PDA

View Full Version : DIS Dads in December - Let the Party Bus Roll!

Pages : [1] 2 3

FreezinRafiki
12-10-2009, 07:04 AM
If you've come across this Pre Trip Report, you're either a member of the DIS Dads Club or you want to be. :rotfl2: The basic qualifications are
1) You love Disney
and
2) You have some sort of offspring (biological, adopted, step, grandkids, etc)

To read the full list of qualifications or to join, check out the thread here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439511

We're just a bunch of guys that happen to enjoy getting together to talk about Disney and other manly things (mostly fart jokes and beer). During our discussions, we have come to discover that several of us are planning trips to Walt Disney World in early December 2010. This Pre Trip Report will be a place for us to post updates and coordinate some type of gathering.

If you want, check out our little club. If you're interested, joining is easy - just post to that forum and join in on the conversation. And if you're going anytime between Dec 3 and Dec 11, 2010 post your details here.

I'll keep an updated list of potential or confirmed attendees here. I'll see you in December!

Confirmed

Username: FreezinRafiki
Famiy: DW, DD6, DS4 (ages as of time of trip)
Dates: Dec 5 - 10, 2010
Resort: Tree House Villas

Username: Disney Commando
Family: DW, DS5
Dates: Dec 5 - 11, 2010
Resort: All Star Music

Username: dvczerfs
Dates: Nov 30 - Dec 11, 2010
Resort: Old Key West

Username: GorshGoofy
Family: DD17, D'Niece16
Dates: Dec 5 - 11, 2010
Resort: Pop Century

Username: Goofy + 3
Family: DW, DD5, DS3, DD.5 (will not be on the trip)
Dates: Dec 3-10, 2010

Username: DisneyDadC
Family: DW, DS17, DD13, DD11, DS7, DS5 - plus a whole mess of extended family
Dates: Dec 4 - 11, 2010
Resort: Saratoga Springs (hoping to change to BWV or BCV)

Username: DisneyFed

Username:Stopher1
Family: traveling solo
Dates: Dec 5 - 8
Resort: AKV

Username: KYCruiseCrazy
Dates: Dec 10 - 18
Resort: AKV & BLT

Username: that's nice
Family: DW, DD4
Dates: Dec 1 - 7
Resort: Give Kids the World Village

Username: Sonnyeclipse
Family: DD 12
Dates: Dec 8 - 13
Resort: split stay at AKV and BWV

Username:Pjimmeyer
Dates: Dec 7 - 17

Username: chillcoupons
Dates: Dec 3 -7
Resort: Trying to get on site...

Username: jason4024
Family: DW, DD7, DS4
Dates: Dec 9-16, 2010

A Week Earlier
Username: Cinderrella's Fella
Dates: Nov 28 - Dec 4, 2010

Username: GoHerd1028
Dates Nov 26? - Dec 5, 2010

Username: oregondaddyof2
Family: DW
Dates:Nov 28 - Dec 7

Event Suggestions
This area will be used to keep a running list of ideas/suggestions for events to use as a get together during the trip. Feel free to post new ideas in the thread and I'll update this list.

Drinking around the world
Take over Barnstormer if still there(or just any ride)
All try to do MVMCP on same night
Golf outing
Meet and greet at ESPN Zone
Breakfast gathering
Dis Dad group photo with the Mayor of Disney (our future boss)
Dis Dad group photo with Santa Goofy
Dis Dad horse drawn trolly ride down Main Street with Dapper Dan's on the back
Try to get into a parade with The Dis Dads as the Grand Marrshell's
Dis Dads open a park
We could all ride a bus to make sure MAN LAW is being upheld
Passing of the torch. Incoming dads try to meet up with outgoing dads for a hello and a handshake.

FreezinRafiki
12-10-2009, 07:15 AM
And now for my details.
My name is Barry, and I have been married for 9 wonderful years to Bambi. Two kids: DD5 (Madison) and DS3 (Evan). I guess you could call us Disney Veterans. We've been to Disney World just about every year for the 6 or so.

Edited:
Plans have changed. We've secured cheap airfare from Milwaukee to Orlando, we'll be flying down Dec 4, back on Dec 12. We have a Tree House Villa booked for us and a mother/son that we will be traveling with. .

DisneyDaddy-O
12-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Im here, I don't know if I will make it, but I'm here. popcorn::

that's nice
12-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Hopping on board!!!!!

Now i can really stalk you! :lmao:

EDIT::: I just realized this is for the December Trip... what's up with the March trip?

FreezinRafiki
12-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Hopping on board!!!!!

Now i can really stalk you! :lmao:

EDIT::: I just realized this is for the December Trip... what's up with the March trip?

I put this up due to the number of guys that were thinking about going in December. It's not really my PTR. It's for everybody. I'm just the caretaker.

I'm still on the fence about doing a March PTR. I mean, who's crazy enough to have 2 Trip Reports at once? :lmao::rotfl2:

tutter99
12-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm in as well:woohoo:
We'll be at AKV as well. At the very least I think we should have some type of group photo in the lobby one of the nights for the entire DisDad clan. We always prebuy the Photopass CD every time we go so it won't be hard to get copies to whoever wants them.

I'm not sure of any of the logistics of the trip yet but will definitely be there.

FreezinRafiki
12-10-2009, 10:01 AM
We'll be at AKV as well. At the very least I think we should have some type of group photo in the lobby one of the nights for the entire DisDad clan. We always prebuy the Photopass CD every time we go so it won't be hard to get copies to whoever wants them.

I'm not sure of any of the logistics of the trip yet but will definitely be there.

You've been added. The group shot is a great idea. :thumbsup2

Emma's Dad
12-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Sub'd. Not sure I'd be down to WDW then, but it'll be interesting to see what you guys come up with :thumbsup2

Disney Commando
12-10-2009, 09:10 PM
User Name - Disney Commando
Real Name - Ron
Dis Trip - Dec 5 - 11
Resort - ASM

Kudos! To Barry for starting this page, and working on logo!!

To make this work will be a TEAM effort, even is you can not make this date, all Dad's will have a important role.

First thing we have to come up with is a offical shirt, color, logo etc. Got to get it out there that we are here! Maybe even a window decal for your car, ex. Member of the Dis Dads Club@ Dis Boards. com , This will most likely add members and ideas, and would be a positive thing (will get into that at later time)

2nd - What are our objectives, do we want to do, open a park, be in a parade, do we want to fill a whole ride like Space Mountain, Rock & Roll Rollercoaster etc. A group photo as mentioned is a must. We have to figure out at least 5 things that are not out of reason.

These are the things we should focus on now, and go from here.

FreezinRafiki
12-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Real Name - Ron
Dis Trip - Dec 5 - 11
Resort - ASM

To make this work will be a TEAM effort, even is you can not make this date, all Dad's will have a important role.

First thing we have to come up with is a offical shirt, color, logo etc. Got to get it out there that we are here! Maybe even a window decal for your car, ex. Member of the Dis Dads Club@ Dis Boards. com , This will most likely add members and ideas, and would be a positive thing (will get into that at later time)

2nd - What are our objectives, do we want to do, open a park, be in a parade, do we want to fill a whole ride like Space Mountain, Rock & Roll Rollercoaster etc. A group photo as mentioned is a must. We have to figure out at least 5 things that are not out of reason.

You're officially on the roster! I love the enthusiasm!

GoHerd1028
12-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Well, I am like Don. I wont be able to be there next December but I want to know what you guys come up with and accomplish!:thumbsup2

stopher1
12-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Don't know yet if we'll be able to make it happen or not - but I definitely want to keep informed. And maybe it'll work out that I can be there just me...not sure yet - but I'm intrigued!

Disney Commando
12-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Don't know yet if we'll be able to make it happen or not - but I definitely want to keep informed. And maybe it'll work out that I can be there just me...not sure yet - but I'm intrigued!

Hope you can make it! With as many trips that you have made your insight of how they operate things at the parks will be most helpful:goodvibes

FreezinRafiki
12-13-2009, 07:47 PM
I have saved a high resolution copy of the Dis Dads Club logo to:
http://www.4shared.com/file/172375603/c02adfe7/DDLogo2.html

This file is the 300 dpi version that threadsmith.com requires to embroider onto shirts, hats, backpacks, etc. Simply download the file to your computer, create an account at threadsmith.com, upload this file and add it to whatever item you want. You can change the color of the logo when you add it to your garment.

middlepat
12-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Gotta sub this thread. Not sure if we'll be in the mix for 2010, but maybe 2011 or beyond.

Disney Commando
12-13-2009, 09:20 PM
You've been added. The group shot is a great idea. :thumbsup2

I agree a group shot would be awesome, but I think we should kick it up a noche and do a group shot with the top dad Goofy or Santa Goofy!

If we wait in line to get a picture they most likely will let us do it:banana:

Captain_Oblivious
12-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Well, I probably won't be there in December, but that doesn't mean I can't live vicariously through you guys.

Disney Commando
12-15-2009, 01:16 PM
I just listed The Dis Dads on the Dis Countdown Clock. I put the arrival as 12/4/10 and depart 12/12/10.

FreezinRafiki
12-15-2009, 01:24 PM
I just listed The Dis Dads on the Dis Countdown Clock. I put the arrival as 12/4/10 and depart 12/12/10.

I didn't even know that existed. Thanks!

DisneyDaddy-O
12-15-2009, 01:53 PM

Where do you see that, can you add a link to it?

FreezinRafiki
12-15-2009, 01:57 PM

I Googled it. http://www.wdwinfo.com/countdownlist.cfm

DisneyDaddy-O
12-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I Googled it. http://www.wdwinfo.com/countdownlist.cfm

Disney Commando
12-15-2009, 02:08 PM

I don't know how to do links yet, but click on news on the top of this page, then put countdown clock in the search box. Then click on the 1st Dis countdown clock listing, and it will bring you to the page. If anyone knows how to link it "go for it":eek: Still learning the pc

Emma's Dad
12-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Well... right now it's on the second page of the countdown... so this link will be available for a limited time (a few months maybe)

DIS Dads Club Countdown (http://www.wdwinfo.com/countdownlist2.cfm)

When the page opens, you'll need to scroll down until you find it. Or press Ctrl + F and search for "The Dis Dads Club".

dvczerfs
12-15-2009, 04:03 PM
ha barry, im in. im falling behind. confirm me for nov30th thru dec11th for old key west!! :thumbsup2

FreezinRafiki
12-15-2009, 04:19 PM
ha barry, im in. im falling behind. confirm me for nov30th thru dec11th for old key west!! :thumbsup2

Added!

That's 4 confirmed. I believe we may have one or two on the fence, and whoever joins in the next 12 months. :thumbsup2

Cinderella's Fella
12-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Hi Dads, I will be there with the clan 11/28/10 to 12/4/10. but I will not be at MK while they are taping the parade. :rotfl2:

GorshGoofy
12-16-2009, 08:45 AM
This is great!!! I'm planning to be there on December 5th through 11th with my DD (17) and D'niece (16). My Sister and her daughter may join us.

ScreenName: GorshGoofy
Lodging: Pop Century

We'll be driving down on Sunday afternoon from the Mobile Alabama area.

FreezinRafiki
12-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Hi Dads, I will be there with the clan 11/28/10 to 12/4/10. but I will not be at MK while they are taping the parade. :rotfl2:

It looks like you'll be gone by the time most of us get there, but I'll add you, just in case there are some others that are traveling during that time that and you want to get together!

FreezinRafiki
12-16-2009, 09:13 AM
This is great!!! I'm planning to be there on December 5th through 11th with my DD (17) and D'niece (16). My Sister and her daughter may join us.

ScreenName: GorshGoofy
Lodging: Pop Century

We'll be driving down on Sunday afternoon from the Mobile Alabama area.

