PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treating with the mouse

MagicMomentsMom
12-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Well we've been back 6 days, yes, just 6 days, but we're already planning a return trip:cool1: We're headed back for some fun trick or treating with the mouse and the gang! My DD, GenevaClaire, told me the day before we left from our December vacation that she wanted to come back to the Halloween party and I was more than happy to oblige that little hearts desire, lol. Even her Daddy is on board with going so soon, I overheard him tell one of his buddies that we were planning our return trip for Halloween already!

The dates are kind of wishy washy right now, but it should be the first and second week of october or the last week of october and the first week of november. I'd like to try and combine both the halloween party and the first MVMCP party of the year, but I'm worried about the crowds for Jersey week. soooo here's my plan (shhhhhhhhhh, it's a secret so don't tell) We go the first two weeks of October for my birthday and Halloween fun and then return on a surprise trip for GenevaClaire and the grandparents during the 1st week of December, for a short trip. So that will be a big SURPRISE for all of them, only me and DH will know. Only problem is he's not so into the December trip idea right now, he says once I pay off the first trip then I can plan the second one, lol.

I'll be back in a bit to introduce us all, but if you're curious about us before then you can click on the link to read my PTR and TR from our Princess Magic and Pixie Dust Trip in December

Trying to figure out how to do the handy dandy index
Veronica

MagicMomentsMom
12-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Well the snow of 09 hit us hard--total snowfall 18" But it gave me plenty of time to daydream and plan for our October visit! I posted photos over on the other thread if you want to take a look! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2218992&page=10

pipersmom
12-27-2009, 05:02 PM
LOL at paying for the first trip before planning the second, but I totally understand. Looking forward to following along, so neat that you all are going to be able to see MNSSHP and MVMCP in the same year!

MagicMomentsMom
01-04-2010, 06:30 AM
LOL at paying for the first trip before planning the second, but I totally understand. Looking forward to following along, so neat that you all are going to be able to see MNSSHP and MVMCP in the same year!

We're hoping! My mom told me that she would rather go to NYC for a Christmas Trip:scared1:So I'll have to wait and see....(and pout, lol)

MagicMomentsMom
01-05-2010, 01:07 PM
I learned alot on our 1st family trip-seriously all the reading, researching and planning wasn't in vain. I also learned a lot about GenevaClaire and what she needs to function and be happy and not reach an overloaded/overwhelmed state of mind. So with that being said I'm in the full on planning mode--we've had so much snow here and so many snow days that I've got plenty of time to daydream and plan for our halloween trip. GenevaClaire is even sharing in my obsession:laughing:she gets out her Disney guide book and talks about all the rides she liked and wants to do again.

I do have concerns about going in October because of the unheard of heat wave last year, but I'm praying that it's not going to be like that this coming October.....

I found the family movie fun night thread here on the DIS last trip and I had every good intention of doing alot of movie nights but they never got off the ground fully. We did watch the movies I just didn't get all the cute food and fun activities all planned out. Not this time :) GenevaClaire helped me pick out all the movies in the order that she wanted to see them and I'm getting the stuff together for us to have fun at them! Our 1st one is this weekend, and it's going to be 101 Dalmations--we stopped by the craft store and Dollar tree yesterday after school and picked up some fun supplies. I'm still trying to figure out the menu here is what I have so far

Make dog bones for our dogs
Make dog bone sugar cookies for us
Dalmation Shakes
Combine 32 oz. of milk with 2 Oreo cookies and 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream. (For thicker shakes, add more ice cream.) Blend well. When serving, top with Oreo cookie crumbs.
Puppy Pizza's (GenevaClaire won't eat Hotdogs so it will have to be pizza)

For activities
Dalmation Picture frames--we'll be using felt, foam and a few buttons to make our picture frames
http://family.go.com/entertainment/craft-mother-641929-dalmatian-picture-frame-t/
Make dog bones for our dogs

disneycat_f2008
01-05-2010, 01:33 PM
I shall join you for your PTR we are planning to out this october aswell for the Halloween Celebrations :)

MagicMomentsMom
01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I shall join you for your PTR we are planning to out this october aswell for the Halloween Celebrations :)

Welcome! So glad you're here! It's going to be such a fun October! I'm off to check out your Planning report!

Veronica

3princesses+aprince
01-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Joining you!! We are going the last week of September and are super excited about Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party!!!!

disneycat_f2008
01-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Welcome! So glad you're here! It's going to be such a fun October! I'm off to check out your Planning report!

Veronica

I've never been in October before this is our first time, i'm looking forward to doing the Halloween Party :)

pipersmom
01-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Woohoo..I can't wait to see the results of your first movie night, we're doing our first this weekend as well, though I haven't decided which movie yet..guess I need to get on that, huh? :lmao: Piper has a kid's guide too, and she loves it!

MagicMomentsMom
01-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Joining you!! We are going the last week of September and are super excited about Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party!!!!

Welcome!!! I was going to ask if you had decided what night you're doing MNSSHP but they haven't posted the dates yet, lol. I'm getting ahead of myself:rotfl: Are you guys goind to dress up?

MagicMomentsMom
01-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Woohoo..I can't wait to see the results of your first movie night, we're doing our first this weekend as well, though I haven't decided which movie yet..guess I need to get on that, huh? :lmao: Piper has a kid's guide too, and she loves it!

I hope it turns out cute--I made a little menu up with our food and activities for the night--I couldn't find a black tablecloth at the dollar tree so I ended up with a white one and red plates:confused3 but I still think it will be cute even though I don't have the black and white right..

pipersmom
01-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I bet it will be perfect! I can't wait to see all the piccies!

disneycat_f2008
01-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Welcome!!! I was going to ask if you had decided what night you're doing MNSSHP but they haven't posted the dates yet, lol. I'm getting ahead of myself:rotfl: Are you guys goind to dress up?

Do you know when they post the dates as this is the first time we have done anything like this & i really want to do MNSSHP.

MagicMomentsMom
01-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Do you know when they post the dates as this is the first time we have done anything like this & i really want to do MNSSHP.

it should be some time in march ( I think) I've been using last years dates as a guessing point

Victoriasmom98
01-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Subbing to your thread, Veronica!!! My DD Victoria and I are planning on being there the last week of September into October and definitely planning on the MNSSHP!!!! We are staying at Pop!:woohoo:

MagicMomentsMom
01-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Subbing to your thread, Veronica!!! My DD Victoria and I are planning on being there the last week of September into October and definitely planning on the MNSSHP!!!! We are staying at Pop!:woohoo:

Hi Anne and WELCOME!! :banana:

MagicMomentsMom
01-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Well it's another snow day here--we've had more snow in the past 1 1/2 months than we've had in the past 7 years--it's insane....
So since it's another snow day we're going to have our Disney Movie Night tonight instead of tomorrow. GenevaClaire is getting restless so it will be a nice diversion for all of us. We're going to get the house decorated, all of our craft activities and make the food before Ben gets home from work and then we'll watch 101 Dalmations-It should be lots of fun and we can't wait--this is the first one this time around--I haven't decided yet if I want to start a countdown chain now or not--it might be frustrating for GenevaClaire since it is so far away--so I think I'll wait to start the "countdown" until Summer time--maybe at the 45 day out mark we'll start :) so no countdown chain for now.
I'm still working on the TR from our Dec 09 report and I'm also trying to get my act together and start scrapbooking some--this time around I'm doing a digi album with lots of cute Disney stuff and have it printed thru Artscow as a 12x12 album. Speaking of ArtsCow--I'm going to have our MNSSHP autograph cards from the Uber talented Natalie, made into an 8x8 book, I didn't get one made for the MVMCP, we just used the regular autograph cards I had printed,but I'd like to have a book of the MNSSHP this time around so maybe I'll get that done during naptime today.

