BWI club level for May 27th to June 3rd:banana:

cjb-nc
01-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Long time Boardwalk owner here...

Parking. Is. Miserable. - no more free valet for members, everyone walks. The lot closest to the standard views is mostly the valet lot, so you can't park there anyway. Disney has slacked off on stopping people from using our parking for Epcot and DHS, so the lots are full. Be prepared to walk, or skip a rental car. Disney: Please go back to carding and issuing parking passes to everyone. Others: please let the guests at Boardwalk use their own parking. We don't park at your resorts. It very aggravating to park in the last spot, at the far end of the lot, only to walk past 90% of the cars without resort parking passes!

Walk to DHS is doable, but remember that you'll already be spending the day walking a mile or more in the park itself. The boats are better in my opinion. We usually take the boat to Epcot as well, but frequently walk back after Wishes when the boats are very busy/full.

The view of Wishes from Boardwalk is ok. Naturally, you miss the half or so of the show that is at the lagoon level (the fire, fountains, lasers, and globe parts). You won't hear the audio either. Still worth watching if you're there. Last trip I sat on the boardwalk near Jellyrolls, and the fireworks were mostly directly above the ESPN building from there.

Kouzzina - Cat Cora's new place is very good. The Boardwalk Bakery is my favorite place for breakfast anywhere. (I love fresh Danish)

PrincessBelle87
01-31-2010, 05:22 PM
My best friend and I are heading back the end of August and hopefully will be staying at Boardwalk! We stayed at SS last year but visited BW and KNEW if we went back we had to stay there. It's so gorgeous!!!! :lovestruc

bangzoom6877
01-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Long time Boardwalk owner here...

Parking. Is. Miserable. - no more free valet for members, everyone walks. The lot closest to the standard views is mostly the valet lot, so you can't park there anyway. Disney has slacked off on stopping people from using our parking for Epcot and DHS, so the lots are full. Be prepared to walk, or skip a rental car. Disney: Please go back to carding and issuing parking passes to everyone. Others: please let the guests at Boardwalk use their own parking. We don't park at your resorts. It very aggravating to park in the last spot, at the far end of the lot, only to walk past 90% of the cars without resort parking passes!

Walk to DHS is doable, but remember that you'll already be spending the day walking a mile or more in the park itself. The boats are better in my opinion. We usually take the boat to Epcot as well, but frequently walk back after Wishes when the boats are very busy/full.

The view of Wishes from Boardwalk is ok. Naturally, you miss the half or so of the show that is at the lagoon level (the fire, fountains, lasers, and globe parts). You won't hear the audio either. Still worth watching if you're there. Last trip I sat on the boardwalk near Jellyrolls, and the fireworks were mostly directly above the ESPN building from there.

Kouzzina - Cat Cora's new place is very good. The Boardwalk Bakery is my favorite place for breakfast anywhere. (I love fresh Danish)

I have heard about how tough the parking can be. We're already prepared for this. Hopefully Disney will crack down and time people parking at the resort who are not staying there. But, the Boardwalk attracts many people so I would imagine it stays pretty busy.

Glad to hear the Boardwalk Bakery is so good! I also love fresh danish.

WizardLarz
01-31-2010, 05:49 PM
It's funny, DH and I have talked about taking the boat back to the resort, not to the park from the resort. In the morning we will all be fresh, have energy and be ready to walk...in the afternoon when returning for our afternoon break, it will be very hot (July!), and DS5 will probably not feel like walking all the way back to the resort. My little one is guaranteed to fall asleep in the stroller on the way back, if not before we even leave the park! But I'm guessing that we have to fold up the stroller in order to go on the boat anyway, right?

From what I recall the boats used for the Epcot Resorts allow for strollers and wheelchairs to just roll on to them.:thumbsup2

bangzoom6877
01-31-2010, 05:56 PM
From what I recall the boats used for the Epcot Resorts allow for strollers and wheelchairs to just roll on to them.:thumbsup2

Oh wow I hope this is true! It would make it so much easier if my son falls asleep before we leave the park!

stitchfan18
01-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Oh wow I hope this is true! It would make it so much easier if my son falls asleep before we leave the park!

We were able to roll our stroller on open earlier this month. They told us to park it in the area by the back door. We didn't have to get my nephew out either, it was great when he was sleeping!

bangzoom6877
02-01-2010, 07:20 AM
We were able to roll our stroller on open earlier this month. They told us to park it in the area by the back door. We didn't have to get my nephew out either, it was great when he was sleeping!

Excellent! I hope during the busy summer season when we go (mid-July), that is the case. Not worried about going to the park in the morning because we will probably walk and everyone will be fresh and have energy...it's the afternoon after a long morning in the heat that increases our chances (to almost 100%!) of just taking the boat back. Most likely my little one will be asleep in the stroller by the time we exit the park. My older one (he's 5) will be walking with us, and will probably want to take the boat instead!

Sandi
02-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Hi All,

We're booked for a BWV studio from April 1 through April 10. It's just DD15 and me for this trip and I'm really excited. We've never stayed at an Epcot resort before, but DHS and Epcot are our favorite parks, so this will be a treat. DD15 is doing Magical Musical Days right before we check into BWV; she'll be moving from the All Stars (Music, I think).

As far as room requests, should I request a top floor room? Anything else? I don't want to get my hopes up too much because I know it is a very busy time of the year, but I really don't want to be on the ground level.

Also, how long is the bus ride to MK and AK?

Any other helpful hints? I've read through the entire thread and you all have added to my excitement. Thanks for this thread!

bangzoom6877
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Hi All,

We're booked for a BWV studio from April 1 through April 10. It's just DD15 and me for this trip and I'm really excited. We've never stayed at an Epcot resort before, but DHS and Epcot are our favorite parks, so this will be a treat. DD15 is doing Magical Musical Days right before we check into BWV; she'll be moving from the All Stars (Music, I think).

As far as room requests, should I request a top floor room? Anything else? I don't want to get my hopes up too much because I know it is a very busy time of the year, but I really don't want to be on the ground level.

Any other helpful hints? I've read through the entire thread and you all have added to my excitement. Thanks for this thread!

If you're booked in a standard view studio, ask for the top floor across from the bus stop. I had been told that you can see some of the higher Epcot fireworks from your balcony if you get this location. If your request is to be on the top floor, then yes, you should request that.

Glad that we have all added to your excitement!! I am very excited! This is our first time staying at BWV (bought DVC membership after our last trip which was at Pop Century). Can't wait!!

DVCRon
02-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Heading back "home" to BWV from 2/13 - 2/21 in a 1 BR. Haven't been back since July '07.

Does anyone know if they finished renovating the 5th floor standard view rooms opposite the bus stop?

jlovesee
02-04-2010, 12:17 PM
I just returned from a 1 bedroom standard view room #4119, (booked at 7 month window) and when I checked in they said both 4th and 5th floors had been renovated. (3rd floor was under renovation when we were there but didn't hear anything) We were right across from the bus stop and had great views of EPCOT fireworks. Room was beautiful and it was a great location, 2 doors down from the stairwell, right across from the bus stop and parking lot. BTW Stairwell door is right across from room XX21 so I would probably recommend avoiding that room, hearing the door open and slam all the time would be a pain I think.

We also had no problem with parking, of course this was in late January which is off season so that is most likely why. However even thursday night when there was a HUGE convention we still had no trouble finding a spot.

What really impressed me about Boardwalk was its location. It was about a 10 minute walk to EPCOT, and one time we walked by the boat dock when the boat was casting off, and still hit the intl gateway about the same time AS the boat. We were walking a pretty average speed. So I think walking is definitly a better choice then the boat and it is such a nice walk.

