PDA

View Full Version : CS or CBR?

PC MOM
12-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Hi,

Driving myself nuts trying to decide which moderate for our next visit to WDW.:confused: We have stayed once in 2008 at POFQ and at the Sequoia in Disneyland Paris 2009...so we like the moderates.

POFQ was wonderful for us. :thumbsup2 All 3 of us enjoyed it. However, we would like to spread our wings and try something different. DD will be 9 and loves to swim.

Any opinions out there:goodvibes

Thanks

aurorae
12-23-2009, 05:12 PM
POFQ is the smallest of the mods, so any of the others will likely require more walking (just a mention).

All the mods are nice, but they all have some differences.

Both CBR and CSR have a nicely themed main pool.

It's hard for someone to suggest one over the other for you without knowing more about your family.

My usual advice is to consider the theming of the 4 mods and pick the one that has the theme that appeals to you the most.

PC MOM
12-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks so much for your reply.

We are an active family and dd loves to swim...I hear that the re-furb pool at CBR is fantastic....so I think that will seal the deal.

I also think we will get a preferred location to be sure we are not too far from the pool, food, etc...

I have just heard mixed reviews on CBR and given the great time we had at POFQ, I was just fishing to see how they compared to each other.

Thanks again;)

Disfamguy
12-25-2009, 11:10 AM
We went back and forth on before we went in Sept. We settled on CBR. It was fantastic! We are going to go back and stay at the CBR again, it was so cool.

Heluvsme
12-25-2009, 11:14 AM
We've stayed at both recently and they're both very nice. We were at CBR last year and CSR this past summer. We were fortunate to have a refurbed room at CSR and it was lovely. Sleek furnishings, nice, comfy beds, private changing area/sinks. We really did love it there. The CBR was also nice though, and the food court was very satisfying to us.

You'll be happy with either one, they're both very nice!

~Dawn

PC MOM
12-25-2009, 04:03 PM
We went back and forth on before we went in Sept. We settled on CBR. It was fantastic! We are going to go back and stay at the CBR again, it was so cool.

Return trip...that's always good to hear!:goodvibes

Thanks!

PC MOM
12-25-2009, 04:04 PM
We've stayed at both recently and they're both very nice. We were at CBR last year and CSR this past summer. We were fortunate to have a refurbed room at CSR and it was lovely. Sleek furnishings, nice, comfy beds, private changing area/sinks. We really did love it there. The CBR was also nice though, and the food court was very satisfying to us.

You'll be happy with either one, they're both very nice!

~Dawn

Thank you Dawn:)

tjmw2727
12-25-2009, 04:41 PM
I haven't been to CSR since the refurb but we loved the pool and the combo sit down/food court idea at the pepper market. I am considering it for our next trip!!

However, we just stayed at CBR in August and LOVED it, I paid the extra for the preferred location and IMHO it made all the difference. We swam every afternoon so being close to the pool and food court was terrific. I found the bus service excellent, a stop just outside the back steps of our building and we never waited long and only stood a few times.

The kids loved the pool and the activities, we traveled with family and the kids raged from 6 to 14 and there was something for everyone.

Room was updated and clean, plenty big and housekeeping was fine.

The only pain imho was having the check in etc at the custom house its a hike and not all the buses go there.

Momof2Disneyboys
12-25-2009, 05:47 PM
We have stayed at both and we just LOVE CBR!! :thumbsup2

I would definitely recommend CBR for an active family and a 9 year old who loves to swim! :goodvibes Lots to do and see at CBR and the pools are the best!

KatMark
12-25-2009, 09:14 PM
We have only stayed at the CSR (eight times and we don't choose to go anywhere else). We love everything about the CSR form the pool/slide, to the quiet pools, sand volleyball court, largest hot tub of all the molds,fitness center/spa, queen beds,new furnishings, decor, etc, the landscaping/theme of the resort. Our oldest son stayed at the CBR in July and enjoyed his stay there and had no problems with it (although he preferred the CSR). I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

PC MOM
12-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Thanks you so much for the replies.....I think we will be going to CBR (Oct '10). I'll let you know how how we make out! I'm sure just fine.

Now all I need is a good PIN.:wizard:

You read so much your mind gets in a tangle....the only thing you know is that you can't wait to get there.:goodvibes

~Cheers & Thanks~

mickeystoontown
12-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say that I think you've made a good decision. While we haven't stayed at Coronado Springs we have stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort four years in a row. We like it so much that I've already booked our 5th stay there for 2010. I have lots of pictures of the CBR rooms, resort beaches, island and marina in my trip report. If you'd like to take a look around, just click on the link in my signature below.

PC MOM
12-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say that I think you've made a good decision. While we haven't stayed at Coronado Springs we have stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort four years in a row. We like it so much that I've already booked our 5th stay there for 2010. I have lots of pictures of the CBR rooms, resort beaches, island and marina in my trip report. If you'd like to take a look around, just click on the link in my signature below.

Thanks so much for your link..it's huge! :thumbsup2

Alot of good tips in there... (ugly oyster ;) ) It looks like you and your family had a lovely time.

~Cheers~

mickeystoontown
12-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks so much for your link..it's huge! :thumbsup2

Alot of good tips in there... (ugly oyster ;) ) It looks like you and your family had a lovely time.

~Cheers~

You're quite welcome. I hope that you'll continue to read my report. I still have several Disney days left on my report. The next installment will be our day to rent a surrey bike from the CBR marina.

Swistakfam
01-20-2010, 09:55 AM
We are staying at CBR in December, are all of the rooms referbed? Thanks!!

Momof2Disneyboys
01-20-2010, 10:01 AM
We are staying at CBR in December, are all of the rooms referbed? Thanks!!

Congrats! :goodvibes Yes, all the rooms have been redone.

dfmalone
01-20-2010, 12:03 PM
CBR, you will like it, the theme is GREAT. You really get the Caribbean/Florida feel, atleast I do compared to when I stayed at OKW:sad2:

Stitch2244314
01-20-2010, 12:07 PM
CBR is the best-- We really enjoy the tropical beach theme. Plus the great main pool, quiet pools, great food court, incredible bus service, friendly CM's, and other features really make it a wonderful place to stay! Have a great trip!