so up for today our 1st Movie Night of 2010, MNSSHP autograph book uploaded to artscow, autograph cards for the parks ordered from artscow--maybe a photo book of those too, not sure yet because there are alot of them, like 130 and that would be a huge book. So I may have to figure out what would be the best way to do it. I carried around all the individual cards in a large photo album this past trip and the album was way tooooo bulky, but I could buy smaller albums this time around--so perhaps that will be my
plan for 2010--need to think about that one....

pipersmom
01-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Well it's another snow day here--we've had more snow in the past 1 1/2 months than we've had in the past 7 years--it's insane....
So since it's another snow day we're going to have our Disney Movie Night tonight instead of tomorrow. GenevaClaire is getting restless so it will be a nice diversion for all of us. We're going to get the house decorated, all of our craft activities and make the food before Ben gets home from work and then we'll watch 101 Dalmations-It should be lots of fun and we can't wait--this is the first one this time around--I haven't decided yet if I want to start a countdown chain now or not--it might be frustrating for GenevaClaire since it is so far away--so I think I'll wait to start the "countdown" until Summer time--maybe at the 45 day out mark we'll start :) so no countdown chain for now.

Wopohoo for movie night..we were supposed to get snow and got nothing, nada, zip, zilch! Can't wait to see all the cool stuff! I debated starting our chain Christmas day since it was 67 days out, but Piper is really enjoying it and can tell you how many days are left at any given moment!

I'm still working on the TR from our Dec 09 report and I'm also trying to get my act together and start scrapbooking some--this time around I'm doing a digi album with lots of cute Disney stuff and have it printed thru Artscow as a 12x12 album. Speaking of ArtsCow--I'm going to have our MNSSHP autograph cards from the Uber talented Natalie, made into an 8x8 book, I didn't get one made for the MVMCP, we just used the regular autograph cards I had printed,but I'd like to have a book of the MNSSHP this time around so maybe I'll get that done during naptime today.

so up for today our 1st Movie Night of 2010, MNSSHP autograph book uploaded to artscow, autograph cards for the parks ordered from artscow--maybe a photo book of those too, not sure yet because there are alot of them, like 130 and that would be a huge book. So I may have to figure out what would be the best way to do it. I carried around all the individual cards in a large photo album this past trip and the album was way tooooo bulky, but I could buy smaller albums this time around--so perhaps that will be my
plan for 2010--need to think about that one....

I'm going to have to check out artscow, I think, it sounds like they do some pretty neat stuff. Can you buy a smaller album and just swap out the cards as you go? Sounds like a busy day for you today!:goodvibes

-Hope-
01-08-2010, 07:46 AM
subbing in... and going to check out artscow!

I love the movie night idea and we may have to do that! :thumbsup2 Is there a thread floating around here with ideas?

3princesses+aprince
01-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Wow, you have a lot of Disney stuff going on!! Very fun. I gotta get going too. With the wedding and the Disney trip, I have so much to do!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your first movie night.

And we started our countdown chain for our last trip pretty far out. I think we were at around 150 days out when we started. So, I know we'll start ours up again very soon.

disneycat_f2008
01-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Movie night sound so much fun :goodvibes hope you have fun :)

Charlefours
01-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Hello!

Just found your PTR, and I am following all for the long haul. :goodvibes I am going to catch up and read your previous PTR possibly but definitely your current TR! Off to read it now...:surfweb:

MagicMomentsMom
01-09-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm going to have to check out artscow, I think, it sounds like they do some pretty neat stuff. Can you buy a smaller album and just swap out the cards as you go? Sounds like a busy day for you today!:goodvibes

artscow is awesome because they are the only ones that I know of that will print the Mouse stuff--I'll take pics and post our autograph cards from December and our Holidays around the world passport book--super cheap and excellent quality. they send out discount codes all the time for free or super cheap and free shipping--now the only problem I have with them is they are SLOW to ship photo books, so if you order a photo book order at least 2 to 3 months before you need it, because you might not get it in time. I ordered in October and didn't get ours for EPCOT until the end of November, I was in a serious panic thinking it wouldn't get here in time, but it did finally.
I think the smaller photo albums would be alot better, that's what I used for our character meal autograph cards and it was so much lighter to carry around, so I guess we'll just have two or three little ones instead of that bulky one I carried around last time--but then there is the issue of having something hard for the characters to sign on.... hmmmm, I guess it's back to the drawing board again, lol.

MagicMomentsMom
01-09-2010, 07:45 PM
subbing in... and going to check out artscow!

I love the movie night idea and we may have to do that! :thumbsup2 Is there a thread floating around here with ideas?

It's a great company just order in plenty of time for photo books ;) the movie night thread has soooo many cool ideas! I think you already found it lol, at least I did my part to contribute a little more to your addiction.:lmao: I'll post the details of movie night in just a sec!

MagicMomentsMom
01-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Wow, you have a lot of Disney stuff going on!! Very fun. I gotta get going too. With the wedding and the Disney trip, I have so much to do!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your first movie night.

And we started our countdown chain for our last trip pretty far out. I think we were at around 150 days out when we started. So, I know we'll start ours up again very soon.

Glad you're here! I know you are super busy--I can't imagine planning a wedding and disney at the same time--your location pics were beatiful in your PTR

MagicMomentsMom
01-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Hello!

Just found your PTR, and I am following all for the long haul. :goodvibes I am going to catch up and read your previous PTR possibly but definitely your current TR! Off to read it now...:surfweb:

Welcome!! So glad you're jumping in here--it's been alot of fun so far and writing the TR for December has been so much fun--I'll have another post up on it soon

MagicMomentsMom
01-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Our 1st Movie night----101 Dalmatians

Well we started out with a few Dollar tree supplies, a few clearance goodies, a Disney keepsake, some messy fun homemade goodies and we had a movie night in the works--

We picked up a white tablecloth and some red plates/cups at the Dollar Tree for our tableware but I really wanted some dots on it, lol. So during GenevaClaire's naptime I punched out 1" circles from my quickutz vinyl and viola we had dalmatian spots for the tablecloth. lol. Ok so that's done, we had already had Daddy blow up a bunch of balloons earlier in the week, so we just used the red and black ones for the table top. Then We needed a centerpiece, well since we didn't have any dalmatian dogs, I improvised. We had just purchased a christmas basket in Red and black at Michaels 75% clearance, so we used that and put the movie and one of GenevaClaire's keepsakes from our December trip, the Movie clapper chalkboard--so now the table is all set and ready to go.
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/veronicamelton/365.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/veronicamelton/366.jpg

On to the food--we made personal pizza's and dogbone cookies. I thought I had everything to make the dogbones for the dogs but realized we didn't have enought eggs to make them and the cookies, so our dog bone cookies won out over the puppies dog bones. We're going to make those one day this week.
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/veronicamelton/368-1.jpg
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/veronicamelton/373-1.jpg
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/veronicamelton/369.jpg
(GenevaClaire even insisted on wearing a matching outfit in black and red polka dots, lol)
It was a super fun night, until GenevaClaire got tired, and then she was restless and then that led to acting up and being super goofy and not wanting to watch the movie:confused3 So it was fun, but I learned a great lesson, do not do these late in the day, for us it needs to be lunchtime or just after naptime on Saturday or she's not going to be able to sit and enjoy the movie.(neither are we) Next movie night is Snow White :)

Ok so on to other to Disney goodness--Got great news that I have some Disney Vault movies on the way... We didn't have kids when these were available or were to caught up in Genevaclaire's health issues so we didn't buy them before they went back in the vault, but my Aunt has found them for me! YAY. So we have Bambi, Lion King, Cindrella, Lady and the Tramp and the Little Mermaid DVD's coming in the next week.:cool1: And my BIL is going to lend us his Copy of Song of the South when that movie night rolls around so we only have a few movies to either buy, rent or borrow to finish out the movie night schedule between now and the trip dates.