MGM was a little further, maybe about 15 mins, but it was a nice walk along the waterway. (again with our location it probably made MGM closer then if we had a Boardwalk view) We did take the bus one time to MK and twice back from MK, it stopped at Swan/Dolphin on the way there, and Boardwalk was the first stop on the way back. Never waited more the 10 minutes for the bus, and in many cases it was pulling up when we got to the stop.

The only negative to the Boardwalk is that it really needs a CS location, we had the DDP, and it worked out well (we ate CS at the parks mostly) but when we stopped at the Bakery once, the food was VERY fresh and good.

Jennifer

jackemail
02-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks, jlovesee, for a new BWI report...just love reading about it!!

DVCRon
02-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi All,

To AK I'd say about 20-25 minutes. To MK about 15.

Of course you have to add the time you will actually wait for the bus to arrive at BW. They usually arrive every 20 minutes so you wait can be anywhere from zero to 20 minutes dependening on when the last bus was there.

DVCRon
02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks Jennifer!

Sandi
02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
To AK I'd say about 20-25 minutes. To MK about 15.

Of course you have to add the time you will actually wait for the bus to arrive at BW. They usually arrive every 20 minutes so you wait can be anywhere from zero to 20 minutes dependening on when the last bus was there.

Thanks Ron. It was the actual ride time that I was wondering about. This is really helpful. I'm looking forward to your posting when you return from your trip later this month, so don't forget us!

Thanks also to Jennifer. That hint about rooms xx21 is one I'm writing in my notes!

bangzoom6877
02-04-2010, 04:17 PM
I just returned from a 1 bedroom standard view room #4119, (booked at 7 month window) and when I checked in they said both 4th and 5th floors had been renovated. (3rd floor was under renovation when we were there but didn't hear anything) We were right across from the bus stop and had great views of EPCOT fireworks. Room was beautiful and it was a great location, 2 doors down from the stairwell, right across from the bus stop and parking lot. BTW Stairwell door is right across from room XX21 so I would probably recommend avoiding that room, hearing the door open and slam all the time would be a pain I think.

We also had no problem with parking, of course this was in late January which is off season so that is most likely why. However even thursday night when there was a HUGE convention we still had no trouble finding a spot.

What really impressed me about Boardwalk was its location. It was about a 10 minute walk to EPCOT, and one time we walked by the boat dock when the boat was casting off, and still hit the intl gateway about the same time AS the boat. We were walking a pretty average speed. So I think walking is definitly a better choice then the boat and it is such a nice walk.

MGM was a little further, maybe about 15 mins, but it was a nice walk along the waterway. (again with our location it probably made MGM closer then if we had a Boardwalk view) We did take the bus one time to MK and twice back from MK, it stopped at Swan/Dolphin on the way there, and Boardwalk was the first stop on the way back. Never waited more the 10 minutes for the bus, and in many cases it was pulling up when we got to the stop.

The only negative to the Boardwalk is that it really needs a CS location, we had the DDP, and it worked out well (we ate CS at the parks mostly) but when we stopped at the Bakery once, the food was VERY fresh and good.

Jennifer

Thanks so much for the review! For our July trip, we requested top floor across from the bus stop. We will also be staying in a 1-bedroom standard view. We will have the DDP also, and I know the CS is lacking in the area, but glad to hear how good the food was at the Boardwalk Bakery! I hope the renovations are done when we go (middle of July).

bonjovi
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi all! I'm cautiously joining here. I just reserved a std view Boardwalk Villa for 4/14-4/20. I had a choice of the Boardwalk villa or the Animal Kingdom Kidani (std. view-no animals).

1. Did I make a good choice? I actually live near Atlantic city and live in Cape May so the boardwalk looks just like my hometown!
2. Are all the 1 BR villas re-done? The rep from Disney didn't know so I'm kind of wondering where I will end up with the "std. view"
3. With the Std. View, it sounds like I should request an upper floor. Can I request a view of the Boardwalk or is that considered a different category room?
4. can someone tell me if the Boardwalk villas are great for a first time visit for a 4 YO and 2YO? I like the idea of walking them in a stroller to epcot. I like the appeal of the Kidani though, with two full bathrooms and all new. But if all the 1BR are re-done in the Boardwalk villas, that would be amazing!!

5. How is the pool in the Boardwalk? Can we go to neighboring pools?
5. What type of meal plan best suits staying in the BWV? Sounds like there is not much counter service around......

Thanks all for the help. Can someone tell me how many commodes are in a 1BR villa. The Disney rep said there is one in the master bath and a seperate commode/sink area but I'm not so sure....

bangzoom6877
02-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi all! I'm cautiously joining here. I just reserved a std view Boardwalk Villa for 4/14-4/20. I had a choice of the Boardwalk villa or the Animal Kingdom Kidani (std. view-no animals).

1. Did I make a good choice? I actually live near Atlantic city and live in Cape May so the boardwalk looks just like my hometown!
2. Are all the 1 BR villas re-done? The rep from Disney didn't know so I'm kind of wondering where I will end up with the "std. view"
3. With the Std. View, it sounds like I should request an upper floor. Can I request a view of the Boardwalk or is that considered a different category room?
4. can someone tell me if the Boardwalk villas are great for a first time visit for a 4 YO and 2YO? I like the idea of walking them in a stroller to epcot. I like the appeal of the Kidani though, with two full bathrooms and all new. But if all the 1BR are re-done in the Boardwalk villas, that would be amazing!!

5. How is the pool in the Boardwalk? Can we go to neighboring pools?
5. What type of meal plan best suits staying in the BWV? Sounds like there is not much counter service around......

Thanks all for the help. Can someone tell me how many commodes are in a 1BR villa. The Disney rep said there is one in the master bath and a seperate commode/sink area but I'm not so sure....

1. I'm sure you made a good choice! The Boardwalk at Disney is supposed to be similar to the Boardwalk of the 1920s and 1930s, so it probably doesn't really look like today's Boardwalk in Atlantic City. I've been to Atlantic City a few times, and although I only saw Disney's Boardwalk from a distance (across the lake at beach Club), it seemed different to me, and it was absolutely beautiful!

2. I think that most 1-bedrooms are re-done but not entirely sure. Originally they were all supposed to be complete in January 2010 so I'm sure they're close. You still have a couple of months to go, so I would say there's a good chance.

3. Boardwalk View is a different category, and costs more if paying cash, and more points if staying on DVC points. I requested top floor across from the bus stop for 1-bedroom standard view for our July trip, as I have learned that you can see some of the higher Epcot fireworks from those rooms. This is great when you have little ones! Relax, watch fireworks in your pajamas, then go right to bed! No fighting crowds to get out of the park!

4. I think Boardwalk would be a great place for children those ages. My sons will be 3 and 5 when we go in July, and I think Boardwalk is perfect. We plan to have our older son walk with us, and the little one will be in his umbrella stroller. We also think it is wonderful to just be able to walk right over to Epcot and DHS!

5. You can't use the pool at Yacht Club/Beach Club, even if you are a DVC member staying on points. Boardwalk has the Luna Park pool with a big roller coaster slide, and you slide out of a clown's mouth and into the pool. They have a pool party there every afternoon. There is also a quiet pool, closer to the standard view rooms I believe.

6. Yes, counter service is lacking at Boardwalk compared to other resort areas. However, we still decided to go with the basic dining plan. We have a 10-night stay planned, with 7 days at the parks so we will be getting CS for lunch those days at the theme parks. The other days, we will either have lunch from Boardwalk Bakery (accepts dining plan...CS credit or snack if you get a little something) or maybe go to another resort or Downtown Disney. If you go with the deluxe dining plan, you can eat at all the TS restaurants in the area, but you will get 3 full meals a day (your choice of TS or CS, any combination you want), but TS meals will then include an appetizer as well. DH and I have gone back and forth about getting the deluxe plan and we still think it is too much since we don't plan on signatures (except Cinderella's castle).

