PDA

View Full Version : Recent Stays at Comfort Inn, LBV

bethanysmom
12-09-2009, 07:50 PM
We are looking at booking this hotel for our gymnastics group in January. Can anyone give up to date info. on the hotel and quality of your stay. Thx in advance!!

dyna
12-10-2009, 01:54 AM
We stayed a few nights in June hotel was comfy for what we needed place to sleep shower an dress. Request rooms on parking lot side of buildings other side is on I4 n very noisy.

This hotel no longer has a free continel breakfast but does have a breakfast buffet that costs a few dollars ponderosa is cheaper tho for same kind of food on their buffet.

travelin' tigger
12-10-2009, 07:37 AM
We are looking at booking this hotel for our gymnastics group in January. Can anyone give up to date info. on the hotel and quality of your stay. Thx in advance!!
I have stayed here a number of times over the years, the most recent being the end of Sept. Always had a clean room, even though they've been a little worn, but I talked to the front desk at the beginning of this week and was informed all rooms have been renovated.

Will report back when I get home next week. :santa:

Calle&Jakesmom
12-10-2009, 08:16 AM
I got a great deal on this hotel and am staying in Feb. I posted a thread looking for reviews and input. For the most part it sounds like it will be okay.

See the posts from that thread for more info: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2332777

Let us know how your stay is. Hope it is good for you!

A Mickeyfan
12-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Most rooms have been renovated in the last few months. I want to say they are nearly completed with all four bldgs now.

travelin' tigger
12-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Most rooms have been renovated in the last few months. I want to say they are nearly completed with all four bldgs now.
The resort is now completely renovated. Just back from a stay in room 4309 - a king bed. The room was great. There are now sliding dividers between the bedroom and the vanity area, then a door between the toilet/tub and the vanity. The furniture has a large armoire, dresser and desk, and the vanity area has a nice sink area with separate stand with the fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The only original thing was the TV, but that was fine with me - not in the room to watch alot of TV!!

glenpreece
12-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the update!!! going to be there for NYE

Calle&Jakesmom
01-18-2010, 11:16 AM
I just found some info on a web-site for this hotel that seems to imply there are "family semi-suites." The postings are old, 2009 prior to end of renovation. I wonder if they still have the suites or of they were done away with when the hotel was renovated.

The suites look nice with some extra space & bunk beds for the kids. Anyone know anything about these rooms?

dizcrazee
02-05-2010, 10:17 AM
For those that have stayed here recently (since the renovations), did the mattresses, bedding, and carpeting all seem to be new, or was it just the furniture that was new? I've read some older reviews which mention bed bugs that have me a little scared. :eek:

Calle&Jakesmom
02-05-2010, 10:24 PM
For those that have stayed here recently (since the renovations), did the mattresses, bedding, and carpeting all seem to be new, or was it just the furniture that was new? I've read some older reviews which mention bed bugs that have me a little scared. :eek:

Me too! As our stay gets closer- 2 weeks!:cool1:- I am getting more & more nervous about the hotel! Our first time off site in 15 years!! Our kids' first time off site ever! I've seen the "bed-bug" reviews too. I hope with the renovations there was new bedding.

singnring
02-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Multiple stays here for myself and family.

Happy each time.

If you are looking for the Ritz, don't stay here.

If you're looking for a clean affordable room very close to WDW, this is it!

Each room has a mini fridge & MW, hence, the "suite" classification.

Outside of that, it's a regular hotel room.

For the money, esp if you get the $29/nt rate, it's a great value.

singnring
02-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Me too! As our stay gets closer- 2 weeks!:cool1:- I am getting more & more nervous about the hotel! Our first time off site in 15 years!! Our kids' first time off site ever! I've seen the "bed-bug" reviews too. I hope with the renovations there was new bedding.

When we were there in Sep/Oct, we saw the rooms being renovated. They were hauling out bedding and all.
HTH!

DannyDisneyFreak
02-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Any pics from a recent stay of the renovated rooms?

lady browning
02-06-2010, 04:21 AM
Sorry no pics but the bedding is all brand new and the beds were heavenly! Slept like a baby with my ear plugs in. I was on the I-4 side but it didn't bother me a bit with the earplugs. Room was clean, and comfortable and you couldn't beat the $29/night deal!

DannyDisneyFreak
02-08-2010, 01:18 AM
For those who have stayed and gotten the great deals where did you find the deal? $39 and $29 a night is amazing!

cbg1027
02-08-2010, 02:38 AM
For those who have stayed and gotten the great deals where did you find the deal? $39 and $29 a night is amazing!

