PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good move

melvin1970
12-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Have the WL booked for Feb 27-March 5th. We have 2 rooms. Thinking about switching to CSR. We have stayed WL before and love it but thought maybe we should try something new. Would we be disapointed since it is further away and a bigger resort. Looks very nice. It will be 4 kids 12, 11, 10 and 8 and 2 adults. We have ADR so far for breakfast at Tusker House (animal kingdom) and O'hanas. Would like feed back on CSR and getting to ADR's.

ndfi78
12-18-2009, 01:11 PM
The good and the bad, of course this is just my opinion. Even though we had to take the bus everywhere, it wasn't to bad. We did have a very good room location though, Casitas building 3. This put us near bus stop 1 at El Centro (the last stop before the bus leaves the resort) and bus stop 2 (the first stop for buses coming back to the resort).

Good:
Beautiful, I mean beautiful grounds. Even though it was a large resort we never had any problems getting around.

Bad:
The food options are subpar, IMHO.

disneyfan55
12-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Have the WL booked for Feb 27-March. We have 2 rooms. Thinking about switching to CSR. We have stayed WL before and love it but thought maybe we should try something new. Would we be disapointed since it is further away and a bigger resort. Looks very nice. It will be 4 kids 12, 11, 10 and 8 and 2 adults. We have ADR so far for breakfast at Tusker House (animal kingdom) and O'hanas. Would like feed back on CSR and getting to ADR's.

I really like the WL much more than CSR. Many here love the CSR, but although it's nice, it's just not one of my favorites. As far as meals, you should check out menus on allears.net and see what you like. There is a lot of variety and different character meals as well. Give an idea on what type of food you like and it will be easier to advise you!! ( we will be in WL in Feb with a great PIN if that tells you our choice!!)

mmmears
12-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Just realize that if you change to CSR, you'll be giving up the following:

-- being all in one building
-- indoor corridors
-- private balconies
-- being so close to the MK & the MK resorts
-- watching the EWP at night

It really depends on what you're looking for, though. CSR looks like a really nice place. My family won't give up the balconies, though.:)

melvin1970
12-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for your feed back. I am thinking we will stay with the WL. This will be the first trip for the extra adult, 12 yr old and 10 yr old. Want it to be special and we just love this resort.

Sue M
12-18-2009, 05:26 PM
I'd stick with WL! I would miss the balcony, boat to MK, and indoor halls. I've heard CSR is nice, but WL is amazing.

abubu919
12-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I would stick to WL as well. Can't beat it :)