PDA

View Full Version : I'm Ordering a big BLT for Thanksgiving 2010 NEW 12/3 started TR! see link

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

mousescrapper
10-13-2010, 09:25 AM
First...LOVE the new dresses! So adorable! Sorry it was such a headache to get them, but they are just beautiful.

Your projects are amazing....as always! :worship:

I can't believe your trip is so close! SO exciting! I can't wait to see what fun celebrations you have up your practically perfect sleeve in the weeks to come! ;)

thanks Missy :goodvibes

here is a little sneak peek....

we'll get Wild w/ a Toad

be not so scary w/ Mickey

play some games, do some crafts and more....hard to believe there will be only 3 more Countdown events till we will be at our 10 day countdown :banana: :cool1: :dance3:

MRYPPNS
10-13-2010, 10:19 AM
I am so stealing a bunch of these ideas for when my kids are older!

I don't know if you are aware or not but Pineapple Dole Whip is dairy free!

jillyb
10-13-2010, 11:23 AM
so when my Mom came over yesterday to watch Naomi-Ruth for me while I was at work...she brought me back the jar and I couldn't believe there was $50.45 in there

Love those kind of surprises!!!

KathyRN137
10-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Once again, I am in complete awe!

The Welcome Folder idea is fantastic and I am definitely stealing the "Disney Rewards" idea (although mine won't look half as nice!)

Bravo, Scrappie!

Kathy

*Still praying*
/

mousescrapper
10-14-2010, 09:35 AM
I am so stealing a bunch of these ideas for when my kids are older!

go for it!!!! I'll be stealing the sip and snack food game for another trip someday too!

I don't know if you are aware or not but Pineapple Dole Whip is dairy free!

no I didn't...she's [NR] not a big pineapple fan, but she may did a sip (and good for me too) :thumbsup2

Love those kind of surprises!!!

YES it was awesome...I should be getting a few checks soon from doing lunch duty at the Elm school and then I will go through our savings stash and see what's left to designate $$ to!

and now the jar will start over again...next big family Disney trip probably won't be till 2013 so we'll have plenty of time to fill it up!

Once again, I am in complete awe!

The Welcome Folder idea is fantastic and I am definitely stealing the "Disney Rewards" idea (although mine won't look half as nice!)

Bravo, Scrappie!

Kathy

thanks Kathy...too kind...I'm sure your rewards will look just as good!

*Still praying*
/

and thanks too... :hug:

Native NYer
10-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Wow!:worship::worship::worship::worship:
You are so creative!!! Your kids are lucky to have such a crafty mom.
I really love the MouseGears coupons. I may borrow that idea for my older nephew for next summer's trip. Great way to control spending.

Mickey_Mom
10-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Rachel's surprise Snow White sundress:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/snowwhitedress2.jpg

Oh Julie, the Belle dress is beautiful and this Snow White dress brings happy tears to my eyes. I can just picture Ariana in it. :lovestruc

What a nice surprise with your savings jar! Kudos to Bekah for the closest guess!

Your chalk drawings are so fun, love the Mickey and Naomi-Ruth's self portrait.

All of your projects are just incredible, you never cease to amaze me.

Naomi-Ruth food card

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100v_6653.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6654.jpg

What a smart way to keep all of the choices together like that from something she can choose on her own.

Nathan’s Autism tag for his pin lanyard

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6650.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6652.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

Stroller “plate” for Naomi-Ruth

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6713.jpg

:lovestruc

I HAVE to get everything done by the end of this month so that's just under 3weeks...I think I can do it![/FONT][/SIZE]

I know you can do it! :worship::worship::worship:

mousescrapper
10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Wow!:worship::worship::worship::worship:
You are so creative!!! Your kids are lucky to have such a crafty mom.
I really love the MouseGears coupons. I may borrow that idea for my older nephew for next summer's trip. Great way to control spending.

thanks Jen! I really hope they like and appreciate all the little extras I have done for this one. and yes spending control is a HUGE thing this yr...I am such a sucker for Disney and really have no will power. trying to hold firm! :rolleyes:

Oh Julie, the Belle dress is beautiful and this Snow White dress brings happy tears to my eyes. I can just picture Ariana in it. :lovestruc

thanks Tracy...they are just beyond wonderful! I know Bekah lovves hers I hope Rachel will be happy...as orginally I was going to buy her a new Sleeping Beauty gown...so this is a surprise and change.

What a nice surprise with your savings jar! Kudos to Bekah for the closest guess!

it was really awesome!

I know you can do it! :worship::worship::worship:

thanks for the vote of confidence :goodvibes

mousescrapper
10-18-2010, 11:10 AM
2 weeks back I finished up all my Pre-Disney (special shopping)...it was a Covert Mickey Mouse Takeover occuring on my computer and credit card....

I have aluded to this before, but since our trip is smack in the middle of the Holiday season and so close to Christmas, Matt and I felt that some of our pre-Disney needs for the kids should be counted as Christmas gifts. I have a list of what each child is getting and realized that Nathan was short in comparison to the older girls (since they are getting dresses).

First stop on my CMMT (that's not country music tv) was to the Disneystore online. and of course I just couldn't buy things for Nathan :rolleyes1

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6719.jpg
Nathan pre-Disney Christmas buysA new WDW shirt and 3 new WDW cars for his collection (I figured a hsirt would be good...who can't use another Mickey shirt huh? and I already knew he wanted some more cars as souvies)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6722.jpg
Rachel and Naomi-Ruth pre-ChristmasLight up Snow white costume shoes (these were on sale-bonus-and Rachel has a pair of Aurora ones that she just loves and wears all the time...so I hope these fancy shoes w/ the surprise SW dress will make her happy and if I buy for one I better buy for the other)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6735.jpg
Pre-Christmas for me :laughing:
A very cool beaded Mickey WDW shirt...I just couldn't resist. I knew I'd buy a new shirt while we were there and plus I was in need of another shirt for the trip...so I just have it a little early. It's a bit of a funky fit though...so even though I LOVE it...I'm still debating the fit (bummer)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6720.jpg
Actual Christmas gift for Naomi-RuthThe girls have a collection of these plush Princess dolls and earlier in Sept. I bought at a resale a plush beast, so this doll was on sale and I thought pefect...now I wasn't paying attention to size though cause this Belle must have ate some of that Alice in Wonderland growing cake...cause she's BIG..oh well NR will still like it and 1 less thing to buy later...right!?

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6721.jpg
Actual Christmas Gift for Nathanset of Up Pins that were on sale too....seriously only way to shop. These are not for trading but for keeping. It was $5.99 for the 3 so even if we see these pins at WDW this was way cheaper! (now just to make sure Nathan doesn't buy anything similar while we are there

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6723.jpg
Mickey globe Halloween lightswe are not big Halloween decoraters...but these were cute and just up our alley plus once again on sale. I actually need to order another strand, one wasn't long enough for the front window. and these will be great for our MNSSHP next weekend for our family countdown.

After that shopping (BTW I did while the kids were home form school)...the next day Step 2 of my CMMT was TRADING PINS!

now I knew I wanted a decent assortment so we could weed out the duds (still trade-able...but didn't want all like that) and was hoping to save some for non trading purposes too and other Disney reasons :rolleyes1

I looked at a Pin trading website...but even though the price averaged out to under $2.00 a pin...the grab bags they had were either too few or too much money for the amount. They I went on Ebay...as Tracy (Mickey_Mom) had good luck there...wow there was alot to choose from. I called Matt up at work and we figured out what to do...now I may have spent a bit much on pins ($63.00 plus shipping)...but we came away w/ 100 pins...and we SCORED great!

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6714.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6715.jpg

this was very covert...as Matt and I went through the pins in our room as the kids were going to bed...of course NR walked in...but hasn't said anything since...whew!

of the 100 we set aside 15 for some special friends, 20 are Keepers (can see some of those in the close up), each of the 4 kids have 10 trading pins to start, the other 25 were seperated into 2 bags of trading spares and the duds..well really they are just kind of weird.

we plan to bring the spares and weird ones w/ in case any child has traded their orginal 10 and wanted others to trade...

Up next I used my Secret Agents Stephanie, she scoped out the choices ahead of time and Amy did some Covert shopping for me in the World and sent it to me....

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6730.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6731.jpg

A new Hat for Naomi-Ruth. I knew NR needed another item for her Pre-Christmas Disney loot and I also knew she would need a new hat from Disney this trip. so this worked out perfect. (if you go to one of Amy's most recent posts in her TR you'll see her posing in the hat :rotfl:)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6728.jpg
A pin trading book for Rachel...as well this is part of her Pre-Disney Christmas, something she has hinted wanting to do this yr. Plus Amy placed a starter Tink pin in the book for her too.

As well just over the weekend, I was able to pick up a few more basic needs for the trip:

* white long sleeve shirts for the girls for layering in case it is chilly

* a ls sleeve Thanksgiving shirt for NR to wear

I need to look over my packing list and come up w/ a to-buy list too...I don't think there is much left :woohoo:

My last special CMMT items have not arrived yet...but another special DISER is making them for me. Some hairclippies for the girls. I will post pix as soon as they arrive.

Last Friday in the mail a very special delievery arrived that I wasn't actually expecting and was completely stoked to get this:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6725.jpg

My Disney Magical Express transfers :cool1: wow my trip really is getting close now. there was a little mix up w/ the arrival flight info...but I called DME and it's all good...

Over the weekend I also worked on some more of "in progress projects" for the trip...just a few finishing touches and I'll post that ASAP!

thanks for reading as always,

J~

carissanboys
10-18-2010, 11:18 AM
You've been a busy girl! Love the Christmas gifts. And I especially love those Halloween lights! :thumbsup2

jillyb
10-18-2010, 01:10 PM
That's some pretty good loot ya got there! I need to find a couple of those pressed penny books for the girls. That also reminds me that I need to remind Alison to give me a list of the pennies she got from our first trip and to check what pennies Hannah has.

We won't be getting Mickey mail from ME but I'm looking forward to getting our travel documents soon!

MRYPPNS
10-18-2010, 01:55 PM
I try to stay off the Disney store website.....I'm a sucker for a sale too!

mousescrapper
10-18-2010, 03:08 PM
You've been a busy girl! Love the Christmas gifts. And I especially love those Halloween lights! :thumbsup2

thanks Carissa! crazy busy lately...but w/ good things so it's OK!

