PDA

View Full Version : UK to Barcelona

Lewis
12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Looking for flights from the UK and it seems only easyjet fly to that city. is there any other airport near Barcelona and the port?

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Looking for flights from the UK and it seems only easyjet fly to that city. is there any other airport near Barcelona and the port?

Where in the UK?

Barcelona has the one main airport only.

Goofy Mum
12-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi. Im in the UK. We're flying Ryan Air to Reus. It's about an hour away (salou) but we have relatives that are going to pick us up at Reus and take us to the port the next day.
The flights are 29.99 one way per person plus 15 for bags. :)

Goofy Mum
12-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh we're flying from Birmingham by the way.

Lewis
12-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I am near southampton.. so i guess LGW or luton

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2009, 03:03 PM
I am near southampton.. so i guess LGW or luton

BA

Gatwick
And
London City
also
Easyjet Stansted.

Lewis
12-08-2009, 03:05 PM
what about

Bournemouth - Girona (Barcelona)
Total Price: 139.96 GBP

Easy jet from lgw to Barcelona was 260
BA 607.20

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2009, 03:10 PM
what about

Bournemouth - Girona (Barcelona)
Total Price: 139.96 GBP

Easy jet from lgw to Barcelona was 260
BA 607.20

I flew to that airport before, for another destination and imho its quite a long way away, and any amount saved on airfare, is lost on transfers to Barcelona.

Barcelona airport has taxis buses and trains to the city

I have seen cheaper BA fares from London City airport to Barcelona.

Lewis
12-08-2009, 03:15 PM
what is the london city code for searching is it LON

and what is the address for the dock that you board. disney site does not show it.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2009, 03:18 PM
what is the london city code for searching is it LON

and what is the address for the dock that you board. disney site does not show it.

Dont need a code just go to the BA website and put in either all London airports or London city.

PORT; Moll D'Adossat terminal, to the south of Barcelona.
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/ANDREWPORTER/DSCF2454.jpg
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/ANDREWPORTER/DSCF2593.jpg

Lewis
12-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I cant seem to find that dock on the maps website.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2009, 03:30 PM
I cant seem to find that dock on the maps website.

Google (Maps) Barcelona and look at the bottom, (South).

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/ANDREWPORTER/BARCELONA1.jpg

Lewis
12-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Google (Maps) Barcelona and look at the bottom, (South).

Well
Girona, Catalonia, Spain to Barcelona is
102 km so 70 miles.

it will cost save me 120 plus 70 parking at lgw to goto b,mouth to Girona will it cost me more then 150 return with a taxi?

Goofy Mum
12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Andrew DEREK thanks for posting the pics. How does one actually get to the passenger terminal? My sister in law will be driving us. Do we have to get special transport to the terminal or can cars just drive up? How do we get to the ship? Sorry but Im a virgin cruiser here. A bit ignorant to the ways of the cruising world.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Well
Girona, Catalonia, Spain to Barcelona is
102 km so 70 miles.

it will cost save me 120 plus 70 parking at lgw to goto b,mouth to Girona will it cost me more then 150 return with a taxi?

Yes.... 70 miles away!!!!

Good luck on the taxi!

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Andrew DEREK thanks for posting the pics. How does one actually get to the passenger terminal? My sister in law will be driving us. Do we have to get special transport to the terminal or can cars just drive up? How do we get to the ship? Sorry but I'm a virgin cruiser here. A bit ignorant to the ways of the cruising world.

Its very well signposted, if you didn't have a car there is a port shuttle, but unless things have changed you can drive up and drop off, near the port, taxis and coaches get closer.

Follow the photo I posted above, the road that goes over the bridge to the terminal, and also that google map. The port is signposted from the motorway, B10, bottom left in my photo, and it will say Disney Magic, but you will not be able to miss it.

Goofy Mum
12-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Oh I see. I was under the impression the pax terminal was a good distance away from where DCL is docked. OK as long as I know we can get there without too much hassle it will give me one less thing to worry about.
cheers.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh I see. I was under the impression the pax terminal was a good distance away from where DCL is docked. OK as long as I know we can get there without too much hassle it will give me one less thing to worry about.
cheers.

Its very easy to get to, use the Grand Marina hotel as a landmark as well, you will not have any problem, in 07 from central City took me 10 minutes.