Fantastic! You've been added!

that's nice
12-16-2009, 12:25 PM
I wish I can 'officially' add my name but we are trying to get through this next trip right now. I know my DW said we are definitely going to WDW in December '10 so I might be added to the list! :goodvibes

I am monitoring this thread. I'll try to add some input even if I'm not going to make it.:thumbsup2

FreezinRafiki
12-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I wish I can 'officially' add my name but we are trying to get through this next trip right now. I know my DW said we are definitely going to WDW in December '10 so I might be added to the list! :goodvibes

I am monitoring this thread. I'll try to add some input even if I'm not going to make it.:thumbsup2

Oh, I'm pretty sure you'll make it. After we party it up in March, it's all you'll be talking about. :thumbsup2

Disney Commando
12-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Looking good so far - 5 onboard - some on the fence - new dad's joining everyday. If 20 or 25 guys can make it that would be awesome, with 352 days to go and new members could far exceed that:woohoo:

Disney Commando
12-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Since we will be at WDW most likely during the taping of the Christmas Parade, I tried to pay close attention to what was going on, hey we might as well try to get our hands into something:banana:. The one main observation I saw was that at most of the concert events the first couple rows of people were wearing OMG Red, just like the color Barry posted for the shirt, OK after reading some feedback I do agree red might not be the best color for the Dis Dad's for the rest of the year, but for Dec. it seems like a good choice (or going out of the box hunter green might also work). Another item I noticed was the santa hat, I'm not sure if they make a Christmas Goofy hat or not, but if they do to stand out and be chosen to be up front it might be worth looking into.
I may seem gung-ho about all this, but after being in the car show circuit since 1988 and now making floats for parades for my son, with a awesome win record. As a group if we can succeed some things in Dec. all the Dis Dad's succeed there or not! If we are going to be in it we might as well win it!:banana::cool1::yay::woohoo::dance3:

dvczerfs
12-28-2009, 02:42 PM
just some insight on what we did for the easter "parade". it was about 13 years ago we were down during the easter "parade" taping. we walked into the mk and seen the cameras set up and sat on the curb directly across from the camera that was set up in front of the movie theater on main street. after waiting on the curb from 8am till 2pm, production crews etc.. were setting up and of course you have to fight for your spot the entire time. finally, a girl came out, introducer herself and instructed us how to cheer. and yes, anyone with a coors light shirt or bigpeckers t shirt will not be sitting on the curb unless you turn your shirt inside out. the first "float" comes down and your instructed to yell like its the best thing you have ever scene in your life. than, they back up,:scared1: and after waiting for 5-8 min. you do it again to that float. some items are taped three or four times. the 20 min. parade took 3 hours. its a production set, not a parade as you see on tv. yes, we made it on the easter day parade and we have it on vhs. you can see us about 3 times. they tape the parade a few times and chop scenes and sets out of each one and use the best shots.what you see as a big happy party, is a huge production set and it is staged.it was fun, but a little boring and plan on it consuming the entire day and as they told us, "if another day of taping is brighter and sunnier your likeness will not be used. this is a commercial for wdw and dl and people want to see sunny skis." they told us AFTER the "parade" was over.:scared1:

FreezinRafiki
12-28-2009, 03:27 PM
The two times we've been down there in early December, we actively avoided the Magic Kingdom on parade taping days. If you're not interested in the taping, it really clogs up Main Street. As cool as it would be to end up on TV for the parade, I don't think its worth my family's time to spend the better part of a day hanging around waiting for the production crew to get set up.
If anyone does try to do the taping, be sure to let us know so we can set our Tivos on Christmas Day to try and see you!

Disney Commando
12-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Well I didn't plan on it being a all day thing, so I'll put this on the backburner. Still have a couple of tricks up the sleeve for this. When it gets closer to the trip and we know around how many Dis Dads will be there at the time, I'll fill everyone in on some ideas!

FreezinRafiki
12-29-2009, 05:57 AM
Well I didn't plan on it being a all day thing, so I'll put this on the backburner. Still have a couple of tricks up the sleeve for this. When it gets closer to the trip and we know around how many Dis Dads will be there at the time, I'll fill everyone in on some ideas!

Ooooo... I love a good mystery!

Goofy + 3
12-30-2009, 11:28 AM
I'll be there. We're not officially booked until my cousin (holder of the DVC points) books it next week, but it's close enough.

screen name: Goofy + 3 (it should be 4, but too late to change it)

FreezinRafiki
12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
I'll be there. We're not officially booked until my cousin (holder of the DVC points) books it next week, but it's close enough.

screen name: Goofy + 3 (it should be 4, but too late to change it)

Fantastic! You've been added to the official roster.

And hey, look at that. We both have 5 year old DDs and 3 year old DDs. How's that for coincidence?

stopher1
12-30-2009, 08:11 PM
just some insight on what we did for the easter "parade". it was about 13 years ago we were down during the easter "parade" taping. we walked into the mk and seen the cameras set up and sat on the curb directly across from the camera that was set up in front of the movie theater on main street. after waiting on the curb from 8am till 2pm, production crews etc.. were setting up and of course you have to fight for your spot the entire time. finally, a girl came out, introducer herself and instructed us how to cheer. and yes, anyone with a coors light shirt or bigpeckers t shirt will not be sitting on the curb unless you turn your shirt inside out. the first "float" comes down and your instructed to yell like its the best thing you have ever scene in your life. than, they back up,:scared1: and after waiting for 5-8 min. you do it again to that float. some items are taped three or four times. the 20 min. parade took 3 hours. its a production set, not a parade as you see on tv. yes, we made it on the easter day parade and we have it on vhs. you can see us about 3 times. they tape the parade a few times and chop scenes and sets out of each one and use the best shots.what you see as a big happy party, is a huge production set and it is staged.it was fun, but a little boring and plan on it consuming the entire day and as they told us, "if another day of taping is brighter and sunnier your likeness will not be used. this is a commercial for wdw and dl and people want to see sunny skis." they told us AFTER the "parade" was over.:scared1:

Oh man Dave that is sooo true! I was in the Candlelight Processional at DL back in '88 when they taped it for airing on the Disney Channel that year. We had to do it over and over again. It was hysterical backing the mass choir up on Main Street in order to get that perfect shot! Then, do it again! We had a great time, but also a hard time. We were out there that day for something like 3 or 4 hours just doing that part for one number that made it to tv. The rest of what was aired was the Candlelight show itself. Talk about crazy.

I've also been at DL for various tapings of parades and such, and yes, just like at the MK, it's just a production piece that then gets blended together to appear as a parade later on for the viewing audience.

stopher1
12-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Ok, I do think I'm in. I'm pretty much planning my father/daughter trip for that time period... so put me on the list.

screen name: stopher1
Family: DW, DS13, DS10, DD5 (will not be on the trip)... but only DD5 will be with me
Dates: Dec 3-6 or 7, 2010
Location: Looking to be AKV (can't book it for another few days yet, but at 11 mos out won't be a problem)

:santa:

FreezinRafiki
12-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Ok, I do think I'm in. I'm pretty much planning my father/daughter trip for that time period... so put me on the list.

screen name: stopher1
Family: DW, DS13, DS10, DD5 (will not be on the trip)... but only DD5 will be with me
Dates: Dec 3-6 or 7, 2010
Location: Looking to be AKV (can't book it for another few days yet, but at 11 mos out won't be a problem)

:santa:

You're on the list! :thumbsup2 And by my count, that will be at least 3 girls in the 5-6 year old age range. Lord help us all.:scared1:

AKV is not my home resort, so I have to wait until 7 months out. Do you think it will be a problem getting a 2 bedroom at that time? I've done it a few times at Beach Club, but never tried it at AKV yet.

stopher1
12-30-2009, 09:08 PM
You're on the list! :thumbsup2 And by my count, that will be at least 3 girls in the 5-6 year old age range. Lord help us all.:scared1:

AKV is not my home resort, so I have to wait until 7 months out. Do you think it will be a problem getting a 2 bedroom at that time? I've done it a few times at Beach Club, but never tried it at AKV yet.

I can't say for certain, but I really don't think so. Next to SSR & OKW it's the largest of the DVC bunch. Between both Jambo & Kidani I think you'll have a very good chance of getting it.

Yeah, my DD will be 6 by then, but still in that range! :lmao:

dvczerfs
12-31-2009, 07:48 AM
Oh man Dave that is sooo true! I was in the Candlelight Processional at DL back in '88 when they taped it for airing on the Disney Channel that year. We had to do it over and over again. It was hysterical backing the mass choir up on Main Street in order to get that perfect shot! Then, do it again! We had a great time, but also a hard time. We were out there that day for something like 3 or 4 hours just doing that part for one number that made it to tv. The rest of what was aired was the Candlelight show itself. Talk about crazy.

I've also been at DL for various tapings of parades and such, and yes, just like at the MK, it's just a production piece that then gets blended together to appear as a parade later on for the viewing audience.

:lmao: it was one of those things that your glad you did it but most likely wouldnt do it again.:lmao: glad to here you going to be down in december!!! i think thats about seven of us for sure so far!!

dvczerfs
12-31-2009, 07:50 AM

okw isnt our home resort,we have to wait till 7 mon. window also. we have never had a problem getting a two bedroom at okw.:lmao: good luck on your resi.!!!:thumbsup2

FreezinRafiki
12-31-2009, 07:59 AM
okw isnt our home resort,we have to wait till 7 mon. window also. we have never had a problem getting a two bedroom at okw.:lmao: good luck on your resi.!!!:thumbsup2

Usually I wouldn't be worried, because we're open to staying anywhere. But this time, there will be 9 of us and the 2bedrooms at AKV sleep 9. The only other place that does is the Tree houses.

FreezinRafiki
12-31-2009, 08:19 AM
I just got off the phone with DVC Member Services. We can book at the Tree House Villas at 11 months out and switch the reservation to AKV at 7 months out. I wasn't sure if this was against the rules, but the operator said that a lot of people do it. :thumbsup2

tutter99
12-31-2009, 09:32 AM
I just got off the phone with DVC Member Services. We can book at the Tree House Villas at 11 months out and switch the reservation to AKV at 7 months out. I wasn't sure if this was against the rules, but the operator said that a lot of people do it. :thumbsup2

WOW, the AKV won't know what hit it. I think that makes 3 or 4 of us ending up there. Has anyone ever done the sunset safari? I can't find a lot of recent articles or reviews on it. It originally was only open to people staying in Concierge class but I'm not sure if any DVC members can book it now. It's not the cheapest thing in the world but from what I have read it is very cool and includes a dinner at Jiko, might be a good chance for the DisDads and Moms to have a "grown up" evening while the kids play in Simba's Club.

dvczerfs
01-01-2010, 01:27 PM
that still dont gaur. you will get akv but it will get you into the tree houses. make sure you call on the first day you can, the first two weeks of dec. are the fullest times for dvc resorts.:thumbsup2

Disney Commando
01-04-2010, 10:34 PM
I forgot to let you know the family going on Dec. trip. It will be myself, DW and DS (who will be 5 at tme of the trip)

Has anyone thought of any other things we might want to do as a group on the trip:confused3

FreezinRafiki
01-05-2010, 06:14 AM
I forgot to let you know the family going on Dec. trip. It will be myself, DW and DS (who will be 5 at tme of the trip)

Has anyone thought of any other things we might want to do as a group on the trip:confused3

I've updated the roster.

Honestly, with the holidays going on and our March trip looming, I haven't given much though to December yet. :confused:

FreezinRafiki
01-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Good news - just got off the phone with DVC Member Services. Booked a Tree House Villa for the December vacation. So even if I can't get it switched to Animal Kingdom in May, we've got a pretty cool place to stay. :thumbsup2

dvczerfs
01-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Good news - just got off the phone with DVC Member Services. Booked a Tree House Villa for the December vacation. So even if I can't get it switched to Animal Kingdom in May, we've got a pretty cool place to stay. :thumbsup2

barry,you will only be a good 5 iron shot away from me if you stay in the tree houses. they look cool!! :thumbsup2

FreezinRafiki
01-05-2010, 02:12 PM
barry,you will only be a good 5 iron shot away from me if you stay in the tree houses. they look cool!! :thumbsup2

Our goal is to switch the reservations to Animal Kingdom as soon as that 7 month window opens on May 5. We've never stayed there before, and the little boy of the family that is going with us really loves animals. But now that you mention it, it would be fun to hit a few 5 iron shots at you. :rolleyes:

A few years back we stayed at Old Key West. We were approaching our villa one afternoon when a golf ball sailed over the building and landed near us.

Emma's Dad
01-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Our goal is to switch the reservations to Animal Kingdom as soon as that 7 month window opens on May 5. We've never stayed there before, and the little boy of the family that is going with us really loves animals. But now that you mention it, it would be fun to hit a few 5 iron shots at you. :rolleyes:

A few years back we stayed at Old Key West. We were approaching our villa one afternoon when a golf ball sailed over the building and landed near us.

:lmao::lmao: That must have been Dave....

dvczerfs
01-05-2010, 04:53 PM
:lmao::lmao: That must have been Dave....

:lmao: probley was!!! i lost a few balls all ready at lake b. golf course!!! i generaly can keep the ball in front of me,(some what) its distance and water i have problems with. that was one other thing i had to do to say i did it.(play golf on disney prop.) maybe when dd is grown and on her own. pending how things go here the next 5-8 years, maybe we will get another 150 points. that will give us 550 and we can take a 2 weeker in oct or dec and take another 8-10 day trip in the early spring.:rolleyes1 its great, i dont have to twist dw arm for that plan.she would be packed and in the van at a moments notice.:lmao:

tutter99
01-07-2010, 01:37 PM
OK, made it official! We will be at AKV Kidani from December 4th until the 11th.

FreezinRafiki
01-07-2010, 02:10 PM
OK, made it official! We will be at AKV Kidani from December 4th until the 11th.