That's some pretty good loot ya got there! I need to find a couple of those pressed penny books for the girls. That also reminds me that I need to remind Alison to give me a list of the pennies she got from our first trip and to check what pennies Hannah has.

yes I need to make a list on my phone of Nathan's pennies too...better add that to my to-do list

We won't be getting Mickey mail from ME but I'm looking forward to getting our travel documents soon!

it's always fun to get that mail :goodvibes

oh man me too...I only go on every once and awhile cause you can see what happens....:laughing:

irish dancer
10-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Wow! Great loot. Love the beaded tshirt and all the pins. I'm going to do a bulk pin shop before our June trip too. Deirdre is a pin trading nut! ;)

LOL, me too!! :rotfl:

jenjolt
10-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Awesome buys!! Love the pins and the shirts are so cute!!!! The kids are going to love their gifts!!

Mickey_Mom
10-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey great stuff! I too must stay away from Disney on-line... way too easy to click away my bank account.

LOVE that Cheshire Cat pin!!! :ccat:

mousescrapper
10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Wow! Great loot. Love the beaded tshirt and all the pins. I'm going to do a bulk pin shop before our June trip too. Deirdre is a pin trading nut! ;)

Yes the kids enjoyed it last yr but mostly Nathan...it will be nice to have a good loot to trade from this trip

LOL, me too!! :rotfl:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to hear that on the boards...

Awesome buys!! Love the pins and the shirts are so cute!!!! The kids are going to love their gifts!!

thanks..it's fun that you can get a few WDW park items online now and I think so too

Hey great stuff! I too must stay away from Disney on-line... way too easy to click away my bank account.

LOVE that Cheshire Cat pin!!! :ccat:

thanks Tracy....yes we had two!

Native NYer
10-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Great purchases!
I can't resist a sale on the Disney shopping site. The Halloween lights are too cute. Love them!
Your kids are going to love all of their surprises!

mousescrapper
10-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Great purchases!
I can't resist a sale on the Disney shopping site. The Halloween lights are too cute. Love them!
Your kids are going to love all of their surprises!

thanks Jennifer!! sale shopping is key to a Holiday budget...I shop all yr long and keep a log of stuff so I don't forget or over buy :thumbsup2 I know I really like the lights I'll take another picture of them up later to show you all too.

We may have a conflict for our pre-Disney Christmas but we'll figure it out!

J~

DisMomAmy
10-19-2010, 11:18 AM
You made some great purchases! :thumbsup2

I have purchased pins on ebay before with success. I'll probably purchase some more before our next trip. Maybe not 100 though... :rolleyes1

Glad you got my package - even if it was ripped! :headache: How is the hat size? :confused3

mousescrapper
10-19-2010, 07:38 PM
You made some great purchases! :thumbsup2

I have purchased pins on ebay before with success. I'll probably purchase some more before our next trip. Maybe not 100 though... :rolleyes1

Glad you got my package - even if it was ripped! :headache: How is the hat size? :confused3

you don't need 100 seriously :rotfl: think we went a little overboard :rolleyes:

yes thanks again for being our Secret Disney Christmas Shopper :santa: and yes I can't believe it had a big hole in the back but super glad nothing was wrecked, just one wrinkled map

Charleston Princess
10-19-2010, 08:41 PM
So many fun purchases!!! :goodvibes

shinysparklybubbles
10-19-2010, 08:51 PM
such fun to read!

dekkerdisneydreamer
10-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Sorry I'm so behing Julie.:sad2:

WOW is all I have to say, WOW! I cannot believe you've got so many projects completed, yet so many you've still got to finish! I'd be lucky to do one or two of them. I'm not very crafty at all. I like the ideas and the end results, it's just the in between that doesn't work out too well!:rotfl:

Since I've been away a few days, did you ever find out how much money was in the jar?

:cool1::cool1: on all the Pre-Christmas Disney loot! I LOVE LOVE that shirt you got for yourself!

mousescrapper
10-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks Jackie it was nice to get a few purchases done in advance and have less Christmas shopping to do though I know I'll buy several things down there :)
:welcome: shinysparklybubbles (love your name) thanks for reading and say "hi" too I see you have someone on a nut/egg free diet...my youngest DD is GF egg, dairy and wheat free we avoid nuts too this isn't our first WDW trip but first trying to stick to her strict diet
No worries on getting behind Resse I spread out the projects over a long time frame we may not be going to Disney as a full family for a few yrs after this one so I packed a bunch of the extras on while they still our little
Yes the shirt is ver awesome!!
Thanks for reading all be back soon w that project update and a 30 day boogie and celebration
J-

mommytothreeboys
10-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Wow...awesome purchases! I love the sparkly shoes and the beaded shirt. I'm a sucker for a little BLING! Also, the UP pins are adorable!

We did a grab bag of pins on our last trip and gave 8 to each boy to trade...next time I'll get a lot more They LOVED pin trading! Looks like you got an amazing bunch of pins...nice job! :thumbsup2

mousescrapper
10-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Wow...awesome purchases! I love the sparkly shoes and the beaded shirt. I'm a sucker for a little BLING! Also, the UP pins are adorable!

you have seen me yesterday frantically looking for that shirt in my room to put in the suitcase w/ my other Disney shirts...:sad2: it was a bit embaressing..there it was folded under a stack of shirts DUH but yes I love the beads just enough bling for me :goodvibes

We did a grab bag of pins on our last trip and gave 8 to each boy to trade...next time I'll get a lot more They LOVED pin trading! Looks like you got an amazing bunch of pins...nice job! :thumbsup2

thanks Nathan will be so excited he's been reminding me he needs some new trading pins...

mousescrapper
10-22-2010, 08:33 PM
hey guys I have had a very busy and a bit of a stressful week and another one heading in...just a ton of "life" boiling over... doesn't the world know I'm going to WDW in less than 30 days...:confused3

I promise to get back to the report and get some Disney stuff up here...as aluded to a few "Hello posts" back...

Without getting into a ton of stuff...I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed w/ some things and as well working everyday this week and the one coming which is making me feel a bit :sick: I'll aprreciate the money but my body is a bit :faint: Oct/Nov are always hard months for me trying to stay healthy so I have been taking some supplements, hope that helps.

but the biggest thing is my husband Matt and how completely out of the blue his spinal problems have been bothering him....some of my previous readers may recal this past April he had spinal sugery near his neck and really since June has been great, but last week he had a major flare up, was cleared by the doc no TT, MS or Dinosaur (he doesn't do EE or the mountains) otherwise we look good no worries for Disney or in general...so OK we'll take it...but then today at work he was injured and has to go through workman's comp and see the doc again on Mon but of course he was scheduled to take our son (Nathan-autistic) camping for Scouts this weekend we didn't feel comfortable sending him w/ the troop so Matt had to pull it together to go...he was OK leaving but what shape he'll be in when he get's home has me worried and our to do list of stuff we need to do for the house (winter ready) and a ton of appts, parent teacher conferences etc plus Halloween, celebrating the girls b-day w/ their friends and my sister's b-day before we go AHHH I'm slightly feeling paniced especially if Matt is struggling...

sorry for my rant and sappiness :guilty:

lots of pixiedust would be appeciated...thanks :hug:

Julie

Native NYer
10-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Oh I hope your DH is ok!
Sending lots of pixie dust your way :wizard::hug:

irish dancer
10-22-2010, 10:41 PM
:grouphug: to you Julie!! I know how you feel! This week has been a doozie for us too. Here's some extra PD for you that the coming weeks allow you to finish everything for your trip! :wizard::wizard:

Poor Matt, hopefully he will be feeling better soon and will get all the workmans comp stuff worked out.

DisMomAmy
10-23-2010, 06:38 AM
I know how overwhelming it can be leading up to a big trip... I'm sorry you are having all of that other stuff piled on top of everything else!

And I'm so sorry to hear Matt was injured again... I thought you were in the clear after his latest fare up... I hope he makes it through the weekend OK. Lots of pixie dust coming your way! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Mickey_Mom
10-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Ah nuts Julie. I'm sorry you and Matt are going through this. :hug: pixiedust:: :hug: pixiedust::

Charleston Princess
10-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Oh, Julie, lots of pixie dust for you and Matt! :wizard: Sorry you are so overwhelmed and busy right now, and so sorry to hear about Matt's spinal problems! I hope everything gets better very soon, and you are able to enjoy getting ready for your trip! :hug:

jillyb
10-23-2010, 09:42 AM
:grouphug: Julie I hope Matt is doing OK this weekend and that his back and other injuries will be better soon.

KathyRN137
10-23-2010, 01:56 PM
WOW, Julie! That's some pin haul!

Reading further, Ugh! I can't believe Matt's bad luck... an injury on top of his already troubling symptoms. :hug: Hope he's all right...

Hang in there, sweetie.

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Kathy

mommytothreeboys
10-23-2010, 02:09 PM
UGH...Life has a way of being really overwhelming sometimes. SO sorry to hear things are so stressful right now. Lots of prayers and pixie dust that things will calm down and the issue with Matt's neck will resolve itself. :goodvibes

mousescrapper
10-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Oh I hope your DH is ok!
Sending lots of pixie dust your way :wizard::hug:

:grouphug: to you Julie!! I know how you feel! This week has been a doozie for us too. Here's some extra PD for you that the coming weeks allow you to finish everything for your trip!

Poor Matt, hopefully he will be feeling better soon and will get all the workmans comp stuff worked out.

I know how overwhelming it can be leading up to a big trip... I'm sorry you are having all of that other stuff piled on top of everything else!

And I'm so sorry to hear Matt was injured again... I thought you were in the clear after his latest fare up... I hope he makes it through the weekend OK. Lots of pixie dust coming your way!

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Ah nuts Julie. I'm sorry you and Matt are going through this. :hug: pixiedust::

Oh, Julie, lots of pixie dust for you and Matt! :wizard: Sorry you are so overwhelmed and busy right now, and so sorry to hear about Matt's spinal problems! I hope everything gets better very soon, and you are able to enjoy getting ready for your trip! :hug:

:grouphug: Julie I hope Matt is doing OK this weekend and that his back and other injuries will be better soon.

WOW, Julie! That's some pin haul!

Reading further, Ugh! I can't believe Matt's bad luck... an injury on top of his already troubling symptoms. :hug: Hope he's all right...

Hang in there, sweetie.

