PDA

View Full Version : Cat 4 Family stateroom question

4Goofys4Dis
12-10-2009, 11:52 AM
For ayone that has stayed in a cat 4 and used the pull down "murphy bed" I was wondering if while it was down there is still room to get around it to use the balcony?

We were offered an upgrade from a 6 to a 4 and took it as it was a great deal! :cool1: I am also excited because BOTH my kids (7 & 8) hate sleeping on the top bunk - and yes, I know that it is strange! :confused3 So I was thrilled that they could both sleep on the lower berths staying in the cat 4 but want to be able to go out on the balcony while they are sleeping as we spent a LOT of time out there on our last cruise (in a cat 6).

THANKS ALL!

crafty91
12-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Not really when the bed is down it completely covers the door to the balcony and its pretty much right beside it so stepping over isn't an option. That said you WILL like the extra space and even having the option of having two "lower" bunks!

DisneyCrunch
12-10-2009, 12:10 PM
It does pretty much completely block the door but we still were able to go in and out with it down. If your kid is a light sleeper you may not be able to do it while they sleep cause you will need to kind of kneel on the bed a little to do it...It worked out just fine for us though.

4Goofys4Dis
12-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks to you both! That is too bad that it is right up against the door. I do have light sleepers but they also just fall right back to sleep without any problem so hopefully it will work out.

I may just decide to not tell them about the other bed and have them take turns on the top bunk. They wouldn't have had the option in a cat 6 so maybe they won't notice! :rolleyes1

Olga
12-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks to you both! That is too bad that it is right up against the door. I do have light sleepers but they also just fall right back to sleep without any problem so hopefully it will work out.

I may just decide to not tell them about the other bed and have them take turns on the top bunk. They wouldn't have had the option in a cat 6 so maybe they won't notice! :rolleyes1

;) Good idea, sometimes the less they know the better.
Enjoy your vacation!

Andrew DEREK UK
12-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Could get in and out, but as others say does block to an extent.

crafty91
12-10-2009, 01:05 PM
There is always the "shuffle"! Just put one to sleep in your bed and then go on the balcony, when you're done just pick one up and move them to the murphy bed! Viola! ;)

Andrew DEREK UK
12-10-2009, 01:06 PM
There is always the "shuffle"! Just put one to sleep in your bed and then go on the balcony, when you're done just pick one up and move them to the murphy bed! Viola! ;)

:thumbsup2

4Goofys4Dis
12-10-2009, 01:11 PM

:worship: THIS is exactly why I LOVE the Dis!!! :cool1: You all always have a solution that works for everyone! I think this would work and then my "top bunk fearin" kids will not have to sleep on the top bunk!! :thumbsup2 and mommy and daddy get to sit out on the balcony with our pina coladas :drinking1

THANKS A TON!