PDA

View Full Version : Online Check-in- How early in the morning are things ready?

sarobison
12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi all! We driving down and plan to arrive at WDW around 6:30 or 7:00 am for our trip next week. Typically we pick up our KTTW and other resort info and head over to our park for the day (DHS this time). Obviously this isn't a very busy time for check in (we've done this 3-4 other times) so I was debating whether to do online check-in at all. If it would save a few minutes then I'm all for it but my concern is that our cards might not be ready that early in the morning.

Anyone have ideas how early everything is ready? Or would we be better off to do the regular check-in?

TIA!

havaneselover
12-22-2009, 06:30 AM
It will depend on availability. Ours was ready at 7AM the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

kaytieeldr
12-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Technically, it's not early check-in, it's preregistering. Technically :).

7 AM, you should be fine. Sure, if there is a room ready they'll probably assign you to it, but at the very least you can get all your paperwork done, get your (activated) Keys to the World, receive a resort map showing the general area of your room and the phone number to call later in the day, leave your luggage with Bell Services...

sarobison
12-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks. I'm not expecting the room to be ready. We usually just leave the luggage in the car until we get back from the parks.

I was more concerned about the cards already being activated etc. I'd hate to get there and be told "Well you did the online check-in already but we don't have your KTTW ready this early and you'll have to wait until they are ready. Sorry." Not that I think this would actually happen but....

I think we may just go with what has worked for us in the past.

Sue M
12-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Good luck. If you have any food that needs refrigeration, you can leave it with Bell services, they have a fridge to put it in until your room is ready.
Have a magical trip!

twinsticks
12-22-2009, 07:49 PM
ours was not ready to 3 pm on nov 29

kaytieeldr
12-22-2009, 09:04 PM
ours was not ready to 3 pm on nov 29
Not a surprise at all, since check-in is, officially, AFTER 3 PM (or 4 PM, or whatever the hotel's policy is).

To have check-in be AT, for example, 3 PM, the property would have to be able to check in all waiting Guests AT 3 PM - a physical and logistical impossibility.

But it doesn't matter to the OP because they don't expect the room to be ready - just their documents and Keys to the World. Many posters say the system rolls over to the new day at 6, but 7 is a 100% safe expectation (barring system or power issues, of course ;))

Missytara
12-23-2009, 07:56 AM
This was my first time staying at a DVC resort. We got upgraded on the 4/3 deal.

I usually stay at POR and arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving - around mid-morning. I always tell them I would rather be in the building and view I requested than have my room early, but it always seems by noon - I am in my room with luggage not far behind.

This year, we were told they didn't begin releasing rooms until 4:00 pm. We didn't get the call that our room was ready until 4:30 pm, but our luggage did arrive about ten minutes later.

It was a very long day and we had no idea it was going to take so long.

bbwex
12-23-2009, 09:11 AM
We have our reservations, obviously, for next week at the Contemporary. How exactly do I pre-register online, and what is the advantage of doing so? We are going on a cruise starting on Sunday and get back on Wednesday (early). If there is an advantage to pre-registering (pre-doing the paperwork), when can I do it, and is it worth it. We will arrive at the hotel, likely, by 9 or so, and will want our KTTW cards, etc. ASAP.

Missytara
12-23-2009, 10:49 AM
We have our reservations, obviously, for next week at the Contemporary. How exactly do I pre-register online, and what is the advantage of doing so? We are going on a cruise starting on Sunday and get back on Wednesday (early). If there is an advantage to pre-registering (pre-doing the paperwork), when can I do it, and is it worth it. We will arrive at the hotel, likely, by 9 or so, and will want our KTTW cards, etc. ASAP.

It is only advantageous if you arrive at a very busy time.

When I arrived this year, I was the only one in the regular check-in line - I opted to check in at the resort, since we had three different people charging to the room. There were three people in the online check-in line. We were done and ready to go before the third person from the online check-in line was ready to get their packet.

However, I have seen a whole entire busload of people arrive mid-afternoon and the lines can get backed up, especially if they are working with other guests, who already checked in and may have questions, etc.