I plan on making shirts for us this trip, since time ran out last trip and I didn't have everything I needed. So I was checking my email tonight and in the ACMoore ad starting tomorrow the hanes 50/50 tees are 4/10.00 so I'm going to go buy a few this week and my plan is to purchase a few each time that they go on sale at ACmoore or Michael's and then it won't be a huge purchase when I'm ready to make them in the spring/summer for our trip. I also found the transfers online at great price and I'll buy those in the next month or two so I'll have that part purchased. Then it will be the most expensive thing, the ink. UGH. my printer is an hp and it's crazy how expensive the inks are, but I get the coupons thru email for office depot and office max so each coupon I get--- I'll buy a set of inks and save 10 bucks each time and earn reward bucks to use the next quarter. So hopefully planning this far in advance will make the expense of tshirts not such a sticker shock all at once.

okey dokey that was a long post, sorry. Thanks if you stuck around to this point, next up is super special treats possibly planned for trip...

pipersmom
01-09-2010, 09:21 PM
First of all, Piper says hello! lol. I can't wait to see the pics of your autograph cards, they sound very cool! I've seen some people talk about taking a mini clipboard and putting holes in the tops of their autograph cards and attaching them to the top hole of the clip on the clipboard. You could prob make them large enough so you could cut off the top inch where the hole is later. Not sure if something like that would interest you or not though.

Woohoo for movie night! I think you did a great job, love the red and black theme, and the cookies..so cute. And the pic of GenevaClaire is just awesome, I love the look on her face! :cutie: Hooray for more dvds! And Song of the South, how awesome is that, it is blacklisted in the US and can no longer be bought! Okay, and now the big question of the night..where did you find the movie board at DHS, and would you mind giving me an idea of the price? Piper will be absolutely gaga over something like that! She is all about making up plays, etc.

MagicMomentsMom
01-10-2010, 07:46 AM
First of all, Piper says hello! lol. I can't wait to see the pics of your autograph cards, they sound very cool! I've seen some people talk about taking a mini clipboard and putting holes in the tops of their autograph cards and attaching them to the top hole of the clip on the clipboard. You could prob make them large enough so you could cut off the top inch where the hole is later. Not sure if something like that would interest you or not though.

Woohoo for movie night! I think you did a great job, love the red and black theme, and the cookies..so cute. And the pic of GenevaClaire is just awesome, I love the look on her face! :cutie: Hooray for more dvds! And Song of the South, how awesome is that, it is blacklisted in the US and can no longer be bought! Okay, and now the big question of the night..where did you find the movie board at DHS, and would you mind giving me an idea of the price? Piper will be absolutely gaga over something like that! She is all about making up plays, etc.

Good Morning! Tell Miss Piper that GenevaClaire and I say HI!
the clipboard is a great idea! I know the scrapbook store has little clipboards that I could decorate and use--GREAT idea!! Thank you:thumbsup2
I'm excited about the dvd's too--Song of the South was an awesome find, Ben's cousin has a condo in the Philliphines and he picked up for Ben's brother when he went over to visit --and brought it back with him.
GenevaClaire loves putting on skits and pretending so she had to have it--it came from the muppet store, it's right across from the exit of the Muppet Vision3D--I don't know exactly where in the store she picked up it though... lol. It was 7 or 8 bucks.
I'm going to take pics of the autograph cards right now and I'll post right after I make breakfast for Ben--GenevaClaire, the puppy and the cats have eaten--he's the only lazy bones around here this morning, lol.

MagicMomentsMom
01-10-2010, 08:29 AM
as promised here are pics of a few of the autograph cards and the Holidays around the world passport for epcot... although not many of the performers for Holidays around the world will sign---only a few of them that we found were "allowed" to sign.
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/veronicamelton/007.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/veronicamelton/008.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/veronicamelton/009.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/veronicamelton/006.jpg

a HUGE thank you to Natalie here on the DISboards for the AMAZING DISigns!!

pipersmom
01-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Those are so cute, Veronica, and definitely keepsake quality! Thanks for the tip on the movie board, we'll definitely look for them, esp. since the Muppets 3-D is pretty high on our to do list at DHS..I actually have a lot of the old Muppet shows on video cassettes and Piper loves them as much as I do!

MagicMomentsMom
01-12-2010, 01:14 PM
eating and celebrating :) fun thing to think about isn't it...

For the most part we're going to do the same meals/restaurants as last time, except there will be no Garden Grill Character meal, that place was horrible. BLECH and no Play and Dine Character breakfast...but that may change before our ADR date...

Here's our definite lists old and new

CRT for Breakfast again
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Faire dinner
Safari breakfast at AK
Liberty Tree tavern
Lilo and Stitch Breakfast
Tony's
Whispering canyon
Storybook Breakfast Epcot
Hoop De doo (looking forward to this one)
Brown Derby
50's diner (maybe? maybe not)
chef Mickey's
Coral reef
Le Cellier

We didn't attend the Princess Tea party last time so we are definitely going to it this time around, MNSSHP, Campfire sing along, the water parade from the Beach at Poly and who knows what else I can pack into 11 days, lol. but that's just what has crossed my planning path the past few days...
Not sure if I/we'll do any activities at FW or not, I don't believe that they have any activities that are actually geared to small kids like GenevaClaire so we'll just have to wait and see

MagicMomentsMom
01-19-2010, 06:40 AM
let's see, the past week has been a bit crazy. School finally was in session a whole week, long enough for GenevaClaire to be exposed to some icky respiratory germs and she's sick, sick, sick. It appears to be pneumonia again, but I can't confirm it until they culture her blood sample again today---which will make it the second time in 2 months and the third time in a year. ugh. With her lung damage and the compromised immune system she's a walking, talking target for it. Her fever keeps spiking from 100 to 103, but tylenol is working, so that's good.
We postponed movie night this weekend because she was in the begining stages of this garbage, so I had planned on having movie night tonight, but now I'm not so sure. We'll just have to wait and see if we can have snow white movie night

pipersmom
01-19-2010, 07:02 AM
eating and celebrating :) fun thing to think about isn't it...

For the most part we're going to do the same meals/restaurants as last time, except there will be no Garden Grill Character meal, that place was horrible. BLECH and no Play and Dine Character breakfast...but that may change before our ADR date...

