PDA

View Full Version : HGV or Marriott Vacation Club?

carpetride
12-27-2009, 01:03 PM
I have more than enough AmEx points for a 2 bedroom at either Hilton Grand Vacations Club or Marriott Vacation Club. It's my understanding that I can choose which Hilton I use in Orlando (believe there are 3 clubs). There are only four of us (DW, DD7, DS4 and Me) but I require some space and tend to be more of night owl than the rest of the family. If it weren't for having the points we would probably look at Windsor Hills. Any suggestions on the two I have mentioned or some other chain that I should consider. We are planning this trip for Christmas 2010 and looking to stay 7-10 days but not all will be at the park.

We've been on park and off park. They both have their pluses and minuses. Seems we have been staying off park more and more due to cost and space...I try to use our points whenever I can and that more often than not doesn't work for on park.

Thanks in advance for any help and insight you might have.

carpetride
12-27-2009, 05:03 PM
When I searched the right terms I think I found the info I needed. Thanks anyways.

3BoysRDisneyFreaks
12-27-2009, 05:38 PM
We used to own at HGV on International Drive (Tuscany). The property is beautiful and the units are large and very nice. It is a newer property also. It is a short drive to the parks. There is a Publix across the street, the outlet mall (you can walk to it through a gate) and many restaurants close by. There is also a 24 hour Walgreens across the street.

Sarah

spiceycat
12-27-2009, 06:32 PM
both are great.

would probably do the new HGVC.

or one of these marriott - they are close in marriott world center
Royal Palms
Sabal Palms
Imperial Palms (this is 3-bedroom)

they are older but got a rehab.

the best in my opinion -
Marriott Cypress Harbour
HGVC at Seaworld

both of these are pretty close together.