Fantastic! I've updated the roster. Maybe we'll run into each other around the watering hole!:thumbsup2

FreezinRafiki
01-07-2010, 02:11 PM
In case anyone missed it, we filled up Dis Dad's Club II thread and started a new one Dis Dad's Club III (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2366118) :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Captain_Oblivious
01-08-2010, 09:43 AM
But now that you mention it, it would be fun to hit a few 5 iron shots at you. :rolleyes:

Didn't somebody ask what you guys could all do together? I think you have your answer. :rotfl2:

DisneyDadC
01-11-2010, 07:26 PM

I loved staying at OKW had a two Bed right off the 7th green( building 64 I think it was) when play I could park the golf cart right at my patio and go in and get a few refreshments.:drinking1
I am hoping to make it in Dec just not sure of week yet.Will start off with res at our home resort of SSR (may go tree house as they are part of home resort) and shoot for the 7 month window at the BWV( got to be close to the "Man Cave" at ESPN Zone,Plus like walking into Epcot for my world beverages!!!:drinking1)
Will keep you guys posted as soon as I can nail down the dates:surfweb:

FreezinRafiki
01-12-2010, 06:49 AM
I loved staying at OKW had a two Bed right off the 7th green( building 64 I think it was) when play I could park the golf cart right at my patio and go in and get a few refreshments.:drinking1
I am hoping to make it in Dec just not sure of week yet.Will start off with res at our home resort of SSR (may go tree house as they are part of home resort) and shoot for the 7 month window at the BWV( got to be close to the "Man Cave" at ESPN Zone,Plus like walking into Epcot for my world beverages!!!:drinking1)
Will keep you guys posted as soon as I can nail down the dates:surfweb:

Great! As soon as you get something planned (even in rough form) I'll update the roster. Glad to have you aboard!

Baloo4you
01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Your not going without me.

Screen name: Baloo4you
Family: DW, DD9, DS2
Dates: Dec. 4-11
Place: CR
Driving from MS Gulf Coast.:santa:

FreezinRafiki
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM

We wouldn't dream of it! Welcome aboard - you have been added to the official roster!

tutter99
01-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Wow, we're not even into the 2nd week of the year and I think we are already looking at 25 people total so far.

Does anyone else have a scuba cert.?

dvczerfs
01-12-2010, 02:15 PM

welcome aboard baloo!!:thumbsup2

dvczerfs
01-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Wow, we're not even into the 2nd week of the year and I think we are already looking at 25 people total so far.

Does anyone else have a scuba cert.?

you can add three more people to that list. we are traveling with another family so we are a party of 6. 6 people, 2- two bedroom units at okw.:woohoo:

itJeff
01-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I won't mention how jealous I am that a BUNCH of the DisDads are getting together at DisneyWorld.... or how extreemly jealous I am that y'all are doing it at Christmas time when I really want to go!

:mad:

tutter99
01-13-2010, 06:42 AM
I won't mention how jealous I am that a BUNCH of the DisDads are getting together at DisneyWorld.... or how extreemly jealous I am that y'all are doing it at Christmas time when I really want to go!

:mad:

The HGTV special about how they get the parks ready for Christmas was the final push my wife needed to get on board.

Emma's Dad
01-13-2010, 07:45 AM
The HGTV special about how they get the parks ready for Christmas was the final push my wife needed to get on board.

I think I saw that episode... it was pretty cool seeing how it's all done and coordinated. I'm still working on DW....... :rolleyes1

DisneyDadC
01-13-2010, 09:53 AM
When do they tape the parade? This yr it was late cause of rain outs but what is the normal time frame?

tutter99
01-13-2010, 10:19 AM
When do they tape the parade? This yr it was late cause of rain outs but what is the normal time frame?

I believe it is normally the 1st weekend in December. We got an email asking for volunteers to attend but replied too late to get accepted. From what I've heard from the other Dads who have attended in the past it is now off my list of things to do.

DisneyDadC
01-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Closer to confirming dates. Looks like Dec3rd through Dec11th is going to be the dates.Going to start off with staying at SSR or THV and wait listing BWV at the seven month window.:goodvibes

DisneyDadC
01-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Real Name - Ron
Dis Trip - Dec 5 - 11
Resort - ASM

If we take over a ride it would have to be the Barnstormer.After all Goofy is our mascot.Could you imagine the looks from everyone when the Dis Dads all hop on the barstormer?:rotfl2: It might make the local new lol:lmao:

Disney Commando
01-13-2010, 06:39 PM
If we take over a ride it would have to be the Barnstormer.After all Goofy is our mascot.Could you imagine the looks from everyone when the Dis Dads all hop on the barstormer?:rotfl2: It might make the local new lol:lmao:

Excellent idea!:thumbsup2 By the time we go we could probably fill the ride with just Dis Dads, the look on the CM's face when they ask how many, and then notice it's all Dads:scared1::eek: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

dvczerfs
01-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Excellent idea!:thumbsup2 By the time we go we could probably fill the ride with just Dis Dads, the look on the CM's face when they ask how many, and then notice it's all Dads:scared1::eek: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

i hope its still going to be there. when are they going to start ripping and tearing back there? theres all ways the tea cups!:lmao:

dvczerfs
01-13-2010, 07:24 PM
i hope its still going to be there. when are they going to start ripping and tearing back there? theres all ways the tea cups!:lmao:

comando, how did you like the contemp? dw and i stayed there last may for the first time for our 25th wed. an. we had a mk view room and on the 11th floor. it was great!! for christmas i had some of the pics we took framed and she has it hanging in our dining room. now dd wants to stay there! next june when she grads from hs and dances in wdw, i told her we can stay at the contemp for her grad. present. shes happier than if i would have bought her a new.

Disney Commando
01-13-2010, 10:57 PM

I think I read that the Barnstormer was staying where it is, but if they are ripping stuff apart by then they might have that section closed, I don't know when they are starting that whole project.

I don't remember too much about the Contemp since I was a kid, and didn't really pay attention to Resorts much.

The last time I stayed at the Contemp I was 17, I remember I was not to fond of the hallways going to the rooms, hieghts are not my thing and the view down was alittle :scared1: (When I was 5 A branch broke in a tree I was climbing and took a 15ft spill, since then, I don't take hieghts well:lmao:)
The prior stays we had lower levels.

I remember the 1st 2 trips they had juices in plastic containers that were shaped like the juice (I miss them they were really good) and you needed a ticket to go on all the rides.

I would like to stay at the Contemp again, but we are only in the room basicly to sleep and shower, and it is alittle pricey for not being in the room much.

dvczerfs
01-14-2010, 04:16 AM
I think I read that the Barnstormer was staying where it is, but if they are ripping stuff apart by then they might have that section closed, I don't know when they are starting that whole project.

I don't remember too much about the Contemp since I was a kid, and didn't really pay attention to Resorts much.

The last time I stayed at the Contemp I was 17, I remember I was not to fond of the hallways going to the rooms, hieghts are not my thing and the view down was alittle :scared1: (When I was 5 A branch broke in a tree I was climbing and took a 15ft spill, since then, I don't take hieghts well:lmao:)
The prior stays we had lower levels.

I remember the 1st 2 trips they had juices in plastic containers that were shaped like the juice (I miss them they were really good) and you needed a ticket to go on all the rides.

I would like to stay at the Contemp again, but we are only in the room basicly to sleep and shower, and it is alittle pricey for not being in the room much.

it is a bit pricey for what it is. we are ann. pass holders and they had a 50 percent off deal going last spring so it wasnt to to to bad. your paying for the view and we kept the certain open the entire time we were there. we were up high enough that you realy couldnt make out what was in the room. and if you could, we didnt care.:lmao: i think i slept a total of 3 hours per night that trip, it was great. i remember the ticket ordeal, the swan boats around the castle and the old tomorrow land. i have a few pics of the old magic kingdom. when my parents were alive, there basement got flooded out and destroyed alot of the pics but i have some yet. the rca sign in front of space mountain. dream flight was by eastern airlines. remember the arcade? back then there was no splash mtn or the runaway railroad. place has realy changed slowly over time if you think about it.

Baloo4you
01-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Dvczerfs you must be a mind reader, I was just reminiscing about the Swan boats last night. I can remember the tickets classes ABC etc, attractions. We visited my aunt and uncle in Leesburg, FL and they had a shoebox full of tickets from relatives and we would grab a couple for WDW that day. What memories.

dvczerfs
01-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Dvczerfs you must be a mind reader, I was just reminiscing about the Swan boats last night. I can remember the tickets classes ABC etc, attractions. We visited my aunt and uncle in Leesburg, FL and they had a shoebox full of tickets from relatives and we would grab a couple for WDW that day. What memories.

:thumbsup2 i thought mission to mars was the greatest thing ever to be invented when i was 8!!! :lmao:

dvczerfs
01-17-2010, 08:38 AM
we were over to our friends house last night, the people who are going with us in december, we decided were we are eating and what we are doing. eating, mk - 2 crys. pal. breakfast , liberty tree dinner, tonys town. dinner.epcot - tepenedo , germany , iyaly. whispering canyon dinner (a must) and ohanas for dinner. thats it so far. we are going to the mk christmas party, and we are doing the candle light proc. over at epcot. hopefully they still have the pkg deal for candle light proc, we usualy eat first in germany than over to the show. anyone givin any thought yet to what there doing? ok, were not nuts, the other family going has never been during the holidays and cant wait.:lmao:

tutter99
01-18-2010, 06:50 AM
we were over to our friends house last night, the people who are going with us in december, we decided were we are eating and what we are doing. eating, mk - 2 crys. pal. breakfast , liberty tree dinner, tonys town. dinner.epcot - tepenedo , germany , iyaly. whispering canyon dinner (a must) and ohanas for dinner. thats it so far. we are going to the mk christmas party, and we are doing the candle light proc. over at epcot. hopefully they still have the pkg deal for candle light proc, we usualy eat first in germany than over to the show. anyone givin any thought yet to what there doing? ok, were not nuts, the other family going has never been during the holidays and cant wait.:lmao:

We haven't done much planning for December yet, we need to get our April trip out of the way before that. Maybe we can get some Dad's together to do one of the experiences, i've dived at Epcot before but I don't think we have other divers in the group. I've been looking at the early morning bass excursions , we might have some takers there. There's also the one where you get to go to the roundhouse before the parks open while they get the trains ready for the day. I think we can eliminate the segway tours from the list, I get the feeling it would turn into the chariot race scene from Ben Hur.

that's nice
01-18-2010, 08:21 AM
How about taking over Small World. You guys can fill 3-4 boats? :lmao::lmao:

Are you guys planning on ditching your families for the DADs meet & events?

Maybe you guys could rent that nice Sea Ray sedan bridge sitting outside of the Grand Floridian for dinner and cocktails? :sail:

VIP CRUISE ON GRAND I YACHT – a 45-foot Sea Ray yacht staffed by a captain and deckhand, 17/18 guest maximum, available at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Price: $480 for 60 minutes $720 for 90 minutes $960 for 120 minutes Call (407)-824-2682 to book.

NOTE: It is customary to give your "captain" a gratuity

You can enhance your Specialty Cruise by adding food/drinks of your choosing. Arrangements can be made by calling Private Dining at the resort from which your cruise is launched.

dvczerfs
01-18-2010, 08:23 AM
We haven't done much planning for December yet, we need to get our April trip out of the way before that. Maybe we can get some Dad's together to do one of the experiences, i've dived at Epcot before but I don't think we have other divers in the group. I've been looking at the early morning bass excursions , we might have some takers there. There's also the one where you get to go to the roundhouse before the parks open while they get the trains ready for the day. I think we can eliminate the segway tours from the list, I get the feeling it would turn into the chariot race scene from Ben Hur.

:lmao: the segway tour would be fun!!! id give it 15 min. before we would be asked to leave.:lmao: its hard getting a group like ours (so far)together for any length of time. hopefully, if nothing else, all be able to get together for a pic. and a hand shake. when it gets closer, we will have to see how we can do this. im thinking we will have to pick a time, place before we all leave. the time will all most have to be early afternoon or late morning because your hitting peoples adrs and nap times. anyone else have any ideas? train tour would be a good idea, i can get to just about anywere anytime. we drive and i dont have small kids so i can get lost for awhile.:lmao:i can also ask my travel agent buddy if there is someone i can call at wdw that could helps us find a meeting spot at a park for a pic. and a hand shake. whats everyone thinking?????

FreezinRafiki
01-18-2010, 08:29 AM
How about taking over Small World. You guys can fill 3-4 boats? :lmao::lmao:

Are you guys planning on ditching your families for the DADs meet & events?

Maybe you guys could rent that nice Sea Ray sedan bridge sitting outside of the Grand Floridian for dinner and cocktails? :sail:

VIP CRUISE ON GRAND I YACHT – a 45-foot Sea Ray yacht staffed by a captain and deckhand, 17/18 guest maximum, available at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Price: $480 for 60 minutes $720 for 90 minutes $960 for 120 minutes Call (407)-824-2682 to book.