Here's our definite lists old and new

CRT for Breakfast again
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Faire dinner
Safari breakfast at AK
Liberty Tree tavern
Lilo and Stitch Breakfast
Tony's
Whispering canyon
Storybook Breakfast Epcot
Hoop De doo (looking forward to this one)
Brown Derby
50's diner (maybe? maybe not)
chef Mickey's
Coral reef
Le Cellier

We didn't attend the Princess Tea party last time so we are definitely going to it this time around, MNSSHP, Campfire sing along, the water parade from the Beach at Poly and who knows what else I can pack into 11 days, lol. but that's just what has crossed my planning path the past few days...
Not sure if I/we'll do any activities at FW or not, I don't believe that they have any activities that are actually geared to small kids like GenevaClaire so we'll just have to wait and see

Your plans sound great, Veronica..I am tottttally jealous you have 11 days..I'm worried about what we're going to get done in 3!! (Disney days, anyway.) The tea party sounds fun, as does Hoop Dee Doo, I just didn't think we could fit HDDR in with everything else going on.

let's see, the past week has been a bit crazy. School finally was in session a whole week, long enough for GenevaClaire to be exposed to some icky respiratory germs and she's sick, sick, sick. It appears to be pneumonia again, but I can't confirm it until they culture her blood sample again today---which will make it the second time in 2 months and the third time in a year. ugh. With her lung damage and the compromised immune system she's a walking, talking target for it. Her fever keeps spiking from 100 to 103, but tylenol is working, so that's good.
We postponed movie night this weekend because she was in the begining stages of this garbage, so I had planned on having movie night tonight, but now I'm not so sure. We'll just have to wait and see if we can have snow white movie night

Yuck!! I'm sorry GenevaClaire isn't feeling well. :hug: I'm glad the tylenol is working for her fever though. Is she on any antibiotic all the time? Piper takes Bactrim 2x daily, and I think that helps somewhat. We have an appt today also, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for both girls!

MagicMomentsMom
01-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Your plans sound great, Veronica..I am tottttally jealous you have 11 days..I'm worried about what we're going to get done in 3!! (Disney days, anyway.) The tea party sounds fun, as does Hoop Dee Doo, I just didn't think we could fit HDDR in with everything else going on.

Yuck!! I'm sorry GenevaClaire isn't feeling well. :hug: I'm glad the tylenol is working for her fever though. Is she on any antibiotic all the time? Piper takes Bactrim 2x daily, and I think that helps somewhat. We have an appt today also, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for both girls!

You guys will have a fantastic time! I know you'll get it all done in the three days:) We took GenevaClaire to the Dr yesterday, along with xrays, and she has double pneumonia:sad2: she's a sick, sick little girl. Her fever is ok until the meds wear off then it's through the roof. They started her on another round of antibiotics and gave her a shot of it yesterday to get it in her system. This makes the 3rd time in a year that she's had pneumonia, remember she had the last bout with it at the end of November, right before we left for Disney World. Her sats were horrible, it was hovering at 90 and they were ready to send us to the hospital but after a few neb treatments they got her back up to 95. So we're doing 2 neb treatments and 4 to 6 inhaler treatments along with the meds.

MagicMomentsMom
01-22-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm home with a sick and restless little girl, this round of pneumonia is kicking her booty, she's not so quick to bounce back, which with the meds I would have thought she would have sounded alot better, but not yet, so I'm praying that her lung function starts to improve or she's going to be in a heap of trouble--she's been "crafting and computing" all morning, very low key stuff. I've been dis'ing and crafting so we're trying to keep both of ourselves occupied. Today is GenevaClaire's 5th birthday and it's always a happy and sad day for me. I have a whole lot of emotion in that day and it's hard to relive it, but it's bittersweet because I know that without the pain of the begining of her life and the struggles she has faced in her first 5 years we would not have our little sassy girl today to love.
She is my miracle and I have no idea where our lives would have been without her, I can't even imagine it to tell the truth. So a Happy Happy Birthday to GenevaClaire!

2_Eagle_Mom
01-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Jumped over here from DisneyCat_f2009's PTR. So sorry to hear GenevaClaire is sick. Hope she is feeling bettpixiedust:pixiedust:er today. Sending you pixiedust:

I love you Disney movie ideas. My kids are A LOT older but luckily we all still love to watch Disney movies. I'll have to plan a movie night and plan a menu to match it.

MagicMomentsMom
01-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Jumped over here from DisneyCat_f2009's PTR. So sorry to hear GenevaClaire is sick. Hope she is feeling bettpixiedust:pixiedust:er today. Sending you pixiedust:

I love you Disney movie ideas. My kids are A LOT older but luckily we all still love to watch Disney movies. I'll have to plan a movie night and plan a menu to match it.

Welcome and thanks for the well wishes for GenevaClaire! The movie night has been on hold since GC has been sick, but we've done our share of watching them, lol. She's still sick--not sure if the antibotic is working this time-her fever continued to spike to 102 and 103 this weekend--so I'm waiting on a call back from the pulmonologist to see what he wants to do next.....

MagicMomentsMom
01-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Well GenevaClaire is still sick :( her fever spiked all weekend and that was with strong antibiotics..so I'm waiting on her pulmonologist office to call back and let me know what's next...
trip updates

we're now staying 14 nights and flying out on the 15th day:banana:--it's not that much more and we will actually get to enjoy the water parks and Hoop De Doo and all the other activities that I was trying to cram in to 11 days, so we now have an extra 3 days to enjoy--so that's the first change:banana:secondly, we got a PIN for the dates that we will be there and I've been crunching numbers since we got it for the 35 and 40% off moderates/deluxe. GenevaClaire has two choices, Caribean Beach Resort or Wilderness lodge. I'd love to stay at Wilderness lodge, really I would. But I can't justify spending that much extra money--it would be awesome but I'd rather stay at Wilderness lodge on our next trip for Christmas for the decorations. CBR, well I'm just not sure about it, I read all the FAQ's about it and I'm still not sold on it--so I'm in a limbo about upgrading.

If we continue to stay at POP then we will have a tremendous savings and that just means more fun stuff and goodies that we can participate/purchase...

Plus I heard from the Pixies--when we originally planned our first trip it was for Jan 09 and I had contacted the Pixies to plan some special events for GenevaClaire--so I just got the events planning from them and they will hold the events on file till our trip next Fallprincess:--GenevaClaire is going to FLIP when she sees the two events that they have planned for her--It's going to be something that she talks about for the next century, lol.

We've had movie nights on hold since GenevaClaire got sick, but hoping that this weekend we can have one :)

MagicMomentsMom
02-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Prepare yourself Long post, lol. Everyone around here thinks I'm crazy for planning the trip this far in advance and in so much detail, but it paid off last year for us. We ( I mean Me) were prepared with all the info that we needed and didn't feel crazy or chaotic NOT ONE TIME. So it's worth it, even if we don't follow the plan completely, it will at least give us a guideline and that's what matters.

