PDA

View Full Version : Afvc & getravelop

Mysteria
12-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Tell me of your experiences with the resorts offered please. The good, bad ugly and why.

I love planning and I've looked at what is available now but I'd love to hear opinions of people who have actually used either site and stayed at any of the resorts.

JLTraveling
12-19-2009, 08:05 AM
We use AFVC for resorts around the world, and have found the site to be fantastic! Never used the other one you mentioned, so I can't comment either way.

We were in the area with our RV a few weeks before a scheduled Disney trip, so we took the opportunity to drive around and look at the various AFVC resorts before making a decision. I will say this...we didn't see a "bad" resort. It honestly looks like any of the regularly available places would be fine. We used Trip Advisor to help us narrow things down based on other travelers' experiences.

Finally we ended up going with Orbit One Vacation Villas. It seemed to be the best mix of location (directly across 192 from Sherberth Rd, making it faster to get to the parks than it is from some on-site resorts), reviews, amenities, activities and size/decor of the condo itself.

The exterior seems a bit dated (think 1970s-early 1980s futuristic), but the condos seem to be updated regularly. We had a 2 bedroom, and the massive whirlpool tub in the master suite was big enough for a block party LOL. King bed in the master, two double beds in the other room, plus a sleeper sofa in the living room. Nice open floor plan with the living room/dining room/kitchen all open to each other. Small but comfortable screened patio. The kitchen is extremely well-equipped and big enough to cook a full meal for six.

There's no elevator, and I'm not sure if the buildings are two or three stories. One of our group is disabled, so we requested and received a ground floor unit. The staff is fantastic. There's a discount ticket booth in the main building, which sells not only Disney but pretty much everywhere you can think of. I believe there's a park shuttle (not sure on that since we drove everywhere). A small continental breakfast is served each morning.

I could go on and on about the place, it was truly an awesome stay. Can't beat it for AFVC rates!!

syvmom
12-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Thanks for that detailed information....it sounds great!

Mysteria
12-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Thank you. I have some time to narrow it down but I'll add that to the good review list.

reservations4five
12-28-2009, 04:39 PM
we just got home from Disney a week ago - stayed at Wydham Cypress Palms and it was FANTASTIC! booked though getravelop.