PDA

View Full Version : Disney Maingate

SweetPeasMom2
12-12-2009, 09:44 PM
What hotels are in this area?

spiceycat
12-12-2009, 10:44 PM
which maingate are you talking about - west or east?

that area for both is Kissimmee not Orlando

mullii5
12-13-2009, 04:13 PM
What hotels are in this area?

Last December, our family stayed at the Comfort Inn Maingate East. Good, clean rooms, free breakfast (!!) and is very close to a lot of restaurants/fast food. The biggest complaint is the slow elevators. This was our first time to stay off-site and, yeah, you do lose a little of the "magic" because you are off-site but for the cost of the hotel and savings being able to eat at other restaurants, we would definitely consider it again.

Hope this helps!!!

SweetPeasMom2
12-13-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm just confused about where this area is in relation to the parks or DTD. We will stay off property for a few nights trip in Jan but not sure where.

DOOM1001
12-13-2009, 10:40 PM
The Disney maingate area is basically the area east and west of World drive on 192.This was the area where most people stayed back in the 70's and 80's when Disney didn't have 20 hotels and the Lake Buena Vista and International Drive area closer to Universal and Sea World were less developed and not full of hotels,restaurants and attractions.Knowing that, many of the hotels in the maingate area are not that new and is not my favorite area to stay.There are some nice places though,as someone mentioned the Comfort Suites Maingate east is a place I have no problem staying at,pretty new hotel with a great breakfast and clean rooms and it's tucked back a few hundred yards from 192.With that said there are some areas that can be considered sketchy and I wouldn't stay at,for example do not book any hotel east of 535 on 192,the whole area goes downhill fast and the few hotels left there are not going to be nice places.I usually book my rooms mostly around International Drive even if it's an extra 15 minutes of driving time.