PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Creek booked all Setp 2010?

linnell
12-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Hello! This is my first post here, but I've been lurking for months. I'm looking into booking a trip for next fall, depending on tax refund/hubby's bonus and/or pay raise (here's hoping) and saw a few of you rave about Bonnet Creek. I just looked online and all but one day in September has a big ole X in it. Any idea why?

I am also looking into Windsor Hills. Basically, we are a family of four. My oldest will be 4 and my youngest turns 2 on October 14th, so I want to travel down before we have to pay for a plane ticket for him. I'm looking at the last week of Sept into October so we can go to MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival (I already have a babysitter lined up!) so I that is why I thought BC would be ideal, since it seems to be very close to EPCOT.

Thanks!

Brian Noble
12-16-2009, 12:13 PM
No, there is a ton of availability. But, the Wyndham property is almost entirely timeshare---it's not always available via Expedia or even Wyndham's own hotel site, even if it's not fully booked by owners.

linnell
12-16-2009, 12:29 PM
OK, that makes sense. Thanks.

garmich
12-16-2009, 12:52 PM
There is plenty of availibility at BC in Sept...........for Wyndham timeshare owners. The best way to make a Sept reservervation now, would be to rent from a timeshare owner. They would make the reservation for you, using their surplus points and issue a guest certificate in your name.
There is a forum called "Wyndham Resorts Forum", which has a subforum that is used by Wyndham TS owners to advertise that they have points available for rent. If you become a member of the forum (free), you can also submit a request for points to rent.

DonnaL
12-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Try checking the Wyndham hotel website www.wyndham.com Don't key in Bonnet Creek at all because you'll get the timeshare site, which won't show you availability. On the home page of the wyndham hotel site, simply complete what city you're looking for and your dates. This should bring up all available wyndham accomodations in the Orlando area. I just checked for mid Sept. (12th thru 19th) and you can get a 1 bdrm for $179 or a 2 bdrm for $209 per night. Now, keep in mind both of these will have washer/dryer and full kitchens, which is great with little ones..............can save a ton of money eating most meals in. However, also keep in mind, since you will be offsite you will not be able to take advantage of Disney's transportation to your resort. Bonnet Creek does have it's own transportation, but, I don't know how frequently they run or if it's just a few times daily.

AutumnKlassic
12-17-2009, 09:20 PM
kayak.com had lots of dates available for September with the third week being the cheapest. Just stayed there last week and it was the absolute best resort we stayed at (and we have stayed at over 10 the last two years alone). It is just off I-4 so you can get on the expressway very easily (just dont take this exit when you are returning<have to cross 4 lanes of traffic to turn onto the property> pass the exit up get off at the next exit and take Victory Way <Pop Century's street> and take it to Bonnet Creek). Plan on having a car, the buses looked like clown cars when returning at night and the little grocery they have has next to nothing in it, not like Sheraton Vistana does. They also where the least pressuring of all places about the time share presentation. Have any questions just ask.