PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Suites ??? AND HELP

mommy4
12-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Ok, so I'm trying to weigh our options for a trip in 2010.
I like Buena Vista Suites and we could get a room for $88 a night, which is huge since we now are a family of 6 and cannot stay on site cheaply anymore. I also like that they have a free breakfast.

However, I'm leary of staying offsite. We loved staying onsite, loved the dining plan and ease of transportation.

If you have been to Buena Vista Suites, please let me know what you think! How was the shuttle to the parks?? This is huge for us!!

Khill
12-15-2009, 11:39 AM
We were booked to stay there during Spring Break 2010, but when they came up with the buy 4-3 offer we had to change.

We had some friends sty there and they loved it. Said easy enough to drive to the parks, and you have Walmart right down the street.

crazelion
12-15-2009, 09:57 PM
With any offsite stay I would recommend a car. Shuttles is unreliable.

ntz4disney
12-16-2009, 06:28 PM
We have stayed here a few times now, and its great. Rooms are nice and spacious and its nice to have a seperate living space from the bedroom area. We did not use their transportation to the Disney parks, we had our own vehicle. Any time we are outside the park we always have our own transportation, we like having the freedom to go where ever whenever without the hassle of being on time for buses. Breakfast was awesome, not just your cold continential breakfast, made to order eggs available and plenty of options to fill your belly before heading off to a park!

We would definately stay here again on future trips ...hope it helps!

pixiedancr
12-17-2009, 12:51 PM
We stayed there this last spring and we thought it was great. I can not comment on the shuttle as like the OP we had a car and the drive was really easy and it was very close by. We thought the breakfast was great and the room was nice and spacious. Only complaint I had...the laundry. The big room was filled with this huge family doing all of their clothes(which I think they were in there at least 24 hours) so I couldn't use that one so I used the small one. Well it took forever to do my laundry because there were just two washers and two dryers plus the dryer took forever(muliple drying cycles) to get the clothes dry. As long as you are not planning to do a lot of laundry or you can get into the big laundry room you should be fine. Again we loved our stay!!!

ADisneyQueen
12-17-2009, 01:57 PM
We had reservations there twice, but ended up cancelling them to stay somewhere else. One of the reasons was that their pool looks so small. I guess that wouldn't matter if you go in the cooler months or you don't plan to swim.

disneymom06
12-20-2009, 12:09 PM
We have stayed at Buena Vista Suites a few times. Honestly, it was the cost that made our decision. Same situation, family of 6.

The pool is small, not like Disney, but the kids only used it a few nights. It wasn't a big seller to them.

The breakfast was decent, there was no bacon (as I had been told there would be when I booked the first time, but it didn't stop us from booking again), but for the cost, WELL WORTH IT!

The room was nice, seperate bedroom and two TV's. We took the pull out couch, put the kids in the bedroom, away from the door. The microwave is very small, but it was nice to have. Great having a frig and little sick in that area.

We did not take the shuttle as we drive so we have our car. I did see a few people waiting for the shuttle, but never a large group, so I can't really give an honest answer. The hotel is VERY close to Disney. CLoser to the parks than some of the DIsney hotels that we have stayed in.

During High priced seasons, I will always stay here. I just can't justify the price that Disney charges, especially when I need to get 2 rooms.

kristenrice
12-26-2009, 11:00 AM
I just booked a night at Buena Vista Suites for our family in April. I am glad to read the great reviews! We are a family of four, plus grandma and grandpa, so we either needed two rooms or a suite. We are arriving in Orlando (by car, from Michigan) on the day before Easter. Our DVC reservation doesn't start until Sunday so we needed a place to stay for one night. We don't need anything fancy since we will barely be in the room anyways. This looks like it will be a great place to start our trip.

chrisn
12-28-2009, 04:26 PM
We were actually "bumped" to Buena Vista Suites one year when our hotel of choice overbooked and we got there too late. I was so mad even with our hotel comping us and paying for the new room.

I ended up being VERY pleased and satisfied with it and that was before the rennovation. So much so that now, when I need to add a few extra days, we stay there. We will be staying there again in Februrary prior to checking into the condo.

We don't go to Florida to swim so that is not an issue for us, but for the room, ammenities and price, it's a great deal! Highly recommend!!!