PDA

View Full Version : Dietary restrictions - is Palo worth it?

nancynsparky
12-07-2009, 07:59 PM
So, I have a restrictive diet that includes:
- no red meat
- no dairy (cheese, milk, yogurt)
- no caffiene
- no alcohol
- no chocolate
My husband would really like to go to Palo, but everything that I have read about raves about the steaks and the chocolate souffle, both are no-nos on my list. So will I find something to eat at Palo or should I skip it?

kcashner
12-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Palo has great seafood, pasta, pizza, etc.

My suggestion--book Palo and then give them at least 24 hours notice of your dietary needs. I can almost promise you something very special.

The chefs on board are very used to meeting special dietary needs. Remember to complete the medical form (no need for a doc signature for dietary issues) so that your regular serving team can be prepared to make you very happy.

LindaBabe
12-07-2009, 08:23 PM
I actually like the panne cotta better than the souffle, but I THINK it might have dairy in it. I second what kcashner says, though - you're MUCH more likely to get something special at Palo.

DO have your doc fax in the medical form before your cruise - you're much more likely to get what you need in the regular diningrooms.

ASK for fresh vegetables your first few nights - you'll get them, they'll be good, and in my case at least, after the 3rd night, I never had to ask again, they just appeared.

They do have soy milk available.

shushh
12-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I can confirm that panna cotta has dairy in it as it literally translates to "cooked cream", sorry not that useful other than confirming what you can't have!

disneylove69
12-08-2009, 01:03 AM
You must go. Lots to choose from.