As far as I know, there is one full bathroom (which has a whirlpool tub!) in the 1-bedroom villa at BWV. There is also a kitchen which has a sink.

Enjoy!! I think you made the right decision. Animal Kingdom Villas are nice if you get a savannah view, but IMHO, BWV is a much better location. We had considered purchasing AKV at first because of the theming but we liked the BWV location much better...close proximity to 2 parks. However, of course there are other people who love AKV and would never stay anywhere else. You'd get varying opinions about that on the boards.

elgerber
02-04-2010, 07:59 PM
The bathroom in a 1 bedroom has a room with a sink, shower and toilet. There is then an outer bathroom area which has the whirlpool and another sink and a walk in closet (which doubles as a dressing room for my kids LOL).

bonjovi
02-05-2010, 09:32 AM
1. I'm sure you made a good choice! The Boardwalk at Disney is supposed to be similar to the Boardwalk of the 1920s and 1930s, so it probably doesn't really look like today's Boardwalk in Atlantic City. I've been to Atlantic City a few times, and although I only saw Disney's Boardwalk from a distance (across the lake at beach Club), it seemed different to me, and it was absolutely beautiful!

2. I think that most 1-bedrooms are re-done but not entirely sure. Originally they were all supposed to be complete in January 2010 so I'm sure they're close. You still have a couple of months to go, so I would say there's a good chance.

3. Boardwalk View is a different category, and costs more if paying cash, and more points if staying on DVC points. I requested top floor across from the bus stop for 1-bedroom standard view for our July trip, as I have learned that you can see some of the higher Epcot fireworks from those rooms. This is great when you have little ones! Relax, watch fireworks in your pajamas, then go right to bed! No fighting crowds to get out of the park!

4. I think Boardwalk would be a great place for children those ages. My sons will be 3 and 5 when we go in July, and I think Boardwalk is perfect. We plan to have our older son walk with us, and the little one will be in his umbrella stroller. We also think it is wonderful to just be able to walk right over to Epcot and DHS!

5. You can't use the pool at Yacht Club/Beach Club, even if you are a DVC member staying on points. Boardwalk has the Luna Park pool with a big roller coaster slide, and you slide out of a clown's mouth and into the pool. They have a pool party there every afternoon. There is also a quiet pool, closer to the standard view rooms I believe.

6. Yes, counter service is lacking at Boardwalk compared to other resort areas. However, we still decided to go with the basic dining plan. We have a 10-night stay planned, with 7 days at the parks so we will be getting CS for lunch those days at the theme parks. The other days, we will either have lunch from Boardwalk Bakery (accepts dining plan...CS credit or snack if you get a little something) or maybe go to another resort or Downtown Disney. If you go with the deluxe dining plan, you can eat at all the TS restaurants in the area, but you will get 3 full meals a day (your choice of TS or CS, any combination you want), but TS meals will then include an appetizer as well. DH and I have gone back and forth about getting the deluxe plan and we still think it is too much since we don't plan on signatures (except Cinderella's castle).

As far as I know, there is one full bathroom (which has a whirlpool tub!) in the 1-bedroom villa at BWV. There is also a kitchen which has a sink.

Enjoy!! I think you made the right decision. Animal Kingdom Villas are nice if you get a savannah view, but IMHO, BWV is a much better location. We had considered purchasing AKV at first because of the theming but we liked the BWV location much better...close proximity to 2 parks. However, of course there are other people who love AKV and would never stay anywhere else. You'd get varying opinions about that on the boards.

The bathroom in a 1 bedroom has a room with a sink, shower and toilet. There is then an outer bathroom area which has the whirlpool and another sink and a walk in closet (which doubles as a dressing room for my kids LOL).

Thank you both so much. I took the virtual tour of the room and did notice the bathroom set up. the only pics I found online of the pool where of the big puking clown! so I could not see the size or set up of the pool area well. I'll keep looking though. I do like the idea of not having to transport two kids and a stroller to two of the parks but I'm a sucker about having a "newer" room so we'll see. I have read about requesting upper floors and will give it a shot. I wonder if the upgrade to boardwalk view would be nicer though-DH thinks it would be too loud....

LoveKermit
02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
BW view availability is limited and I would guess gone for April.

We were at Epcot on a pretty crowded Friday. But we watched on the bridge between England and France. When it was over, we turned the stroller around and left. I would not call it "fighting the crowds" like you do at the front of Epcot or MK after Wishes.

I would stick with you BWV choice. I would feel like I would need a car at AKV (though we almost always rent a car). But it feels so far--which I know people like. But BWV is just so central to things.

CruznLexi
02-06-2010, 01:59 AM
We are DVC members and are thinking of staying here in Jan before our Panama Canal cruise. I want to get some info on boardwalk. Are the Villas in the same building as the Inn? How close are the studios to the pool? The main pool. What activites does community hall have? Can you take the boat from HS to Epcot and Vice Versa? How is the bus service from BW to MK? Can you walk to the mini golf? How is the Bakery? What about the walk from the standard studio to the bus stop. Any info will help.

WizardLarz
02-06-2010, 12:23 PM
I'll do what I can to help you!
We are DVC members and are thinking of staying here in Jan before our Panama Canal cruise. I want to get some info on boardwalk.

Are the Villas in the same building as the Inn? When standing at the enterance the Inn is to the right, and the Villas are to the left.

How close are the studios to the pool? I've been told that the studios are spread throughout the Villas. The main pool. The main pool is central to the complex, so you could get lucky and be real close.

What activites does community hall have? Sorry I don't know.

Can you take the boat from HS to Epcot and Vice Versa? Yes boats run from DHS to Epcot with three stops in between at the resorts.

How is the bus service from BW to MK? Sorry I don't know.

Can you walk to the mini golf? Yes, the Fantasia Gardens course is across the street from the Swan

How is the Bakery? I've heard and read nothing but good things about the Bakery!

What about the walk from the standard studio to the bus stop. It will all depend on where your room is in the complex. Check out this map it may help. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm Any info will help.

LSchrow
02-06-2010, 01:29 PM
I have read about requesting upper floors and will give it a shot. I wonder if the upgrade to boardwalk view would be nicer though-DH thinks it would be too loud....

absolutely request near elevator if you have a stroller, then upper floor second.
bw view is fabulous :cloud9: , but only available with dvc points (not cash, not even dvc member discounted rate). we found closing the balcony doors and insulated drapes stops almost all of the noise (imho, bw view is less noisy than pool view, or most bcv views, btw).
waking up to the sun lighting up the lake, and going to sleep watching illuminations is priceless :lovestruc

bangzoom6877
02-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Thank you both so much. I took the virtual tour of the room and did notice the bathroom set up. the only pics I found online of the pool where of the big puking clown! so I could not see the size or set up of the pool area well. I'll keep looking though. I do like the idea of not having to transport two kids and a stroller to two of the parks but I'm a sucker about having a "newer" room so we'll see. I have read about requesting upper floors and will give it a shot. I wonder if the upgrade to boardwalk view would be nicer though-DH thinks it would be too loud....

DH and I also think the BW view would be too loud, particularly because our kids go to bed early. We will let them watch the fireworks from the room (if we can see it from there) at 9PM, then they will go to bed. It's a little later than their normal weekend bedtime at home (between 8 and 8:30PM) but they do well if they stay up that late and still have to get up early the next morning, so I have no problem letting them stay up. Anyway, we just worry that if there is too much noise from the Boardwalk after 9 or 9:30 PM, our boys may have trouble getting to sleep. As far as we're concerned, we would go to bed later anyway, but probably not much later because a day at the parks is pretty exhausting. Probably a soak in the jacuzzi and then off to bed!

CruznLexi
02-06-2010, 02:26 PM
How loud is the Boardwalk too. Are the villas loud or are they away from the noise. Really want to try and stay here.