NOTE: It is customary to give your "captain" a gratuity

You can enhance your Specialty Cruise by adding food/drinks of your choosing. Arrangements can be made by calling Private Dining at the resort from which your cruise is launched.

I say we book this, toss the captain and deckhand overboard and run up the Jolly Roger! We'll board the ferries heading to Magic Kingdom and take all the juice boxes and fruit snacks out of the Mom's park bags!

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

FreezinRafiki
01-18-2010, 08:33 AM

To-ga! To-ga! To-ga!

FreezinRafiki
01-18-2010, 08:37 AM
:lmao: the segway tour would be fun!!! id give it 15 min. before we would be asked to leave.:lmao: its hard getting a group like ours (so far)together for any length of time. hopefully, if nothing else, all be able to get together for a pic. and a hand shake. when it gets closer, we will have to see how we can do this. im thinking we will have to pick a time, place before we all leave. the time will all most have to be early afternoon or late morning because your hitting peoples adrs and nap times. anyone else have any ideas? train tour would be a good idea, i can get to just about anywere anytime. we drive and i dont have small kids so i can get lost for awhile.:lmao:i can also ask my travel agent buddy if there is someone i can call at wdw that could helps us find a meeting spot at a park for a pic. and a hand shake. whats everyone thinking?????

I havn't given it much though yet either. I need to get through my March trip. I've never had 2 trips actually booked at the same time before, and I'm already getting them mixed up!

dvczerfs
01-18-2010, 08:56 AM
:lmao: how does stopher do it???????:lmao:

DisneyDadC
01-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey we are the Dis Dads we can do anything Disney!!:wizard: I am sure when the time gets closer we can make anything happen.:thumbsup2 I know I can arrange for my family or myself to be anywhere any time.We like to take the " we will wing it" approach when it comes to our trips.Whether it be a ride,tour,a beverage of choice:drinking1 ,fishing ,golfing or just a picture and handshake.I am sure we will make it happen:thumbsup2:thumbsup2.I would just try to do it as early in the trip as we can ,so maybe when everyone see what a good time it will be it will open the door for another activity;)

tutter99
01-18-2010, 12:27 PM
To-ga! To-ga! To-ga!

I'll make the reservation under the name Sparticus. When they call the group we can all take turns saying "No, I'm Sparticus!"

I wonder if they'd let us glue little plastic swords to the wheels?

Disney Commando
01-19-2010, 03:43 PM

I suggest we plan 1 event a day that will last no more than 1 hour. This way we shouldn't hear any trash talking from the wives. Whatever day Epcot is open late of couse would have to be Drinking around the World.:thumbsup2

DisneyDadC
01-19-2010, 05:34 PM
I suggest we plan 1 event a day that will last no more than 1 hour. This way we shouldn't hear any trash talking from the wives. Whatever day Epcot is open late of couse would have to be Drinking around the World.:thumbsup2

like I said before I can make anything happen.My wife is so happy just to be there :cloud9: that I could tell her I have plans for a bit and I am golden!:worship:As a matter of fact she thinks its funny that I am part of the Dis Dads and said we should have fun.:cool1: Oh and about the "Drinking around the world" I thought that was mandatory.I also thought I heard somewhere where the first guy to have his name on the offical roster was to buy the drinks.:rolleyes1

dvczerfs
01-19-2010, 05:47 PM

:lmao: i wouldnt make it, you may have to get me a motorized cart!!!:lmao:

Disney Commando
01-19-2010, 07:19 PM
:lmao: i wouldnt make it, you may have to get me a motorized cart!!!:lmao:

That would work! You would be able to get us to the front of the line:lmao: We can get a flag made and hook it up to the scooter and you can lead the pack:banana:

Disney Commando
01-19-2010, 07:38 PM
like I said before I can make anything happen.My wife is so happy just to be there :cloud9: that I could tell her I have plans for a bit and I am golden!:worship:As a matter of fact she thinks its funny that I am part of the Dis Dads and said we should have fun.:cool1: Oh and about the "Drinking around the world" I thought that was mandatory.I also thought I heard somewhere where the first guy to have his name on the offical roster was to buy the drinks.:rolleyes1

I'm pretty much game for anything, got to find out what kind of tickets everyone is getting, we are getting PH so I'm covered, we are going to have to plan events so everyone has a chance to make them:goodvibes. Drinking around the World is a must! I read that Dis Dad #400 Had to buy a round (Goofy + 3):lmao::rotfl2: I make a couple rum & cokes in a coke bottle and bring them with me to get a head start:cool1:

Emma's Dad
01-20-2010, 07:32 AM
I'll make the reservation under the name Sparticus. When they call the group we can all take turns saying "No, I'm Sparticus!"

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: The new official DDC hat:
http://www.signaturecostumes.co.uk/shop/shopimages/products/thumbnails/49663xl%20300%20helmet%20thum.JPG

tutter99
01-20-2010, 11:01 AM
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: The new official DDC hat:

Fixed it!

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/dishelmet.JPG

dvczerfs
01-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Fixed it!

:lmao:

DisneyDaddy-O
01-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Fixed it!

:lmao:

What? I'd wear it!

;)

Disney Commando
01-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Fixed it!

The Mame would look good with the ears.

Disney Commando
01-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Do any of the DVC Villas have a BBQ area, maybe we could do a breakfast, I could bring pork roll, Barry could maybe bring some freash Wis. cheese, someone from PA bring some Martin's potato rolls and all the other dads can bring something from there state, We could have a hell of a breakfast event:confused3:goodvibes

DisneyDadC
01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Do any of the DVC Villas have a BBQ area, maybe we could do a breakfast, I could bring pork roll, Barry could maybe bring some freash Wis. cheese, someone from PA bring some Martin's potato rolls and all the other dads can bring something from there state, We could have a hell of a breakfast event:confused3:goodvibes

now you are talking one of my favorites :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Pork-roll and cheese :worship::worship: I take 2 not 1 but 2 rolls of pork-roll with me when i go on my fishing trips and I eat it night and day.
Not sure if Philly cheesesteaks would make the trip,so my side of pa would have to be tasty cakes,Martins,or lol scrapple or I could always get some Iron city beer from our west side of the state (yuengling would also do).

that's nice
01-21-2010, 03:51 PM

If I was going.... what is CT known for???

Pizza I guess. We have the best pizza here. We have taken NY pizza and made it 100X better! :thumbsup2

Can I carry on 5 pizzas? TSA would make me toss them out.:confused3

dvczerfs
01-21-2010, 05:46 PM
now you are talking one of my favorites :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Pork-roll and cheese :worship::worship: I take 2 not 1 but 2 rolls of pork-roll with me when i go on my fishing trips and I eat it night and day.
Not sure if Philly cheesesteaks would make the trip,so my side of pa would have to be tasty cakes,Martins,or lol scrapple or I could always get some Iron city beer from our west side of the state (yuengling would also do).

im going to philly for work in a few weeks, gotta get some soft pretzells and stoppin at ginos!!!!!:woohoo:

Disney Commando
01-21-2010, 08:58 PM
DisneyDadC - Is Sesame Place in Bucks County, we have SP's go there often.:confused3

DisneyDadC
01-21-2010, 09:17 PM
DisneyDadC - Is Sesame Place in Bucks County, we have SP's go there often.:confused3

Yes it is :thumbsup2 ( if you want to get technical its Lower Bucks,as Bucks County has a lower bucks and upper bucks) It is about a 7 min drive from my house.! Darn traffic. We get the passes and use them when we go to Fl and do Sea World and Bush Gardens, then we head to Disney of course.

DisneyDadC
01-21-2010, 09:25 PM
im going to philly for work in a few weeks, gotta get some soft pretzells and stoppin at ginos!!!!!:woohoo:

Believe it or not I am not a big fan of Gino's or Pat's,( don't get me wrong I eat my share of them).But Some of the local pizza shops make good enough cheesesteaks that I can go without the big guys in Phila.Now soft pretzels on the other hand I live of them ( lol).I have a Philly soft pretzel about a mile away from my house.Shoot me a message maybe I can meet you at Ginos and buy you one wit! Show off our hospitality here in east side

Disney Commando
01-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes it is :thumbsup2 ( if you want to get technical its Lower Bucks,as Bucks County has a lower bucks and upper bucks) It is about a 7 min drive from my house.! Darn traffic. We get the passes and us them when we go to Fl and do Sea World and Bush Gardens, then we head to Disney of course.

The Super Grover Passes thats what we have too, go to BG at least 3 times a year (got to get your monies worth) Maybe we can meet up at SP sometime this summer.

DisneyDadC
01-21-2010, 09:58 PM
The Super Grover Passes thats what we have too, go to BG at least 3 times a year (got to get your monies worth) Maybe we can meet up at SP sometime this summer.

Guess I better get a pass lol. My wife and kids have been going forever and they get the passes I only got a pass one yr.The yr I got the pass I went 0 times LOL. Last yr was the very first time I went there,had a blast. Then I realized what I was missing all those years.As Matter of fact we only got the 5 passes this year OLdest and I didnt get one,but I am rethinking on mine think I going to get it.My son was thinking of working there but he changed his mind ,but I know of three others that do so I can get free passes if I only want to go a few times.

Disney Commando
01-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Guess I better get a pass lol. My wife and kids have been going forever and they get the passes I only got a pass one yr.The yr I got the pass I went 0 times LOL. Last yr was the very first time I went there,had a blast. Then I realized what I was missing all those years.As Matter of fact we only got the 5 passes this year OLdest and I didnt get one,but I am rethinking on mine think I going to get it.My son was thinking of working there but he changed his mind ,but I know of three others that do so I can get free passes if I only want to go a few times.

Let me know if you get one (would be nice to know someone for the Dis trip)

A couple miles over the bridge from NJ into PA there is a junkyard on the left, a lot of cars from the 60's & 70's sitting in the weeds, any idea if they sell parts or whole cars there ( my friends and I would have a field day there) just seems wierd that the cars are pretty much intact:confused3

DisneyDadC
01-22-2010, 05:49 AM
Let me know if you get one (would be nice to know someone for the Dis trip)

A couple miles over the bridge from NJ into PA there is a junkyard on the left, a lot of cars from the 60's & 70's sitting in the weeds, any idea if they sell parts or whole cars there ( my friends and I would have a field day there) just seems wierd that the cars are pretty much intact:confused3

My guess is you would be talking about the Rt 1 bridge ? If so I am not sure what they do in that junk yard.

DisneyDadC
01-22-2010, 05:57 AM
OK guys today will be the day,I am booking the trip today.Still on fence about what week whether it is going to be Nov 24 - Dec 4 or Dec 3 - Dec 11.I probably wont decide until I am on the phone with MS.:confused3
I am getting mixed reports on crowd levels from 09 on both theses weeks.I hope the crowds this yr were due to the rain out of the parade.Seems the first weeks in Dec are getting busier every year.:confused:

DisneyDadC
01-22-2010, 06:50 AM
One hr till MS opens, Trip is getting closer:cool1:

FreezinRafiki
01-22-2010, 07:08 AM
One hr till MS opens, Trip is getting closer:cool1:

I know you're still on the fence for "when", but do you know where you're staying?

stopher1
01-22-2010, 11:35 AM
:lmao: how does stopher do it???????:lmao:

Do what Dave? There are a lot of different things you could be speaking of... I put my pants on the same way you do - one leg at a time. I just couldn't imagine what you are referring to. ;)

Love it! :thumbsup2

Fixed it!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 this is just too awesome

Kidani Village definitely does. There's a nice little shelter house with 3 charcoal grills, and 3 picnic tables - all right next door to the B-ball court (1/2), the 2 tennis courts and the 2 shuffle board courts. Could make a great breakfast / play time out of it all! There are pics in my LIVE report, but here are a couple now as well.
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0118-00177.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0118-00185.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0118-00187.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0118-00195.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0118-00181.jpg

DisneyDadC
01-22-2010, 12:55 PM
I know you're still on the fence for "when", but do you know where you're staying?

:cool1::cool1::cool1: Get me on the offical roster Will be staying at SSR ( our home resort)checking in on Dec 4th and out on Dec 11th.Roster will be Me and the whole crew listed in my sig,plus my mother and step father will be joining us from the 6th-11th,with my brother and his family on hold for now for the 6th-11th.My mother-in -law will also be part of our group from the 4th-11th.So in total I will be getting one 2 bed and 3 studios @ SSR however come May 4th (our 7 month window) I will be trying to change over to BWV or BCV any combo of the two.:yay::yay::yay:

FreezinRafiki
01-22-2010, 01:07 PM
:cool1::cool1::cool1: Get me on the offical roster Will be staying at SSR ( our home resort)checking in on Dec 4th and out on Dec 11th.Roster will be Me and the whole crew listed in my sig,plus my mother and step father will be joining us from the 6th-11th,with my brother and his family on hold for now for the 6th-11th.My mother-in -law will also be part of our group from the 4th-11th.So in total I will be getting one 2 bed and 3 studios @ SSR however come May 4th (our 7 month window) I will be trying to change over to BWV or BCV any combo of the two.:yay::yay::yay:

Holy cow that's a lot of people and rooms. I'd probably fall off my chair if I saw how many points that took!