I really wish these germs would just go away:headache: It's a revolving door for them here with GenevaClaire and now me, ugh.:sick: nothing major, just an upper respiratory thing. But she's on the mend, still has a serious cough and sounds crackly, but they say she's getting better :)

I've been researching the hotel thing--almost had myself convinced to stay at CBR, and I completely ruled out WL. We've decided on a private school for GenevaClaire next fall (long story, UGH) and it seems foolish to spend that much extra on the lodging for the trip since we'll actually need it for uniforms, tuition, etc. So I've read all the FAQ threads for CBR here on the DIS board, I've read the POFQ and POR threads, and I'm just not sold on any of them. The only reason I'm even wavering on CBR is the Kiddie pirate pool, and I really don't think that's worth the extra 800 or so bucks that it would cost to upgrade??? I know the rooms are larger, so that would be a plus, but not so sure about the food court, with GenevaClaire's sensory problems, we might run into issues, and I'd rather not have to tube feed her....we're trying to keep her on oral feedings and only using the feeding tube if absolutely necessary. And we did do breakfast at POP on the mornings that we didn't have a character breakfast-- So That's my latest solution. To stay at POP, save the 800+ bucks(that is if they do free dining promo this year) and enjoy POP like we did last time :)

This time we'll do a preferred room location, the walk wasn't too crazy last time from the 80's building/computer pool area, we got used to it -- but it would have been much nicer to be closer to classic hall.--maybe the hippy dippy pool area this time.:yay: So that's the deal, I'll book later today with the 30% off Values PIN and then if free dining comes out then I'll just switch promos to the free dining and upgrade to deluxe dining like we did last year.

Renewing my TGM today and hopefully going to get a basic plan down for our park touring and adr's--I'll have to use last years hours as a guide since August is the only actual month that has hours posted yet--but Hopefully the hours for Travel agents will post before our ADR date of 3/29--I have the august TA hours now, so maybe next month we'll get sept's, I hope. If not then we'll just wing it and use UG's parks to avoid dates, but last year those didn't match up with TGM so who knows.......:confused:

I've found the patterns for GenevaClaire's clothes for the trip--some super cute patterns--my mom has already been warned, lol. She's such a good grandma, she's on board with sewing all of it :) GenevaClaire has told me that her "special dress" this year has to be Tiana, (last year was Winter Aurora) so I'll have to contact the seamstress and get that started--I'll have to wait to send her measurements in, because I know she'll grow some between now and the trip, so I'll just make the dress payments and she can create it this summer with accurate measurements.

Already started the Disney Box again with all the trip stuff--it makes so much more sense to buy everything a little each week/month than buying it all right before the trip--it works better, less stress and running around at the end to get everything together...

ok so that's an end to my disney planning rambling today! I feel like I'm talking to myself anyway:rotfl:

Veronica

MagicMomentsMom
02-08-2010, 06:35 AM
I've been working on the "plan"--

one of our new adventure days that I have planned will be over at Fort Wilderness

We'll have a leisurely morning hanging out at the pool, nap and then we'll head over to Circle D ranch for a pony ride and petting zoo area. Then we'll do Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop De Doo -- up next will be the campfire singalong with Chip n' dale with some smores over the campfire and then the water pageant from Fort Wilderness/WL area. I'd love to do the haunted wagon ride, but I'm not so sure that GenevaClaire could handle-- it might be too scary:scared1:

I'm pretty happy with this plan--it's going to be alot of fun

MagicMomentsMom
02-08-2010, 01:57 PM
ok here's the rough plan for our 2010 Trick or treat trip :)
this is just a rough outline because I'm using last year's park hours to guess closing times for this year and also the crowd predictions from UG's crowd calendar...

so here it is...
but before you start reading--you're going to think I'm nuts or that it's a typo with all the MNSSHP nights, but you're not seeing things...I'm just crazy, nutso or whatever you want to call it, but we're going to MNSSHP 3 nights--we decided last year at MVMCP that one night was not enough, lol. so we will have three chances to do everything this time around! I had even planned multiple mvmcps last year but DH said no, not necessary, this time he's agreeing with me.:rotfl:

2010 trip plan

Sept 25 Sat Arrival day--we should be at POP by 4pm--if the plane is on time and DME isn't crazy busy--if it is, well then we just might take a taxi from the airport to POP
magic kingdom/eat in the park/
2009 closing hours were: 11 pm--so we should be able to spend quite a bit of time there tonight
catch Spectro tonight if they have it….missed it last time
Food will be CS tonight--really don't want to stress about making an ADR if the plane is late or DME takes a long time...

Sept 26 Sunday
sleep in, Breakfast at POP, unpack, play in pool/playground, early lunch, then nap, then MNSSHP at 4 or 5 pm--eat dinner at Magic kingdom. ADR for ???

Sept 27 Monday
Late start day for us because of the party last night...
Hollywood studios day
ADR for?

Sept 28 Tuesday
Magic Kingdom--crystal palace breakfast
back to hotel/pool/nap/dinner?? Probably Chef Mickeys tonight

Sept 29 wed
Epcot day--asherkus Breakfast
Le Cellier late Lunch

Sept 30 Thursday--disneyquest/lunch/nap
MNSSHP tonight for us
be at party by 5 or 6 pm

Oct 1st--Friday
Hollywood studios--Hollywood and vine breakfast/late ADR--
not sure if this will be a fantasmic day or not.... I hope it is--we
will book the Fantasmic dinner pkg if possible....Brown derby or Mama Melrose ADR...
if not then DTD tonight

Oct 2nd Saturday--
AK Tusker House Breakfast--early ADR
Possible Epcot or MK tonight--the marathon might make epcot crazy?? Not to mention FW--so it will probably be MK...(although if Fantasmic is showing tonight we might do Fantasmic dining packages then....hmmm need to think about this one)

oct 3rd-Sunday
Breakfast at POP or possibly at the GF? prior to tea party event...maybe 1900 park faire supercalifragilistic breakfast??? That would be fun, she hasn't been to PF1900 for those characters--and we could go straight from PF1900 to the tea party--that would work out perfectly and Ben wouldn't be starving... Just need to try and figure out a time that would give us enough to eat/meet n' greet with the characters and get to the tea party 10 minutes prior...
My Disney Girl tea party for GC at Grand Floridian at 10:30 am-12
lunch for all of us (tea party food won't qualify as lunch for Ben, lol)--CS?
Fort Wilderness-- Circle D Ranch Pony Ride, Mickeys Backyard BBQ (had to change from HDDR because GC won't eat any of the food at HDDR:sad2:), campfire singalong, electrical water parade

Oct 4th Monday

Water Park morning( if weather is good//if not epcot day)
Mini golf (this is a maybe)
nap time
Downtown Disney that night

Oct 5th--Tuesday
Magic Kingdom--BBB, CRT and Pixies surprise event day for GC Not sure which will happen first... The Pixie event timing depends on what time we can get a BBB appt for and hopefully we can get a 10 am ADR for CRT. Then there will be a 2nd pixies surprise for GenevaClaire after CRT in Fantasy Land :cool1: I'm soooooo excited about her pixie events--I'm not even going to tell Ben, I'll let him be as surprised as she is :)

Oct 6th--Wed --Epcot day for us
Coral Reef lunch for us

Oct 7th--Thursday
my birthday :cool1: not sure where I want to spend the morning at... probably epcot-- I can hear the grand marnier and grey goose slushies calling my name,lol. Plus I think it would be an awesome way to spend my day, because I loooooove Epcot. My backup park will AK :
ressie for Park Faire--yep I chose PF1900, for a few reasons;)
MNSSHP after dinner

Oct 8th--friday
late start day because of the party last night
Geneva pick--- which park she wants to play at today since we have to fly out Saturday morning...

Arielssister
02-10-2010, 09:37 PM
I just want to say that we went Sept 25th-Oct 3rd, 2009 and I had a lot of trouble with booking ADR's because of the free DDP so it's good to plan so far ahead. Also the MNSSHP was amazing and SO worth the $!!

