PDA

View Full Version : Best Spots to Relax & Play Games

Spacemonkaay
12-21-2009, 04:02 AM
Hello everyone! I would like to know if anyone knows of some great little spots where my wife and I can just sit down & play games (card games, travel Scrabble, etc.) We know that the VWL lobby -- the one with the Carolwood Pacific stuff in it -- is an awesome, secluded spot, but don't know what other little alcoves might be around.

We're staying at BLT from 1/1 to 1/7. Any spots that are a boat ride or monorail ride away will be best. The idea is to either avoid loud crowds or to find an interesting view, where we're not in the middle of foot traffic.

Thanks!

WEDWDW
12-21-2009, 02:11 PM
They have checker boards set up on Tom Sawyer Island.You could take your cards,etc.there and use the tables.:)

I can't think of a better place with views of BTMRR,etc.The island is "usually" not crowded at all either.:)

robert@dvcstore
12-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Sometimes there are picnic tables on the beach at Fort Wilderness near Pioneer Hall. That would just be a boat ride away from the Contemporary and if the weather is nice, a very quite place with a peaceful view.

Have a great trip and Happy Holidays. :santa:

Robert

Pugmalion1
12-21-2009, 04:02 PM
THe first thing to come to mind for me was the Belle Vue Lounge in the Boardwalk. It's a quiet, out-of-the-way little spot where they actually encourage people to relax and play games (all of the tables are either laquered backgammon or checkers/chess boards, and they have a lot of board games you can use). It's not exactly easy to get to from Bay Lake, though.

Really close to you, I'd suggest the lounge at the Wave in the Contemporary. They have a lot of intimately lit seating areas with couches and tables, and it's never all that busy in there. On the right night, you could maybe get away with this in the lounge in California Grill, too.