PDA

View Full Version : Which building at Pop?

RunningGirl
12-19-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm looking for a bit of advice. We'll be staying at Pop in January and will not have a car. We will be there with DSis, who will have 2 small children with her. We will be using Disney transportation for everything. We will not be using the pool while at the resort.

Which section/building would you request? TIA!

danielsmommy04
12-19-2009, 12:27 PM
In January, we have a ground floor room in the 50's building # 1. It's not preffered room, but we could walk in about 2 minutes to Classic Hall! It was very convienent!
We just returned and stayed in the 90's building and it was VERY far from the lobby...

Nadjalu
12-19-2009, 12:55 PM
The 90's and 80's are a pretty good walk from everything. However depending on where you are in those buildings you can cut thru the parking lot to the buses. Classic Hall is a good walk though.
50's is a quiet section, as well as the 70's. The 60's is convenient but it is by the main pool as well as the bar.
If you want preferred it will get you a bit closer but those buildings do have standard rooms that are almost as close.

I have seen links to the layout of the grounds, if you can find it or someone who knows what I am talking about could link it, that would help you.

Enjoy! POP is the best!!

fakereadhed
12-19-2009, 01:16 PM
I've stayed at Pop 6 times.:eek:

I like 60's and 70's non-preferred. Very quiet and close to everything.

I wouldn't stay in 80's or 90's if you don't have a car to park. I have had lots of noise late at night from people coming and going in the parking lot.

dancin Disney style
12-19-2009, 02:57 PM
I suggest 70's...it will put you very close to the bus stop and Classic Hall. There is no pool in that area so it's quiet. The 70's are a little closer to the bus and food court than the 50's but really there are all pretty close.

woodkins
12-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Just got back from a 5 nt stay in building 2 of the 50's section. It was a great location, quiet close to the bowling pool but still quiet as that is an extra pool. We had a rental car & parked in the rear of the building, but there is parking available on all 3 sides so you are never far from a spot. You can quickly walk to the classic hall food court or drive over there if you prefer. We had a standard room, but had a view of the lake which was peaceful and relaxing....If only I could say the same about the huge family group that shared the 4 rooms surrounding ours :rotfl2:

RunningGirl
12-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks, all! I found a resort map on allears and I think we'll try for 70's. DS thinks we should walk around and look for the best towel animals and ask for a room there!

momtwoboys
12-19-2009, 07:33 PM
we've stayed in building #9 of the 80's on the backside and it was sooooo close to the front of classic hall, and the bus stop. After getting off the bus we just crossed the parking lot or walked along side the sidewalk, and voila we were at our room! Look at one of the maps and check out where Building 9 is!!!! WE LOVE IT;)

starsweeper
12-19-2009, 07:41 PM
In January, we have a ground floor room in the 50's building # 1. It's not preffered room, but we could walk in about 2 minutes to Classic Hall! It was very convienent!
We just returned and stayed in the 90's building and it was VERY far from the lobby...

We were also in a 50s building on the first floor, the farthest from Classic Hall. We had parking spaces and laundry facilities just a minute from our room, and could walk to Classic Hall in 5 minutes with two toddlers/strollers. A very convenient and quiet location.