PDA

View Full Version : stupid question

cerilene
12-20-2009, 04:28 PM
When booking online with the buy 5 nights get 2 free at a value resort, do you select all 7 nights to get the deal or just 5 and then the 2 are added on later? I went on and for 7 nights it's only $8 cheaper than the 30% off deal that they are advertising further down the page. Anyone have any insight? I want to find my parents the best deal (DH and I are DVC members) for when we go in January.

danceintherain
12-20-2009, 04:33 PM
You should select 7 days, but you should make sure you're under the special offers page. Also, make sure you have the same things picked on both offers. The 5/2 probably automatically adds tickets, where a 30% off room-only may not.

There may not be any significant difference between the two offers.
It depends on the resort and room type that you pick.

danceintherain
12-20-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm getting for January 9-16

30% off AS-Movies Preferred Room - 7 Day Base Tickets
$1057.66

5/2 - As-Movies Preferred - 7 day base tickets
$1056.12

So I'm getting the difference as about $1

Doing the calculations for just the room on my own, I'm getting:
A Preferred Value Room is $97 during Value Season
30% - $475.30
5/2 - $485

So I'm getting more of a $10 difference, which seems to be made up for by the free days of tickets.
Therefore, either deal would probably be fine.

If they go with the room only though, then they're not locked into a package, which means they only have to pay anything but their deposit until they arrive at their hotel. Also, they wouldn't have to book the trip until the very end of December, so they would have more time to decide.

However, if they want to do the Dining Plan, then they would have to add tickets.

Sienna
12-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Definitely make sure you click on the particular link for the discount - you won't automatically get the deals or promotions unless you click on the link.

cerilene
12-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah, my dad did something last night to find a deal (I'm not sure what) but it was different from what I found going to the specials link. Do they have pin codes out for January that might be better? We're with AAA, Disney Visa and DVC members, so I'm wondering what might get me the best deal. How do I find out if I have a pin attached to my name?

amccu18007
12-20-2009, 07:30 PM
You ahve to call and ask if you haven't received a pin. You may be pleasantly suprised ;)

cerilene
12-20-2009, 10:52 PM
If I call and I do have a pin, do I have to book something right then? My dad is still waiting to hear if he can get off work, so I can't book something yet. Also, can I use a code for a room, but pay with my dad's credit card?

cerilene
12-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Anyone know?

cerilene
12-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Anyone know?

DisneyDebbie
12-21-2009, 09:44 PM
If you're going to go w/ room only you can book now and cancel anytime prior to 5 days from arrival. A package has penalties within 45 days from arrival.

I would assume you can use any creditcard you want, but I don't know for sure.