DVCRon
02-06-2010, 06:21 PM
How loud is the Boardwalk too. Are the villas loud or are they away from the noise. Really want to try and stay here.

The Boardwalk can be noisy. There are entertainers at night, people eating outdoor, people strolling, people waiting to get into the restaurants. BW view rooms get to hear this in the evening. In the morning the boats make noise when they are entering the dock area.

Some think the noise level isn't too bad and is worth the advantage of the great views. I know when my kids were little we avoided the BW view rooms.

CaliforniaDreaming
02-06-2010, 06:35 PM
The Boardwalk can be noisy. There are entertainers at night, people eating outdoor, people strolling, people waiting to get into the restaurants. BW view rooms get to hear this in the evening. In the morning the boats make noise when they are entering the dock area.

Some think the noise level isn't too bad and is worth the advantage of the great views. I know when my kids were little we avoided the BW view rooms.

Don't forget about when Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance close (2am?), all the people who have been drinking take a stroll out on the boardwalk! Such a joy to wake up to the sound of an intoxicated person laughing or screaming.:scared1:

jackemail
02-06-2010, 07:39 PM
I have to honestly say that I have never heard noise from the Boardwalk area at night or early morning. I have stayed over the bakery area, near ESPN club, over Flying Fish--haven't been disturbed at all.

rie'smom
02-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I have to honestly say that I have never heard noise from the Boardwalk area at night or early morning. I have stayed over the bakery area, near ESPN club, over Flying Fish--haven't been disturbed at all.

We have! On our first trip as DVC members, we stayed above the Crest o' the Wave and every night for the first few nights, drunks woke us up. This is probably because this area of the resort is closest to Jellyrolls.

heatherlynn444
02-06-2010, 08:51 PM
We have! On our first trip as DVC members, we stayed above the Crest o' the Wave and every night for the first few nights, drunks woke us up. This is probably because this area of the resort is closest to Jellyrolls.

note to self: bring sound machine to drown out nosie!

elgerber
02-06-2010, 10:25 PM
It's not just the BW view rooms that have drunken noise issues. We had a standard view room, near the elevators, so near the main entrance. Guess where any of those drunks who aren't staying at the BWV go when the bars close?? Right out the main entrance. We were woken up several times that trip, and didn't even get the BW view enjoyment out of it LOL.

CruznLexi
02-07-2010, 02:12 AM
For those in the DVC non BW view studio is it very noisy? Still undecided between here and Kidani Village. Love Kidani but thought it would be nice to walk to the BW

Tikitoi
02-07-2010, 09:36 AM

Have to totally agree here. Once we closed our balcony doors, no disturbance. We as well stayed near ESPN. Can't wait to go back.

elgerber
02-07-2010, 09:51 AM
For those in the DVC non BW view studio is it very noisy? Still undecided between here and Kidani Village. Love Kidani but thought it would be nice to walk to the BW

The only time noise has been an issue for us, is as posted above, staying right near the entrance. The people exiting the Boardwalk were loud, and the ME luggage carts also. I prefer to be farther down, more like across from the bus stop for standard view. Poolview I have not had noise issues either. I love BWV, the location is so amazing, I wouldn't stay anywhere else :).

CruznLexi
02-07-2010, 01:42 PM
We are going to try and stay at 7 mos if not we are happy with Kidani Village.

ehaimann236
02-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Our home base for DVC is Boardwalk and we love it there. It is our favorite right along side of Old Key West. We normally stay in the 2 Bedroom suite with a view of the bus stop which is great because of the fireworks at EPCOT. In our family there is a 15, 20, and 2 Adults. The resort has a lot to do for everyone. The pool with the slide is great for during the day and the quite pool is wonderful at night to relax in the hot tub or to get you laps in without worrying about other people. I use the health room while im there and my favorite time to go is at night when no one but the Custodians are around.

Another plus of the Boardwalk is how close its location to EPCOT and Hollywood studios. A boat ride or walk will have you to the parks in no time which is great if you have dinner reservations in world showcase which we do a lot.

My favorite restaurant around Boardwalk is actually over at the Beach Club. It is Beaches and Cream. Great for a milkshake after the park to walk around the boardwalk with. Some folks don't like the food but I do.

Have a great vacation and enjoy one of the best resorts on property.

TigerKat
02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Have to totally agree here. Once we closed our balcony doors, no disturbance. We as well stayed near ESPN. Can't wait to go back.

Same here, we were close to ESPN and had no noise issues.

sfbank
02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
We have stayed here every year since DD was 4 and have never had an issue with noise. We have always had a Boardwalk view with the exception of one night when we had to add a day due to a flight change. They could not get us into our deluxe room on that day so we had a courtyard view on the 4th floor which was still nice but we LOVE our Boardwalk view:love: For whatever that is worth:rotfl:

TK Brown
02-08-2010, 04:28 PM
We just got back from staying at BW 1/19-1/25. It was awesome! Room was great! We did not have a BW view, but got to watch Illuminations from our room every night. That was way cool. We never heard a single person in the hallway.

LoveKermit
02-08-2010, 07:34 PM
TK--we were there the same time--1/21-1/25. We realized last weekend that we never saw another guest. We saw two different rooms with a used room service tray outside (for too long), so we knew there were other people on our floor. But outside of hotel staff, we never saw any guests. I think twice I was on an elevator with other people (so I lied a little).

DVCRon
02-08-2010, 10:32 PM
I can't remember if the Boardwalk has a hair salon (wife is asking). If not do they have one at the Yacht and Beach Club?

lomillerin
02-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Does anyone know what are the possible views for a standard club room?

Is it possible to get a dumpster or parking lot view staying club level?

WizardLarz
02-09-2010, 12:00 AM
I pulled up an aerial view of the BWV & BWI and the only place I see possible dumpsters is down by Jelly Rolls on the BWV side. The may also be some on the BWI side over by the conference center. Going by the map the rooms I would call the worst standard view are 1123-1136 thru 4123-4136. they mainly look at the parking lot and towards DHS.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm

All the Pool/Canal views look across at the Swan & Dolphin. So those folks that get a standard room in the 1097-4121, esspecially on the 4th floor are the lucky ones that can see part of Illuminations!

Myself I don't care what room I get for two reasons!
1. I'm at Walt Disney World.
2. I'm staying at The Boardwalk Villas.

jayally
02-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Are buildings numbered or color coded? I have a standard studio booked but would like to request something in the pink, blue or green colored buildings on an upper floor near the elevator and farily close to parking since we will have a rental car. I know we won't face the boardwalk but a luna pool view would be nice. Any particular studio room number someone can recommend? I booked the studio on DVC rental points and I don't have a confirmation number. How would I submit a room request/preference? Thanks.

lala3291
02-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I can't remember if the Boardwalk has a hair salon (wife is asking). If not do they have one at the Yacht and Beach Club?

Unfortunately, there is not a hair salon at the BWI. However, there IS a hair salon at the Yacht and Beach Club. Hope that helps:goodvibes

LoveKermit
02-09-2010, 08:47 AM
jayally--I think your ressie-maker has to do requests.

It sounds like you want to request Luna Pool view near the elevator. You cannot be near the Luna pool (if you have a preferred view reserved) and near the parking lot. But if you are near the elevator, you wouldn't be too far from the main entrance.

If you want to be near parking, you want to face the quiet pool.

We faced the quiet pool, but DH would usually just go get the car and DD and I would linger in the lobby or he would get a headstart from the room. It wasn't too big of a deal.