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Kathy

UGH...Life has a way of being really overwhelming sometimes. SO sorry to hear things are so stressful right now. Lots of prayers and pixie dust that things will calm down and the issue with Matt's neck will resolve itself. :goodvibes

thank you all for the kind words and well wishes....yes Amy I will keep swimming :goodvibes

Matt made it through the camping and Nathan announced it was the best one yet :thumbsup2 he [Matt] went to the doctor this morning and things are OK. :confused: he is taking the day off so that helps to just finish cleaning up after the campout and he is making Bekah's special Alice shirt as I am typing ;) plus resting

prognosis is ok...just take it easy (yeah that's easy) so he'll keep swimming too and we'll both just take a step back and try not worry or be stressed and like Jackie said have fun before we leave...cause I'm going to Disney very soon!

pictures of 30 days and the packing has begun are uploaded in photobuckt...so I should have some updates typed and ready to roll super soon....

thanks again

J~

DisMomAmy
10-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the update Julie! Glad to hear things are going OK. Can't wait for your next udpate! Packing is very exciting!! :hyper:

jillyb
10-25-2010, 08:17 PM
So glad to hear that Matt did well on the camping trip and that Nathan had a good time. Can't wait for your next update!

Charleston Princess
10-25-2010, 08:41 PM
So glad Matt made it through the camping!

Only 30 days??? Woo hoo!!! :woohoo:

mousescrapper
10-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the update Julie! Glad to hear things are going OK. Can't wait for your next udpate! Packing is very exciting!! :hyper:

So glad to hear that Matt did well on the camping trip and that Nathan had a good time. Can't wait for your next update!

So glad Matt made it through the camping!

Only 30 days??? Woo hoo!!! :woohoo:

thank you :hug:

mousescrapper
10-26-2010, 10:41 AM
HELP PLEASE>>>>>>

Ok if you look on my rotating ticker (although don't think it's quite working)...I have 6 days till I can call DVC MS to make the room ressie at our hm resort (BLT) for our 15 yr anniversary trip in Oct 2011....

I have been so :faint: and :crazy: lately...I seriously don't know what to pick...I have chatted a bit w/ Heidi (MRYPPNS) and Jackie (CP) about dates and events in Oct. Matt and I want to go a Sun-Thurs (better points) and experience both MNSSHP (already know what we'll dress up as...not telling though) and the F&WF (yum fun)...

I am looking at the middle weeks in Oct as I don't want to be there right when F&W starts nor be gone to close to Halloween....

so I am thinking either 9th - 13th (is that Mon Columbus Day...will it be crowded?)

OR

16th-20th

I told Matt I wanted to pick two sets of dates a Plan A and Plan B. I don't want to be waitlisted and only have enough points to do a studio...ultimately we want BWV but I need to wait till 7 months out to book that...so I am holding us a reserve at BLT for jic....

any thoughts which would be better....seriously can't wrap my brain around this I trust you DISERS...:worship:

TIA

J~

DisMomAmy
10-26-2010, 12:56 PM
I would put Columbus Day weekend as your second choice because it could be a bit busier (It's Monday 10/10 next year). Avoiding the start of F&W is a good idea - it was pretty busy. They also have a F&W half marathon now, which was the opening weekend - not sure if they have a day picked for next year or not, but that could have increased the crowds too. :confused3 (According to someone on the DIS the half marathon will be the same weekend next year 9/30-10/1.) So I would go with the 16th - 20th as a first choice! :thumbsup2

Yay for making your ressie... even if it's not the one you are going to keep. ;)

irish dancer
10-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Hoping life is giving you a bit of a break....

As for Oct 2011 I think the later weekend would be my first choice. We were there the week prior to Columbus Day in 2008 and there was a noticable jump in crowds as we approached that weekend. So much so we were glad to be going home which never usually happens.

MRYPPNS
10-26-2010, 04:12 PM
You'd be fine with either set of dates....the later set is historically lower for crow levels. The wine & dine race for 2011 is 9/30 -10/1. Think about when you would want to go to MNSSHP because it is different for those sets of dates. I personally would avoid going the night of 10/10 (Columbus day). And major food and wine events wouldn't be released until next summer so there really is no planning for that yet.

mousescrapper
10-26-2010, 07:23 PM
I would put Columbus Day weekend as your second choice because it could be a bit busier (It's Monday 10/10 next year). Avoiding the start of F&W is a good idea - it was pretty busy. They also have a F&W half marathon now, which was the opening weekend - not sure if they have a day picked for next year or not, but that could have increased the crowds too. :confused3 (According to someone on the DIS the half marathon will be the same weekend next year 9/30-10/1.) So I would go with the 16th - 20th as a first choice! :thumbsup2

Yay for making your ressie... even if it's not the one you are going to keep. ;)

Hoping life is giving you a bit of a break....

As for Oct 2011 I think the later weekend would be my first choice. We were there the week prior to Columbus Day in 2008 and there was a noticable jump in crowds as we approached that weekend. So much so we were glad to be going home which never usually happens.

You'd be fine with either set of dates....the later set is historically lower for crow levels. The wine & dine race for 2011 is 9/30 -10/1. Think about when you would want to go to MNSSHP because it is different for those sets of dates. I personally would avoid going the night of 10/10 (Columbus day). And major food and wine events wouldn't be released until next summer so there really is no planning for that yet.

thanks all, I will shoot for the 16-20th...wish me luck let you know on Monday how I make out :goodvibes ...when do they roughly announce MNSSHP dates? should I look at this yrs dates for a frame of reference. It would be nice to go our 2nd or 3rd night of the trip if possible :confused3

mousescrapper
10-26-2010, 07:38 PM
So I am a bit behind in my celebrations here....

Last week Wednesday:

30 days till Disney…..you’d think Mickey balloons would be busting out of our mailbox or something for this grand day…but alas the crazies and busies of life sorta made this a lackluster day….oh well that’s OK the real deal is almost here!!!

:cool1: :woohoo: party: :dance3:

So in honor of the day….I brought these up from the basement:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6740.jpg

And in the evening Nathan did the honors of reading the next Mickey head:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6742.jpg

Mr. Toad’s Wild Night :car:

We had some racing:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6745.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6747.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6749.jpg

And then Nathan and Naomi-Ruth (the other girls were at church clubs) watched the Mr. Toad short:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6756.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6758.jpg

It was a fun little night squeezed into a very busy week.

mousescrapper
10-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Packing has begun!This past week and Sunday morning (since the girls and I were home from church w/ illness) I got the packing groove on….all the Disney shirts were washed (a few a few additional times to encourage some shrinkage), The bags have been sorted by what is going in what

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6773.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6775.jpg

I have 1 bag per twin (Bekah's bag is not pictured), 1 bag for the little girls, 1 bag for our Day 1 night/Day 2 morning- this actually ends of being the largest bag, cause those Disney dresses will take up a ton of space…I am considering shipping them home (I’m too nervous to ship ahead) and as well will be more apt to rolling up and crushing in the bags going hm vs them coming down a wrinkled mess. This bag will also have pj’s for all 6 and everyone’s toiletries and day 2 clothes. Then my Mom is loaning me another suitcase for Matt and I and then I will have a carry one (check going back) that will have FL weather friendly clothes, swimsuits (if applicable) and other day 1 needs, plus med’s…

I have piles on my dresser

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6774.jpg

Of the suits and Day 1 clothes to wear-plane and once in FL since I haven’t decided which bag will be the carry-on. As well I have the Disney box filled w/ the kids plane activities (minus electronics), and other Disney park necessities and I have a to do pile…Bekah’s Alice shirt (done yesterday), convert old pair of Nathan’s black pants into “pirate” pants and a shirt that needs to be exchanged.

As well in packing land….I had the 3 girls re-try on all their shirts and pulled shorts from their drawers to try on so I could decide on outfits…I am hoping the weather will be pleasant enough for shorts but plan to bring long pants/capris as well and ls layering tees

As you can see by the pictures…the ziplock bags are being re-used (most of the bags were saved from ’09, I just need to change the days of the week/ or number and add a few more)…my Mom laughed when she saw all the baggies.

Naomi-Ruth is all excited, poor thing though still has a hard time understanding it still is weeks away.

Here is the MASTER Packing list:

so this list is actually a spreadhseet so it doesn't copy past over that great...the stuff in green is packed or at least pulled to my room

Travel clothes:

In the Suitcase:
clothing # of underwear:
# of socks:
# bras or undershirts:
Total # of shirts/tanks:
Total # shorts/skirts:
# of pants:
pajamas short & ?pant
swimsuit
cover-up
Extra/emergency shirt/short
Misc clothing needs:
Extra shoes/sandals:
jewelry
sweatshirt/light jacket

possible Nov specific items:regular hat
winter hats
earmuffs-Julie
gloves/mittens
jackets???

arrival Day 1) "character choice day"

MK/EP Day 2) "Princess Day"

AK/MK Day 3) "We're 'GREEN' Day"

DHS Day 4) "Tourist Day"

MK/DHS Day 5) "Practically Perfect/Mad Hatter Day"

EPCOT Day 6) "I'm a DISNEY Logo Day"

Turkey-day Day 7) "Repeat Day"

MK/AK Day 8) "Tink-tastic Day"

EPCOT Day 9) "Holiday/Repeat Day"

departure Day 10) "Repeat Day"

Yes I'm that Disney clothes crazy each day sort of has a theme

Specific Outifits per Person:

Julie:
Travel day 1) new black WDW shirt/green capris

Day 2) ??

Day 3) pink Mickey flower, tan shorts
Day 4) navy blue all parks, demin...

Day 5) Mary Poppins shirt, grey shorts
Day 6) navy Disney logo, demin...

