PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning/heat question

Cyn
12-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Help me out he, I have a very sensitive nose and everytime I sleep in a hotel room with those individual units, I get the worst stuffy nose not to mention the headache from hearing the machine run all night. For that reason I try to book central air only hotels. Which hotels at Disney have central air?

dvcHammer
12-25-2009, 04:20 PM
The only one's I know of with central heating / AC are the 1 and 2 bedroom Villa units at the DCV resorts. The value, moderates, and even the deluxe rooms all have individual wall units (at least the one's I've been in). I can't speak for the GF, never been in a room there.

vicki_c
12-25-2009, 07:35 PM
I don't think I've ever seen an individual AC/heating thing in any deluxe resort. They have a thermostat in the room, but not an actual HVAC unit under the window like I have seen in the moderates I've stayed at (which is POR, POFQ and CBR).

And we've stayed at every deluxe resort except for the Grand Floridian - both regular rooms and DVC villas.

cbg1027
12-25-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't know if any have central air.

All the values' AC units are behind a wall though, so I found them to be quieter than the room I had at POFQ, which had an exposed window unit.

Maybe your congestion doesn't have to do with the AC. I have the same issue and always thought it was the pillow stuffing that caused it. Or maybe it's something with the AC for me too!

Rosanne
12-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Oh, yes that reminds me.... we just got back from our split stay at ASMovies and CBR. The movies heating/air thing was great. I just picked the temp I want and set it. The CBR one was a pain. It has a unit thing with a dial with things like low heat, high heat, fan, low cool, high cool, off and a red swoosh and a blue swoosh that kind of overlap. It took a lot longer to figure it out and it was louder and muggier. The good news is that it was great for DD3's exzema.

Sammie
12-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Deluxe resorts and all Vacation club villas have central air not a window unit.

CSR also has a better system than the other moderates.

Cyn
12-26-2009, 07:39 AM
thanks for the responses. I am glad to hear the CSR and the deluxes are on the list! I know when we stayed at Port Orleans (I know dating myself) I was miserable every morning. My brother recomended we give CSR a shot next time and we are really liking what we are seeing.

I travel a good bit and have developed a system to ensure a better night sleep over the years. I always pack my own pillow, a blanket from home, lysol wipes (just in case) and avoid the window units under the window things.

fla4fun
12-27-2009, 03:19 AM
The cabins at FW also have central air/heat.

If you are distracted by the noise, or lack thereof, some of the deluxes have sensor thermostats that have a tendency to go off at night when there's no motion in the room. I find that more annoying than the ones where you can set the fan to run constantly (more like white noise than a noisy wall unit).

P.I. Squirrel
12-27-2009, 04:41 AM
The only 'window unit' resort I know of is Caribbean Beach.