WizardLarz
02-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Boardwalk Inn & Villas Map

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm

Are buildings numbered or color coded? Both, check above Map! I have a standard studio booked but would like to request something in the pink, blue or green colored buildings on an upper floor near the elevator and farily close to parking since we will have a rental car. I know we won't face the boardwalk but a luna pool view would be nice. I was under the impression that all standard studios face the parking lot. Also from what I've read the 3rd & 4th floors of the green section offer partial views of IllumiNations. Any particular studio room number someone can recommend? I booked the studio on DVC rental points and I don't have a confirmation number. Try asking the DVCer if they'll give you the confirmation # or if they'll make the request for you. How would I submit a room request/preference? Thanks.

plgrn
02-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Has anyone slept on the pull out sofas here? Do you know if the renovated rooms have new ones? We will be going in March and will be sleeping "on the couch"

elgerber
02-09-2010, 03:03 PM
I haven't slept on it myself, my dd (who is as tall as me) sleeps on it. I have laid down on it though, and they are very comfortable!

goofy4tink
02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Are buildings numbered or color coded? I have a standard studio booked but would like to request something in the pink, blue or green colored buildings on an upper floor near the elevator and farily close to parking since we will have a rental car. I know we won't face the boardwalk but a luna pool view would be nice. Any particular studio room number someone can recommend? I booked the studio on DVC rental points and I don't have a confirmation number. How would I submit a room request/preference? Thanks.
A 'standard' view studio will put you on the parking lot/bus stop side of the bldg. I would ask for ground floor, facing the bus stop. There is a door, that leads to a walkway to the street, which you will then cross to get to the parking lot. But, that isn't going to be close to an elevator. No way can you be close to an elevator but close to parking on an upper floor. There are no pool/water views in the standard catagory, so a view of Luna Park Pool is out.

The way BW is set up you have only the one bank of elevators on the DVC side. These elevators are right down from the main lobby area. So...you could ask for a studio near the elevators, on an upper floor and then you would have to do down to the 2nd floor (lobby), cross the lobby area, out the front doors and down the walkway past the bus stop to the parking lot.

sharadoc
02-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Has anyone slept on the pull out sofas here? Do you know if the renovated rooms have new ones? We will be going in March and will be sleeping "on the couch"

Just got back from a week at BWV :cloud9: and we were VERY happy with it. We had reserved a 1BR standard view on the 4/3 deal and when we checked in, we were told we were in a preferred room :banana: Wow - upgrade!! We were on the ground floor, facing the quiet pool and Community Hall. This was an extra bonus, since the Luna Park Pool was closed during our stay. Then it became not such a big deal, since it was FREEZING! and too cold to swim. But, we did go to Community Hall a few times and played some games and DD did some crafts, so it was great.

Like many others have said, the walk to our room was a bit long, and very annoying at the end of the day. We were in room 1091, so it was one long hall way from the elevators, plus another shorter hallway. I think it was in the middle of the wing, I don't know what I would have done if I had to go any further along the wing.

Beds were great. DD and I had the bedroom and DH and DS had the sofabed. DH said it was VERY comfortable and had no problem sleeping. I believe we had a renovated room - the sofa seemed new, but I could be wrong since I don't have anything to compare to.

We'll probably try more villas in the next few years, but I would be happy to return. I understand why everyone loves it. It was great having the Boardwalk area to go to in the evenings just to unwind. Everyone there was very nice and took great care of us during our entire stay. Loved the shampoo too!

Sandi
02-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Unfortunately, there is not a hair salon at the BWI. However, there IS a hair salon at the Yacht and Beach Club. Hope that helps:goodvibes

The Mandara Spa at the Swan/Dolphin has hair services as well and is one that was recommended to me. I can't vouch for them though.

polkadotminnie
02-09-2010, 08:42 PM
We will be at BWI the same week. I am from HSV too.;)

plgrn
02-09-2010, 10:55 PM
We will be at BWI the same week. I am from HSV too.;)

Enjoy your stay:goodvibes

CaliforniaDreaming
02-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I asked this on the other BWI thread, but I have standard view rooms booked. Was wondering if the village green rooms are considered standard at the Inn? It also looks like a few of these don't have balconies. Any experiences with the ones that have the courtyard view with the small standing room balconies like the BC has? I see there are atleast a handful of them from looking at pictures and walking around the resort.

Also, anyone know if I can add room requests online?

Thanks!

TigerKat
02-11-2010, 07:50 AM
I'm so excited to be leaving for BWV tomorrow!:cool1:

LoveKermit
02-11-2010, 09:33 AM
CaliforniaDreaming--

Don't know your Village Green question. Right now I can't even remember the answer to that in terms of BWV.

But I don't think you can make room requests online. And I know you cannot make room requests through online check-in.

I would call and have it put on my reservation and I would have it read back to me.

Just my advice.

angikay30
02-13-2010, 02:52 PM
First time staying at Boardwalk --- and first time staying at an Epcot resort.

Can someone tell me:

1. Do ALL Concierge 'Standard' rooms have full balconies?

2. Do ALL concierge 'Standard' rooms contain a junior daybed?

3. How many of the concierge 'Standard' rooms face the boardwalk?

4. What is the view for the concierge 'Standard' rooms that do NOT face the boardwalk?

Thanks so much for your response!!!

Twoboysnmygirl
02-13-2010, 03:56 PM
I asked this on the other thread but realized this thread is the new thread! :goodvibes

We are planning our 20th anniversary trip next year and I'm wondering if we can get a standard room with a king bed that is FULL Boardwalk view without paying for CL? I doubt we would use CL, but I'm worried that just requesting the view and king bed on a standard reservation won't get us what we want. Anyone have any suggestions? I guess we could just bite the bullet and go CL, but I'm not sure we would use it much and I think it will be out of our budget, even if we have AP's.

scottmel
02-13-2010, 09:39 PM
First time staying at Boardwalk --- and first time staying at an Epcot resort.

Can someone tell me:

1. Do ALL Concierge 'Standard' rooms have full balconies? Yes!

2. Do ALL concierge 'Standard' rooms contain a junior daybed? No. Some are King w/ daybed and some are 2 queens

3. How many of the concierge 'Standard' rooms face the boardwalk? I don't know but I heard not that many

4. What is the view for the concierge 'Standard' rooms that do NOT face the boardwalk? The only dreaded view is the room that is right over the ESPN club. It is near a service entrance and that isn't so bad but when you look out of this room you overlook the epcot walkway but a big old satellite dish is right in your view. Our view was a garden view overlooking the quiet pool and very lovely. One of my favorite things about BWI CL is the view is almost ALWAYS perfect - aside from the 2 or so rooms dealing with the satellite dish. You aren't over parking or a rooftop, etc. Views are nice onCL.

Thanks so much for your response!!!

angikay30
02-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for your response Scottmel! Helped me out greatly!! So, since I need a junior daybed --- I'll be sure to add that to my room request.

Also, one of my room requests is to be close to the lounge - would this request keep me away from the dreaded espn satellite view?

(assuming of course that my room requests are met)

scottmel
02-14-2010, 01:04 PM
/Yes the dreaded view is down a VERY LONG hallway at the end. To be close to the lounge would be very far away from this long hallway. I stayed 1/2 down the long hallway - garden view - it was great. The long hallway is fine. It is when you hit the END of the hallway that the dreaded view comes into play. PERSONALLY if I were to make the reservation this would be key to me and I would flat out state "not near ESPN Satellite Dish". You might not get "close to the lounge" but if you state the above that seems like such a direct request.....Unfortunately when we arrived last summer, I did not get my request and ended up with a boardwalk view (awful huh? JK) but a king bed and a junior daybed. We really needed 2 queens so I had to sleep there a night, then switch the following day and they tried to put me in the Espn room but I knew about the layout before accepting the change and had them search more and got my ideal view...I just LOVE LOVE the BWI and honestly, it is like a 60 second walk to the lounge from the farthest point...There are a FEW rooms that are outside the locked inn keeper lounge - they had to move this door due to some fire issue so techincally there a few rooms outside the locked inn door (restricted access) that are part of club level.Very Very nice views here though..and they do the have the jr. daybed here...But I like being in the locked area and if you are stuck out there your walk would be about 40 seconds to the lounge. You can't go wrong here, I would not worry about "close to the lounge" as I would the ESPN room...Nothing is really that far from the lounge (except the cottages out back...) Hope that made sense

scottmel
02-14-2010, 01:08 PM
You know as I sat here and thought about it, my 1st room contained 1 king and 1 daybed. My second room had 2 queens but my DD11 is insisting the love seat daybed was there here as well. I would contact the IPO office and ask them the daybed question. No sense blowing a request if they all have a daybed. I assume you are a party of 5? the other stuff I am 100% sure of but you got me thinking on the daybed thing....