(This is my first post/reply or whatever so I hope it's ok. I'm still trying to figure out how to put photos up. )

-Hope-
02-10-2010, 10:56 PM
We'll be at DHS and MK on the same Monday and Tuesday! We'll miss each other by a day at the TH breakfast- we'll be there Friday, lol.

MagicMomentsMom
02-11-2010, 10:25 AM
I just want to say that we went Sept 25th-Oct 3rd, 2009 and I had a lot of trouble with booking ADR's because of the free DDP so it's good to plan so far ahead. Also the MNSSHP was amazing and SO worth the $!!

(This is my first post/reply or whatever so I hope it's ok. I'm still trying to figure out how to put photos up. )

Hi there! I love your username!!! Yep, that's what I'm afraid of...there was free dining when I booked our trip last year in December, but it wasn't too bad, i got everything I wanted so I'm hoping for pixie dust this year!

We're excited about the MNSSHP too--I've heard so many amazing reviews. How were the crowds for everything during that time period?

We'll be at DHS and MK on the same Monday and Tuesday! We'll miss each other by a day at the TH breakfast- we'll be there Friday, lol.
We went to this breakfast last year and it was fantastic! So we had to do it again, too bad we'll miss you by a day--you never know we might run into each other at MK or HS :)

MagicMomentsMom
02-13-2010, 07:46 PM
ok i'm crazy--well I guess you knew that already but I'm begining to think that the snow has destroyed my logical reasoning skills:rotfl:

here's my new dilemma--a little background first... I have a goal to run the WDW marathon in Jan 2011. It's the year I turn the big 40. I've ran off and on since high school--after high school it was college and trail running and since college it's been trail running only.
Fast forward to now...

we'll be at wdw during the food and wine 1/2 marathon...I could run the half, I could but would it be selfish? I'll have to take it slow the day before and do nothing with Ben and GenevaClaire the day of the race. I don't know if GenevaClaire can even stand staying up so late to watch any of the race..it's a night race...
am I selfish to even consider this? Should I just stay with the plan and run the 2011 WDW marathon and appease myself this upcoming trip and run the Halloween 5k?
what should I do??????? what would you do?????

pipersmom
02-13-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm back and all caught up! Veronica..with everything you do and deal with, I think you should run the half marathon..how often do you do something for yourself? I have the feeling it's probably not too often. The rest of your plans look good to me. I hope you and GenevaClaire are both feeling tons better than what you were! :hug:

MagicMomentsMom
02-14-2010, 06:15 AM
I'm back and all caught up! Veronica..with everything you do and deal with, I think you should run the half marathon..how often do you do something for yourself? I have the feeling it's probably not too often. The rest of your plans look good to me. I hope you and GenevaClaire are both feeling tons better than what you were! :hug:

I'm sooooo happy that you and Piper are out of Club Med! I've missed you're posts! You're right I don't do much for just me...but I'm still up in the air about it.

2_Eagle_Mom
02-14-2010, 02:49 PM
I've been working on the "plan"--

one of our new adventure days that I have planned will be over at Fort Wilderness

We'll have a leisurely morning hanging out at the pool, nap and then we'll head over to Circle D ranch for a pony ride and petting zoo area. Then we'll do Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop De Doo -- up next will be the campfire singalong with Chip n' dale with some smores over the campfire and then the water pageant from Fort Wilderness/WL area. I'd love to do the haunted wagon ride, but I'm not so sure that GenevaClaire could handle-- it might be too scary:scared1:

I'm pretty happy with this plan--it's going to be alot of fun

I don't think your crazy at all, I'm right there with you. I think you plans look fantastic. I did want to ask you about the HDD and then campfire singalong. I've always wanted to do the campfire thing, but haven't had much success convincing the group. Do you think it would appeal to an 18 & 20 year old couple (they've been in scouts forever so they have done a TON of campfire sing-a-longs) is it too childish?

Pixies surprise event day for GC Not sure which will happen first... The Pixie event timing depends on what time we can get a BBB appt for and hopefully we can get a 10 am ADR for CRT. Then there will be a 2nd pixies surprise for GenevaClaire after CRT in Fantasy Land :cool1: I'm soooooo excited about her pixie events--I'm not even going to tell Ben, I'll let him be as surprised as she is :) I've never heard of Pixie events, what are they?

In regards to the marathon question - I think that you should do it. Every Mom needs to take some time and do something that they want to do - just for their own fulfilment. If it has been a dream/goal then I think you should work it into your plans. I have always been in awe of anyone that is able to do any type of marathon. Someday I'd like to say that I've completed one as well, if only my knees would cooperate.

J

MagicMomentsMom
02-15-2010, 09:50 AM
I don't think your crazy at all, I'm right there with you. I think you plans look fantastic. I did want to ask you about the HDD and then campfire singalong. I've always wanted to do the campfire thing, but haven't had much success convincing the group. Do you think it would appeal to an 18 & 20 year old couple (they've been in scouts forever so they have done a TON of campfire sing-a-longs) is it too childish?

I've never heard of Pixie events, what are they?

In regards to the marathon question - I think that you should do it. Every Mom needs to take some time and do something that they want to do - just for their own fulfilment. If it has been a dream/goal then I think you should work it into your plans. I have always been in awe of anyone that is able to do any type of marathon. Someday I'd like to say that I've completed one as well, if only my knees would cooperate.

J

:cheer2::cheer2:Welcome! Welcome!! :cheer2::cheer2:

we've not been to the campfire before but I think if they are into the outdoors then they would have a great time--we had to switch from Hoop de doo to Mickeys Backyard BBQ, because DD won't eat anything on the menu from HDDR, so instead we'll do the pony rides, then Mickeys BBB and then the campfire and then watch the water parade and if wishes is going on that night then we might see those too, depends on how loud they are from the fort.

The pixies are an event planning group-somehow they have special permission to plan surprises all over WDW--even room decorating:) but we're doing two events with them. Both princess related and I won't give out details but they are going to be AMAZING for my princess loving 5 year old. Not sure if I can put up the actual website but here is the "name" of it, lol.
gifts of a lifetime....

Thank you so much for the encouragement to do the 1/2--it is my goal to run a marathon and I will accomplish it--I know that the 5k will be fun for me, and I am worried about being able to afford going back for marathon weekend... so I may just bite the bullet and do it :) My training plan has just enough time to get me ready for it if I start now....if only the snow would leave:laughing: so I'm leanding towards saying yes I'm doing it.... If running doesn't work for your knees what about walking a marathon? I know tons of people walk the WDW marathon and have a fantastic time without killing their joints.

MagicMomentsMom
02-15-2010, 10:26 AM
This post might be all over the place so bear with me today, lol. Forgive me but I'm hijacking my own PTR and putting other stuff besides the PTR--

1st--our flights have finally been put up for sale and we're going to have RT for all 3 of us for 394.00, that's all the taxes, fees, everything but checked luggage fees--non stop flights again. WOOOO HOOOOO I have an option to fly into Charlotte for a later return flight (also non stop) but I'm not sure about having someone drive 1 1/2 hrs to pick us up...so as of right now we'll just fly out of our hometown airport and back.

