PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite room & building @ Port Orleans/French Quarter?

agnes!
12-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Haven't stayed there in a while. For folks who have stayed there recently what is your favorite room and your favorite building? Good/bad/ugly appreciated.

Thanks,
agnes!

abubu919
12-19-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't have a specific room, but I love buildings 3 and 4 because they seem closest to the main building, food court, buses, and pool. They are the farthest from the DTD Boats, but I think it is def worth it. We never have had a bad room at POFQ. It is definitely my fav mod, maybe my fav hotel because we used to stay there when I was little all the time!

Smiling Cheshire Cat
12-19-2009, 06:50 PM
We stayed there over Thanksgiving in Building 2. We stayed on the second floor facing a fountain. It was a very pleasant room and a short walk to the pool, food court, and bus stop.

CleveRocks
12-19-2009, 07:51 PM
It's such a pleasantly compact resort that I can't imagine there being a "bad" or "ugly" room.

AmandaJayne
12-19-2009, 09:01 PM
We stayed at pofq for the first 2 weeks of december. We were in building 6 room 6348. It was a corner room on the 3rd floor facing the river. It was as close to building 7- the farthest building from everything, that i know of. And our walk took maybe 5 minutes, if that, to get anywhere...the buses, food court. I wouldn't mind it again if i was to be assigned to that building. I loved having the corner room. Gave us 2 windows and it really seemed to brighten the room. having building 7 wouldn't be any longer walk than 6. I can't imagine any room or building being ugly. The entire place is beautiful.

cbg1027
12-19-2009, 11:51 PM
I just got back from a split stay at AS Sports and POFQ. When we checked in and were shown on the map where building 1 was, I was a bit disappointed as it was the farthest building on the south side. But I then discovered how small the resort is compared with all the others and loved our location! I had requested a corner room (they have 2 windows instead of 1) and we were given #1148, on the ground floor of building 1. It was a good location for us since the parking lot was so close and we had our car. It was such a short walk to the main building and pool after coming from AS Sports!

Like a PP said, I really don't think any of the locations are bad at POFQ since it's such a small resort.

starrysky
12-20-2009, 05:55 AM
we payed extra for the kingsize bed room and had a wonderful corner room in building 6 which looked out over the river. It was a great location.