Goofy Mum
12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
OK great. I'll write down your notes just in case my sister in law is clueless. :thumbsup2

Andrew DEREK UK
12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
OK great. I'll write down your notes just in case my sister in law is clueless. :thumbsup2

To be honest no need to write done if you head to the South of the city and seafront, you cant miss the ship.

Goofy Mum
12-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the tips. Always look forward to your replies. Any chance I can squeeze you in my carry on? :rotfl2:

orlandothebeagle
12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the tips. Always look forward to your replies. Any chance I can squeeze you in my carry on? :rotfl2:

Lol, now that would be a good job! disney cruise line tour guide?

Goofy Mum
12-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Lol, now that would be a good job! disney cruise line tour guide?

LOL would I have to tip?? :rotfl2:

lmhall2000
12-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Lewis,

I'm in the states, but was looking for airfare a few weeks ago and happened up on EasyJet, they had an amazing fare to Barcelona, I think it was 38 euros each way...outrageous..so if you keep checking you might hit upon a good sale. You guys are lucky, the cheapest I can find so far is $900 US round trip. But I keep looking and something will pop up!

Tara

tripodjw
12-09-2009, 03:43 AM
We're flying BA from Heathrow to Barcelona - was something like 104 per person. We priced up the budget airlines and these were around 70-80 per person (from Birmingham, East MIds and Luton), so on the face of it cheaper than BA.

We actually chose BA because of the hold luggage allowance. We worked out how much luggage weight we had on our 7 night cruise this yr and assumed we'd have a similar amount for our 11 night med (we'll do washing).

The baggage costs on the budget airlines were insane! When you include baggage costs, Ryanair went from 75 per person to around 250 per person. :scared1: All because they charge per kg aswell as per bag.

We don't pack particularly heavy either - our return journey from the Magic this yr was 3 suitcases weighing around 18kg (that's between 2 of us and included ornamental souvenirs from WDW, suit and shoes for DH, pirate costumes and FE gifts). - going out its only 2 cases (one case inside one of the others to allow rooom for souvenirs/bad packing)

With BA you get one 23kg case per person included, so we'll pay only an extra 35 on the way back for the 3rd case.

So the moral of the story is don't forget to check baggage costs when pricing up the flights - the budget airlines may not be as cheap as they look.

Andrew DEREK UK
12-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Hey join the queue, the summer 2010 London 'Adventures by ADUK' pre cruise London tour guide is fully booked, even my garden shed was booked.
Lol, now that would be a good job! Disney cruise line tour guide?
You will find me a guest services, I have been known to advise Concierge, and DCL directly, what they actually can do, long story, but when I am given some duff information.
LOL would I have to tip?? :rotfl2:
All free, bar my garden shed.
We're flying BA from Heathrow to Barcelona - was something like 104 per person. We priced up the budget airlines and these were around 70-80 per person (from Birmingham, East MIds and Luton), so on the face of it cheaper than BA.

We actually chose BA because of the hold luggage allowance. We worked out how much luggage weight we had on our 7 night cruise this yr and assumed we'd have a similar amount for our 11 night med (we'll do washing).

The baggage costs on the budget airlines were insane! When you include baggage costs, Ryanair went from 75 per person to around 250 per person. :scared1: All because they charge per kg aswell as per bag.

We don't pack particularly heavy either - our return journey from the Magic this yr was 3 suitcases weighing around 18kg (that's between 2 of us and included ornamental souvenirs from WDW, suit and shoes for DH, pirate costumes and FE gifts). - going out its only 2 cases (one case inside one of the others to allow room for souvenirs/bad packing)

With BA you get one 23kg case per person included, so we'll pay only an extra 35 on the way back for the 3rd case.

So the moral of the story is don't forget to check baggage costs when pricing up the flights - the budget airlines may not be as cheap as they look.

Good points, going for a headline low price, actually works out more expensive, in this thread airports quoted were 70 miles away from Barcelona that adds time and cost, then cruise baggage will add more costs, BA actually works out cheaper and more reliable.

scottishwee35
12-09-2009, 03:08 PM
On Med 07 - we flew with BA - Edinburgh to London then London to Barcelona...

Next year - we will be flight with flyglobespan one way straight... from Barcelona to Edinburgh :yay::yay:

Scottishwee35

orlandothebeagle
12-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Us too but Edinburgh to Barcelona:cool1:

tink,too
12-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I finally booked our UK to Barcelona flights. It was much cheaper for us to fly with BA from Glasgow via London City airport. :thumbsup2