Day 7) repeat day

Day 8) purple Tink ringer, has hole needs repair
Day 9) Mary Poppins shirt

Day 10) repeat day

Extra: 2 LS layering shirts, jeans, capri's, shirt

Matt:
Travel day 1) red Mickey shirt,

Day 2) grey Mickey Studios,

Day 3) white/green Mickey
Day 4) white Mickey/Walt

Day 5) non Disney

Day 6) grey Disney logo

Day 7) repeat day

Day 8) grey Mickey ringer,
Day 9) red Mickey shirt,

Day 10) repeat day

Extra: ? Layering shirts, jeans, shirt 3 pairs shorts

Nathan:
Travel day 1) new WDW shirt

Day 2) WDW Mickey orginal,

Day 3) grey Wall-E,

Day 4) Toy Sory character,

Day 5) ?? & something Piratey

Day 6) lime green Disney logo,

Day 7) repeat day

Day 8) grey Mickey ringer,

Day 9) red shirt (from Pirate outfit)

Day 10) repeat day

Extra: 2 LS layering shirts, jeans, shorts, shirt shorts for outfits

Bekah:
Travel day 1) black WDW 4 parks tee, demin
Day 2) Belle sundress, sweater? & white many Tink, tan shorts
Day 3) pink Mickey flower, demin

Day 4) brown Mickey, tan shorts

Day 5) blue Alice, brown shorts

Day 6) bright pink Disney logo, demin

Day 7) repeat day

Day 8) purple Tink ringer, green skirt

Day 9) holiday shirt TO BUY!

Day 10) repeat day

Extra: 2 LS layering shirts, jeans, sweatpants or shorts, shirt

Rachel:
Travel day 1) Ls Aurora shirt/FL change

Day 2) princess dress & white color block Tink, blue skirt

Day 3) pink Minnie I love green, green shorts

Day 4) red WDW, brown shorts

Day 5) Alice Dress & b-day shirt, demin skirt

Day 6) red Disney logo, brown shorts

Day 7) repeat day

Day 8) lilac Tink ringer, demin skirt

Day 9) red holiday shirt

Day 10) repeat day

Extra: LS Princess shirt, 2 LS Layering shirts, jeans, leggings

Naomi-Ruth
Travel day 1) LS Cinderella shirt FL change,

Day 2) SW costume & B-day shirt tan shorts

Day 3) pink Minnie I love green, pink shorts

Day 4) purple Minnie MMCH demin skirt

Day 5) Mary Poppins dress, (nightitme outfit)

Day 6) homemade pink Disney logo, bottom?

Day 7) repeat day (thanksgiving shirt-dinner)

Day 8) lilac Tink ringer, demin skirt

Day 9) red Holiday shirt Iknow you see a black one in the suitcase pix but I decided to go w/ red....

Day 10) repeat day

Extra: LS princess dress, leggings, jeans, 2 LS layering shirts, Jo-Jo ringer, white Minnie sketch

Travel/Carry-on Bags:
purse money
book/mags Q & P for pressing
MP3 players gum/fruit snacks
DSI-twins
journal
pen/pencil
coloring things
small toys
snacks
empty water bottle
medications: OTC
Julie-scripts
Matt-scripts
Nathan-scripts
Bekah-scripts
Rachel-scripts
Naomi-scripts
camera/video camera

1-quart toiletry bag:

I have a specific list per person too

Miscellaneous Items:
(in suitcase)
small cooler bag
pool toys for NR
extra batteries
Matt pillow
pop-up laundry basket
?? fan/mister
water bottle drink mixes 1-box
in room figures/plush for N
rain ponchos: 2A 2C NEED to double ck what is in the bag
books-N
surpise toys-NR
swim googles
pocket knife-M
lint roller
small game
?? Leapster charging base/cord
mp3/DSI cords

toiletries
shampoo/conditioner
glasses
contact stuff
deodorant
nail care
razors/shaving cream
lotions
face/body soap
hair care
hair dryer
sun screen/lotion/aloe Vera
make-up/remover wipes
hair clips/ties
tampons
toothpaste/toothbrush
hair brush/comb/pick
non-prescription meds
band-aids/moleskin/first aid
dixie cups
Q-tips
bug spray

Naomi care items:baby powder
rash cream
aquafor cream
wipes
cup for plane, 2 cups for for parksblanket
towel/clips for stroller
bibs: 2 wipe off have 1snack cups: 2-3
plastic utensils
lotion
aveno wash

Walt Disney World items:

autograph books
MM light-up wands
pressed penny book
Treasure Hunt sheets
pressed penny location sheet
autograph pens
highlighter
Disney planner
trip note taking book
N-guidebook
maps
Pin lanyards
mini flashlights N B
kid id cards
mousekeeping envelopes
MM ears ??

Villa Items:
various sizes Ziplock baggies have princess and toy story sandwich sizechip clips/clothes pins
laundry detergent
dishwasher drop-ins
dishsoap
fabric softner sheets
color catcher sheets
small bottle febreeze
small container cleaning wipes
small gladware containers for NR
disposable cake pan
plastic cups/bowl/plates for kids

Food:
NR cake mix
small jar PB ??
sunbutter
NR bread
fruit snacks
lemonade mix
micro popcorn
NR pretzels
NR snack bars
NR crackers
Breakfast snack for Sat morning
NR cookies
crackers-N

feel overwhelmed :rolleyes:

be back w/ more planning, Epcot, 20 days to Disney, Halloween fun, pre-Birthday celebrations for Rachel and Naomi-Ruth and more....

thanks for reading,

Scrappie J-

MRYPPNS
10-26-2010, 08:29 PM
I just email you some stuff for October.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry for you over that packing list! :rotfl2:

Marshay
10-26-2010, 08:46 PM
wow!! are you sure you're not forgetting something?!? ;):rotfl2:

I really, really, really want to pack light for this trip. But when I look at my list, too, it is ever so long. I just think "what if?"

And yes, I'm planning on doing shorts during the day and pants at night with jackets for mornings and evenings. I am packing both short and long-sleeves. I'll have everyone repeat their outfits twice.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride re-interpreted as Wii games -- Woo Hoo!!!

Hope things are getting better with Matt's neck!

jillyb
10-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Holy Cow! That's a packing list!

mousescrapper
10-26-2010, 10:33 PM
I just email you some stuff for October.

:thumbsup2

I don't know if I should laugh or cry for you over that packing list! :rotfl2:

seriously huh? :rotfl:

wow!! are you sure you're not forgetting something?!? ;):rotfl2:

oh man...let's hope not! you'd think over the next 3 weeks I'll get it all together

I really, really, really want to pack light for this trip. But when I look at my list, too, it is ever so long. I just think "what if?"

I want to too...but not such an easy feat w/ 6 people and I suppose we should repeat more...but I like having different themed outfits :rolleyes1

And yes, I'm planning on doing shorts during the day and pants at night with jackets for mornings and evenings. I am packing both short and long-sleeves. I'll have everyone repeat their outfits twice.

sounds good! I normally only bring 1 long bottom per person, but will 2 for sure. the laundry in room should make a HUGE difference, don't feel like I need extra stuff. it's on the list, but I may scratch it

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride re-interpreted as Wii games -- Woo Hoo!!!

like that!

Hope things are getting better with Matt's neck!

thanks Marsha...Rachel and Naomi-Ruth are really looking forward to meeting our Disney friends too :goodvibes

Holy Cow! That's a packing list!

thanks Jill...it's a bit intense, we'll see what get cuts or added ;)

J~

irish dancer
10-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Wow, now that's a list and here I thought my list was big. It doesn't hold a candle to your list. :rotfl:

Then again I can't get that detailed on clothes as the only person in my group that would follow a plan like that would be Daniel, he wears whatever I put out completely without question. My girls are very opinionated on what they wear and I don't even attempt to go there with DH. I usually get everyone to wear a matching shirt ONE day during the trip. :rolleyes:

Will be thinking of you often while you're down there, still mourning the cancellation of our trip. :sad1:

mousescrapper
10-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Wow, now that's a list and here I thought my list was big. It doesn't hold a candle to your list. :rotfl:

my packing list ocd side showing through :rotfl2:
Then again I can't get that detailed on clothes as the only person in my group that would follow a plan like that would be Daniel, he wears whatever I put out completely without question. My girls are very opinionated on what they wear and I don't even attempt to go there with DH. I usually get everyone to wear a matching shirt ONE day during the trip. :rolleyes:

They are all good sports...DH just goes w/ the flow and yes I'm sure soon the tides will roll w/ no matchy shirts and the kids deciding what they want...but while I'm in control :laughing:

Will be thinking of you often while you're down there, still mourning the cancellation of our trip. :sad1:

aww don't say that...I actually crossed you off my list of to-do's plan dismeet w/ AM/family :sad1:

dekkerdisneydreamer
10-27-2010, 12:29 PM
HELP PLEASE>>>>>>

Ok if you look on my rotating ticker (although don't think it's quite working)...I have 6 days till I can call DVC MS to make the room ressie at our hm resort (BLT) for our 15 yr anniversary trip in Oct 2011....

I have been so :faint: and :crazy: lately...I seriously don't know what to pick...I have chatted a bit w/ Heidi (MRYPPNS) and Jackie (CP) about dates and events in Oct. Matt and I want to go a Sun-Thurs (better points) and experience both MNSSHP (already know what we'll dress up as...not telling though) and the F&WF (yum fun)...

I am looking at the middle weeks in Oct as I don't want to be there right when F&W starts nor be gone to close to Halloween....

so I am thinking either 9th - 13th (is that Mon Columbus Day...will it be crowded?)

OR

16th-20th

I told Matt I wanted to pick two sets of dates a Plan A and Plan B. I don't want to be waitlisted and only have enough points to do a studio...ultimately we want BWV but I need to wait till 7 months out to book that...so I am holding us a reserve at BLT for jic....

any thoughts which would be better....seriously can't wrap my brain around this I trust you DISERS...:worship:

TIA

J~

Okay, I'm going to be slightly biased here and say,
GO THE WEEK OF 10/16!!! That's when we'll be there!

Okay, now for the unbiased opinion....:rolleyes1 I would go when it best fits into your schedule. I agree with the Sun-Thurs stay though. I hope you get some good feedback on this.

WOW oh WOW on the packing lists! You are so organized, and I know you have to be with the size of your family. It helps out in the long run, doesn't it?:goodvibes

Hurray for Mr. Toad! I honestly didn't know that there was a short out on DVD. I'll have to look into that one!

:woohoo::yay::banana::cool1::cheer2:
For 30 Days!!!

mommytothreeboys
10-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Now THAT is a packing list!!! :eek:

Native NYer
10-27-2010, 05:11 PM
That is such a detailed packing list :worship:
Love it!

mousescrapper
10-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Okay, I'm going to be slightly biased here and say,
GO THE WEEK OF 10/16!!! That's when we'll be there!

really....to fun! that is the week I have circled on my little post it note....now this is suppose to be a :love2: kind of stay...but a Dismeet along the way would be fun, especially if you are thinking of MNSSHP :thumbsup2

WOW oh WOW on the packing lists! You are so organized, and I know you have to be with the size of your family. It helps out in the long run, doesn't it?:goodvibes

thanks...it has been the list/format for the past 2 trips and works quite well

Hurray for Mr. Toad! I honestly didn't know that there was a short out on DVD. I'll have to look into that one!