They just had the $39 rate on bookit.com for a few days. That sale is over now, but it comes up occasionally, so keep watching. That's where I've seen it with the $29 rate too.

I saw it a few days ago on 1800hotels.com for $43, but they charge you more than bookit.com for cancellations.

southcarolinagirl
02-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Says it is still good til Feb 8 at midnight

http://www.bookit.com/us/florida/orlando/hotels/comfort-inn-lake-buena-vista/?roomId=STANDARD&fd=2010-07-02&td=2010-07-10&rm=1&ap1=2&mp1=1&ar1m1=9&tripType=hotel#

mamalle
02-09-2010, 08:01 PM
can I request a king bed? dd and I are going in a few weeks and only need one. since I dont see her sleeping in her own bed..

southcarolinagirl
02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
I dont see why not, cant hurt to ask. Also, when I was making reservations there was a place to put in requests.

klj27
02-10-2010, 01:27 PM
We booked this hotel for July and my husband has been reading reviews online. He saw a couple of reviews from the fall where people said their rooms had bedbugs. :eek: Have any disers experienced this?

Emme
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
I know, I was going to book this hotel for March and just read on TripAdvisor a family came home with lice recently...let's hope these conditions weren't caused by the hotel directly but I am not comfortable:confused3

southcarolinagirl
02-10-2010, 08:05 PM
They recently renovated this hotel & changed out all bedding according to a previous poster, so I would think that the hotel is clean.

Zoebear
02-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Deal is still on through bookit.com

I got two nights in early June for less than $100. Suits my purposes for our extra day at Sea World and Downtown Disney.

A little nervous about those negatives being posted, but if I'm not comfortable I'll just leave and am only out $100. I think it should be fine now after the renos :surfweb::confused3

mousetravel
02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
A little nervous about those negatives being posted,

I don't worry much about the negative posts. I stayed there last year, before the renovations, and we were fine. The only problem we had was with the traffic noise, so when we go back this year, I'm requesting parking lot view.

There's negative reviews posted about almost any and every hotel out there, so I don't really go by that.
There's even bad reviews out there for the Grand Floridian!

Monkeyfeet
02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh good to hear the positive comments.

Khill
02-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Booked this hotel for $39 plus tax last night on Bookit.com. Offer is still up there.:banana:

Zoebear
02-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Sounds good! Thanks for the reassurance:lovestruc

mamalle
02-12-2010, 08:10 AM
I called the reservations to reserve a king bed and told her about the comment about the lice. she also was surprised and said they underwent the huge renovation.

southcarolinagirl
02-12-2010, 08:16 AM
There is no way to prove this person got lice from the hotel, one of her children could have already had it when they went or maybe trying on hats somewhere. I would take the comments with a grain of salt especially considering the new bedding, etc.

Aimeedyan
02-12-2010, 08:26 PM
We stayed there over Christmas for part of our stay - we usually stay onsite, and did stay at a value our first night, and their renovated rooms blew away a value room. SO NICE. We had a great stay.

Our room even faced the freeway and the noise didn't bother us.

I got in on their anniv special last summer and paid a crazy low rate ($120 total with tax for 6 nights).

Calle&Jakesmom
02-12-2010, 11:05 PM
One week and a day from tonight we'll be checking in!:)
I'm looking at all the reviews and thinking (hoping) that there must be just as much good as there is disappointment.
This will be my kids first ever stay off site and the first time my husband & I have stayed off site since our engagement 17 years ago :sad2: (can't believe it's really been that long!!)
Anyway- we know we are checking into "just a hotel" and have no big expectations except for a comfortable place to lay our heads at the end of the day (with a fridge & microwave).

mamalle
02-13-2010, 11:07 AM
we are checking in the following week on the 26th. this will be a first for us also staying off property..

dgr1973
02-13-2010, 11:51 AM
We stayed for 6 nights this past November and it was great! The room was new the staff was very nice and the hotel was very quiet. Out room faced the pool so I guess it was facing the traffic also and it never bothered us. We are an on the go family, at the parks from open to close so it suited our needs well. Actually we are thinking about going down again this year in November and we are thinking of staying again but not sure because we want to do Universal instead of Disney and I'm not sure how far it is from Universal.

southcarolinagirl
02-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Looks to be about 11 miles from Universal, about 15 minutes, not bad.

kasdancer
02-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Just returned yesterday from a 7 night stay. The rooms are renovated, the only thing original is the tv, toilet and tub. New vanities and area for the frig and microwave. We have stayed there many times before the renovations and it has always been clean but the renovations made it nicer than a Disney Value Resort. I was very impressed with the renovations and will continue to stay here especially at the $29 rate if it is available!

mamalle
02-21-2010, 03:19 PM
thanks for the info. we arrive on friday..

