PDA

View Full Version : Family of 4 Adults- AKL or AK Villas

hill6
12-25-2009, 08:26 PM
DD is graduating from college in May 2011 and said tha she wants her graduation present to be a trip to Disney to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge with a Savannah view. Would you recommend the regular hotel or the Villas? There are four adults - DH and I and DD and my Mom. We would need two rooms if we stay at the regular hotel. Probably looking at a 5 or 6 night stay.

Thanks for any and all input.

:cheer2:

DebbieB
12-25-2009, 09:00 PM
I would go with a 1 bedroom at AKV Kidiani, which has a sleep sofa and a sleeper chair and a second bathroom. If you could afford it, a 2 bedroom would be perfect at either Jambo or Kidani. With a regular room, I would get 2 rooms, 4 adults with 1 bathroom is too crowded.

kristenrice
12-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I would look into renting DVC points for either a 1BR at Kidani or a 2BR at either Jambo or Kidani. If you all want to sleep on real beds (vs. pull-outs) you will need a dedicated 2BR which are only available at Kidani. FWIW, I slept on the sleeper sofas at AKV for 6 nights last year and another 4 nights this year and it was fine. I am generally not comfortable on a pull-out and it takes days to get rid of my backache, but the ones at AKV were great!

dburg30
12-25-2009, 09:18 PM
If you go DVC rental, stay at kidani so you get the extra bathroom (2 full in the 1 bedroom and 3 full in the 2 bedroom)