It's actually an old VHS, but you might be able to find it at the library to watch or youtube it :confused3

:woohoo::yay::banana::cool1::cheer2:
For 30 Days!!!

thanks for the dancin!

Now THAT is a packing list!!! :eek:

That is such a detailed packing list :worship:
Love it!

thanks guys...I guess ;)

jenjolt
10-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Now that is what I call a packing list!! I'm going to have to get mine out and compare it to yours to make sure I'm not forgetting something!! Serious organization (two thumbs up)

DisMomAmy
10-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Wow!!! :worship:

hhockman
10-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey Julie! I haven't been on in forever. I can't believe how close your trip is! It seemed like forever the last time I was here. :) That is quite a packing list. I think I went cross-eyed looking at it. But it's always good to be prepared and I know that list will keep you sane. Can't wait to hear about your anniversary ressies and the rest of the stuff you get to do leading up to your trip which is SO CLOSE!!! :)

Mickey_Mom
10-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Wow that packing list is amazing..... :worship: I just might reference it a few times myself :laughing:

I love the thought of Mickey balloons busting out of the mailbox. :goodvibes

Mario Kart Wii! My boys love that game and what a great idea to have that for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.... :rotfl: We know the Merrily-merrily-merrily song from our sing-a-long video but I've never seen the short.

mousescrapper
10-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Now that is what I call a packing list!! I'm going to have to get mine out and compare it to yours to make sure I'm not forgetting something!! Serious organization (two thumbs up)

thanks Jen...yes I am a freak, Disney brings it out of me :rotfl2:

Wow!!! :worship:

OK now I am getting embarrsed here ;)

Hey Julie! I haven't been on in forever. I can't believe how close your trip is! It seemed like forever the last time I was here. :) That is quite a packing list. I think I went cross-eyed looking at it. But it's always good to be prepared and I know that list will keep you sane. Can't wait to hear about your anniversary ressies and the rest of the stuff you get to do leading up to your trip which is SO CLOSE!!! :)

Hi stranger...:wave2:

hope you and your boys are well! almost 3 weeks now...wow :confused: where did the time go...yes lots to report and share in the coming weeks!

and hey my fellow HP fan...have you seen the amazing trailer bits now on tiv. I pause and rewind trying to pick out what they are showing from the book! I am very excited and can't believe I'll miss it opening weekend...oh well a WDW trip will keep my mind off of it. ;)

Wow that packing list is amazing..... :worship: I just might reference it a few times myself :laughing:

I love the thought of Mickey balloons busting out of the mailbox. :goodvibes

Mario Kart Wii! My boys love that game and what a great idea to have that for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.... :rotfl: We know the Merrily-merrily-merrily song from our sing-a-long video but I've never seen the short.

thanks tracy! now wouldn't that be fun if those Mickey balloons actually popped out? when we surprised the kids w/ our bounce back last March that's how we did it, they opened a suitcase filled w/ balloons!

Matt and I bought the VHS combo quite a while ago...I am suprised w/ your collection you don't have it! it's one of Nathan's favorites

mousescrapper
10-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Final (let’s hope…) TO-DO LIST

We’ll be at 3 weeks to go in 1 day…..

3 WEEKS to go Friday 10-29:

Catch up and organize is the theme

* Make Nathan’s custom Maps

* Finalize in-park touring cards (need to set goals for Holiday Storytellers and possible order of seeing), make Friday 26th MK card for morning/evening touring, laminate all

* Finish filling out CS dinning choice sheets

* Finish misc project things: pin backs on buttons, travel journals, ribbon binding on WS books, hook for N lanyard, N guidebook (the b-day book are scratched till post trip)

* Make id cards for girls, new MouseScrapper tag, and reg Autism id tag for N-plane

* Type up and transfer items to my phone (tips, addresses, snack list, WS storyteller times, Mr. Potato Head pieces, Pressed Pennies already have)

* Print twins activity sheets

* Prep Travel Binder (almost done)

Misc: Halloween, 20 day countdown celebration, get ready for pre-parties for little girls, book Oct 2011 ressie & start Disney 365 project on 11-1

PTR post goals: Epcot guide, My Wishes, planning updates

2 WEEKS to go Friday 10-5:

WDW readiness is the theme

* Arrange Parking at Airport

* Place Garden Grocer Order

* Email Special Diets

* 10 day check-in at resorts

* Have all monies in order

* Re-load Disney Rewards card

* Finalize Dis-meet plans (Marsha & Jill)

* Cancel mail

* Pre-order Photopass CD

* Get house in order

* More packing: all misc things, carry-on bags

Misc: have girls pre-parties (11-6), start 10 day countdown (11-9), prepare presents/tree for Pre-Disney Christmas

PTR post goals: countdown celebrations, recap day to day plans, planning updates

1 WEEK to go Friday 11-12:

Final prep theme

* Go over POP scavenger hunt

* Have MP’s over go over plans

* Arrange dog care and fish feeding, set up snow removal from drive if needed, put timers on lights, etc

* Inform schools of pulling kids for 1 day (11-19)

* Trial packing of stroller

* Finish packing: clothes, toiletries, misc carry-on stuff

* Matt prep electronics (MP3 players, laptop)

* Final to-buy list

* Borrow my brother’s video camera

* Pre-Boarding for SWA Thurs 18th

Misc: dr appts, haircuts, parent/teacher conferences

PTR post goals: countdown to Disney…last 10 days and send off….

wish me luck pixiedust:

PS this is not a FL weather report...but I think I've been living in the 100 Arce woods these past days Tuesday and Wednesday were quite the Blustery Days and today is definetly a glooming Eeyore grey day....

DisMomAmy
10-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Wow - you have a lot to do - but it looks manageable. It's always really crazy for the last few weeks before a trip.

Good Luck!! pixiedust:

ladybugmom
10-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi Julie!! I'm all caught up on yout PTR!! WOW girl--you are a planning/organizing machine!! I LOVE it!! I also wanted you to know that your clippies will be mailed Priority on Monday! I ran out of a few ribbon colors and had to order more or I would have been able to mail them sooner. Can't wait for you to see them!! :goodvibes

dekkerdisneydreamer
10-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Bunches and bunches to do! But you are so organized, you've got it down to a science!:thumbsup2

Much luck and pixie dust being sent your way!pixiedust:pixiedust:

Marshay
10-29-2010, 09:03 PM
hey, I noticed you are doing the Disney 365 project. Tell me about that. I know the regular 365 project but not the Disney version.

I'm actually going to do a Modified 365 project -- I'm going to just do 7 days (not necessarily in a row) in a month for each month for the next 4 years!! (or whenever I decide to stop!) I'm using the same album and setup as the 365 project but I know myself ... I won't do it every single day.

Hey, regarding our meet-up. I'm going to take another look at our schedule. DD wants to go to Epcot now, so I need to plan that into our schedule. We also take our traditional family photo there so I'd like to go to Epcot, too.

And I'm thinking about booking a carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness, or if they are already booked up (probably), then we'll just go early and do the FCFS wagon ride. I've heard so many wonderful things about all the campers who TOTALLY go all out decorating for Xmas. I thought this might be fun to do, too!

Then the AK Jingle Jungle parade is now showing while we are there, so I may want to see that. Going to check out photos now to see how different that is from the regular AK parade.

So I have to plan this all out.

Oh, and can you send your abbreviated schedule again? I really would love to meet up with you (Rachel keeps asking me if we are going to meet my "computer friends").

Hopefully, I can work it all out!

KathyRN137
10-29-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm exhausted and all I did was READ the dang lists!! :laughing:

BTW, GardenGrocer.com e-mailed me about a change in the website... have you seen it yet?

Kathy

mommytothreeboys
10-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Very nice lists Julie! Breaking the big long list down into manageable pieces is the way to go! :thumbsup2

It's felt very blustery here lately as well. It's only supposed to be in the 40's for tomorrow's Halloween festivities! BRRRRRR......Florida sound so good right about now!

mousescrapper
10-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Wow - you have a lot to do - but it looks manageable. It's always really crazy for the last few weeks before a trip.

Good Luck!! pixiedust:

I don't think I replied to you :confused3 yes lot's and trying to manage other non trip stuff...but it looks managable...feels is a different story;)

Hi Julie!! I'm all caught up on yout PTR!! WOW girl--you are a planning/organizing machine!! I LOVE it!! I also wanted you to know that your clippies will be mailed Priority on Monday! I ran out of a few ribbon colors and had to order more or I would have been able to mail them sooner. Can't wait for you to see them!! :goodvibes

thanks for catching up and I do feel like a machine :laughing: awesome on the clippies I can't wait either to see them. thank you so much. They may just arrive before the 6th...we are having a pre-b-day party for Rachel w/ her little friends and it's an Alice in Wonderland theme...so the Alice clip will be great!

thank you so much!

Bunches and bunches to do! But you are so organized, you've got it down to a science!:thumbsup2

Much luck and pixie dust being sent your way!pixiedust:pixiedust:

it feels that way :goodvibes

hey, I noticed you are doing the Disney 365 project. Tell me about that. I know the regular 365 project but not the Disney version.

Ok so it's not exactly a "Disney 365" though that would be cool if it was Disney inspired computer designs...but no I am starting on the 1st the Becky Higgins 365 or life project and it will be Disney themed for the most part...since I'll be going to Disney 3 times over the course of those 365 days...each trip so different, I'm sure other stuff will be in there, but that is what I am calling it.

I'm actually going to do a Modified 365 project -- I'm going to just do 7 days (not necessarily in a row) in a month for each month for the next 4 years!! (or whenever I decide to stop!) I'm using the same album and setup as the 365 project but I know myself ... I won't do it every single day.

that sounds awesome...are you traditionally scrapping it? mine will be the computer version so I can get caught up on the kids yrs in my reg scrapbooks...I am so behind!