I've got you added! 9 Dads already!
I'll be honest, when I started this thread 43 days ago, I figured there might be half a dozen or so of us. And we've still got 11 months to go!

DisneyDadC
01-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Holy cow that's a lot of people and rooms. I'd probably fall off my chair if I saw how many points that took!

I'll be honest, when I started this thread 43 days ago, I figured there might be half a dozen or so of us. And we've still got 11 months to go!

Missed my DD11 on the roster (lol) I wont tell her you left her out;)

FreezinRafiki
01-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Missed my DD11 on the roster (lol) I wont tell her you left her out;)

Whoops, sorry. Fixed now.
But with a family as big as the Brady Bunch, there's always going to be a "Jan" who gets left out. :confused3

(DD11's name isn't Jan, is it? That would be quite a coincidence!)

DisneyDadC
01-22-2010, 03:14 PM
I saw this over on another page ,it is a little different from my routine but looks like it could be a good ending of an evening.This could make a nice drink around the world menu lol

Canada:
Moosehead Lager or Ice Wine (not sure if that is just F&W or all year available)
UK:
Strongbow or a 1/2 and 1/2 (Guinness and Harp)
France:
If you like a more "fruitty" treat - the Grand Marnier Slush
More traditonal - White Rose Champagne (Imperial Nectar is my favorite) or Pommery
Morocco:
Any of the Wines offered at the Tangerine Cafe
Japan:
Kiran is always a favorite..or "Sake" it to me!
USA:
Sam Adams is my favorite beer....seasonal (white ale,summer ale, ocktoberfest, winter lager) if available, cherry wheat, any of their stouts (if available), Boston Lager is an acceptible backup to anything.
Italy:
Not sure what's going on there currently - i know they have been building a new quick serve. If the wine shop is still there i suggest the "tour" (tasting)...nice selection
Germany:
Spaten - Oktoberfest or Optimator....there's really no discussion on this one
China:
Ok...it's corny...but the Peach Schnaps and Plum Wine Tea Slushes are excellent....Tsing Tsao is also a very smooth beer for consumption
Norway:
Keep it simple...Carlsberg (yeah...which isn't from Norway...but whatever)
Mexico:
Ahhh....the perfect start (or end)....3 flavor Margarita....though the new Tequila Bar inside the pavilion looks like a fine addition to the tour

If I can get a room at the BCV or BWV it will be nice love staying there and walking into the world showcase

dvczerfs
01-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Do what Dave? There are a lot of different things you could be speaking of... I put my pants on the same way you do - one leg at a time. I just couldn't imagine what you are referring to. ;)

Love it! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 this is just too awesome

Kidani Village definitely does. There's a nice little shelter house with 3 charcoal grills, and 3 picnic tables - all right next door to the B-ball court (1/2), the 2 tennis courts and the 2 shuffle board courts. Could make a great breakfast / play time out of it all! There are pics in my LIVE report, but here are a couple now as well.
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0118-00177.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0118-00185.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0118-00187.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0118-00195.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0118-00181.jpg

barry was saying how he has two trips hes working on at the same time and hes getting them mixed up.(the post before) thats what i was talking about, how does stopher do it?, you got 3 - 4 trips at one time on the drawing board.:thumbsup2

dvczerfs
01-22-2010, 04:57 PM

wow!!! thats a crew. you could rent your own bus to go to the parks!!! congrats on the resi!!!:thumbsup2

dvczerfs
01-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I saw this over on another page ,it is a little different from my routine but looks like it could be a good ending of an evening.This could make a nice drink around the world menu lol

Canada:
Moosehead Lager or Ice Wine (not sure if that is just F&W or all year available)
UK:
France:
More traditonal - White Rose Champagne (Imperial Nectar is my favorite) or Pommery
Morocco:
Japan:
USA:
Sam Adams is my favorite beer....seasonal (white ale,summer ale, ocktoberfest, winter lager) if available, cherry wheat, any of their stouts (if available), Boston Lager is an acceptible backup to anything.
Italy:
Not sure what's going on there currently - i know they have been building a new quick serve. If the wine shop is still there i suggest the "tour" (tasting)...nice selection
Germany:
China:
Ok...it's corny...but the Peach Schnaps and Plum Wine Tea Slushes are excellent....Tsing Tsao is also a very smooth beer for consumption
Norway:
Mexico:
Ahhh....the perfect start (or end)....3 flavor Margarita....though the new Tequila Bar inside the pavilion looks like a fine addition to the tour

If I can get a room at the BCV or BWV it will be nice love staying there and walking into the world showcase

:worship: id make it to italy than it wouldnt be drinking around the world for me it would be drinking half way and throwin up the rest of the way. since i quit smoking in 02, i think i have had some wine and maybe 1 beer since then. im not in shape!:lmao:

DisneyDadC
01-22-2010, 05:24 PM
:worship: id make it to italy than it wouldn't be drinking around the world for me it would be drinking half way and throwing up the rest of the way. since i quit smoking in 02, i think i have had some wine and maybe 1 beer since then. im not in shape!:lmao:

See that's were the training comes in,If you can stay at BCV or BWV you can walk in, so it is easy.You start of the week by doing one or two countries a night, each night you add another by end of week you are a pro at it!!! Or you can be like my brother-in-law and pull up a seat at the pub in UK and just stay there for 6 hrs. LOL( he did this last trip).I actually don't get to hit every country:sad2: in one shot but I do try:) to much ESPN zone time stops me from doing it.

DisneyDadC
01-22-2010, 05:26 PM
wow!!! thats a crew. you could rent your own bus to go to the parks!!! congrats on the resi!!!:thumbsup2

My own bus would be great, of course I would share with the Dis Dads

stopher1
01-22-2010, 07:26 PM
barry was saying how he has two trips hes working on at the same time and hes getting them mixed up.(the post before) thats what i was talking about, how does stopher do it?, you got 3 - 4 trips at one time on the drawing board.:thumbsup2

Ahh yes - I did finally see that when I actually read through the pages I'd missed (had just skimmed before).

Well - I do have 3, but I'm sad to say that today at work I saw that the annual end of year meetings are going to coincide with the DIS Dad's trip... so at this point I'm going to have to bow out of that gathering. Which really burns me up...but at the same time - hey, the guys in charge actually made a decision pretty early on this time around. I was happy with that at least. So now I need to find a new timeframe for my Daddy/Daughter trip.

My anniversary trip with DW in March is also in question right now due to some upcoming work travel being planned throughout Feb. & March... so even that is in jeopardy. But, tonight DW asked when we can plan our 2011 dates - so even with some potential changes to 2010 - I'm still looking at 4 or 5 trips in pre-planning right now. Once I get some dates firmed up a bit I'll change my signature.

DisneyDadC
01-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Ahh yes - I did finally see that when I actually read through the pages I'd missed (had just skimmed before).

Well - I do have 3, but I'm sad to say that today at work I saw that the annual end of year meetings are going to coincide with the DIS Dad's trip... so at this point I'm going to have to bow out of that gathering. Which really burns me up...but at the same time - hey, the guys in charge actually made a decision pretty early on this time around. I was happy with that at least. So now I need to find a new timeframe for my Daddy/Daughter trip.

My anniversary trip with DW in March is also in question right now due to some upcoming work travel being planned throughout Feb. & March... so even that is in jeopardy. But, tonight DW asked when we can plan our 2011 dates - so even with some potential changes to 2010 - I'm still looking at 4 or 5 trips in pre-planning right now. Once I get some dates firmed up a bit I'll change my signature.

:sad1::sad1:Oh no there goes our trip reporter:sad2::sad2: who knows maybe thing will change and you will be able to make it.I cant stand when the people in charge of things screw up our plans.I for one know my boss is a j*rk. Oh wait a minute here I am my boss. Well hope things work out for you and you get a good date set for your trip

Disney Commando
01-22-2010, 08:46 PM

Canada:
UK:
France:
Morocco:
Japan:
USA:
Italy:
Germany:
China:
Norway:
Mexico:

WOW! you know your beers! I'm 100% German yet don't drink beer or wine,:lmao: I like a little more pain, I'll be going with the mixed drinks at each stop, I have a iron stomach and can mix well 5-6 hours of sleep ready to go the next day with no hangover ( as long as I stay away form Gin, gives me a headache for some reason):woohoo:

Disney Commando
01-22-2010, 08:50 PM
My guess is you would be talking about the Rt 1 bridge ? If so I am not sure what they do in that junk yard.

Thats the one! I really got to stop there one of these days and find out if they sell.

Disney Commando
01-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Remember the old saying: If it's worth building and you build it, they Will come!

dvczerfs
01-22-2010, 09:31 PM

ahhh, shame your gonna miss december trip. dw allways had a hard time with work for december, shes in h.r and there common reviews were in december.now, they changed it to july, so we can go again in december. we are going in june of 11 and either october or december of 11. i was trying to sneak another one in the summer but w/ work and dd taking course at com. col. it wont happen. so, i just got to be glad for the 3 trips in 2 years.

FreezinRafiki
01-23-2010, 07:35 PM

Bummer, man. I've pulled you off the list - for now. As soon as you tell your that you had plans to meet up with 8 random strangers that you met online, I'm sure he'll have the meetings rescheduled and you can join us again!

stopher1
01-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Bummer, man. I've pulled you off the list - for now. As soon as you tell your that you had plans to meet up with 8 random strangers that you met online, I'm sure he'll have the meetings rescheduled and you can join us again!

:rotfl2: yeah, perhaps that would work - but maybe it would work better if I said "8 random strangers I met online AND THEIR FAMILIES" - making it what, 30 some odd people? :confused3 never know, it might work...

I'll let ya know if it changes - but at this point I'm not counting on it.

tutter99
01-24-2010, 08:56 AM
:rotfl2: yeah, perhaps that would work - but maybe it would work better if I said "8 random strangers I met online AND THEIR FAMILIES" - making it what, 30 some odd people? :confused3 never know, it might work...

I'll let ya know if it changes - but at this point I'm not counting on it.

I'm sure we all have pics of our kid's crying, we could send them in for you to make a collage. Post it on the wall in the office with a sign that reads "December trip canceled, SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!"

Bummer you can't make it but given the number of trips you seem to make, any time I go I probably have about a 20% chance of being there at the same time as you.

DisneyDadC
01-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Testing 123 testing

FreezinRafiki
01-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Testing 123 testing

Coming in loud and clear.

DisneyDadC
01-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Coming in loud and clear.

sorry but I have not seen any new posting to the site which is very weird for us lol.Alos Herd is having problems accessing the site so I thought maybe there were issues

GoHerd1028
01-24-2010, 08:04 PM
I am back and I can now breathe!!! Whew I thought I was going to ahve to call 911 cause I was not able to read the Disboards

DisneyDadC
01-24-2010, 08:22 PM
I am back and I can now breathe!!! Whew I thought I was going to ahve to call 911 cause I was not able to read the Disboards

What was the problem

Disney Commando
01-24-2010, 09:22 PM
What was the problem

something about a search update, I just made it to our reg page.

DisneyDadC
01-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Is anyone nervous about crowd levels for the week we are going based on this yrs crowd for the same week?
I am getting reports of crowd level = to summertime levels.

FreezinRafiki
01-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Is anyone nervous about crowd levels for the week we are going based on this yrs crowd for the same week?

Didn't they have a free dining or 7 for 4 deal going on this past year? That could really affect crowd levels. From what I've been hearing, Disney is trying to "phase out" their discounts this year.

Disney Commando
01-24-2010, 09:38 PM

Not worried

alot cooler then summertime

might be pop warner week but they are busy with there cheering and you don't see them much.:cheer2:

DisneyDadC
01-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Didn't they have a free dining or 7 for 4 deal going on this past year? That could really affect crowd levels. From what I've been hearing, Disney is trying to "phase out" their discounts this year.

yes I hope that, plus the rain outs for the parade taping was the problem this yr, and it does not become a trend for the Dec wks.Don't get me wrong waiting 60 mins for a ride is still better then being at work.Plus it is a little more bearable waiting in line in cooler Dec temps then in hot Aug temps

dvczerfs
01-25-2010, 07:11 AM
last time i was down for these two weeks , the weekends got packed, the locals come in on the weekends but during the week its isnt any worse than october. that was 2007. we get to the parks at rope drop and by 12-1 we head back to okw. than head back to the parks around 4 or so. at rope drop you can get on the most popular rides 3-4 times before theres a line. fast pass and wait for 1 ride and you can get on alot before 10am. there are only a few times of the year i would never go. christams week, easter week, spring break. if you want to see packed, show up the week between christmas and new year. the line for the resort bus's back up to the mk check point.:lmao:

stopher1
01-25-2010, 08:07 AM

They did. They had extended free dining through most of December to keep bookings up. I've read the same things about their goal of phasing out the discounts for 2010 - but - it does remain to be seen how the economy goes through the summer before they fully determine whether or not they will reduce them or continue to offer them.

