PDA

View Full Version : Public transport near Reunion Resort?

Dis1978
12-22-2009, 06:06 PM
We are staying at the Reunion resort for part of our vacation. Although we will be renting a car, our adult son, wants to be able to get around by himself.
Is there any bus transportation around that area? If not, is there anywhere nearby where we could drop him off to get the bus.

Also has anyone stayed at the Reunion villas?

safetymom
12-22-2009, 06:17 PM
www.golynx.com should be able to tell you if they run out to Reunion.

spiceycat
12-22-2009, 07:39 PM
don't think so.

despite they saying they are in Orlando - not sure?

it looks like it is close to ChampionsGate which is mostly in Davenport.

Petraman
12-22-2009, 07:45 PM
It looks like that resort is a good 9-11 miles from WDW, so no chance that Disney provides any transport. Conatct the resort and see if they offer any shuttle. My guess is no, but if they do it will most likely be limited runs (once in AM once in PM kind of thing)

Ooops! I just realized you were asking about public transport.... I should read more carefully :)

Jason71
12-23-2009, 07:16 AM
I live across the street (more or less) from Reunion. Although the same exit as Champions Gate, I'm 90% sure it technically still falls in Osceola County, not Davenport/Polk County, so any transportation would be Lynx.

I've yet to see buses or other public transportation in the area, though--they are conspicuous by their absence. I guess you could drive the 5 minutes to 192 and drop your son there--the West 192 schedules would be the most relevant here.

(Editing to add, you would take Lake Wilson Road to 192, it is a quick drive, you end up by Angels Buffet).

Dis1978
12-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone.

We are at Reunion now. It is the most amazing resort. We have always stayed onsite before but not in future. This resort beats Disney villas easily.

There is no transport to the parks but as it only takes about 10 to 15 minutes we have been dropping our son off wherever he wants to go.