2nd--we're upgrading to annual passes--I'm planning on returning to Disney during 2011 for marathon weekend possibly(I'm really really hoping that I can swing this trip) then a girls only trip for the princess marathon with my BFF (she's not a runner, heck she's not even a walker but she's a great:cheer2: and she's never been to disney, so I promised we'd go on a bff trip. She won't fly.PERIOD.so we'll be driving from NC--not a bad trip, considering we drive to Chicago) and then another friend of mine goes to WDW a few times a year when she goes to her 2nd home in FLA and our girls are close in age so we want to plan a trip for the girls together :) So the passes will definitely be a cost savings. I just need to get a straight answer about upgrading the WPAM ticket to an annual pass--not sure if we need premium annual passes or not????? I need to price out the difference and see if it's a huge amount---
because I've been told that if we "use" a Water park ticket before we upgrade then we'll have to upgrade to a premium annual pass, but if we upgrade do we lose the water park tickets we've already bought???????....

3rd-I found out that we/I have a few more "trips" other than Disney coming up--
Early spring--we're considering a weekend retreat to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Blue Ridge Pkwy--it looks like an amazing weekend--so that's a probably definitely going.

In july I'll be headed back to Chicago for CHA with my bff--last year I skipped since we were going to Disney, but our other friend begged us to go and do her store ordering for her again this year, so we're going. :cool1: I love Chicago and I'm hoping that it's another fantastic trip this year ( I hate the drive, it takes fooooooooooorever)

August--we're pretty sure we'll be back for our week at Folly Beach/Charleston right before school starts for GenevaClaire, but we won't know until closer to the summer/school's out time for this one...

wow--that looks like alot--my budget is shaking in it's boots--but the weekend retreat is less than 500.00 for all three of us food included, so that's doable, the CHA trip--I'm paying for gas and food, everything else is taken care of, so low cost for me there. The Folly Beach/Charleston trip, we only have to pay for food/gas, the rest is taken care of, so again, not that much, because it's a beach house and we cook/eat there mostly, except one or two nights out to eat, so again a very cheap trip for us.

Plus my parents want to take GC to santa's land again (we missed this year)and GC wants to go camping/fishing--so our summer is going to be busy :) I just wish it were closer, I'm sick of this snow, seriously sick of it.

4th--1/2 marathon--still haven't decided, but I did decide to start my training plan today--it's a short run day, and since it's snowy and below freezing outside I'll be inside sweating away --It won't hurt to start training for it, there is a half marathon here in Asheville that I can run, so no big deal, I'm not training for naught if I decide against the FW 1/2.

MagicMomentsMom
02-22-2010, 07:18 PM
well it's been decided no F&W 1/2 for me--too much stress worrying about if I'm ruining the family vacation and it's not working for the overall plan. At this point it's not even certain that I'll do the Halloween 5k, but I've registered and paid, so If I don't run I'll have an expensive MNSSHP ticket:scared1: I'm running a 1/2 marathon here in the Fall before the trip, it's the only real running event our town has, so I'll run it here and then I'll be happy because DH and DD will see me cross the finish line here in our hometown:goodvibes

Our ADR date seems to be getting closer and closer :cool1: We can officially make our adr's on March 29 for the first 10 days and then I'm not sure how/when you make your adr's for the next 5 days--need to find that one out..anyone know?

Did a little Pixie dust shopping for GC, spur of the moment type stuff from michael's. A cute princess lanyard, some disney art kits and a few other goodies. I forgot to take a pic before I "hid" it, so I'll wait till she's at school and get a pic posted of it :)

plus movie night finally is getting started back in full force--we've just been "watching" the movies since it's been a pain to try and get out with all the snow--but this weekend we're back up and going!!

pipersmom
02-28-2010, 10:07 PM
I don't know how I missed so many updates hon, so I apologize for that! :hug: I get you on not doing the halfs, sometimes things just don't work out, that being said..woohoo! for cheap flights, pixies, and annual passes! Piper and I have been to Santa's Land as well, she loved it!

Charlefours
03-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Hello! It has been awhile--I somehow missed all these great updates.I am happy to say I am all caught up!! :goodvibes So sorry about the cards--I would have been upset too. They look fine though IMHO. I know you know they are not what they were suppose to but I don't others will notice.

Looks like you had a lot of fun with your Dalmation Party--I love Genevaclair wanted to dress up to match. :cutie:

Yay for Disney vault movies. I want to get my hands on some too for Disney nights for us. It is crazy on how expensive ink is for printers!! I need to buy more too when it goes on sale or get one of the coupons--my printer is an Epson.

TFS your cards from your last trip, they are great!

We have a few similiarites on our ADR list. We are shooting for 1900 PF, TH breakfast, LTT, Akershus and Coral Reef. We have eaten at Le Cellier in the past. I have read great reviews on the HDDR, WC and Tony's so I will be looking forward to hearing what you think about those places if you do end up choosing them. :goodvibes We are also going to schedule the My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party--I think that is going to be so much fun! My DD heard me say something about a tea party to DH and she was like what tea party? :upsidedown

I hope GenevaClair is feeling better!! It is definitely not fun having a sick :sick: child. :( Sick on her birthday--poor girl! Happy birthday to GenevaClair!!

yay for a pin code--I wish I would get one!! :( :woohoo: for a longer trip!! You are going to have such a grand time!!

I know there are people who think I am crazy too for planning this far out in advance, but I want to have a the largest chance for it to run smooth! I think the details are what makes it special :goodvibes

Yay for sewing clothes!! I want to do that for my DD too. I am hoping to start when I get back this weekend from school. We had one custom dress made for her already for her BBB appointment. I am eyeing some more but I want to try my hand at a couple first.

Whew you look like you are going to be busy but have balanced it with great rest periods too! MNSSHP three times!! :) How spectacular. Looking forward to reading about the surprises you have cooking up.

I think you should do the race if it is a goal you have for yourself. I think it would be a great role model to show GenevaClair how it is such a positive and rewarding experience to do something after you work so hard for it. :thumbsup2

Sounds like lots of exciting and fun things heading your way!!

I will have to check out Michael's for a laynard--had not even thought of there. Where in the store (what type of aisle) did you find it in? Thanks for the tip!!

MagicMomentsMom
03-11-2010, 06:41 AM
Hello! It has been awhile--I somehow missed all these great updates.I am happy to say I am all caught up!! :goodvibes So sorry about the cards--I would have been upset too. They look fine though IMHO. I know you know they are not what they were suppose to but I don't others will notice.

Looks like you had a lot of fun with your Dalmation Party--I love Genevaclair wanted to dress up to match. :cutie:

Yay for Disney vault movies. I want to get my hands on some too for Disney nights for us. It is crazy on how expensive ink is for printers!! I need to buy more too when it goes on sale or get one of the coupons--my printer is an Epson.

TFS your cards from your last trip, they are great!

We have a few similiarites on our ADR list. We are shooting for 1900 PF, TH breakfast, LTT, Akershus and Coral Reef. We have eaten at Le Cellier in the past. I have read great reviews on the HDDR, WC and Tony's so I will be looking forward to hearing what you think about those places if you do end up choosing them. :goodvibes We are also going to schedule the My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party--I think that is going to be so much fun! My DD heard me say something about a tea party to DH and she was like what tea party? :upsidedown

I hope GenevaClair is feeling better!! It is definitely not fun having a sick :sick: child. :( Sick on her birthday--poor girl! Happy birthday to GenevaClair!!

yay for a pin code--I wish I would get one!! :( :woohoo: for a longer trip!! You are going to have such a grand time!!