Disney Commando
01-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Any thoughts on the breakfast idea?:confused3. Would most likely be reasonably easy to pull off and would be a great meet & greet.:woohoo:

DisneyDadC
01-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Any thoughts on the breakfast idea?:confused3. Would most likely be reasonably easy to pull off and would be a great meet & greet.:woohoo:

yea breakfast at your hotel room:banana:How many times do I have to tell you I am flexible, I can make anything happen.Just have to check with the wife first lol:rotfl:
Dave And I will be hitting golf balls back a forth at each other,he is OKW and I SSR

Disney Commando
01-25-2010, 10:53 PM
yea breakfast at your hotel room:banana:How many times do I have to tell you I am flexible, I can make anything happen.Just have to check with the wife first lol:rotfl:
Dave And I will be hitting golf balls back a forth at each other,he is OKW and I SSR

I know your on the same page, seeing if we can get some input from the others. Room would be tight but I would have Rum :lmao:

FreezinRafiki
01-26-2010, 09:27 AM

I like the breakfast idea. Good way to start a day and it should make it easier for everyone to make.

I'll be at Animal Kingdom. I guess I have to put the 3 wood away and pull out the driver if I want to reach you two! :rotfl2:

dvczerfs
01-26-2010, 09:49 AM
I like the breakfast idea. Good way to start a day and it should make it easier for everyone to make.

I'll be at Animal Kingdom. I guess I have to put the 3 wood away and pull out the driver if I want to reach you two! :rotfl2:

dont slice that,it will hit space ship earth!!:lmao:

Disney Commando
02-01-2010, 06:04 PM

I dug something up on this (don't know if it's true or not, but 1 of the Dad's who go before might be able to check it out:confused3)

Toontown opens at 9:45, 1st to arrive at Barnstormer, usually can ride with Goofy.

Stay to the right side of the crowd, most of them will head left to see:tinker: at the Judge's tent.

Now if this is true, and still open when we go, if we get there as soon as it opens :teacher: We might be able to get Goofy to ride with the Dis Dads:woohoo::grouphug:

Emma's Dad
02-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I dug something up on this (don't know if it's true or not, but 1 of the Dad's who go before might be able to check it out:confused3)

Toontown opens at 9:45, 1st to arrive at Barnstormer, usually can ride with Goofy.

Stay to the right side of the crowd, most of them will head left to see:tinker: at the Judge's tent.

Now if this is true, and still open when we go, if we get there as soon as it opens :teacher: We might be able to get Goofy to ride with the Dis Dads:woohoo::grouphug:

THAT is an AWESOME idea! If I were going, I'd vote YES for it!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

DisneyDadC
02-01-2010, 10:21 PM

yes I saw this today also over on the parks page,And yes I do believe he rides on it early.I did see him riding on it once last time I was there ,but wasnt sure if he rode it everyday.

DisneyDadC
02-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Can you imagine the Did Dads and Goofy all riding together.We can have shirts with the Dis Dads Goofy logo on them.Not sure if the Barnstormer will still be there but I sure hope so.Going to do some searches to see if a time frame has been set for it moving.Hopefully they leave it be untill they are close to done the new part then move it,but only time will tell.

Disney Commando
02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
yes I saw this today also over on the parks page,And yes I do believe he rides on it early.I did see him riding on it once last time I was there ,but wasnt sure if he rode it everyday.

I think it might be worth pursuing:woohoo:

Disney Commando
02-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Can you imagine the Did Dads and Goofy all riding together.We can have shirts with the Dis Dads Goofy logo on them.Not sure if the Barnstormer will still be there but I sure hope so.Going to do some searches to see if a time frame has been set for it moving.Hopefully they leave it be untill they are close to done the new part then move it,but only time will tell.

From what I read the Barnstormer is going to stay where it is, Dumbo and Cindy's carousel were going to be moved by the Barnstormer under a tent, but who knows what they will really do. :confused3

tutter99
02-02-2010, 09:43 AM

I'm definitely up for that! I'll put the pic right next to the one of DS on Barnstormer for his first roller-coaster ride.

Disney Commando
02-03-2010, 09:04 PM
My dad always says plan big, so with that in mind, how about we try to be the Grand Marshall's in a parade? This would be the ultimate Dis Dad moment and make Dis Dad history. :cool1:

To make something of this caliber happen it will take a team long term strategy

This is what I was thinking, anyone who will be there for Dec trip when booking anything, when they ask if there is anything else they can help you with? You tell them that you will be there with a group from the Disboards. The Dis Dads and you were wondering how you would go about becoming a Grand Marshall in a parade, they might give us a pointer, won't know, or make a foot note (someone higher up might respond to this)

List your Dis Dad Member # on countdown clock when you will be there (never know who looks at this if they see alot of members at the same time, better the chance)

About 2 months before we go, I'll shoot a couple of emails to some higher ups (I found a list of contacts once I'll find them again) Letting them know who we are, what we stand for, and what we would like to do, hey most of them are Dads too:thumbsup2 hopefully we can get a make it happen contact.

As Barry said " If it's something worth doing, it's worth doing right. "

Remember:TEAM

T - Together

E - Everybody

A - Achives

M - More

:cool1::dance3::thumbsup2:yay::mic::dancer:party:: jumping1:

Can we do it?

Baloo4you
02-11-2010, 06:43 PM
We switched resorts for our stay from CR to AKL. Staying the same amount of time. Can you tell the Saints won the Superbowl, its snowing in south Mississippi. :confused3

Disney Commando
02-11-2010, 07:49 PM
We switched resorts for our stay from CR to AKL. Staying the same amount of time. Can you tell the Saints won the Superbowl, its snowing in south Mississippi. :confused3

WOW! Looking at your sig, you got a whole lot of Disney going on this year!:woohoo:

FreezinRafiki
02-11-2010, 08:35 PM

Noted.
South Mississippi? As in "almost to the Gulf of Mexico" South Mississippi? Woa. :rotfl2:

Baloo4you
02-11-2010, 09:01 PM
WOW! Looking at your sig, you got a whole lot of Disney going on this year!:woohoo:

DW went crazy.;) I'm not saying anything, because it will be fun. Me putting my foot down are the cruises.:rotfl2: It will be our first Disney cruise and we are excited. We got APs again and with the resort discounts you can't beat the price. Plus we can drive, it's only 7 1/2 hours away. They're only young once.:rolleyes1

Baloo4you
02-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Noted.
South Mississippi? As in "almost to the Gulf of Mexico" South Mississippi? Woa. :rotfl2:

Yes as in a bayou across the street:scared1:. Expecting 2 to 3 inches which is extremely rare. Crazy weather. They are closing all the local schools. DW is a teacher so she is happy. I still have to go to work.:confused:

Disney Commando
02-11-2010, 09:43 PM
DW went crazy.;) I'm not saying anything, because it will be fun. Me putting my foot down are the cruises.:rotfl2: It will be our first Disney cruise and we are excited. We got APs again and with the resort discounts you can't beat the price. Plus we can drive, it's only 7 1/2 hours away. They're only young once.:rolleyes1

Good for you my friend:thumbsup2 See you in Dec.:woohoo:

DisneyDadC
02-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Glad to hear you offical Ron:thumbsup2

This calls for a:dance3:

South bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
we're gonna do what they say can't be done.
We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
We are aSouth bound, just watch ol' "Cammando" run.

Keep your foot hard on the pedal.Never mind them brakes.
Let it all hang out 'cause we got a run to make.
The Mouse is a thirsty in Disney, and there's beer in World Showcase.
And we'll bring it back no matter what it takes.

We are a South bound, just watch ol' "Commando" run.

We are a South bound, just watch ol' "Commando" run.

Ol' Smokey's got them ears on and he's hot on our trail.
He aint gonna rest 'til were in jail.
So we got to dodge 'im and we got to duck 'im,
we got to keep that minivan a moving'.
Just put that hammer down and give it hell.

We are a South bound, just watch ol' "Commando" run

Here we go again now it will be stuck in eveyones head

Disney Commando
02-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I've picked our 7 sit downs for our Dec trip, I know it's a little early, but like to have it together for 1st day they take ressies. 4 of them I've never been to before, want to try some new ones so feel free to critic.

1 - 1900 Park Fare Mary Poppins Breakfast - Done this one before Mad Hatter should be a honerary Dis Dad

2- Le Cealler - Never been there

3- Garden Grove at the Swan - Southern BBQ - Never been there

4-Whispering Canyon - Never been there , don't worry I'll ask for ketchup

5- Cape May Breakfast - Done before

6-Chef Mickey - Done before say no more

7 - Boatwright Dining Hall - Never been there

:confused3

DisneyDadC
02-15-2010, 08:02 PM
I've picked our 7 sit downs for our Dec trip, I know it's a little early, but like to have it together for 1st day they take ressies. 4 of them I've never been to before, want to try some new ones so feel free to critic.

1 - 1900 Park Fare Mary Poppins Breakfast - Done this one before Mad Hatter should be a honerary Dis Dad

no Ohanas????:confused3 :thumbsup21,4,5,6, :thumbsup2 even though I never did 2,3,7 I might give up two of them and do the hoopdee do:thumbsup2

Disney Commando
02-15-2010, 08:55 PM
no Ohanas????:confused3 :thumbsup21,4,5,6, :thumbsup2 even though I never did 2,3,7 I might give up two of them and do the hoopdee do:thumbsup2

We were going to do the Stich breakfast, but after comparing menus, Cape May seemed like the better bet.

I have never done the hoopdee do, figure he is still a little young to understand it, but am looking to to do on a future trip, hate to burn 2 credits on something and he dosn't like it. We did CRT 3 times with DS it was good but not worth 2 credits.

Got a kick from from your modifi. to the song:thumbsup2

DisneyDadC
02-16-2010, 12:53 PM
now you got me thinking of some dining plans

GorshGoofy
02-22-2010, 08:47 AM

Le Cellier and Whispering Canyon ... delicious -- incredible -- fantastic -- I'm ready to go back!!! The steak at Le Cellier is great! At Whisping Canyon we had their signature iron skillet dish. They bring you a big cast iron skillet loaded with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, ribs, pulled pork and BBQ chicken. That's preceded by salad and bread and followed by incredible desserts. Yes, do ask for ketchup and drink a lot of tea ... they'll bring more!!!

Disney Commando
02-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Le Cellier and Whispering Canyon ... delicious -- incredible -- fantastic -- I'm ready to go back!!! The steak at Le Cellier is great! At Whisping Canyon we had their signature iron skillet dish. They bring you a big cast iron skillet loaded with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, ribs, pulled pork and BBQ chicken. That's preceded by salad and bread and followed by incredible desserts. Yes, do ask for ketchup and drink a lot of tea ... they'll bring more!!!

Thanks for the input:thumbsup2 I'm looking forward to eating at those 2.

? how long does it take you to walk to Disney:confused3 Do you have someone following you , seems a bit hairy, but God Bless I couldn't do it!

DisneyDadC
02-24-2010, 11:00 AM

? how long does it take you to walk to Disney:confused3 Do you have someone following you , seems a bit hairy, but God Bless I couldn't do it!

Walk to Disney Who is walking?????

FreezinRafiki
02-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Walk to Disney Who is walking?????

Check out the bottom of GorshGoofy's signature. Alabama to Orlando. My guess is he goes through about 4 pairs of shoes!

GorshGoofy
03-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Check out the bottom of GorshGoofy's signature. Alabama to Orlando. My guess is he goes through about 4 pairs of shoes!

LOL! :banana: :rotfl2: At the risk of being clueless I'll say that I walk in my subdivision and count those miles toward my goal of walking to WDW. If you are on I-10 or I-75 and see some guy walking along the interstate ... it's not me!! I prefer a car!! :car:

GorshGoofy
03-01-2010, 07:52 AM

:rotfl2: I'm not walking on that interstate ... with all those idiot drivers out there. No way.

Disney Commando
03-01-2010, 09:39 PM
:rotfl2: I'm not walking on that interstate ... with all those idiot drivers out there. No way.

