PDA

View Full Version : All Stars Family Suites

mitchinson
12-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Staying in the Family Suites in May *** there will be 5 of us...we usually stay in the Moderates. Would appreciate any and all comments...the good, the bad, and the ugly on these rooms and resort. Thanks in advance.

maxiesmom
12-25-2009, 10:44 AM
I stayed in one last year, and have nothing but good things to say!:thumbsup2

For starters, I really liked having the furniture in the front room area to sit on, instead of having to sit on beds all of the time. And when we folded the furniture out to sleep it was suprisingly comfy. Disney had them made special, so there are no bars running underneath your back like in the old school pull-outs.

There were 6 of us, so having a second bathroom is a must. The kitchentte was also a huge plus, as we used it for quick breakfasts. Six people eating breakfast in the room is a lot cheaper (and quicker!) than eating breakfast in the parks.

I hope you like the Family Suites as much as we did!

natashag76
12-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Price-wise you may want to consider renting DVC points instead. We're also a family of 5 and it was cheaper to rent a 1-bedroom at OKW than get the suite at the value resort.

connie1042
12-25-2009, 01:28 PM
We stayed with 6 of us, and loved it. We had 4 adults and 1 infant and one 2 year old. Love the living room seating the kitchenette and the private bedroom. Service was good and buses were good too.

girlieeee
12-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Does anyone have any photos of the Family Suites??

Mickey'sfriend
12-25-2009, 04:02 PM
We stayed here last August - family of 5 - mom, dad, 3 kids. We think these rooms are one of Disney's best kept secrets. The 2 bathrooms are awesome. Each kid had their own bed and they thought they were very comfortable. Mom and Dad were happy in their own room and we saved quite a bit of money having breakfast in our room each morning and storing cold drinks. The resort was clean, quite and fun. They had movies and games by the pool each day!!:banana::banana::banana:

Goofy4
12-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Does anyone have any photos of the Family Suites??

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

mitchinson
12-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with renting DVC points but got a quote at the Suites for 7 nights for $1162.78 with 30% off pin. Thanks for your helpful replies.

Goofy4
12-25-2009, 06:12 PM
We have a pin, and I was thinking that the suites were excluded. I bet I was just assuming as much. Now, where's that email?

mdfdisney
12-25-2009, 09:21 PM
We are also a family of 5. We loved staying in the family suites. A lot more space than a deluxe resort at a lower price. We have also stayed at connecting rooms at Pop Century. The space is the same, but the family suites are better designed for sharing this space.

However, it is nice to have access to a car when staying at these more remote properties.

dzneelvr
12-26-2009, 08:38 AM
We love the ASMo and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else:thumbsup2A couple reasons we book 2 connecting rooms vs a family suite though: 1. I DO NOT cook on vacation so no need for a kitchen 2. we all wanted to sleep in a bed, not knowing just how comfortable the pull outs would be and not wanting to chance it. Sounds like they are comfie, but we'll stick to our connecting rooms:cool1:

maxiesmom
12-26-2009, 09:55 AM
We love the ASMo and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else:thumbsup2A couple reasons we book 2 connecting rooms vs a family suite though: 1. I DO NOT cook on vacation so no need for a kitchen 2. we all wanted to sleep in a bed, not knowing just how comfortable the pull outs would be and not wanting to chance it. Sounds like they are comfie, but we'll stick to our connecting rooms:cool1:

Just so you know, there is just a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in the Family Suites. So while you can't do any heavy duty cooking, you can still nuke some bacon for a quick, cheap breakfast.:thumbsup2

2BOYMOM
12-26-2009, 11:50 AM
We will be staying int he family suite in June for the first time and I can't wait! With two teen-agers (even though they are boys) the two bathrooms can't be beat! That was the big selling point for us.

xmasmom
12-26-2009, 10:06 PM
We just got back from an 8day stay in the Suites. We are a family of 5 but we had my mother in law with us on this trip. We were very very pleased with the suites. My husband and I slept very well on the queen in the bedroom. It was much larger than the beds in the regular all star rooms and much more comfortable. My boys who are almost adult sized slept in the fold out couch and my mother in law slept in the fold out chair. She said it was quite comfortable. Our six yr old slept on the fold out ottoman. While it was fine for her I did not find in fit for an adult to sleep on.
We really enjoyed the extra space in the rooms as well as two closets and the two bathrooms.
My husband thinks he likes it better than staying at POR with the trundel.

On a side note we had a lot of fun participating in the activities around the pool. My husband and I even won a prize in the Music Trivia contest.

JJ&JSMOM
12-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Family suites are on our list of resorts for our next trip - can't decide. We're a family of 5 as well and the suites look great! Just concerned with buses, noise, and DH really doesn't like the "brightness" of the resort but I think he'd give it a try. Maybe try it for half our vacay and move to a different resort.

xmasmom
12-27-2009, 08:58 PM
JJ&JSMOM-just wanted to let you know that on busy days we had our own busses to and from the parks, on the few days that were low crowds we shared with the other all star resorts but it was never a problem. They were really on top of the buses this trip.
I also wanted to comment on the noise level. We stayed in Calypso pool side but on the third floor and didn't hear anything from the pool. We could hear an occassional toliet flush but othere that that it kind of felt likel we had the floor to ourselves.

JJ&JSMOM
12-28-2009, 06:59 AM
JJ&JSMOM-just wanted to let you know that on busy days we had our own busses to and from the parks, on the few days that were low crowds we shared with the other all star resorts but it was never a problem. They were really on top of the buses this trip.
I also wanted to comment on the noise level. We stayed in Calypso pool side but on the third floor and didn't hear anything from the pool. We could hear an occassional toliet flush but othere that that it kind of felt likel we had the floor to ourselves.

Thank you! That makes me feel better. Its funny because I was on a shopping trip a few months back here at home and we stayed 2 nights in a hotel that we love. Occassionally we heard a toilet flush and I remember thinking to myself - jeez...thats not so loud! lol....I'm always thinking Disney even when I'm hundreds of miles away.

professorkev
03-04-2010, 01:59 PM
nice! I heard alot about this resort!