I know there are people who think I am crazy too for planning this far out in advance, but I want to have a the largest chance for it to run smooth! I think the details are what makes it special :goodvibes

Yay for sewing clothes!! I want to do that for my DD too. I am hoping to start when I get back this weekend from school. We had one custom dress made for her already for her BBB appointment. I am eyeing some more but I want to try my hand at a couple first.

Whew you look like you are going to be busy but have balanced it with great rest periods too! MNSSHP three times!! :) How spectacular. Looking forward to reading about the surprises you have cooking up.

I think you should do the race if it is a goal you have for yourself. I think it would be a great role model to show GenevaClair how it is such a positive and rewarding experience to do something after you work so hard for it. :thumbsup2

Sounds like lots of exciting and fun things heading your way!!

I will have to check out Michael's for a laynard--had not even thought of there. Where in the store (what type of aisle) did you find it in? Thanks for the tip!!

sorry it took me so long to reply back--sicko little one--ugh. It's been a rollercoaster around here this winter with pneumonia, and it just keeps getting worse.
I got the lanyards in the dollar bin section at Michaels--they had toystory, tink and the princess one.

Charlefours
03-19-2010, 06:17 PM
I posted on my PTR but I sure hope GC is feeling better!! :hug:

MagicMomentsMom
03-20-2010, 08:41 PM
I posted on my PTR but I sure hope GC is feeling better!! :hug:

thank you! She's still seriously deaf from it--the tv has to be turned up loud enough for the goats down the road to hear it:rotfl: (yes we live that far out in the country, lol) she's feeling yucky, but not as yucky as before (or at least that's what she told me and her daddy earlier tonight)

MagicMomentsMom
03-20-2010, 08:45 PM
ok so this trip is for my birthday too, right???? So I should be thinking of some seriously cool disney gifts (or at least dreaming......)

well I ran across this--wowsa this is mine come september--it's outrageous, yes I know. The dooney and burke disney collection that came out this year... I really don't need a purse that costs this much............

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/veronicamelton/disneypurse.jpg

DisneyTravelers2008
03-20-2010, 10:00 PM
We are planning a halloween trip as well for MNSSHP. It wil be me and my sister in law and our kids. We are all big TOY STORY fans and the 4 kids are going to dress up for Halloween like Buzz, Woody, Jessie and Bo Peep.Cant wait!!!!!:cool1:

MagicMomentsMom
03-21-2010, 07:30 AM
We are planning a halloween trip as well for MNSSHP. It wil be me and my sister in law and our kids. We are all big TOY STORY fans and the 4 kids are going to dress up for Halloween like Buzz, Woody, Jessie and Bo Peep.Cant wait!!!!!:cool1:

That will be awesome! It's nice to see another Carolina girl on my PTR!! I'm just getting ready to post about our halloween costumes :)

MagicMomentsMom
03-21-2010, 07:50 AM
I've been thinking about halloween costumes and have a few ideas--since we're going to mnsshp 3 nights I'm wondering if Ben and I will dress up all 3 times or if we'll just dress up once and do halloween tshirts the other times...I was looking online at costumes and good grief some of the adult costumes are a bit **ahem** suggestive and definitely not disney material...

I know the park will be overrun with alice and wonderland costumes but I really wanted us to do it--
DD--will be Alice, DH will be the mad hatter or the king of hearts, I can't decide if I'll be the white rabbit or the cheshire cat...

next idea--tink for DD, Peter pan for DH, wendy for me....

GenevaClaire has told me that she definitely wants to be Tiana, so the night that she's dressed up as Tiana, then DH and I will just wear Princess and the frog shirts to match her...

so really I guess I'm undecided...:rotfl: what else is new?

on another note ADR date is 8 days away:upsidedow:woohoo::upsidedow

Charlefours
03-22-2010, 12:42 PM
ok so this trip is for my birthday too, right???? So I should be thinking of some seriously cool disney gifts (or at least dreaming......)

well I ran across this--wowsa this is mine come september--it's outrageous, yes I know. The dooney and burke disney collection that came out this year... I really don't need a purse that costs this much............

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu203/veronicamelton/disneypurse.jpg

I know they are expensive but I want one too!! :rotfl: We shall see if I end up getting one or not...I will be looking forward to hearing if you do as well. :goodvibes

I've been thinking about halloween costumes and have a few ideas--since we're going to mnsshp 3 nights I'm wondering if Ben and I will dress up all 3 times or if we'll just dress up once and do halloween tshirts the other times...I was looking online at costumes and good grief some of the adult costumes are a bit **ahem** suggestive and definitely not disney material...

I know the park will be overrun with alice and wonderland costumes but I really wanted us to do it--
DD--will be Alice, DH will be the mad hatter or the king of hearts, I can't decide if I'll be the white rabbit or the cheshire cat...

next idea--tink for DD, Peter pan for DH, wendy for me....

GenevaClaire has told me that she definitely wants to be Tiana, so the night that she's dressed up as Tiana, then DH and I will just wear Princess and the frog shirts to match her...

so really I guess I'm undecided...:rotfl: what else is new?

on another note ADR date is 8 days away:upsidedow:woohoo::upsidedow

One thing I would comment on, is remember it will be warm and humid so you might want to take that into account when deciding on your and DH's costumes. For our night, DD will be dressed up and I think I will make a shirt for DD and I to wear. :thumbsup2 We talked about dressing up and it has not been ruled out but I am not sure if we will yet.

mjaure
03-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi!:wave2: Looks like we will be at WDW at the same time too! My dates are from 9/25-10/03. It doesn't look like we have the same park days planned but maybe we'll run into you somewhere anyway! I'm gonna keep my eyes open for fellow disers, there seem to be a few of us going at the same time. We've stayed at Pop 3 times and loved it but this time we are staying at CSR for the first time.

--Mary

MagicMomentsMom
03-28-2010, 10:34 AM
well some huge changes have happened--actually the whole plan has gone out the window and a new one is being created.... the weather/heat has been a big concern for me and the more I read/talked/etc the more worried I became. Extreme Heat is a big issue for GenevaClaire's breathing--doesn't work well, and spending all day in florida heat/humidity was really worrying me...I've read so many reports about last year and feeling like you were vacationing on the surface of the sun--

SOOOOOOOOOOOO... we've heard better things about the last of October for heat--so we moved the dates to Oct 19 to Oct 30th--I have a meeting for kindergarten for GC in May--- so I'll check on her missing the days of school--if it's an issue then the dates will have to be Oct 21-30--IF they DON'T have an issue with her missing 2 weeks of school then it will be Oct 16 to Oct 30. But as of right now they are Oct 19th to Oct 30th....Confused Yet??? I know it's still going to be hot at the end of Oct but hopefully it will be much better than the last of Sept/early Oct.....I'm begining to think that we need to just stay with the visits in December, but we promised her the halloween party

Now I'm worried about how crowded the MNSSHP parties are going to be since we're getting into the end of October?? But we'll just take it as it comes...

Charlefours
04-29-2010, 11:10 PM
I don't blame you for changing your dates with the heat in September being so hot with GenevaClair's breathing difficulties. I know my TA said the 30th sells out for MNSSHP along with Halloween. If you could swing a date at the beginning, I think you would be good. :goodvibes