PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Palace DTD?

BLTtinkerbell
12-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Buena Vista Palace at DTD? If so, what did you think?

MickeyNicki
12-17-2009, 12:29 PM
We stayed there for a short weekend trip Nov 2000 and it was very nice, the room was great and the location to DTD was perfect but I didnt like the bus service, after day 1 we decided to just drive ourselves to the parks

csarenz
12-17-2009, 02:23 PM
I stayed there on business 2 years ago, so I can't speak to going to the parks. But it is a very nice hotel, doesn't have the feel of the Disney resorts obviously, but it is clean and very friendly employees. But the best part is that you can walk across the street to DTD.

DisneyMomx7
12-17-2009, 02:27 PM
We stayed for one night before we checked into Beach Club. It was a very nice hotel -very much a resort feel.

Uno Mas
12-17-2009, 02:29 PM
The hotel was nice, rooms were clean and well appointed. Stayed there for an impromptu night before checking into Beach Club too. Perfect location for DTD - right across the street. Wouldn't likely stay there for more than one night but it was great if you want to visit DTD before moving to an onsite resort.

LUVDZNY2008
12-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I stayed there for one night a few years ago..it's very nice & clean. They do charge a daily resort fee though.

Sue M
12-17-2009, 06:48 PM
I haven't stayed there, but it is right across the street from DTD. We returned a car rental there, then walked across to DTD to get bus back to our resort.
The DTD hotels share bus service to the parks which runs every 30 min. They drop you off and pick up at the off site bus area, which is in the middle of a lot with stall #s.

sotoalf
12-17-2009, 09:09 PM
It used to be the flagship resort of the DTD resort properties, or what used to be called the Disney Village Hotel Plaza. We stayed there in 1990, and its amenities ranked with anything I've gotten at Disney...without the Disney magic.

BLTtinkerbell
12-18-2009, 08:02 AM
We are thinking of staying there for one night before our vacation at BLT.

BLTtinkerbell
12-29-2009, 06:02 PM
If you have pictures from Buena Vista Palace, please post. Thanks.

CanadianGuy
12-29-2009, 06:05 PM
This is not a Disney Resort and as such, information is best requested on the Orlando Area Resorts & Attractions board, where info on all the DTD resorts not owned by Disney is located.

I'll be moving this one there.

Thanks,

Knox

BLTtinkerbell
12-29-2009, 06:24 PM
This is not a Disney Resort and as such, information is best requested on the Orlando Area Resorts & Attractions board, where info on all the DTD resorts not owned by Disney is located.

I'll be moving this one there.

Thanks,

Knox

Sorry for posting in the wrong place, I got confused because I call it the DTD area. Thanks for moving it for me.

limocharlotte
12-30-2009, 02:48 AM
Yes we stayed there for couple of nights a few years ago..it's really nice and tidy. But i miss one thing i.e. Bus service, i realize Charlotte Bus Service is much better then rest of services.