PDA

View Full Version : I come begging for help :)

hipchickie
12-09-2009, 10:14 PM
I have never stayed offsite, but am debating it for our upcoming trip in Jan.
I started looking, but holy cow - so many!!! and I can't find a site that sorts them by the amenities we want.

Anyone have a suggestions for a hotel that is reasonably close, and must have shuttle and micro and fridge in the room. A pool and free breakfast would be a nice perk too.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Kay1
12-10-2009, 04:25 AM
I have never stayed offsite, but am debating it for our upcoming trip in Jan.
I started looking, but holy cow - so many!!! and I can't find a site that sorts them by the amenities we want.

Anyone have a suggestions for a hotel that is reasonably close, and must have shuttle and micro and fridge in the room. A pool and free breakfast would be a nice perk too.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

We just stayed at the Hawthorne Suites in Lake Buena Vista. They had all things you want, plus it's a true suite with 2 TVs, a fuller kitchen, and free beer, wine, soda and chips most nights.

hipchickie
12-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the tip - unfortunately I forgot the most important part!
Has to be cheap, under $60/night preferably

Anyone know one that is in walking distance to DTD? Maybe that would be a option, instead of one with a shuttle

Purseval
12-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Nothing not in DTD is really within walking distance unless you are a very good walker and are prepared to walk a mile or 2 AFTER a long day of walking around WDW. As for finding everything you want for under $60, try being more realistic. You either have to pay more for exactly what you want or bid less and hope for the best. Unless you run into a special you won't get both. Sign up for email specials from all of the travel sites and read up on possibles.

hipchickie
12-10-2009, 09:44 AM
I think anyone reading that would rationally know that I was not talking about a 1-2 mile walk :lmao:

Since we are already booked into CBR at $100/night, staying offsite would have to present a significant cost saving to make up for any additional hassle.

I am guessing that you are not really familiar with room rates in January, because there is a lot out there in the $60 range, no need to be "realistic". Just looking from input from people who have stayed in one and have a recommendation, or know the layout of the area better than I.

Darcy03231
12-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Having stayed off-site and used a hotel shuttle service once before, I really don't recommend it. In fact, we ended up renting a car after the first two days. Hotel shuttle services usually run only a couple times in the morning and a couple of times around park closing. The hotel we stayed at contracted a bus with other hotels so we also made stops at other hotels for pick up/drop off. We found the service to be very inconvenient - not like the WDW on-site bus service at all.

Indiana Rose Lee
12-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Having stayed off-site and used a hotel shuttle service once before, I really don't recommend it. In fact, we ended up renting a car after the first two days. Hotel shuttle services usually run only a couple times in the morning and a couple of times around park closing. The hotel we stayed at contracted a bus with other hotels so we also made stops at other hotels for pick up/drop off. We found the service to be very inconvenient - not like the WDW on-site bus service at all.

I would second this. The shuttles are limited everywhere, to the best of my knowledge.

Isn't there a sale at the comfort inn, lake buena vista listed on this board?

hipchickie
12-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Thank you both!
I am thinking that maybe it is just not worth it for the few dollars savings. We do enjoy the EMH, and I have no desire to drive.

Disneyland had a lot of hotels in walking distance, and with regular shuttle service. I am just not familiar with what is available in the same capacity at WDW - sounds like nothing ;)

I think we will just stay put and find a little savings elsewhere

Thanks again!

Indiana Rose Lee
12-10-2009, 01:04 PM
big time difference between DL and WDW! I guess that was the purpose, lol.

englishteacha
12-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Comfort Inn LBV was running a $29 special.

We're staying in a condo next June for around $55 a night, but there's no shuttle and we will happily be driving a rental car.

southcarolinagirl
12-11-2009, 03:08 PM
That is a great price on a condo, do you mind sharing which one? Was it thru a private individual?

Purseval
12-12-2009, 06:35 PM
I think anyone reading that would rationally know that I was not talking about a 1-2 mile walk :lmao:

You're the one who asked. The only close ones aren't going to have the amenities you asked for.

I am guessing that you are not really familiar with room rates in January, because there is a lot out there in the $60 range, no need to be "realistic". Just looking from input from people who have stayed in one and have a recommendation, or know the layout of the area better than I.

I'm guessing that you haven't found anything yet. Like I said, there are plenty of inexpensive hotels. But for someone who came begging for help you're a pretty choosy beggar and you aren't going to find something that meets all of your criteria for that price. Do yourself a favor, stay in CBR and pretend you got a deal :rotfl2:

spiceycat
12-12-2009, 08:56 PM
well if you want to save money might consider one of the value resorts instead of a moderate.

the bus service offsite - either does not exist or is pretty bad.

either it stops at other hotels or/and it only comes a few times in the morning for going to the parks. and a few times in the evening for returning.

WDW is much, much bigger and spread across a wide area of land - DL is tiny in comparision.

hipchickie
12-14-2009, 09:18 AM
well if you want to save money might consider one of the value resorts instead of a moderate.

I am so glad you posted this!
Last time I checked prices, the only special was moderates and above, and the price difference was very little. I just checked again and now the values are on discount too :thumbsup2 Saved $600 :goodvibes Thanks!!