Disney0010
02-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Hello. We have booked the BWI for four nights in August. We booked a waterview room. We are not worried about noise from the Boardwalk but does anyone have any comments or suggestions? We were told that the rooms would have a balcony. I assume that since we booked a waterview that we will indeed be overlooking the boardwalk and water. Any special area that we should ask for at check-in? It will only be two adults.

Thanks.

autumnpalm
02-14-2010, 07:35 PM
A week today we'll be all checked in to our BWV and walking through the International Gateway to Epcot!!!:cool1::cool1:

bangzoom6877
02-14-2010, 09:30 PM
A week today we'll be all checked in to our BWV and walking through the International Gateway to Epcot!!!:cool1::cool1:

Woo-hoo!!! Let us all know how your trip is!!

Our trip is just under the 5-month mark now and that feels so good!! We haven't been to WDW since July 2008, and it felt like it would take forever before we got back there (even though we knew it would be this year!). We bought the DVC membership at BWV in September 2008 knowing our first trip home would be July 2010 and it is finally getting close!!! We're also looking forward to walking through the Int'l Gateway!

bangzoom6877
02-14-2010, 09:32 PM
DH and I were talking about how we could get away with not using the car even to go to resort restaurant ADRs for dinner (we have a few of those). We were thinking we can walk to DHS and take any resort bus we want to take. Or, if it is in the MK area (we have one dinner at Kona) we can take the BWV bus to MK and the monorail or boat. We could also take the MK bus and then the boat to Wilderness Lodge for Whispering Canyon. Would any of you recommend this or no? We could just drive, and probably would end up doing that anyway, since parking is not easy at BWV. But, just want to know what our options are.

heatherlynn444
02-14-2010, 09:37 PM
we check in to BWI one month from today, for the first time!:banana:

to answer the above posters ?, yes those ways are def. possible, as far as WCC< it just depends on when you hit it as far astaking the boat. It may be faster to just take a bus from MK to WL. good luck!

yellownovawife
02-14-2010, 09:53 PM
DH and I were talking about how we could get away with not using the car even to go to resort restaurant ADRs for dinner (we have a few of those). We were thinking we can walk to DHS and take any resort bus we want to take. Or, if it is in the MK area (we have one dinner at Kona) we can take the BWV bus to MK and the monorail or boat. We could also take the MK bus and then the boat to Wilderness Lodge for Whispering Canyon. Would any of you recommend this or no? We could just drive, and probably would end up doing that anyway, since parking is not easy at BWV. But, just want to know what our options are.

If you have your car with you - I would suggest that you drive for adr's at Kona and Whispering canyon. It is just a longer haul and if you end up having to wait awhile for the bus it can take a long time. we took a taxi to the grand Floridian twice for meals for just that reason. We took bussing back from a few other adrs and it took a long time due to the transferring.

yellownovawife
02-14-2010, 09:56 PM
we just returned from 7 nights at BWV - our first time there and it is a beautiful resort! We loved being so close to DHS and Epcot! Too bad it was so cold and rainy! The pool was still closed - it was supposed to reopen the day we arrived but it did not. This was a dissappointment but since i was so cold outside, it did not matter too much! We would definitely stay at BWV again in the future.

CaliforniaDreaming
02-14-2010, 10:34 PM
we just returned from 7 nights at BWV - our first time there and it is a beautiful resort! We loved being so close to DHS and Epcot! Too bad it was so cold and rainy! The pool was still closed - it was supposed to reopen the day we arrived but it did not. This was a dissappointment but since i was so cold outside, it did not matter too much! We would definitely stay at BWV again in the future.

Welcome back! What kind of view did you have? I'm looking forward to my upcoming stay, BWI then moving over to BWV. Such an awesome area!

bangzoom6877
02-15-2010, 12:01 PM
If you have your car with you - I would suggest that you drive for adr's at Kona and Whispering canyon. It is just a longer haul and if you end up having to wait awhile for the bus it can take a long time. we took a taxi to the grand Floridian twice for meals for just that reason. We took bussing back from a few other adrs and it took a long time due to the transferring.

OK then, we will just drive to those ADRs! We're driving down from NY so it's not like we have to add the expense of a rental car in order to get around by car. I'd rather deal with parking issues when returning to the resort than risk being late for an ADR! Thanks for the advice!

angikay30
02-15-2010, 01:11 PM
You know as I sat here and thought about it, my 1st room contained 1 king and 1 daybed. My second room had 2 queens but my DD11 is insisting the love seat daybed was there here as well. I would contact the IPO office and ask them the daybed question. No sense blowing a request if they all have a daybed. I assume you are a party of 5? the other stuff I am 100% sure of but you got me thinking on the daybed thing....

Okay --- I checked with IPO --- this is the answer I received:

Within the Standard club rooms available - there are:

4 rooms that contain a King size bed and NO daybed.
5 rooms that contain 2 Queen size beds and NO daybed.

The rest of the rooms - 20 in the 'Standard' Club category sleep 5 - so, they have 2 Queen beds and a daybed.

Thanks for your help Scottmel!!

lovesdumbo
02-15-2010, 03:43 PM

The rest of the rooms - 20 in the 'Standard' Club category sleep 5 - so, they have 2 Queen beds and a daybed.

I wonder if those 5 rooms with 2 queens/no daybed are smaller.:confused3 I could see DS & I getting one of those rooms because there is just the 2 of us but I like having the daybed to sit on.

yellownovawife
02-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Welcome back! What kind of view did you have? I'm looking forward to my upcoming stay, BWI then moving over to BWV. Such an awesome area!

We had asked for a view of iluminations. We got a view of the courtyard - I guess we were over the Wyland art gallery. We could see a bit of Illuminations and a bit of the Boardwalk.

BillNancy
02-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Going to be staying at BWV for our first time staying on Disney property, exchanged with our time share and got a 2 bedroom villa, not sure where we will be located and just kinda shooting in the dark on that one, but really who can let the room you end up with ruin your trip to WDW... Yep Me wife and all 3 kids pretty excited to go :)

bicker
02-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Can someone confirm what I've heard before? That guests (who are not members, but) staying on rented points, get "free" Internet...

TigerKat
02-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Can someone confirm what I've heard before? That guests (who are not members, but) staying on rented points, get "free" Internet...

Just got back last night and it is true!:thumbsup2

PrincessKsMom
02-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm booked in CBR right now, but thinking of switching to Boardwalk Inn (standard room). Can anyone who's stayed at either/both give me their opinion on moving? Thanks.

TigerKat
02-17-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm booked in CBR right now, but thinking of switching to Boardwalk Inn (standard room). Can anyone who's stayed at either/both give me their opinion on moving? Thanks.

I've stayed at and loved both, you can't beat BWI's location!

floridascgirl
02-17-2010, 09:01 PM
My mom and I will be staying at BWI (Standard Room) for the first time in July. I'm not familiar with the resort's layout at all. For those who know the resort, what would you recommend for a room location request? Are any views preferred over others?
Thanks!

scottmel
02-18-2010, 08:43 AM
My mom and I will be staying at BWI (Standard Room) for the first time in July. I'm not familiar with the resort's layout at all. For those who know the resort, what would you recommend for a room location request? Are any views preferred over others?
Thanks!