Hey, regarding our meet-up. I'm going to take another look at our schedule. DD wants to go to Epcot now, so I need to plan that into our schedule. We also take our traditional family photo there so I'd like to go to Epcot, too.

it's nice to add some fun new things :thumbsup2

Then the AK Jingle Jungle parade is now showing while we are there, so I may want to see that. Going to check out photos now to see how different that is from the regular AK parade.

we'll be catching it the Friday after T-giving...Matt really likes this parade and we haven't seen it (reg) since '05...I've seen pix and it looks cute w/ the holiday additions :santa:

Oh, and can you send your abbreviated schedule again? I really would love to meet up with you (Rachel keeps asking me if we are going to meet my "computer friends").

Hopefully, I can work it all out!

19-arrival @ POP, resort and Matt and I dinner or later-MP

20-(Naomi-Ruth's b-day) switch to BLT, BBB 8:30 am @ MK CRT 11:55, late afternoon say 4/4:30 till 8/8:30 pm Epcot

21-AK morning afternoon-resort rest MK at night say 4 pm and stay for EMH (hope we can pull off 2nd showing of MSEP

22-DHS morning quick afternoon break and then HDDR 5 pm

23-(Rachel's b-day) 8 am 1900 PF, MK till early afternoon, quick break CS dinner @ CR then Studios for Osborne Lights we are not doing F!

24- Epcot late arrival 11:30 ADR Tuttio Italia stay till close or right before

25- Turkey day resort, mini golf?

26- MK-opening/fairies AK-afternoon till 3:45 parade dinner in villa MK night

27- Epcot all day Holiday stuff

28- departure

I'm exhausted and all I did was READ the dang lists!! :laughing:

BTW, GardenGrocer.com e-mailed me about a change in the website... have you seen it yet?

yes i picked super quick, looks different but have "dug in" yet

Kathy

Very nice lists Julie! Breaking the big long list down into manageable pieces is the way to go! :thumbsup2

thanks Missy

It's felt very blustery here lately as well. It's only supposed to be in the 40's for tomorrow's Halloween festivities! BRRRRRR......Florida sound so good right about now!

the sun is back out...but we are definetly in fall now, Matt brought the electric blanket up last night...we didn't plus it in yet...but soon...yes FL weather sounds super nice!

Be back later this weekend w/ 20 day fun and a planning update :surfweb:

mousescrapper
11-01-2010, 11:40 AM
over the weekend we celebrated our 20 dyas till Disney countdown w/ our own version of a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party :cool2:

we built a Haunted Mansion:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6836.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6839.jpg

carved some pumpkins:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6851.jpg

including a Mickey one

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6895.jpg

we played Halloween Charades

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6838.jpg

and had a spooky themed dinner:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6865.jpg

Night on Bald Bread Mountain
Witches' Hair Pasta
Snake Sausage

and for dessert

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6861.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6864.jpg
Krispie treats and Brain!

Naomi-Ruth took down the next link and Mickey Head

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6866.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6867.jpg

wow our chain is getting smaller and smaller now....

and before bed we watched Disney's Animated short Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman and then the Night on Bald Mountain segment from Fantasia...that was more scary then I remember

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and in theme w/ our Halloween Party....

Last Monday for Boy Scouts, Nathan carved a pumpkin

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/100_6781.jpg

and Matt was wounded by a wild Bear

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/100_6782.jpg

On Friday the little girls had Halloween parties and parades at their schools

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/100_6793.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6799.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6826.jpg

and of course everyone got dressed up for trick-or-treating:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6873.jpg

Rachel-Queen Susan from Narnia
Bekah-a Mouseketer
Nathan-yo-yo
Naomi-Ruth-Jessie

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6870.jpg
Bekah and her AG dolls dressed alike

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6879.jpg
her "snot face"

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6883.jpg
Daddy giving her a hand

and I must share two other flashback pictures:

Rachel as Jessie in 2007

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_0283.jpg

and Bekah as Jessie (and Nathan as Woody) in 2003

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6897.jpg

J~ (sorry not alot of writing had the whole thing ready to go when the computer froze and lost it

DisMomAmy
11-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Fun Halloween countdown party!! :cool1:

I love the costumes!! And I really love the look back at all the Jessie pictures! :thumbsup2

Only one more party to go!! :banana:

mousescrapper
11-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Let's take a look at what has been crossed off the list:

see items in pink

Final (let’s hope…) TO-DO LIST

3 WEEKS to go Friday 10-29:

* Make Nathan’s custom Maps

* Finalize in-park touring cards (need to set goals for Holiday Storytellers and possible order of seeing), make Friday 26th MK card for morning/evening touring, laminate all

* Finish filling out CS dinning choice sheets

* Finish misc project things: pin backs on buttons, travel journals, ribbon binding on WS books, hook for N lanyard, N guidebook (the b-day book are scratched till post trip)

* Make id cards for girls, new MouseScrapper tag, and reg Autism id tag for N-plane

* Type up and transfer items to my phone (tips, addresses, snack list, WS storyteller times, Mr. Potato Head pieces, Pressed Pennies already have)

* Print twins activity sheets

* Prep Travel Binder (almost done)

Misc: Halloween, 20 day countdown celebration, get ready for pre-parties for little girls, book Oct 2011 ressie & start Disney 365 project on 11-1

PTR post goals: Epcot guide, My Wishes, planning updates

here are some pix:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6843.jpg
BLT door sign...not on list but added some extra touches

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6844.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6845.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6847.jpg
WS books...the Holiday ones are for Bekah and Rachel and the regular around the world one is for Nathan

id tags: the girls one, the text came out smaller than I'd like but I sealed them in laminating paper already...oh well...hopefully no one will ever read them FYI...they will get pinned on their shirts or pants...so in case anyone get's lost...(Nathan has info on his lanyard card)...has their name, age, where we are staying, cell # for Matt and I and food info for NR

a new Mouse Scrapper tag for me...let's hope no one calls me a crapper :laughing:

as well duh :confused: I need to wait till exactly 11 months out to make the next DVC ressie...so that will be done on 11-16...

J~

DisMomAmy
11-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Busy lady!! I love the Epcot books! :thumbsup2

You'll have to make us all DIS tags for the Spectrum Moms trip! :flower3:

jillyb
11-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Very cool Haunted Mansion!

I don't know why but for some reason "Night on Bald Bread Mountain" just cracked me up! :laughing: :laughing:

The kids look so cute in their costumes. Love the look back at the Jessie costumes!

Great job on your projects and getting some things off your list!

Charleston Princess
11-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Wherever did you get the Haunted Mansion???

Love all the Halloween pics! Looks like lots of fun was had by all!

carissanboys
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
The kids all looked great in their costumes! :thumbsup2 And I loved the Mickey head carved pumpkin - such a cool idea! :love:

mousescrapper
11-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Fun Halloween countdown party!! :cool1:

I love the costumes!! And I really love the look back at all the Jessie pictures! :thumbsup2

thanks...we had so many comments on the Jessie costume...I think this is the only one all 3 girls wore :lovestruc

Only one more party to go!! :banana:

well actually 2 more big ones and then 8 smaller ones...stay tuned

Busy lady!! I love the Epcot books! :thumbsup2

thanks, I am happy w/ them

You'll have to make us all DIS tags for the Spectrum Moms trip! :flower3:

In progress :hourglass
Very cool Haunted Mansion!

I don't know why but for some reason "Night on Bald Bread Mountain" just cracked me up! :laughing: :laughing:

that was Matt

The kids look so cute in their costumes. Love the look back at the Jessie costumes!

thanks!

Great job on your projects and getting some things off your list!

coming together but of course now my hm computer is giving me grief...so that may cause some issues..try to manage w/ the laptop

Wherever did you get the Haunted Mansion???

:confused3 don't know honestly Nathan recieved it as a gift quite a long time ago

Love all the Halloween pics! Looks like lots of fun was had by all!

we did thanks:goodvibes

The kids all looked great in their costumes! :thumbsup2 And I loved the Mickey head carved pumpkin - such a cool idea! :love:

the Mickey pumpkin is made w/ a steal punch...tricky to do but turns out real nice!

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I LOVE Ruth-Ann's "Snot Face"! :lmao::lmao:
I hope all the kids had a great time, I love the brain jello, eww!

P.S. I'm sending you a PM of my little one in her costume. :lovestruc

disney<333
11-01-2010, 04:14 PM
The kids all look too cute in their costumes! What a fun weekend!! We're going to WDW THIS month!!!!:cool1::dance3:

Mickey_Mom
11-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Busy busy busy!!

I love that Mickey pumpkin! Those brains look like goo-ey yumminess and Naomi-Ruth holding up the Mickey Head is so adorable. :lovestruc

Loved seeing the Jessie pictures!

Marshay
11-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Love all the kids' photos ... but when I saw Naomi-Ruth's "snot face" I just burst out-loud laughing. that is priceless!

Great menu -- I liked the snakes -- simple to do but looked cool.

My, that chain is getting so small!!

KathyRN137
11-01-2010, 11:19 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6895.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6879.jpg
her "snot face"

LOL! (Really!) :rotfl:

And I love the "Hidden Mickey" pumpkin!

Kathy

mousescrapper
11-03-2010, 03:02 PM
I LOVE Ruth-Ann's "Snot Face"! :lmao::lmao:
I hope all the kids had a great time, I love the brain jello, eww!

P.S. I'm sending you a PM of my little one in her costume. :lovestruc

got the pix of your precious kitty :lovestruc and yum Brain jello I just had some more today :rotfl:

The kids all look too cute in their costumes! What a fun weekend!! We're going to WDW THIS month!!!!:cool1::dance3:

:banana: yes we are...almost 2 weeks for me....can't believe it!

Busy busy busy!!

I love that Mickey pumpkin! Those brains look like goo-ey yumminess and Naomi-Ruth holding up the Mickey Head is so adorable. :lovestruc

Loved seeing the Jessie pictures!

thanks Tracy...she was pretty excited to take the "head" off the chain...she had been asking for days!

Love all the kids' photos ... but when I saw Naomi-Ruth's "snot face" I just burst out-loud laughing. that is priceless!

she cracks us up all the time, I hope some of that will come out when she meets you and isn't all shy

Great menu -- I liked the snakes -- simple to do but looked cool.

My, that chain is getting so small!!

I know it's crazy!

LOL! (Really!) :rotfl:

And I love the "Hidden Mickey" pumpkin!

