PDA

View Full Version : Flight back time?

Tromba
12-14-2009, 04:36 PM
What is a good time for a departing flight from MCO after disembarking from a cruise? We will take the DCL bus from Port Canaveral to MCO, and don't want to risk missing the flight home.

Thanks, Tromba

PrincessMonkey
12-14-2009, 05:21 PM
All of the Disney cruises I've read seem to serve an early breakfast (~7:30AM), and then the passengers leave the boat soon after. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if your flight home was in the afternoon or early evening hours after 2pm, you should be able to reach MCO with plenty of time.

Tromba
12-14-2009, 05:26 PM
It looks like I'll have a choice between an 11:40 or a 2:00 departure from MCO. If I can make the 11:40 with no problem, that would be preferable to waiting around in the Orlando airport all day. But I don't want to be cutting it close.

Tromba

pilk
12-14-2009, 05:58 PM
When we cruised in 2008 we talked to DCL to get an idea of timing. We had the choice of two flights, as I recall on was around 1200 and the second was at 240. Based on what DCL said we booked the 240pm. They said the 1200 would be to close. On disembarkation day we could to MCO around 930. Lots of time for the 1200 flight. But it was full and couldn't switch. Because we got there more than 4hours before our scheduled flight we had to sit with our suitcases and wait until we could actually proceed to the counter. If it was up to me I would do the 1140.

Jon

Pluto,
12-14-2009, 06:46 PM
well i was at my gate one year at 9:55 thats after the wife went shopping at both disney stores in the airport. dont ask me why we had to go shopping at both disney stores. mco has some great security never a wait the times i been.

DLW8
12-14-2009, 08:12 PM
We had an 11:41 flight on Sunday (wish I was still on the ship!) and we were picked up at port at 8:30. I thought it was an hour to the airport, but it's more like 40 minutes. We were there in plenty of time, and even with waiting 45 minutes to get through security, we had time to spare.

I would go for the 11:40 flight instead of waiting around. You have to be off the ship by 9 anyway, so it's not like you can hang out onboard (although I really wanted to!)

If you do happen to only get a later flight (early evening perhaps) you can get a day room at the Hyatt that is IN MCO and use their pool or just relaz. I've heard it's about $90 for the day rate....