PDA

View Full Version : I saw someone with a stroller walking down World Drive

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
12-22-2009, 09:43 PM
The day my family and I arrived at the Contemporary we happen to see someone walking along World Drive towards the TTC with a stroller and I was thinking to myself isn't that dangerious and why would they even risk trying that?

Sue M
12-22-2009, 10:31 PM
:eek: people do strange things. It's one thing to risk your own life, but your childs :scared1:

kaffinito
12-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Maybe they thought they could? On the maps it looks like you can get from one place to another via the roads, but I still can't understand anyone actually trying it after seeing the traffic. :eek:

Miaka
12-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Another odd thing to remember, in our over car populated country, there are other countries where pedestrians are more common then cars. I had a friend who went to Russia a couple times, and pedestrians walked all over the place and just did whatever they wanted the cars were few and far between and at times where held up by the flow of foot traffic. so perhaps, the guest walking with their stroller saw nothing wrong with it??

heaven2dc
12-23-2009, 10:13 AM
I agree that it's dangerous especially with a child but maybe there was a walkway or sidewalk for part of the way and then it stopped. I remember back in 1994 we were staying at a motel in Kissimmee (our van had literally stopped running and we pulled into the first motel we could find.) Since we ended up staying longer in the motel than planned, I had to enroll the kids in school and had to walk with them up Rt 192 to a clinic for immunizations (we were pushing a stroller and it started pouring rain). It was very dangerous since the sidewalk ran out but there were no buses to take us and our van was broke down and I'll never ever do something like that again!