PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Illuminations from CBR?

ABitDistracted
12-21-2009, 05:52 PM
We are at CBR right now, and we are leaving in the morning after 7 days @ WL and 2 days @ CBR. Kids just woke up from a 3 hour nap, so we are thinking that Illuminations might be a neat way to end our awesome vacation.

All you CBR pros out there...any good place to see Illuminations without actually going to Epcot? The crowds are a little frustrating right now, and I don't want that to be our last memory....

Thank you in advance, and Merry Christmas!

Melanie

KellyNY
12-21-2009, 05:57 PM
We are at CBR right now, and we are leaving in the morning after 7 days @ WL and 2 days @ CBR. Kids just woke up from a 3 hour nap, so we are thinking that Illuminations might be a neat way to end our awesome vacation.

All you CBR pros out there...any good place to see Illuminations without actually going to Epcot? The crowds are a little frustrating right now, and I don't want that to be our last memory....

Thank you in advance, and Merry Christmas!

Melanie

You can see them from table area on lagoon off the food court but you will only see some fireworks, not much, I would suggest to go to Epcot and really see them.

Goofy4
12-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Much of Illuminations takes place close to the ground. You would likely see flashes, a laser beam or 2 and the tip of some fireworks, but not much more.

jcriket
12-21-2009, 06:00 PM
There's no good spot to see it well, however you can hear it and see the higher fireworks from the back gate. around the boat area.

ABitDistracted
12-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Thank you for the response. :) We are headed to get something to eat, and we'll see how the kiddos hold up. We had a trip to urgent care this am for a double ear infection so we're in a holding pattern. After waiting as long as we have for busses over the last 2 days, I'm not so sure about heading to the parks tonight.

I am totally missing the WL boat right now..... Although my son and daughter have loved the Pirate Adventure and Pirate room which is the *only* reason we switched resorts.