Kathy

thanks Kathy...she has a whole array of faces...it's a fun game!

mousescrapper
11-03-2010, 03:17 PM
what else have we got done....:confused3

more trip shopping:

I bought some trip neccessities not very exciting...but helpful

* 3 in 1 laundry sheets...the FAD has caught on Disers ;)

* moleskin

* mini febreze, disinfectent, & cleaning wipes for the villa (in between cleanings)

* 6 pack of mini tissues

* gum for the plane

* dishwasher drop-ins (for villa too)

sorry no pix of the clothes....you'll see later I'm sure

* long sleeve white shirt for layer for Rachel

* Red holiday shirt for Bekah

* underware for me...was the TIM :rolleyes1

* some new camisoles for under my Disney t-shirts

* loaf of non frozen GF/WF bread for Naomi-Ruth

* allergy free cake mix for Naomi-Ruth (note to self buy disposable cake pan)

* bag of soy crips (snack for NR)

STILL need to get:

batteries
memory card for my phone
underware for Nathan, new short socks for him?
disposable cake pan
non liquid cold med's and children's tylonel
white leggings for NR
???

I also started organizing my money :teacher: into seperate little paper clipped piles designated for tips, souviners, BBB, PL, etc...had long email conversation w/ Amy too about SW departure

got the suitcase I am borrowing from my Mom and determined I'm already pretty full w/ the 5 suitcases...we don't really want more than that...easy going down...but hard coming home. figured I could pull some of the extra clothing and repeat up some more outfits. re-arranged some packing things.

as well today another special Disney package arrived from fellow Diser Becky...who created these most lovely hair clippies for my girls:

take a look at the pix from this FB link:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=1677407&id=1035906284&notif_t=photo_tag

they are so adorable...I love them! (thanks Becky :flower3:)

Matt laminated all but 1 of our in park touring cards...I'll share pix and info when I break down our 10 days starting next week....

More to do....popcorn::

J~

DisMomAmy
11-03-2010, 07:09 PM
You must buy that vacuum sealed GF bread? How else would be able to buy bread now... :confused3

Alex used to eat the Energy brand tapioca loaf. I loved that it came it he vacuum sealed bags and could last a year! :laughing: I actually had to buy it online so I would order 10 loaves at a time!

Mickey_Mom
11-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Woo hoo to the 3 in 1 laundry sheets. :thumbsup2 I'm also liking the mini Febreeze idea, but for the shoes at the front doors for my gang ..... :faint:

I couldn't see the FB link for the hair clippies... said I was forbidden ;)

I was planning one hoodie per kid for when the air cools down in the evenings as opposed to multiple sweaters or long sleeved shirts. Do you think that's naive? :confused:

EastYorkDisneyFan
11-03-2010, 11:46 PM
I was planning one hoodie per kid for when the air cools down in the evenings as opposed to multiple sweaters or long sleeved shirts. Do you think that's naive? :confused:

That makes sense to me usually when I travel I take along a hoodie for the same reason. When I went to DL in may of 2008 I was freezing one night that I didn't have one with me, and when a Canadian gets cold you know it's cold. :rotfl2:

mommytothreeboys
11-04-2010, 06:58 AM
The kids look great all dressed up! Love the throwback Jessie pics...too cute! :goodvibes

Matt's "mauled by a bear" costume is HYSTERICAL! :lmao:

I love to read all the shopping and to-do lists! I so wish I was making my own, but since I'm not, I'll just enjoy yours! :thumbsup2

mousescrapper
11-04-2010, 10:09 AM
You must buy that vacuum sealed GF bread? How else would be able to buy bread now... :confused3

no it's not vaccumed sealed...hmm haven't seen anylike that...but this is "amazing unreal" bread :laughing: no wheat, diary, egg or gluten...can last till like April of next yr :confused3 weird...I tested it out a few weeks back to see if she'd like it in comparison to her usual frozen/fridge bread and it worked...so since I won't be back up to Whole Foods again till after the trip I got it now.

Alex used to eat the Energy brand tapioca loaf. I loved that it came it he vacuum sealed bags and could last a year! :laughing: I actually had to buy it online so I would order 10 loaves at a time!

now that's alot of bread

Woo hoo to the 3 in 1 laundry sheets. :thumbsup2 I'm also liking the mini Febreeze idea, but for the shoes at the front doors for my gang ..... :faint:

yes I have no idea how the villa will smell...I have heard the good and the bad on the boards...it was a buck in the Target travel asile

whoops...I will take an actual pix and post it later

That makes sense to me usually when I travel I take along a hoodie for the same reason. When I went to DL in may of 2008 I was freezing one night that I didn't have one with me, and when a Canadian gets cold you know it's cold. :rotfl2:

thanks for the advice EastYorkDisneyFan....Tracy...my plan is to have hoodies per person, plus a few long sleeve layering...seems like a reasonable plan for me. I have learned that 70 degrees in FL doesn't not feel like 70 in Chicago...so I think we'll be fine...I'd bet same for you.

The kids look great all dressed up! Love the throwback Jessie pics...too cute! :goodvibes

thanks Missy :goodvibes

Matt's "mauled by a bear" costume is HYSTERICAL! :lmao:

Naomi-Ruth though he looked so funny

I love to read all the shopping and to-do lists! I so wish I was making my own, but since I'm not, I'll just enjoy yours! :thumbsup2

aww sorry...but glad you like my lists :thumbsup2

ladybugmom
11-04-2010, 11:23 AM

Try this link: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1677407&l=0b5e638376&id=1035906284.

ladybugmom
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM
LOVE the costumes, Mickey head pumpkin, and the Epcot books you made!! WOW!! Your kiddos are adorable! And so glad that you received the clippies and are happy with them! Can't wait to see pics of the girls wearing them! :goodvibes

jillyb
11-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Very cute clippies!!

mousescrapper
11-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Scrappie’s Guide to EPCOT:

Experimental Protoype City Of Tomorrow

"Epcot is a theme park about ideas, such as ecologies, energy sources, and the role communicationsystems play in human societies."
excerpt from the Unoffical Guide to Walt Disney World

“ Exhuasting Place Can’t Over Tour….that’s my version! Epcot is my husband’s favorite park and the children love the countries (yeah for us)…this park has so much to offer from rides, foods, thrills, entertainment and a bit of education rolled in. You truly need at least 2 days to do this park properely. The Scrappie family tends to split in in half down the middle doing East FW and WS 1 day and then West another day….but however you work allow lots of time, since this place is HUGE!”

Lessons Learned from Previous trips:

* If you’re going to have a melt down this is the place

* The Oddesy center is a great place to change babies/toddlers and the walkway is nearly quiet and empty every time

* Catching Illuminations from the Mexican Cantina (prior refurb) is a pure luck chance of getting a table on the railing…have to wait at least 3 hrs in advance

* KIM are fun, but do first, not last when everyone is more cranky

* Unless you have a FAB camera trying to capture a picture of the sparkling sidewalks at night doesn’t work

* Always schedule more time than you think you need for the countries

* The free masks throughout WS are a great souvie for kids…but very time consuming. Make sure you decide in advance if this is something you plan to get all tags at every country or not (boundaries for kids)

* Take advantage of the great food options in WS

* Use the friendship ferries to help cut down on walking (but be willing to wait for one to arrive)

* Not every ride or show in Epcot is a Must do….

* Mouse Gear is a great store…but be prepared to get sucked in….

2009 look back:

What we missed:

Looking thru Canada
Several shops in the countries
Innoventions
Disney Visa meet & greet
Clammobile ride in Seas
Living w/ the Land
Mission Space (Matt)

What we’d Do Again:

Go during Flower/Garden time (but want to try other seasons too)
Check out extra areas after SSE ride
Pre-park opening Breakfast
Shows/entertainment in countries
Have snacks from Norway bakery
KPM

Not to do again for 2010:
Universe of Energy

mousescrapper
11-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Some Picture Memories of past trips

2005 (children ages: twins 6, Rachel 2 ½)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_0952.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_0941.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_0934.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_1084.jpg

2008 (children ages: twins 9, Rachel 5 ½, Naomi-Ruth 18 months)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/image065.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_2171-1.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_2138.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_1826.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_2476.jpg

2009 (children ages: twins almost 10, Rachel 6, Naomi-Ruth 2)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/Image169.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_2256.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_2233.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_2171.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_2779.jpg

mousescrapper
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
What’s in the Works for 2010?

Starting out Must list:

Soarin
Test Track
SSE
Legacy tiles (look at, purchase 2 for little girls if applicable)
Holiday Story tellers
CLP
Live entertainment
KPM
Japan
France-snacks
Norway-snacks/Malestrom
UK-gardens

The if time list:

Lving w/ the land
Innoventions (sort of on must list too)
Club cool
Mexico ride
Illuminations

Eating Choices (we’ll eat here 5 times…the most of any park)

TS: have ADR at Tutto Italia (Nathan’s Choice)

CS: Sunshine Seasons (dinner)
Sommerfest-Germany (Matt choice)
Liberty Inn
?? (yes it is ridiculous I don’t have another choice….it’s hard to pick maybe China)

The plans:

Day 2) Sat 11-20 late afternoon tour w/ Matt’s Parents

Arrival between 4/4:30 pm
Soarin (yes I am aware of no FP’s…we have a plan)
Dinner (sunshine seasons)
Possible Living w/ the Land
TT (not everyone-non riders most likely Matt, mil, Naomi-Ruth-hang out at MS space base play area) or skip
Head into WS via Canada
UK
Japan-Drums 6:35/7:15 pm
? Morroco if time
Take ferry back
SSE
Look at LAL tiles

Day 6) Wed 11-24 late morning into evening just our 6

Arrival around 10:45/11 am
Head straight to Italy
Lunch ADR Tuttio Italia 11:30 am
This is a loose planned day
Goals:
Get KPM time
Check live entertainment possible choices:
Canada Off Kilter-music
UK WS players-comedy show
Morocco MoRockin-music
Japan Miyuki-candy artist
US-drum core
Italy- Sergio-juggler
Germany music in Beirgarten (try to time w/ dinner)
China Acrobats stats at 3:05 pm
Mexico –music

Innoventions possible options:
E-Don’t Waste It, Stormstuck W-Where’s the Fire

Mouse Gear shopping
Repeats or misses from Sat
Dinner CS Sommerfest
Norway-Malestrom

Character goals: Mexico Donald, Aladdin, Jasmine, Mulan and Chip Dale(but can catch else where too)

Possible stay for Illuminations

Day 9) Sat 11-27 all day tour HOLIDAY Day!

