PDA

View Full Version : Christmas at WDW

KorieDWnut
12-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Yes, we are thinking about next Christmas already. Dh and I agreed that next year we want to try something different, do our own thing I guess, as far as spending the holidays goes. Christmas time is the one time of year we have never been to WDW and having worked at the Disney Store before, I know that it is the most busiest time of year, but we still want to brave it.

I checked the rates so far and they aren't that bad, imo, so we may go for it. I realize that I can't have Santa come to the hotel for the kids, because I can't drag all the gifts with us, but I would like to bring some for the kids to open so they don't feel totally out of their element with being away for Christmas, but how would you (anyone) go about getting a few gifts there without them seeing? I have 3 kids, 1 out of the 3 still believe so I don't want to ruin it just yet. Is there a way to ship a few small things down ahead of time? or should I just bring an extra suitcase and hope they don't look inside?

Thanks

bitohoney
12-26-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm thinking about next Christmas too. My daughter will be 17 so it may be the last chance for awhile. :sad2: To me it looks like the prices are very high over Christmas so we may have to stay in a value.

carpetride
12-26-2009, 08:55 PM
We are planning on doing the same. Probably will have Christmas before we go or just ship one or two small things down to the hotel. Remember if you get it down there you have to get it home!

LaWa
12-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi -

We just got back from our Christmas at WDW. It was magical. And I think your family will have a swell time.

I told my kids that since we were traveling that Santa would only be able to fill their stockings because he knew we were away from home. Santa usually only does stockings at our house - no big presents. Santa brought them a nice assortment of stuff from the Wilderness Lodge gift shop. I was lazy and went out on Christmas Eve and hit the gift shop and the pin vendor. Just hid it in the suitcase for the rest of the day. The hardest part was staying awake to fill the stockings. We went to the fireworks for Christmas Eve and closed the park. We were all tired when we got home.

I also told my kids that their big present this year was their trip to Disney and to lower their expectations on the gift front. It worked they had the time of their lives.

Happy New Year!

LaWa

kymom99
12-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Can you tell the kids Santa is sending them to DW? Then Santa could leave Disney items, gift cards, etc for them on Christmas morning to use during the rest of the vacation. At our house, we also give each other gifts, so if there is a toy or something your children want, those could be from you, and you could give them before or after the trip.