PDA

View Full Version : I have to say Pop Century really impressed me

Disney_Fanatic25
12-18-2009, 09:24 PM
I just got back from 3 days at Pop Century and I have to say they really imporessed me. No the room was not much more then a regular room and the food was not outstanding but their customer service and the atmosphere was amazing. The first night I was there my son had to go by ambulance to the hospital (he is fine now and was good enough to keep on going with the vacation) but the minute they were informed the manager was there and she kept me calm through the whole thing. They reimbursed me for the taxi back to the hotel, called the next day to check on him and sent my son a balloon basket with toys and candy. They went above and beyond what they had to do and I couldnt thank them enough. I just wanted you all to know how great the cast members are there.

Jaxum
12-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Love Pop Century. It's my favorite of the Values.

mickaholic4077
12-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Glad your son is doing okay!!

Remmy
12-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Glad to hear that the Pop resort impressed you and your son is doing well.

I agree with your statement. We didn't have any illnesses, but we too found the service there to be wonderful. Especially housekeeping. We didn't ask for it everyday yet when we didn't they would leave a huge bag on our door filled to the brim with toilet paper, tissue boxes and assorted sizes of clean towels. We stayed for 13 nights and we would go back there again.

We also found excellent customer service everywhere from the check in,to the gift shop, just everywhere.

Thank you for writing something positive.

Pixie Princess
12-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Glad your son is okay and was able to continue on with the trip. I couldn't agree more with you about Pop Century. We stayed there for the first time in Nov. for a long weekend. I was a bit nervous based on feedback from people I knew who had stayed at the various value resorts. Yes, the room is small, but there are only two of us so no biggie. We loved the "family of the day" certificate, mousekeeping was fantastic, all the CMs were friendly and very helpful, and my DD loved the Rubicks cube in the room. No, it didn't have that out-of-the-fray feel that POR, our usual mod, has, but it was quiet and well organized. The only downer was that the hustle lessons did not occur until the day we left.

RadioFanatic
12-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Another pop fan here! We have stayed there twice, both with good experiences. Only resort where we got all of our requests (both times); and cm's always nice!!

2BOYMOM
12-19-2009, 09:34 AM
We have stayed at POP 3 times and have alway had an excellent experience.

Minnie1156
12-19-2009, 09:56 AM
I agree I love POP We stay there almost everytime

Nadjalu
12-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Glad to hear your son is ok and you had a good experience.

We love POP that is the first choice for me when I stay head to WDW. It is the best resort!!

kmvand1
12-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Pop is the best value, hands down! :thumbsup2

Mickey's Best Girl
12-19-2009, 03:34 PM
It's nice to read something positive, thank you for posting! I love Pop. We have tried 2 mods (CBR & POR) and each time, we wished we were back at Pop Century!

I am glad to hear your son is OK.
:goodvibes

tegdig
12-20-2009, 08:58 AM
SOOOO nice to read a positive post!!!!! Seems like there are fewer and fewer these days!!!!!
Just got done reading a negative one about CBR.
I have stayed at most resorts on property over the years....yes, some trips go easier than others, but attitude makes such a difference!
Glad the OP had a great time and posted something to that fact! Glad to hear your son was OK too.....

tam626
12-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Glad your son is ok. Glad to hear all the positives about Pop. Thinking of staying there this year, may need to cut back on spending this trip.

paintnolish
12-20-2009, 03:15 PM
We also enjoyed our recent stay at Pop. It won't keep us from going to our favorite (CSR) when money permits, though. This was our second trip in a year and we were trying to save money, so we chose Pop. It was much better than Movies (3 times), the only other value we have stayed at.

ohnowewontgo
12-20-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm so glad to read something fantastic and positive about this resort! I'll be going, for the first time as a resort stayer, in April...and I was really worried! Everyone always has such negative things to say about the value resorts. I'm glad you sonr is ok, and that is amazing about the basket they sent! What sweethearts:thumbsup2

AlohaPolynesian
12-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Glad your son is doing okay and that the CM's there were able to help with the situation. I stayed there in May after staying at the AKL in March. I never thought it could measure up to a deluxe, but it was a really great time.

jamstew
12-21-2009, 11:23 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed my three nights there earlier this month. I'm DVC, but I decided to move to Pop for the weekend to save some points. It was a very pleasant surprise, and the service was very friendly and helpful.

MsStinkerBelle
12-21-2009, 12:07 PM
All of our stays at Pop have been awesome! Great CMs, wonderful mousekeeping, and the resort was especially wonderful at Christmas--imagine strolling into Classic Hall to the music from 'Charlie Brown Christmas'. :cloud9: We like it so much that we usually split our stays at the Poly with it. :goodvibes