Thanks for clearing that up! Looking at the sig I thought you really walked there, what a relief alot of people can't drive for ****:lmao::thumbsup2

DisneyDadC
03-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for clearing that up! Looking at the sig I thought you really walked there, what a relief alot of people can't drive for ****:lmao::thumbsup2

I thought the same thing

DisneyFed
03-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Ok, Mikey will be down at some point as the week goes...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

FreezinRafiki
03-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Ok, Mikey will be down at some point as the week goes...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Fantastic! Can you bring enough "Federal Agent" jackets for all of us? Those things must work pretty sweet as FastPasses. :rotfl2:

dvczerfs
03-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Fantastic! Can you bring enough "Federal Agent" jackets for all of us? Those things must work pretty sweet as FastPasses. :rotfl2:

i take a large fed!!!:lmao:

DisneyDadC
03-02-2010, 02:45 PM

Double XL for me please I always wanted a fed jacket

Disney Commando
03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm thinking that around 2 weeks from now, we should start crackin' the stone for the Dec trip, while time is on our side. Plus Barry will have Disney flowing through his blood :goodvibes (and cheeseballs) I think we are all stand up Dads (not stand by's) and together we can accomplish almost anything :thumbsup2
:wishgoal:confused3

GorshGoofy
03-02-2010, 08:35 PM

:rotfl2: Nah, that's too much work! But I did walk about 40 miles while I was at WDW last month.

I need an extra large/short! :laughing:

DisneyDadC
03-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Cant let this board slip away,so I will just say that all is ok my wife got the time off fro this trip!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2Was a little worried with her being out for some time coming up and not having the time.All is good:thumbsup2

Disney Commando
03-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Cant let this board slip away,so I will just say that all is ok my wife got the time off fro this trip!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2Was a little worried with her being out for some time coming up and not having the time.All is good:thumbsup2

Glad to see she got it off:thumbsup2

We have to plan some days and times we can all meet up here, and start to bang out some ideas :grouphug:

DisneyDadC
03-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Glad to see she got it off:thumbsup2

We have to plan some days and times we can all meet up here, and start to bang out some ideas :grouphug:

we will got to give some of these guys time to do a TR for there just ending trips.Then we can hit them up with some plans for Dec

FreezinRafiki
03-15-2010, 09:29 PM

That is good news! Hope her procedure goes well and we all wish her a speedy recovery!

dvczerfs
03-16-2010, 03:25 AM

good to hear!!! hope eveything goes well for her, wish her luck.:thumbsup2

DisneyDadC
03-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Alright guys this page was moving down on the charts so had to give it some life.
Hopefully everyone is trying to figure out what the Dads can do or where to meet ect.Here is another of my thoughts.
Who in the group is planning on doing the MVMCP ? I thought maybe we can all pick one night and meet up for this???? any ideas???

stopher1
03-19-2010, 08:37 PM
I just had to jump in here and say how bummed I am that I won't be there. :sad2:

I keep seeing this thread and thinking there's just got to be some way... if I can find one, I'll make it work. I just don't know how yet. As a certain stuffed with fluff bear says, think, think, think....

DisneyDadC
03-19-2010, 08:53 PM
I just had to jump in here and say how bummed I am that I won't be there. :sad2:

I keep seeing this thread and thinking there's just got to be some way... if I can find one, I'll make it work. I just don't know how yet. As a certain stuffed with fluff bear says, think, think, think....

you can do it Chris.All of us DDC will put our minds to it for ya and we will come up with a way!!!! Power of thinking will prevail.

DisneyFed
03-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Those jackets will get you in trouble!:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

tutter99
03-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Alright guys this page was moving down on the charts so had to give it some life.
Hopefully everyone is trying to figure out what the Dads can do or where to meet ect.Here is another of my thoughts.
Who in the group is planning on doing the MVMCP ? I thought maybe we can all pick one night and meet up for this???? any ideas???

We'll definitely be at it during our trip, sounds like a great idea Fed!

Disney Commando
03-21-2010, 08:25 PM

We will be doing MVMCP:woohoo:since it's hard to get everyone together on here at once, If anyone has ideas,just post them, we can go back to page 1 and list all the ideas on one post, and figure out what things we would like to do from the list:confused3

DisneyDadC
03-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Well I might miss something but I think we have the following ideas listed

Drinking around the world
Take over Barnstormer if still there(or just any ride)
All try to do MVMCP on same night
Golf outing
Meet and greet at ESPN Zone

I think there is more but will have to go back and reread.
I personally like the MVMCP thing ,Its the easiest to plan.Just all pick the same night and we could meet in like the back of the park before it starts.From my past experience that back seemed to clear out pretty much before it starts.Who am I kidding I like all the ideas!!:thumbsup2

FreezinRafiki
03-22-2010, 10:29 AM
We'll be doing MVMCP too, and I like the idea of trying to co-ordinate a date for that.

I've created a section on the bottom the first post to keep a list of event/outing/gathering possibilities. Let me know if I missed any, or if you have any others to add to the list.

DisneyDadC
03-22-2010, 11:17 AM
oh Barry how could I have forgotten the breakfast gathering? Its not like me to forget about food

Disney Commando
03-22-2010, 10:41 PM
-Dis Dad group photo with the Mayor of Disney (our future boss)
-Dis Dad group photo with Santa Goofy
-Dis Dad horse drawn trolly ride down Main Street with Dapper Dan's on the back
-Try to get into a parade with The Dis Dads as the Grand Marrshell's
-Dis Dads open a park
-We could all ride a bus to make sure MAN LAW is being upheld (of course it would have to be a day when Fed is there:lmao:)

FreezinRafiki
03-23-2010, 06:13 AM
-Dis Dad group photo with the Mayor of Disney (our future boss)
-Dis Dad group photo with Santa Goofy
-Dis Dad horse drawn trolly ride down Main Street with Dapper Dan's on the back
-Try to get into a parade with The Dis Dads as the Grand Marrshell's
-Dis Dads open a park
-We could all ride a bus to make sure MAN LAW is being upheld (of course it would have to be a day when Fed is there:lmao:)

Added to the list!

stopher1
03-23-2010, 07:42 AM
We could all ride a bus to make sure MAN LAW is being upheld (of course it would have to be a day when Fed is there:lmao:)

If you all go and take a bus together, with all of your respective family members in tow - you're pretty much going to take majority of the bus by yourselves. :rotfl: Throw in a scooter or wheelchair, and bingo - where will anyone else fit?

Disney Commando
03-23-2010, 12:12 PM
If you all go and take a bus together, with all of your respective family members in tow - you're pretty much going to take majority of the bus by yourselves. :rotfl: Throw in a scooter or wheelchair, and bingo - where will anyone else fit?

Good point :thumbsup2, we would have to split up, maybe 2 or 3 to a bus and compare notes.

oregondaddyof2
03-24-2010, 12:08 AM
I am in on this PTR... I found the club tonight and am liking the idea of this... I will be at WDW from Nov 28 - Dec 7, so not sure if I will actually make the meet, but I will be following this thread... To fill in a little background, my name is Terry (28) and my family consists of DW Toni (29), DS Alec (10) and DD Tailor (6)... You can read my TR from Sept 09 in the links below if you are interested... We will be doing an adults only trip this year and leaving the kids at home with the grandparents...

dvczerfs
03-24-2010, 03:20 AM
I am in on this PTR... I found the club tonight and am liking the idea of this... I will be at WDW from Nov 28 - Dec 7, so not sure if I will actually make the meet, but I will be following this thread... To fill in a little background, my name is Terry (28) and my family consists of DW Toni (29), DS Alec (10) and DD Tailor (6)... You can read my TR from Sept 09 in the links below if you are interested... We will be doing an adults only trip this year and leaving the kids at home with the grandparents...

welcome aboard the bus terry!! :thumbsup2 dont mind the cheese balls on the floor.:thumbsup2

DisneyDadC
03-24-2010, 08:14 AM

Welcome,There are a few guys going the same week as you,and you will be around for a day or two with the main group.So who knows you may be able to join in on something with us.Even if you cant your input on here is always helpfull and welcomed.

oregondaddyof2
03-24-2010, 08:17 AM
welcome aboard the bus terry!! :thumbsup2 dont mind the cheese balls on the floor.:thumbsup2

Thanks... I don't mind at all...

Welcome,There are a few guys going the same week as you,and you will be around for a day or two with the main group.So who knows you may be able to join in on something with us.Even if you cant your input on here is always helpfull and welcomed.

There are some great ideas out there, and I will try to rack my brain for any others that i can think of... Thanks....

FreezinRafiki
03-24-2010, 09:54 AM

Welcome aboard Terry! I added you to the list under the "week before" heading, but we'll try to schedule anything we do for the 5th or 6th so you can be included.

Disney Commando
03-24-2010, 08:35 PM

Glad to see you onboard, hopefully any big event you will be there for it. Any input please feel free to add. This is going to be awesome, I think as a TEAM we can be one of the awe's of the board:thumbsup2

DisneyDadC
03-30-2010, 01:19 PM
trying to give this tread a little life back!! May be adding two more families with me.Not sure what that would make my count now something like 21 people.Do not worry though I will have some time to spare to meet up with my fellow Dads:thumbsup2

erika412
03-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Can you please give it more life by convincing Middlepat that he needs to join you guys (as long as he brings the family, of course.)

DisneyDadC
03-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Can you please give it more life by convincing Middlepat that he needs to join you guys (as long as he brings the family, of course.)

I will gather up the rest of the DDC and see what we can do!:thumbsup2

FreezinRafiki
03-30-2010, 08:00 PM

I've started the ball rolling. :thumbsup2

DisneyDadC
03-30-2010, 09:16 PM

we are working our magic

middlepat
03-30-2010, 09:22 PM

I've started the ball rolling. :thumbsup2

we are working our magic

Um, hi everyone. Sorry to barge in on this trip report, but apparently my presence has been requested here?

I believe that there is a collection plate being passed to appease / quiet my DW. any contributions would be appreciated. :rotfl2:

Emma's Dad
03-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Um, hi everyone. Sorry to barge in on this trip report, but apparently my presence has been requested here?

I believe that there is a collection plate being passed to appease / quiet my DW. any contributions would be appreciated. :rotfl2:

DUDE! I just had a thought. Imagine... all 400 DIS Dads... contribute $10 a month... we could send a family a month to WDW!! :cool1:

Emma's Dad
03-31-2010, 10:31 AM
I'll volunteer to go first... LOL!

that's nice
03-31-2010, 10:32 AM
DUDE! I just had a thought. Imagine... all 400 DIS Dads... contribute $10 a month... we could send a family a month to WDW!! :cool1:
What a great IDEA!!!!!!!!!!

Can I be the first recipient? :confused3:lmao:

that's nice
03-31-2010, 10:33 AM
RATS!!!!!

You beat me to it!!!!!! :badpc::badpc::badpc:

FreezinRafiki
03-31-2010, 10:35 AM

Go first as in submit the first payment? Ok, if that's what you want!

stopher1
03-31-2010, 11:03 AM

Of course Don, if you truly mean per month, then the DDC would actually be able to send 5, 6, 7 or 8 families depending on size, since per month would equal about $32,000 since there's 8 months til December. So with that in mind - I'll take it for the team and volunteer to be one of those recipient families too.

If you really just meant $10 each, then you're right, 1 family since it would only be about $4,000.

:dance3:

stopher1
03-31-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm not committing yet - but I *think* I might have been able to work something out... time will tell, but it's quite possible that I will be able to be there for at least 2 or 3 nights between the 5th & the 9th. No family with me if it happens, but hey, I'll take it if it can work out.

Ryansdad0727
04-02-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm going in December but not until the 18th. I'll hate to miss you guys but maybe one day.

stopher1
04-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm not committing yet - but I *think* I might have been able to work something out... time will tell, but it's quite possible that I will be able to be there for at least 2 or 3 nights between the 5th & the 9th. No family with me if it happens, but hey, I'll take it if it can work out.

I did snag myself a reservation at Kidani Village for 3 nights starting the 5th... just in case - I figured better to have it and cancel later if necessary than not have one at all.

FreezinRafiki
04-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm going in December but not until the 18th. I'll hate to miss you guys but maybe one day.
Bummer. Maybe we'll leave you a little present :)

I did snag myself a reservation at Kidani Village for 3 nights starting the 5th... just in case - I figured better to have it and cancel later if necessary than not have one at all.
That's the way to think!

stopher1
04-02-2010, 04:32 PM

That's the way to think!

Agreed. :santa:

dvczerfs
04-02-2010, 05:05 PM
ok, i got to one of my customers on friday morning and the office girl was dragging out the garbage. there was a 5 foot, pre lit christmas tree she had on the pile. i said, whats wrong with that? she said nothing, do you want it, take it now!!!:lmao: i tossed it in my van.:lmao: now i got to get it down to the size of a duffle bag and it is going with us in december!!!!:woohoo: for you guys that never were down over the holidays, people decorate there rooms and balconies. i usualy buy a tree at the end of the season from walmart and take it down, when were done, i set it by the garbage closet at okw with a free sign on it. the last few times we did it, it only lasted a few hours till someone took it!:lmao: we bring a few decorations and 3 stockings!!:lmao:so, dont forget your trees in december!!!!