Plannin'Shannon
02-21-2010, 09:02 PM
I just ran across these pictures from our most recent stay at Comfort Inn, LBV, and thought I'd share them.:goodvibes These are from December 2009.

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009050.jpg

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009051.jpg

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009052.jpg

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009053.jpg

These are the sliding privacy doors that separate the bedroom from the bathroom.
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009054.jpg

Coffeemaker, microwave, mini-fridge
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009055.jpg

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009056.jpg

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009057.jpg

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009060.jpg

Poor Lydon. I took these pictures at around 1am and he had absolutely no idea why I felt the need to document the interior of our room at that hour. :rotfl:
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009061.jpg

Inside of the armoire with full-length mirror
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009062.jpg

Iron with ironing board
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009063.jpg

And finally, the view from our room the next morning
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/SASE1113/DecemberinDisney2009064.jpg

mamalle
02-21-2010, 09:44 PM
thanks for posting the photos.. you cant beat the price!

Plannin'Shannon
02-21-2010, 11:02 PM
thanks for posting the photos.. you cant beat the price!

No problem. :goodvibes And you sure can't. I wish they'd release that deal again!

Zoebear
02-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks so much for posting these. I feel great about our 2 night stay in early June !:cloud9:

4wigwams
02-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Just got $39 rate on bookit.com.

mousetravel
02-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks for posting the pictures! I was wondering what the inside of the armoir looked like. We stayed there last year, and will be staying there again this year. I'm excited about the room renovations!

Plannin'Shannon
02-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks so much for posting these. I feel great about our 2 night stay in early June !:cloud9:

Thanks for posting the pictures! I was wondering what the inside of the armoir looked like. We stayed there last year, and will be staying there again this year. I'm excited about the room renovations!

Glad I could help! :goodvibes

DannyDisneyFreak
02-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Thank you so much for the pics!

Calle&Jakesmom
02-26-2010, 09:26 AM
We're here now- checking out tomorrow :sad1:. The room looks just like the pictures posted. It's a good size roo and the beds have clean, new sheets and they are comfortable! Got the room for $29 a night and can't believe the deal! We visited the in-laws at Port Orleans the other day and their room was about the same size, but not a updated and nice as ours at the Comfort Inn LBV. Only kind of worn/old areas are the doors to the rooms and the outer walkways outside the rooms, but no big deal. Check in was smooth- they actually quickly took care of a problem we had and didn't charge us for one of the nights. Location is close to DTD and easy drive anywhere we want to go!

klj27
02-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks so much for posting your review! Do you mind sharing what the issue was that got you the comped night?

Calle&Jakesmom
02-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks so much for posting your review! Do you mind sharing what the issue was that got you the comped night?

Long, miserable story- here's the short-ish version: my husband & I both got an awful stomach bug on the way down (driving! uggh!) and since I knew we wouldn't make it there for our first night I called to let them know. I didn't call early enough to expect to cancel with a refund, but just wanted to make sure they knew we were still coming and to hold our room for the next day. The woman I spoke to when I called put me on hold three times and kept telling me she was alone & dealing with an emergency 911 phone call. When I hung up with her I had a feeling she didn't really get all of my info and that she might not take care of our reservation. When we got there to check in, I found out I was right. Our reservation showed up as a "no show" and as a result was canceled for the rest of our stay. I spoke to the manager who was very quick to help out and assure me we would get our room & rate and took care of everything for us.

klj27
02-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Long, miserable story- here's the short-ish version: my husband & I both got an awful stomach bug on the way down (driving! uggh!) and since I knew we wouldn't make it there for our first night I called to let them know. I didn't call early enough to expect to cancel with a refund, but just wanted to make sure they knew we were still coming and to hold our room for the next day. The woman I spoke to when I called put me on hold three times and kept telling me she was alone & dealing with an emergency 911 phone call. When I hung up with her I had a feeling she didn't really get all of my info and that she might not take care of our reservation. When we got there to check in, I found out I was right. Our reservation showed up as a "no show" and as a result was canceled for the rest of our stay. I spoke to the manager who was very quick to help out and assure me we would get our room & rate and took care of everything for us.

