PDA

View Full Version : Long time board Lurker - staying @ POP

asmilear2ear
12-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Hi! Im a long time board lurker - and my DH and I will be leaving for our honeymoon on wednesday!!!!:banana: we are so excited and can't wait to spend our first christmas as husband and wife at disney!!! how is POP Century- that is where we will be staying.:yay:

Momto2PrncChrmgs
12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Congrats! What a way to spend your honeymoon! We love POP, have stayed there twice and would love to go back again! Everyone has their preferences, but we stayed in the 80's section the first time and hated being that far away from the food court. The second trip we were poolside in the prefered (60's building maybe??) and loved every minute of it. We were a 30 second walk to the food court. Enjoy your trip as husband and wife!!!

SnackyStacky
12-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Pop Century is one of my favorite resorts! It's a fun place to stay.

I like it for many reasons. Firstly, it's a big resort, but the way that it's set up, no building offers an extreme walk to the main building. We were in one of the furthest buildings in the 50s section and the walk was a breeze. Plus, we were situated such that we could step out of our room and see high fireworks during Illuminations.

The food court has some great choices, and we like the way it's setup. (It took a HUGE hit hit when they discontinued the Twinkie Tiramisu:mad:, but I digress). The food we've had there has always been tasty.

The rooms, while small, are still comfortable - as are the beds. (However - we prefer a firmer mattress, so YMMV with this one)

With several pools - where the only difference is the shape - one is usually not more crowded than the other. The one exception may be the Hippy Dippy pool - since it's smack in the middle of the resorts and has some features like spraying flowers. We tended to stick to the bowling pin pool because it was closest.

We usually rent a car - so I don't have too much to add about the transportation - but I will add that it seems as though Pop Century's bus stop at Epcot is so far out, that it may be quicker to walk back to the resort. :)

Seriously though - I love Pop! :)

acwsmom
12-21-2009, 01:43 PM
First, congratulations! I think it would be wonderful to spend a honeymoon at WDW - especially at Christmas time! :lovestruc

We stayed at POP this October for the first time and loved it! They put us in the 50's building, about as far away as you could possibly get from everything, but we loved it since it was so quiet and peaceful and, really, the walk to the buses and the main building wasn't that bad. Loved the theming and loved the Hippy Dippy Pool (even though it was only warm enough to swim one day of our trip) and even liked everything we tried at the Food Court. The rooms were small but, even with four of us in the room, it really wasn't too bad. Never had to wait very long for a bus going out to the resorts in the morning, although the evening waits were a little long. But really, the night that the lines were the longest, they sent out two buses at the same time, so we all got on pretty quickly. We will definitely be back the next time we decide to stay at a value!

bgohre
12-21-2009, 01:53 PM
My family loves POP. That is now "our" resort for all our Disney trips. For the price, you can't beat it.

Nadjalu
12-21-2009, 01:57 PM
We love POP, it is "our" resort.

Just got back 2 weeks ago from our honeymoon there. It was fabulous!

The first time we stayed there we were in the 60's section pool front. It was very handy to everything. The noise wasn't too bad, but yes you can hear stuff if it is crazy pool side.
This time we were in the 70's section, still very close to everything and this will be where we request from now on! It was as close as the 60's room, a bit more quiet, love the music and had a king size bed. Oh it was heaven!

Make sure to walk the grounds at night, it is very romantic, all the icons lit up and the music.

Like PP said the food court is great. Try the tie dye cheesecake, so good, however it leaves your tongue colors. lol

To me POP is the escentual WDW resort. Colorful, alive, musical, it smells wonderful, everything is over the top yet fun. Just a really fun place to stay.

Have a great time.

asmilear2ear
12-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks guys!!!! It was soooo good to hear everyone's comments! Right now we are doing the happy dance b/c we leave tomorrow!!!:dance3: :jumping1:

Nadjalu
12-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Oh I am so jealous!! :lmao: Geez we are just back for only 2 weeks....and have not recovered yet and I am still jealous!

It is a fabulous time, POP is wonderful. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!