***the not so hot area for standard view is the front of the hotel - can be noisy with pull up traffic/cabs/drop offs, etc. I would ask to be placed away from the main entrance.

scottmel
02-18-2010, 08:45 AM
I wonder if those 5 rooms with 2 queens/no daybed are smaller.:confused3 I could see DS & I getting one of those rooms because there is just the 2 of us but I like having the daybed to sit on.

No they aren't smaller. I looked thru our trip pics to see who was right - me or dd - I was! We had a large desk in place of where a love seat was in the prior room. the rooms that ARE bigger but still standard, are the corner rooms. You gain a long hallway from the door to your room. you can't do much with this space short of putting a roll away bed here but it is definate xtra room and you get an xtra window.

scottmel
02-18-2010, 08:47 AM

you are so welcome!!! We are returning to WDW this summer (we were at BWI CL last June) and we all voted hands down NOT to return to the BWI. We felt there was NO WAY this year's trip could top last year and we didn't want to be disappointed in anything. It was simply such a fantastic trip there last June. I think I could have arm twisted to get them back but DD11 really wants SAB at YC. But we plan to visit the BWI staff. They are just so great. Truely I love the way they handle CL and views - they are all good - aside from the Espn one...It is a fantastic resort...Geez I am talking myself into it!!! :):love:

angikay30
02-18-2010, 10:09 AM
you are so welcome!!! We are returning to WDW this summer (we were at BWI CL last June) and we all voted hands down NOT to return to the BWI. We felt there was NO WAY this year's trip could top last year and we didn't want to be disappointed in anything. It was simply such a fantastic trip there last June. I think I could have arm twisted to get them back but DD11 really wants SAB at YC. But we plan to visit the BWI staff. They are just so great. Truely I love the way they handle CL and views - they are all good - aside from the Espn one...It is a fantastic resort...Geez I am talking myself into it!!! :):love:

To be honest I've been a bit nervous about the decision to stay at BWI --- we've always stayed at the Poly prior to this....so, I'm just not sure on the location - since we're used to zipping around on the monorail. But, your responses make me feel a bit better! We were looking to try something different this trip - and it sounds like BWI will end up being a good choice for us.

Does anyone have a picture of the daybed at a BWI club standard room?

Can anyone give me some additional information about the trip over to Magic Kingdom - I presume the best/quickest way to get there in the morning is the bus.....and then to return would be the monorail....with a stroll through Epcot? (We have park hoppers)

What's the bus schedule like for BWI to MK?

What time rotation do the buses appear.....are the buses shared with other resorts?

Approximately how long will it take from stepping on the bus to arrival at MK? (Trying to figure out what time I should appear in the morning at the bus stop to make it to rope drop at MK)

Thanks!!

sharadoc
02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
To be honest I've been a bit nervous about the decision to stay at BWI --- we've always stayed at the Poly prior to this....so, I'm just not sure on the location - since we're used to zipping around on the monorail. But, your responses make me feel a bit better! We were looking to try something different this trip - and it sounds like BWI will end up being a good choice for us.

Does anyone have a picture of the daybed at a BWI club standard room?

Can anyone give me some additional information about the trip over to Magic Kingdom - I presume the best/quickest way to get there in the morning is the bus.....and then to return would be the monorail....with a stroll through Epcot? (We have park hoppers)

What's the bus schedule like for BWI to MK?

What time rotation do the buses appear.....are the buses shared with other resorts?

Approximately how long will it take from stepping on the bus to arrival at MK? (Trying to figure out what time I should appear in the morning at the bus stop to make it to rope drop at MK)

Thanks!!

I can answer the bus issues.

The bus to MK runs pretty often in the morning and is much closer/better than going through Epcot to the monorail station. Your ride to MK will be around 20 minutes (if I recall) and you stop at Swan/Dolphin on the way there. I'd get to the bus stop between 7:30 and 7:45 to be sure you are there for rope drop and the opening show.

When you come home, the walk from the monorail to the boat or on foot to BWI is really long! If you're not tired and feel like hoofing it, then feel free, but I'm guessing it would be at least twice if not three times as long to do it that way. The ride on the monorail would equal the ride on the bus time.

annnewjerz
02-20-2010, 02:31 AM
After our first trip to BWV in December, I thought I should post some pics.

http://www.andrealusasphotography.com/For-Fun/Trips/Walt-Disney-World-December-12/Disney-89filtered/745739676_DGHnu-L.jpg

http://www.andrealusasphotography.com/For-Fun/Trips/Walt-Disney-World-December-12/Disney-91filtered/745740167_DvBUM-L.jpg

http://www.andrealusasphotography.com/For-Fun/Trips/Walt-Disney-World-December-12/Disney-93/745741015_U6Lfq-L.jpg

http://www.andrealusasphotography.com/For-Fun/Trips/Walt-Disney-World-December-12/Disney-137/785658486_jjRRF-L.jpg

http://www.andrealusasphotography.com/For-Fun/Trips/Walt-Disney-World-December-12/Disney-135/785658149_Zo8Ey-L.jpg

floridascgirl
02-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Awesome photos! :thumbsup2

jackemail
02-20-2010, 08:57 AM

I've stayed in both several times....I loved CBR, but it really cannot compare to BWI. Unless you want to save money and are in love with CBR's tropical theming (I like it!), BWI is so much better...if only for the location alone!

jackemail
02-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Nice pictures---Keister Coaster looks a bit eerie at night with no one there!

TigerKat
02-20-2010, 10:08 AM
annnewjerz - Awesome pics!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

PrincessKsMom
02-20-2010, 10:40 AM
I've stayed in both several times....I loved CBR, but it really cannot compare to BWI. Unless you want to save money and are in love with CBR's tropical theming (I like it!), BWI is so much better...if only for the location alone!

Thanks for the input. We love CBR and it's theming, but I keep thinking of the location of BWI. The one thing that's holding me back is the lack of a quick service/food court area. We love to grab some Mickey waffles before leaving for the parks. My DD14 would kill me if she couldn't have her Mickey waffles. :rotfl2:

annnewjerz
02-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Awesome photos! :thumbsup2

Thanks! :goodvibes

Nice pictures---Keister Coaster looks a bit eerie at night with no one there!

I have to agree. I'm going to try my hardest on our upcoming trip to get a shot during the day with some people in it. The light-up eyes on the clown are also a little creepy...:scared1:

annnewjerz - Awesome pics!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Thank you! :)

CoachBagFanatic
02-20-2010, 12:48 PM
annnewjerz -OMG what fabulous pictures.

OK a couple of questions for all you BWV experts. We are planning on booking a 1bdrm villa for July 2011. Do any of the villas have a BW/YC/BC view and if so is that a separate booking category or do we put in a request and hope for the best? TIA:flower3:

annnewjerz
02-20-2010, 01:13 PM
annnewjerz -OMG what fabulous pictures.

OK a couple of questions for all you BWV experts. We are planning on booking a 1bdrm villa for July 2011. Do any of the villas have a BW/YC/BC view and if so is that a separate booking category or do we put in a request and hope for the best? TIA:flower3:

I've only stayed once during our trip in December, but I believe if you are staying on cash you can't guarantee a Boardwalk view (although you can request it). If you are staying on DVC points, you can lock in a Boardwalk view at the time of booking.

CoachBagFanatic
02-20-2010, 01:55 PM

I've only stayed once during our trip in December, but I believe if you are staying on cash you can't guarantee a Boardwalk view (although you can request it). If you are staying on DVC points, you can lock in a Boardwalk view at the time of booking.

Thanks so much. We are a cash reservation so when we are able to book, I will make my request and hope for the best.:hippie:

autumnpalm
02-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Leaving tomorrow morning at 8:30 for a week at BWV!!!!!!

