PDA

View Full Version : Pirate rooms at the Caribbean Beach

disneytraceyl
12-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Has anyone stayed in the pirate rooms at the Caribbean Beach? What did you think of them and where are they located? We are looking at booking one for spring break and really not sure.
Thanks,

Louiepipbgeeco
12-24-2009, 12:12 PM
We stayed in one last March --loved it. The theming was cool. Location was not an issue to us. There are many people who complain about the distance and I worried a bit when I read all that. But, honestly it was no biggie. The walk was not that big. We actually enjoyed it. There are also many quiet pools located throughout the resort and they are nice for quick dips. Loved the main pool(which had had a refurb. since our last visit).
Pirate room was great and I would definitely recommend it to others.:thumbsup2

safetymom
12-24-2009, 02:17 PM
All the pirate rooms are located in Trinidad South.

Luv2Roam
12-24-2009, 05:59 PM
We stayed in one last May and enjoyed it. Location was not an issue to us since we use our vehicle.

kytiam
12-24-2009, 09:15 PM
:thumbsup2We stayed there in May. Loved the decor, theming, details, etc.!!:thumbsup2 There was a bus stop just around the corner from our room, a quiet pool around another corner, and a lovely courtyard right outside our door. I'm old(ish) and 80 pounds overweight, so the walk to the main pool and food court seemed really far to me. The pirate pool looked really fun and my DS19 went up there a couple of times, but I didn't. I am very glad we stayed there at least once, but it probably won't be one we visit often. Too many other resort choices to try out.

ThinkTink09
12-25-2009, 09:49 AM
My sister and I stayed in the Pirate themed rooms this past September. We really enjoyed the theming. It's true they are located in the back of the CBR which is large, but it is just a short walk to the Trinidad South Bus stop. The only down side is it is a far walk to the food court and resort store, but you can always take the internal resort shuttle. Totally worth staying there in my opinion.:thumbsup2

Rosanne
12-25-2009, 10:18 AM
We just left our piratey room yesterday morning :sad1: We loved loved loved it!:thumbsup2. In general, I did not care for the heating/cooling system but I'm guessing that is the same in all the rooms at the resort. The girls (and I) loved everything decoration-wise about the room. It had a great feel. We did think it was a long walk to Port Royale but I think it depends on how often you think you will want to go there just to eat. We didn't mind the walk when we were just hanging out at the resort but it is not a skip and a hop if you just want to grab a quick bite or something. Since we had a car it was not big deal. We'd just jump in the car and drive over and back if it was just to grab a bite. We also loved the little beach there and playground. My girls are 3 and 8.

Derby
12-26-2009, 12:46 AM
We stayed there last March and really enjoyed it. The decorations were super cute and well done. We didn't mind the walk, but it would've been nice to have been a little closer to the main stuff with an 11 month old.

KimKamMom
12-26-2009, 09:05 PM
The pirate rooms were great. So glad we stayed in them. The bus stop was close, but everything else was far away. CBR was awesome, but this year we are headed back to POP, just for the shorter walk!
Definately try them out. You won't be disappointed!
Have fun!:santa:

msmith07101
12-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Just stayed in a pirate room...they are themed so well!! Very cool! Loved the room, but I do love staying closer to Old Port Royale. Would stay in the pirate room again though...it is worth it.

ma2jr
12-27-2009, 02:26 AM
We haven't but, I've heard only good things...