Disney Commando
04-02-2010, 09:28 PM

I hope it works out for you, It would be great to have you there:thumbsup2:woohoo:

Disney Commando
04-02-2010, 09:39 PM
ok, i got to one of my customers on friday morning and the office girl was dragging out the garbage. there was a 5 foot, pre lit christmas tree she had on the pile. i said, whats wrong with that? she said nothing, do you want it, take it now!!!:lmao: i tossed it in my van.:lmao: now i got to get it down to the size of a duffle bag and it is going with us in december!!!!:woohoo: for you guys that never were down over the holidays, people decorate there rooms and balconies. i usualy buy a tree at the end of the season from walmart and take it down, when were done, i set it by the garbage closet at okw with a free sign on it. the last few times we did it, it only lasted a few hours till someone took it!:lmao: we bring a few decorations and 3 stockings!!:lmao:so, dont forget your trees in december!!!!

Wow I didn't know that sounds interesting, I'm sure I can find something to bring:woohoo:

It's wierd that stores and companys throw out Christmas trees and decorations every year rather than storing them somewhere, nice to see they have big budgets:lmao: Nice find:thumbsup2

that's nice
04-02-2010, 10:29 PM

Anyone know if I can bring a 5 or 6 foot tree on the plane as a cary-on? :confused3

dvczerfs
04-03-2010, 06:18 AM
i forgot to mention, you can have disney florest set one up in your room for you for a "small" fee. thats how it started with us. dw was looking into having one set up in 05 when we spent christmas eve and christmas day at okw. in the holiday spirit , i was lookin for cheap:lmao:, (christamas at home than 2 days later a two week vacation at wdw, the budget gets strained) :lmao: we were walking around our local walmart and the trees were fairly cheap. so when we got to wdw, we drove off property to get our food at the local publix and we swung by walmart on 192 and got a tree!!! i spent $30!!! :woohoo:

stopher1
04-03-2010, 06:28 AM
for you guys that never were down over the holidays, people decorate there rooms and balconies...

we bring a few decorations and 3 stockings!!:lmao:so, dont forget your trees in december!!!!

i forgot to mention, you can have disney florest set one up in your room for you for a "small" fee.

I've seen this before though we have never personally done it. I do know a bunch of people who go every single December, and now have a dedicated Owner's Locker just for their Christmas decorations. Plus there is a tree exchange thread over on the DVC boards where people sign up to use a tree for their stay then pass it on to the next guest on the list. It is an interesting concept, but pretty cool IMO, especially for those who stay the actual week of Christmas.

Oh and yeah, that "small fee" - it's always amazing what a small fee to normal folks means vs. what small fee means to Disney :lmao:

dvczerfs
04-03-2010, 06:39 AM
I've seen this before though we have never personally done it. I do know a bunch of people who go every single December, and now have a dedicated Owner's Locker just for their Christmas decorations. Plus there is a tree exchange thread over on the DVC boards where people sign up to use a tree for their stay then pass it on to the next guest on the list. It is an interesting concept, but pretty cool IMO, especially for those who stay the actual week of Christmas.

Oh and yeah, that "small fee" - it's always amazing what a small fee to normal folks means vs. what small fee means to Disney :lmao:

:lmao: stopher, when dw called about it and told the cast members what she wanted, which wasnt alot, it was well over $200.00!!:lmao: that was 5 years ago!!!

stopher1
04-03-2010, 06:43 AM
:lmao: stopher, when dw called about it and told the cast members what she wanted, which wasnt alot, it was well over $200.00!!:lmao: that was 5 years ago!!!

I've looked at the Florist's website info before just for fun and wow the prices. I was thinking it was at least a hundred... wow. I can only imagine what it would be now. OUCH.

FreezinRafiki
04-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Anyone know if I can bring a 5 or 6 foot tree on the plane as a cary-on? :confused3

Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

dvczerfs
04-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

:lmao: we drive but i hear they make you empty your pockets, take your shoes off , swab your palms and carry on bags. i would be willing to bet they have started looking there now also.:lmao:"excuse me sir, is that a christmas tree"?:lmao:

Ryansdad0727
04-04-2010, 08:44 AM

That's the way to think!

Yall could send me on my own hidden Mickey treasure hunt. Maybe leave me a Dis Dad's shirt in one of the stores as my prize for following all of the clues correctly.... The possibilities of clues are endless. I'm a 2X by the way.

DisneyDadC
04-04-2010, 06:10 PM

See I told you never give up hope!!The magic of the mouse can do wonders!

Disney Commando
04-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Has anyone heard from Baloo4you , Haven't heard from him in awhile, hope everything is O.K. We have to start working on this big time:woohoo:

FreezinRafiki
04-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Well, now that my March 2010 Trip Report is finished, I'm ready to start planning this vacation pretty hard and heavy.

I certainly don't want to dictate what we do, but since I started this thread, I will volunteer to moderate our discussions, tally votes, etc.

So I guess the first thing we want to decide is what we want to get out of this trip. Based on our list of potential event suggestions on the first post of this thread, we run the gamut from a simple 5 minute handshake and picture to an afternoon on the golf course to an evening around Epcot.

As awesome as it would be to meet and do any of the items on the list, we are all going to be there - first and foremost - on a vacation with our families. (And in my personal situation, we're bringing an old friend and her son, and we want to show them a good Disney time). How much time we want to devote to the Dads meet is going to be a personal decision to each of us. That being said, we may organize several meets throughout the week, with dads/families coming to the ones that suits them best.

Ideally to me, we would all get go to the MVMCP on the same night. We could meet up either at the start of the evening or all gather in the same place for the fireworks. It's flexible enough to accommodate a group of 9 or so families, but not so restrictive that you feel you are missing a portion of your vacation. Disney says tickets will go on sale in "late spring." So it's possible that we will know those dates soon. I don't know when we will know what dates will be available for discounts (DVC member, etc). This also assumes that we are all planning on going to the party - which can be pretty expensive for a larger family.

I also really like the idea of gathering for breakfast one morning. Two potential hurdles for this, though: 1. Rope Drop. Many of us like to hit the parks at rope drop, and with morning EMHs this can be as early as 8 am, meaning we would probably have to gather by around 7.
2. Transportation. Finding a suitable meeting place could be challenging that early, especially since many of us will have to rely on Disney Transportation. With proper planning, I'm sure we could work around these obstacles if this is something we want to do.

So those two would get my votes. Let us know what you think.

Most of us are arriving between December 3rd and 5th, so the 180 day ADR windows open between June 6th (a Sunday) and June 8th. If you are like my family, we'll plan our park days around ADRs. I would assume we would like to have a rough idea of what we are doing by this time so we can start making ADRs and getting the rest of our days planned.

Disney Commando
04-12-2010, 07:35 PM
I was thinking along the same line, Some of the families (wives):lmao: might have a problem with hanging out with the Dads all the time.

The group photos are good since they can be takin' then anyone who wants to go on there own can do so, the group rides are also quick.

As far as the breakfast, we could always turn it into a brunch or a lunch:confused3

dvczerfs
04-13-2010, 10:10 AM
even the mvmcp will be hard, we always go the ap holder night. (they only sell certain pins on that night etc..) we have another couple with us also. the guys who met up all ready know how hard it was just getting 2 people together. just my op, i think we should at least try to pick a day and time and place to meet up for a pic and a hand shake than after that we will have to see if who ever does what event does that event?:confused3 (the pic thing i would stay away from meal times and rope drops, that seams to be where we are all going to bo in dif. directions)

DisneyDadC
04-13-2010, 11:07 AM
What does everyone do at night? What I mean by this is in Dec the parks close early.So what does everyone do during the evening hours? How would an evening meet and greet work for everyone?I know sometime my wife and I would get the kids settled in and then hit espn zone for some wings.Not sure if this would work for everyone or not,but if we did an evening thing it really would not take time away from family for us.any thoughts?

I think what we need to do is for the guys going to give a brief summary of who they are traveling with and their trip plans.For example touring style what you want to get in your trip etc. Knowing other style will help us plan something

DisneyDadC
04-13-2010, 11:35 AM
I will start of by saying.I will be traveling with my family (listed in sig),My mother and Step Father,my Mother-in-law,my Sister-in-law and her husband and son.My father may meet up with us for a day or two while there.Though we are all there we dont always all stay together,we go off on our own ways sometimes as families.

My family will be getting park hoppers for the length of our trip.We are very laid back in our park scheduling,as matter of fact we schedule nothing.We just wing it day by day night by night.For the most part we decide night before which part to hit in am,We usually got to that park until lunchtime then head back to resort to eat and swim and just do whatever.Then we try to go back to a park later in evening to finish out the night.In Dec if we can get our rooms changed over to the BBW or BCV we will do more Epcot (because your right there)This is usually our afternoon place to go,as we like to go in and visit the story tellers.We just do a couple each night( the kids also enjoy doing the masks).So in short we are freestylers,the only thing I think we are definitely planning is the MVMCP

As for dinning we basically just eat on the fly or back at room.We really only do one or two sit down meals a trip maybe breakfast,maybe dinner.Ohanas,cape May,Chef Mickeys,Briergarten ok so thats more then 2 ,but we dont always do all of these these are the four we try to do.

Activities for us vary,sometime my wife will take girls and do something with them and I will take boys and do something ( boys don't like girlie things)Some trips I get out and golf especially if my older son makes the trip with us.Again all in all we plan nothing and wing it.

ps I forgot to mention we are driving,So if the Dads want to do an evening thing after the kids are settled I would be willing to offer my time and vehicle to pic up dads at their hotel lobbies( reference trip title let the party bus roll )

Goofy + 3
04-13-2010, 12:06 PM
What does everyone do at night? What I mean by this is in Dec the parks close early.So what does everyone do during the evening hours? How would an evening meet and greet work for everyone?I know sometime my wife and I would get the kids settled in and then hit espn zone for some wings.Not sure if this would work for everyone or not,but if we did an evening thing it really would not take time away from family for us.any thoughts?

I think what we need to do is for the guys going to give a brief summary of who they are traveling with and their trip plans.For example touring style what you want to get in your trip etc. Knowing other style will help us plan something

Good idea.
Our trip will be me, wife, and the two big kids. DW and I haven't been there since 2002 and the kids have never been. Since we don't know when our next trip will be, we'll be cramming as much Disney-goodness in to each day as possible. Stressful, but tough to avoid when you don't know when your return trip will be. I mention this because it would probably be a bad idea for me to carve out disdad time during the day - we'll be busy and trying to coordinate a meet with the family in tow won't work for me - not on this trip, anyway.

However, our kids are used to going to bed pretty early - around 7:30. I know the fatigue of running around the parks and potential naps may throw this off a bit, but they'll still be in bed at a decent hour. This frees me up at night. Since we're staying at BWV, I like the idea of the ESPN zone. Very conventient for me. You all may like that as well, since that is where the free bevearge (1) of your choice will be awaiting you.:drinking1

We would probably be out if it's a breakfast meet. We'll probably be hitting as many rope drops as possible. We haven't even thought about MVMCP yet. What's it cost?

FreezinRafiki
04-13-2010, 01:05 PM
We haven't even thought about MVMCP yet. What's it cost?

I believe tickets are usually in the $50 range. The party starts at 7:00 (but your ticket will get you to the Magic Kingdom starting at 4:00). There are Christmas parades, shows, fireworks, character greetings, free cookies and hot chocolate. Plus most of the big rides are open until midnight.

FreezinRafiki
04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
My traveling party will be myself, DW our kids (DD 6 and DS4) along with an old friend and her DS6. It will be their first trip - we're veterans.
We're in a similar boat as Chris - we don't know when (or if) our friends will be back to WDW, so we want to show them as much as we can. Typically we would hit the parks at or near rope drop and go until park close. We usually don't go back to the hotel, but we will find areas to take a little break in the park so we don't get too warn out. This could all change, though, as our friend does have some mobility issues (bad knees).
We are staying Sunday - Thursday nights at AKV. Planning a day in each park, plus one at Downtown Disney / around the resort. Hoping for ADRs at CRT, Whispering Canyon, Ohana.
Depending on how our ARDs fall, I could swing an evening at ESPN.

Goofy + 3
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
At that point in the season, the NFL has Thursday night games as well as Sunday and Monday nights. If the games look compelling, we could choose one of those nights. Just a thought... (Go Bears.)

stopher1
04-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Of course my traveling party makes my flexibility a bit easier, since if I do end up going at that time (which I am planning on), I'l be staying at AKV and it will just be me. I'll be there from Sunday afternoon - Wednesday afternoon... and am open to pretty much whatever. BUT, the variable for me comes in that the WL Groupies are also having a meet during that time that I want to go to, since about 12 of us will be there all during the same timeframe. The date hasn't been firmed up yet on that side either. So just think of me, and know that I'd love to meet up with any of you - and will have a bit of flexibility as well. I do have an AP so that should help if needed, but I'm not sure I would fork out the money for MVMCP for just me. I've done it before. If my kids were there, who haven't experienced that yet, then sure, but just me, I'm not so posiitive. But there are a few weeks yet before those dates get released and I might change my mind.