So sorry you both got sick. :( It sounds like the manager fixed the situation!

mamalle
03-01-2010, 05:38 PM
got back yesterday. both teams stayed here and it was fine.. rooms were just as described and photographed. My tub didnt work due to the stopper which wasnt a big deal. My biggest issue was the skeevy ( is that even a word?) stairwells.. we used the stairs alot since the elevator took awhile and they were dirty! did pick a parking lot view and thank god.. we had someone in the party that changed rooms the 1st night due to the noise of 1-4.. check in was fine besides the construction going on. cannot comment about the food as we didnt eat. The staff was really nice even let our girls practice after breakfast was served and we had a cake there after dinner one night in the restaurant.. great price for $29 per night for sure.. ;)

dreamer423
03-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Would you say its safe, well lit for 1 mom, 1 kid? (we had a not so good experience once at another just off highway motel)?

Triple O.G.
03-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Would you say its safe, well lit for 1 mom, 1 kid? (we had a not so good experience once at another just off highway motel)?

Well, I stayed there with just my mom (granted I'm 29 and she's been 39 for a while, LOL)in January. But in all seriousness the location seemed very safe. Security was onsite and visible, there is a guard at the entrance who checks whether or not you are a guest, and management was quick to respond to all requests. I would recommend if they try to sale you a "pool view", you go with the parking lot view instead, as the pool faces the highway. Also ask to be close to the front desk if possible. We had a first floor parking view room, and would pull up directly in front of our room.

mamalle
03-02-2010, 11:49 AM
kinda dark IMO. we were the 1st room on the 5th floor building 2 facing the parking lot. I did say that to some other parents that there should be more light on our floor. it was just my daughter and I also.

MouseketeerOvaHere
03-13-2010, 03:34 AM
Stayed here for 2 nights earlier this week. I used bookit.com and got the $39 deal. For the price it was ok, but if I had to pay the $75+ they charge normally, I would seek out another hotel. I stayed in 1312 (3rd floor- I-4 side) and didn't get much sleep due to the highway noise. Even though the highway is a good 100 yards+ away, it sounded like the vehicles were in the room with me. So Loud! The fridge was not cool at all and the heater ran but put out no heat. There was one night it dropped down pretty chilly and I had to use the blanket from the other bed on top of the one that was on the bed I was using. The hotel staff were friendly and informative and I loved the fact of the hotel having 24 hour security. Overall, I would rate the hotel a 6-7. I beds were comfy, but the noise took away from that comfort.

Calle&Jakesmom
03-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Lots of people have commented about the I-4 noise. We stayed in a room facing I-4 and I didn't find the sound to be a problem. With the air conditioner/fan running, we couldn't hear it at all. When it was not running, it was sort of a "white noise" background sound, but nothing that disturbed our sleep.
I think how much the noise bothers you will vary from person to person. I just wanted to add my two cents from our stay.

AllesonWonderland
03-16-2010, 10:11 AM
For those suggesting asking for a parking lot view...do you call ahead of time to make that request, or just do it when you're checking in? My brother and his wife will be staying here 1 night after our family WDW vacation...got the bookit deal.

klj27
03-16-2010, 10:28 AM
For those suggesting asking for a parking lot view...do you call ahead of time to make that request, or just do it when you're checking in? My brother and his wife will be staying here 1 night after our family WDW vacation...got the bookit deal.

I made the request when I made my reservation through bookit. I believe there was a section for comments or requests.

MouseketeerOvaHere
03-17-2010, 03:35 AM

Well, I had requested on the reservation to have a parking lot view, but upon checking in around 4:30pm, the front desk said the room was not ready. She then assigned me to another room. I usually don't have a problem with background noise so I went with the highway side. After a long day hanging out with my cousins at their Disney Resort I came back to the noise and just could not get comfortable. I should also mention that it was Bike Week so that may have added to the extremeness of the noise, but the semi's were just as prevalent. Like I said, for the rate I got, I was more than pleased. It's just that without the noise, I would have rated the hotel higher. Good luck.

mamalle
03-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I did the morning of since the other parent called me and complained about it since they had checked in the previous night.. It was fine for $65 for two nights.. clean room.. Im going to try the castle doubletree though for our next trip for $49 per night.

