PDA

View Full Version : Please curb my fears about the noise at the CR

Kayleebug
12-25-2009, 10:51 PM
We stayed at the Contemporary 4 years ago in the north Garden Wing and fell in love with the resort. We are staying in the tower MK view next December, and I am really worried that it will be extremely noisy because of the monorail, restaurants, etc. Is the noise very bad?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
12-26-2009, 10:05 AM
The only location in the Tower where you might hear noise is if your room is over Chef Mickey's, so if that will be a problem for you then request one on the other side over the Fantasia and Bay View Gifts stores. However when it comes to the Monorail and everything else in the Tower you won't have any problems about any potiental noise.

havaneselover
12-26-2009, 10:34 AM
We stayed in the Tower (7th floor, Bay Lake view) in November and while I was near the door I could hear noise, but it was nothing we noticed in bed. We're staying in the Tower MK view next November.

pixie921
12-26-2009, 11:47 AM
We stayed at the CR last Christmas. We were on the 12th floor, about midway down. The first morning we were there, we were BLASTED out of bed by the Chef Mickey's music a little after 7 a.m. I'm usually pretty good at sleeping through noise -- we live off a busy street, near train tracks, in the flight path of Detroit Metro airport, and my dh has a CPAP machine that makes noise all night long. However, I literally thought there were children outside our door screaming at us, LOL!!!

When I became fully awake a few seconds later, I realized what it was, but I was already on my feet out of bed. My normally sleep-like-the-dead dh and teenage son were up as well.

So yes, you can definitely hear the music. We came to refer to it as "Mickey's Malevolent Musical Morning Minions" and abandoned all hope of sleeping past 7. Once we accustomed ourselves to it, it wasn't a big deal, but we weren't prepared for it that first morning and it was a really jarring way to start the day. ;)

jorose01
12-26-2009, 12:09 PM
We just got back from a Tower stay. We were right over Chef Mickey's and never heard a thing that bothered us. No one in my family is a light sleeper - even my 14mth old slept until I woke him up every morning!!

Now having said that...I did hear nosie (plates, kids, music, laughter, etc) in the mornings starting around 7 - 7:30. But I was already awake:cool1:!! It was our 1st stay at CR and we LOVED IT!! We will be going back again and again!!!

Have a great trip!

NCDisfan11
12-26-2009, 01:33 PM
I stayed in the tower dec. 2-8th right above chef mickeys and the monorail and rarely heard any noise. Those rooms are sound proof very well. Enjoy the CR

Carrie in AZ
12-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Stayed MK Tower in November on the 10th floor, in a room right off the elevator. I thought we'd hear everyone coming and going, but we didn't hear much of anything. On our second morning, I did hear the mousekeepers a bit, but I certainly didn't hear Chef Mickey's, not even once.

We LOVED LOVED LOVED our stay at the CR and simply cannot wait to return!!:thumbsup2

Kayleebug
12-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Thank you for the info. Just booked for Dec. 2010.

Smiling Cheshire Cat
12-26-2009, 08:58 PM
We stayed at CR the first week of December on the 7th floor above Chef Mickey's and the noise did bother me. I'm a pretty light sleeper, but even DH and DS were bothered by it one morning and they were sleeping in the bed fartherest from the door. So next time we stay in the Tower we will definitely request a room higher up or to the right after you get off the elevators.

Pjimmeyer
12-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Thank you for the info. Just booked for Dec. 2010.

Congrats! See you there! :thumbsup2

Kayleebug
12-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Congrats! See you there! :thumbsup2

I can't wait! It looks like we will be there at the same time. :) I am going to call and request to be away from Chef Mickey's due to the noise. Hopefully they will be able to accomodate the request.

DVC-Don
12-27-2009, 07:33 AM
We stayed in the tower twice. 6th & 7th floors near the elevators and did not have any noise issues.