SO excited. Will be back with lots of photos!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Sandi
02-20-2010, 10:35 PM

I'm very jealous! Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to see your photos and read your stories.

bangzoom6877
02-21-2010, 09:34 AM

WOW!! I hope you have a wonderful time! Can't wait to see your photos!

Well everyone, I know this sounds crazy, but part of me is actually excited to go back to work tomorrow after a week off. I'm a teacher in NYC and we had President's Week off this past week. The reason I am ready and excited to go back? I'm now a week closer to my Disney trip and can't get there unless I go back to work! :lmao: Sounds silly, I know. But when the kids come back to school after a vacation, all down that we have a long stretch until the next one, I always remind them that we can't get to June and summer vacation without coming back from these breaks and that every day is a day closer to June! :goodvibes

MCFADDEN5
02-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Is there an area to grab a quick breakfast, where do you fill your refillable mugs?

bangzoom6877
02-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Is there an area to grab a quick breakfast, where do you fill your refillable mugs?

The Boardwalk Bakery has quick service breakfast. They have breakfast sandwiches and of course baked goods. You can refill your mug there.

The Belle Vue Room has a continental breakfast.

In case you need to know, both above locations take a CS credit on the DDP. I think you can also refill your mug at the pool bar.

MCFADDEN5
02-21-2010, 03:45 PM
where is the belle vue room

LoveKermit
02-21-2010, 04:47 PM
where is the belle vue room

From the main entrance (lobby on left), turn right. It will be on your left. You can also follow the signs for the elevator to the Boardwalk to get you there. It is on the "Inn" side of the hotel.

:)

bangzoom6877
02-21-2010, 05:16 PM
From the main entrance (lobby on left), turn right. It will be on your left. You can also follow the signs for the elevator to the Boardwalk to get you there. It is on the "Inn" side of the hotel.

:)

Do they serve food in the Belle Vue Room other than at breakfast time? I noticed in other Deluxe Resorts, the lounges serve a limited menu.

Lake Rat
02-23-2010, 06:30 PM
My Dh and I are arriving for our first trip to BWV late Friday night for a 2 night stay before we cruise on the Wonder. Just joined and have never even laid eyes on the place...except pics!! I so want to impress DH so he won't think we wasted our $$$$!!
I didn't think to request a room. We have a studio BW view. He is a light sleeper. Now I'm worried he'll be up all night..makes for grumpiness..he is 66 years old!!!! Can I try and request a room at this late a date that would be less noisey or do you have to request when you make the reservation?
We also have a 2 bedroom - BW view for 5 nights starting Nov 30 with the kids. Is there a special 2 bedroom I should try to get?
THANKS for your help.

bangzoom6877
02-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Has anyone attended, or know anything about, the "Unbirthday Party" at Boardwalk? It's listed as one of their activities and I was wondering if they do it everyday, how it is, and if it is worth taking my kids to it. We're going in July and their birthdays are in January and May so I thought it might be fun for them!

tiggerx3
03-06-2010, 11:21 AM
:goodvibes We decided to go deluxe this trip to celebrate our 10th anniv. and just booked the BWI standard room for May and we're leaning toward requesting a garden view room upper floor so that we can see the fireworks at EPCOT. According to the map, what color section could/would our room be located?

Also, I saw from earlier posts that some rooms have smaller balconies. Should I make a request for a full balcony when I make my room request?

2minny
03-06-2010, 05:24 PM
We are leaving next week for our first visit to BWI, I really want it to be special...our first time at a deluxe. Can anyone recommend an area we should request for a standard room...view, location, etc. AND how to go about requesting, e-mail, call or just upon arrival? We have reserved adjoining rooms for six of us.

polkadotminnie
03-06-2010, 09:52 PM
We are leaving next week for our first visit to BWI, I really want it to be special...our first time at a deluxe. Can anyone recommend an area we should request for a standard room...view, location, etc. AND how to go about requesting, e-mail, call or just upon arrival? We have reserved adjoining rooms for six of us.
Maybe we will see you there. I hope it is warm!;)

heatherlynn444
03-07-2010, 08:45 AM

ditto, we leave next sunday!

2minny-most people add a request to their reservaiton when they are booking their trip, or at least that is what we do, so you can call and they can pull up your reservation and then you can request a location. I have never stayed t BWI, this will be my first time, so I can't help you on room location!

tiggerx3
03-07-2010, 10:38 AM

I did a lot of research yesterday on the old BW thred and found that a lot of people requested a garden view facing EPCOT (Paris) to see the fireworks. You would only see the higher ones of course. I've read that the views of the grounds are beautiful.

We're spending our first stay their in May - can't wait! :cool1:

2minny
03-07-2010, 06:29 PM

I think it will be warm, I have been looking at the 10 day forecast...we can't wait!!!!

2minny
03-07-2010, 06:56 PM
I did a lot of research yesterday on the old BW thred and found that a lot of people requested a garden view facing EPCOT (Paris) to see the fireworks. You would only see the higher ones of course. I've read that the views of the grounds are beautiful.

We're spending our first stay their in May - can't wait! :cool1:

thank you for the help!

heatherlynn444
03-07-2010, 07:25 PM
I think it will be warm, I have been looking at the 10 day forecast...we can't wait!!!!
my mom and I leave next sunday, this is going to be the LONGEST week!

WDWBW09
03-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Very, very jealous...won't see the boards until August. Sincerely wishing everyone leaving soon a happy BW trip!!!

bangzoom6877
03-07-2010, 07:52 PM

Enjoy this long week, looking forward to your trip!! It seems to me that the time has flown since we were last at WDW, which was July 2008. We go back this July. The week before will feel like the longest waiting time for sure! Enjoy your trip!!

2minny
03-07-2010, 08:48 PM

I know...I'm just so excited! I have so much to do this week though....it's almost here!!!

polkadotminnie
03-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I have also been on the weather website but I hate having to pack when it warm during the day and cool at night. I feel like I end up having to bring too much stuff.

heatherlynn444
03-07-2010, 09:19 PM
thanks everyone! I feel the same way about packing.

any last minute tips from the BW experts who ahve stayed before?

2minny
03-08-2010, 07:10 AM
I have also been on the weather website but I hate having to pack when it warm during the day and cool at night. I feel like I end up having to bring too much stuff.

Agree, I think we are just packing shorts and t-shirts and then throwing in zip up sweatshirts for morning and evening. Maybe a pair of jeans or two. I would rather warm weather from morning to night :)

2minny
03-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Looks like this week is 78-79 highs, but next week it drops to 71 highs :(

wheniwasyoung
03-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Just returned after staying just one night @ Boardwalk. Hopefully just DW and I will be back the second week of May but I can't believe how much my wife and I enjoy this place. Even after visiting our friends at the BLT's I still want to stay at Boardwalk! I was able to go to the parks for 9 days straight and still feel that the one night @ BW was the highlight of the trip. Someone please tell me I'm not losing it!:banana:

heaven2dc
03-08-2010, 01:56 PM
wheniwasyoung - you definitely are not losing it! I have never stayed anywhere else than BWV because we love it so much! I would like to try another resort at the tail end of our upcoming trip but I just don't want the trip to end on a sour note (I'm probably setting myself up for a letdown but it's hard to top BWV especially when you have a boardwalk view!)

rance
03-08-2010, 02:03 PM
what is there to do in the community center for a 5 and 2 y.old.

thanks

wheniwasyoung
03-08-2010, 02:14 PM
wheniwasyoung - you definitely are not losing it! I have never stayed anywhere else than BWV because we love it so much! I would like to try another resort at the tail end of our upcoming trip but I just don't want the trip to end on a sour note (I'm probably setting myself up for a letdown but it's hard to top BWV especially when you have a boardwalk view!)

Thanks, I'll go back to work now and try to keep it together until May.:goodvibes