guru
03-27-2010, 10:50 AM
we actually got married at this hotel, albeit 8 years ago now. It was fantastic, really discreet and just what we wanted. We made some friends for life through the contacts we made when planning the wedding and will definately stay there again.
The hotel is not the Ritz, but it is clean and tidy and the staff are great. It was definately in need of a renovation, and I was so pleased to read that it has been renovated now. We are visiting with friends in 2012 so we will stay at the CI I think!!
:rotfl:

Luvchefmic
03-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I stayed there a weekend in Sept. the bed was comfortable (more than the one at our house :lmao:) all appeared new, bedding etc. Got the $29.00 rate through www.travelzoo.com

LJC1861
03-29-2010, 03:26 PM
I stayed here for one night 3/20/10. We asked for ( at check in) and received the coveted parking lot view on the ground floor in building 1. The room was very nicely appointed, but a bit on the smallish side. The room had a nice sized fridge and a microwave. It was immaculately clean.

My only criticism is the poor TV reception. Every channel, and they didn't get many was fuzzy. It was not much of an issue as we were really not watching much, but for a newly renovated room to have such poor quality TV's was a bit disconcerting.

I liked the security gate and the front desk staff were quick, efficient and friendly. We did not eat at the on site restaurant so I cannot speak to that.

Linda

anl
03-30-2010, 03:07 PM
We're booked here for our Nov trip. I haven't stayed offsite since I was little, and I'm getting nervous. Would feel better if it was a condo or something. So just wondering...Is this comparable to a value at Disney (minus theme)? Just trying to get an idea b/c people have different opinions of what's nice and not so nice.

AllesonWonderland
03-30-2010, 03:19 PM
My brother stayed there on Sunday. He said he was glad he only paid the $39 for it...wouldn't advise paying much more. Of course, he was somewhat spoiled because we had spent the week in a 6 bedroom house at Windsor Hills.

hannahmouse
03-30-2010, 05:57 PM
We're booked here for our Nov trip. I haven't stayed offsite since I was little, and I'm getting nervous. Would feel better if it was a condo or something. So just wondering...Is this comparable to a value at Disney (minus theme)? Just trying to get an idea b/c people have different opinions of what's nice and not so nice.

my boyfriend and I were there 3/14-3/17 and personally I found the beds much more comfortable than the ones I slept on at Pop. I am rather picky about beds- I prefer SOFT- and the Pop ones were rocks to me & left my spine achy. Also, more TV channels. Ours was fuzzy too, but we jiggled the TV and cable cord a little and it fixed it. BF hated the Disney cable at Pop. Downsides to Comfort Inn, I'd say the possibility of noise if you're on the interstate side (we were on the parking lot side) and having to pay for parking at Disney. Really, other than that I'd say it's comparable. I don't know if I'd pay the $70ish rack rate for it though- I could find a hotel with more to offer for that price (at least free breakfast!)

travelin' tigger
03-31-2010, 07:43 AM
My only criticism is the poor TV reception. Every channel, and they didn't get many was fuzzy. It was not much of an issue as we were really not watching much, but for a newly renovated room to have such poor quality TV's was a bit disconcerting.
The TVs were the only thing I saw in the room that were not replaced or upgraded and this was my only complaint after staying in a renovated room. The one I had was horrible - I checked in after 10pm, due to a late flight and when I turned on the TV, there was no sound except for an occasional buzzing noise. Since it was so late there was nothing they could do that night, but someone came the next day and it was better, but still not great.

mamalle
03-31-2010, 09:46 PM
our TV worked fine. no issues there at all..

mousetravel
04-02-2010, 08:31 PM
We'll be arriving at the Comfort Inn LBV soon. I'll let everyone know how it went. We stayed there last year, and the only issue I had was the noise. I requested a parking lot view this time, so we'll see.

mousetravel
04-13-2010, 11:42 AM
I wrote a report on our stay there last week.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36237657#post36237657

buxomlisa
06-23-2010, 07:41 PM
did anyone use their free shuttle to the parks? how were the waiting times and arrival times to the parks?

I was thinking of booking here in dec because its nice looking, it has the free shuttle to disney and universal and it has the fridge and microwave. i don't drive so i need to stay somewhere with buses to the parks.

DannyDisneyFreak
07-28-2010, 10:24 AM
did anyone use their free shuttle to the parks? how were the waiting times and arrival times to the parks?

I was thinking of booking here in dec because its nice looking, it has the free shuttle to disney and universal and it has the fridge and microwave. i don't drive so i need to stay somewhere with buses to the parks.

Are you planning just WDW or are you gonna do Sea World or Universal or other Orlando attractions?