PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake and cremains

Cruella 66
12-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Okay, I hope this is in the right spot and I don't mean to offend anyone. Does anyone know if Disney allows cremains to be deposited in Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon? Is there a phone number or email address I could ask? Thanks!

SyracuseWolvrine
12-26-2009, 09:10 PM
No, it's not allowed.

According to US Code, Title 40, Part 229, Section 1 (http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&rgn=div8&view=text&node=40:24.0.1.3.23.0.17.1&idno=40), the burial of human remains may take place at sea, provided it is more than 3 nautical miles from land.

(3) Cremated remains shall be buried in or on ocean waters without regard to the depth limitations specified in paragraph (a)(2) of this section provided that such burial shall take place no closer than 3 nautical miles from land.

There is no place in either Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon where you would be 3 nautical miles from land. (Completely ignoring the fact that both of those bodies of water are private property, and the landowner in all likelyhood, would not give permission)

Sammie
12-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Even though people do this on Disney property, it is not allowed by Disney.

maddhatir
12-26-2009, 09:20 PM
I told DH to sprinkle a little of my ashes in the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Permission? Just hop on the ferry and sprinkle away- who is going to know:rolleyes:

Cruella 66
12-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks!!! I appreciate the information!

CanadianGuy
12-26-2009, 09:27 PM
As has been noted, this is not permitted under law.

Add to that it has come up before and Disney does not permit this.

People have been caught in the past and you wanna talk about embarrassing.. and the end result is that the remains are vaccuumed up and thrown in the garbage (on land) or if in a water attraction they end up disposed of when the water circulating in the attracting is filtered and eventually changed out on a somewhat regular basis.

And the last place I would wish to be my final resting place is the heavily polluted Bay Lake. How disrespectful and frankly, kinda gross to think about.

This thread is closed.