Arrival try for RD 8:30/8:45 am
Hang out in FW till WS opens any repeats or misses from previous 2 visits

Main Goal for rest of day is WS Holiday Story tellers

So this is what I know…you can’t exactly go around the WS starting at one point and catch each show. You will need to zig zag. There are 13 different storytellers (3 in USA including meet and greet w/ Sanata and Mrs. Claus. We need to pick our top 5 and get those first and the rest will be bonus.

If I was choosing my list would be: UK- Father Christmas, Norway- Julenissen, China- Monkey King, France-Pere Noel, & Italy-La Befana

I found a great BLOG bit on the story tellers and also found out that the times guide doesn’t exactly tell you what times the tellers are out…so luckily this guy took pictures of the posts w/ the times by each station.

have to post link later....or did I already :confused3

Here are my best guesses of the times (not every picture was clear):

Canada- A Christmas Journey 11:??-8:25 pm

UK-Father Christmas 2:45, 3:55, 4:35, 5:25, 6:10, 6:45, 7:30, 8:25

France-Pere Noel 11:55 am, 12:30 pm, 1:15, 2:05, 3:30, 4:20, 5:05, 5:35

Morocco-Taarji 3:00, 4:35, 5:40, 6:30, 7:20, 8:10 pm

Japan-O’Shogatsu 12:50 pm, 1:25, 2:15, 3:05, 4:00, 4:50, 5:35, 6:45

US-Sanata/Mrs. Claus 1:30-3 pm, 4:10-6:10, 6:50-8:50 pm

(Kwanza/Hanukkah)

Itlay-LaBefana 1:00, 2:00, 2:40, 3:20, 4:20, 5:20, 6:00, 6:45

Germany-Helga

China-Monkey King 10:??, 12:45 pm, 1:00, 2:00, 3:30, 4:00, 4:35

Norway-Julenissen 3:10, 3:50, 4:30, 5:10, 5:50, 6:35, 7:15, 7:55

Mexico-3 Magical Kings 1:45, 2:35, 3:20, 4:05, 4:45, 5:30, 6:30, 7:30

Have lunch and dinner in there somewhere CS choices Liberty Inn, China, ?? base on where are we….

Catch the 5 pm showing of the Candlelight Processional…shoot to line up by 4:00/4:14 pm based on crowds

That’s it…tips, comments welcome
Thanks for reading,

J~

14 days :yay:

mousescrapper
11-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi all you can follow the link below to another thread of mine that is also attached in a Sticky on the disABILITIES board about the lates and newest version of a special guidebook I created for Nathan to help manage his ADHD and Aspergers while we are there....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=38842861#post38842861

he is a sneak peek:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6908.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/DisneysHollywoodStudios-1.jpg

J~

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-05-2010, 02:12 PM
I keep forgetting how many days you'll be there! How great to be able to split the touring up EPCOT up like that so you don't have to "Do it All" in one day!

I love love love Nathan's guidebook! How great it turned out! I think the attraction check off list is really great!

All the pictures you must have! Keeping them organized alone is a challange! I love to watch the age progression!:)

Native NYer
11-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I love the guidebook you made for Nathan.
So clever!
I think you should consider selling them on Etsy. I'm sure lots of moms would buy one :goodvibes

ladybugmom
11-06-2010, 11:29 PM
WOW!! Great list of WS Holiday Storytellers times!! This will really come in handy--thank you!! I'd love the link to the blog were you found this info!! :goodvibes

irish dancer
11-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Phew, all caught up. Love the past pics of the kids at Epcot, fun to see them at different ages. Our kids love Epcot too, especially the countries which DH and I like too.

Looks like you're going a fab job with getting things on your 'to do' list checked off! It's going to be a great trip!

KathyRN137
11-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Hi all you can follow the link below to another thread of mine that is also attached in a Sticky on the disABILITIES board about the lates and newest version of a special guidebook I created for Nathan to help manage his ADHD and Aspergers while we are there....

You're amazing! :thumbsup2

Kathy

Mickey_Mom
11-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Try this link: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1677407&l=0b5e638376&id=1035906284.

That worked thanks! VERY cute clippies.... kinda wish I could wear them myself. :rolleyes1

Julie, your guidebook is just incredible. What a fantastic Mom you are. :goodvibes

Great tips from your Epcot lessons learned. I'm going to make sure we do Kim Possible early in the day so we can do more than one and it still stays fun.

Love your lookback pictures at Epcot... who's that rascal stealing the hat? What a hoot!

I've stolen your storytellers times listing as well. I think I'll let my gang pick out one for sure each that they want to see and then like you've said, any others seen will be a bonus. :thumbsup2

Gabrielsbigtrip
11-07-2010, 08:19 AM

Kathy

I agree with that. What a wonder guide book. You really should market them. I would buy one.:worship:

mousescrapper
11-07-2010, 04:33 PM
First off we had a wonderful birthday party for the girls yesterday transforming our dinning room into Wonderland :goodvibes I will post some pix tomorrow! have not accomplished much more on my to-do list...but it's coming along...can't believe this week we start our 10 day countdown :cool1:

please stay tuned...I should have lots to share and update on as the days countdown....

I keep forgetting how many days you'll be there! How great to be able to split the touring up EPCOT up like that so you don't have to "Do it All" in one day!

yes 10 days is the perfect amount IMHO...we have 3 non park days and still plenty of park fun spread out

I love love love Nathan's guidebook! How great it turned out! I think the attraction check off list is really great!

thanks...he really likes it too

All the pictures you must have! Keeping them organized alone is a challange! I love to watch the age progression!:)

I use the program Picasa (from Google) to keep all the pictures organized...love it!

I love the guidebook you made for Nathan.
So clever!
I think you should consider selling them on Etsy. I'm sure lots of moms would buy one :goodvibes

thanks Jen! even Nathan's doctor said the same thing :goodvibes I'd need to design my own backgrounds first...since I can't sell the DISigns in any way...but maybe I'll give it attempt :confused:

WOW!! Great list of WS Holiday Storytellers times!! This will really come in handy--thank you!! I'd love the link to the blog were you found this info!! :goodvibes

thanks...here is the link:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/michaelbachand/2009/12/ready_holiday_storytelling_aro.html

Phew, all caught up. Love the past pics of the kids at Epcot, fun to see them at different ages. Our kids love Epcot too, especially the countries which DH and I like too.

that is part of the fun going back yr after yr :thumbsup2
Looks like you're going a fab job with getting things on your 'to do' list checked off! It's going to be a great trip!

I truly hope so...we really need a break and some good family time!

Kathy

aww...thanks Kathy :hug:

That worked thanks! VERY cute clippies.... kinda wish I could wear them myself. :rolleyes1

I know that is what I told Becky too

Julie, your guidebook is just incredible. What a fantastic Mom you are. :goodvibes

thanks...this was a fun one to make!

Great tips from your Epcot lessons learned. I'm going to make sure we do Kim Possible early in the day so we can do more than one and it still stays fun.

that is what I am hoping for...maybe we'll do 3...so each of the older 3 kids can have a turn as the phone holder....;)

Love your lookback pictures at Epcot... who's that rascal stealing the hat? What a hoot!

isn't that crazy...we told her to go stand by the "CM" and then poof in went her hat...it was quite funny...her expression was great...she was pretty nervous though to ask for it back

I've stolen your storytellers times listing as well. I think I'll let my gang pick out one for sure each that they want to see and then like you've said, any others seen will be a bonus. :thumbsup2

we'll have to compare notes later

I agree with that. What a wonder guide book. You really should market them. I would buy one.:worship:

:welcome: Carol....

DisMomAmy
11-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Reading about your Epcot plans makes me want to go work on mine! :cool1:

The storytellers sound amazing!!

Can't wait to see birthday pictures!

mommytothreeboys
11-08-2010, 08:08 AM
It's no secret that Epcot is our family's favorite park! I love that you have so much time to enjoy all it has to offer. :thumbsup2

The storytelling sounds fantastic! What a great way to experience the countries!

As always.....love the throwback pics! ;)

ladybugmom
11-08-2010, 09:46 AM
thanks...here is the link:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/michaelbachand/2009/12/ready_holiday_storytelling_aro.html[/COLOR]

Thank you so much for the link, Julie!! I cannot WAIT to see pics of the girls party!!! :goodvibes

mousescrapper
11-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Reading about your Epcot plans makes me want to go work on mine! :cool1:

The storytellers sound amazing!!

Can't wait to see birthday pictures!

It's no secret that Epcot is our family's favorite park! I love that you have so much time to enjoy all it has to offer. :thumbsup2

The storytelling sounds fantastic! What a great way to experience the countries!

As always.....love the throwback pics! ;)

Epcot is way more fun to plan when you can devote 2 + full days to it....I am really looking forward to having some flex time w/ this park and try and experience more of the extra stuff in stead of just rushing from one thing to the next...

Thank you so much for the link, Julie!! I cannot WAIT to see pics of the girls party!!! :goodvibes

coming up super soon...

mousescrapper
11-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Ok everyone...we are down to 11 days or 10 days depending on how you look at it...but since Disney didn't let me check in today...is still 11 ;)

Last night we placed our Garden Grocer order and changed up some stuff...

first off the new site...it's nice and it's :headache:...word to the wise...when ordering...there is 3 boxes to narrow your choices down...first is "asiles" 2nd is "brand" and 3rd has organic, gluten free, etc options to check.

now if you narrow down by brand you have to clear that back to "view all" before going into a new "asile" or using the search field....was frustrating me to the end of my wits last night...when all I wanted to do was watch the Chicago Blackhawks...but they lost...that is another :headache:

after my techinical difficulties :badpc: I go the order placed and checked that off my to-do list :banana:

so what did we need?

for 8 meals in the villa (6 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner...3 breakfasts are for 8 of us)

I got:

4 pack of Activia yogurt
2 cans sliced pears
4 pack mandarin oranges (bowls)
3 boxes 10 ct of Eggo waffles
1 17 oz and 1 25.5 oz boxes of Honey Nut cheerios
12 oz bottle syrup
can of Maxwell House Coffee (for Matt's parents)
8 oz package of bologna
jar of strawberry jam
1 1/2 gallons of 1 % milk
pkg of store brand wheat bread
6 ct of Thomas Blueberry bagels
89 oz jug of OJ
small box of chicken nuggets
1 box of Vans wheat free blueberry waffles (they are not dairy/egg free...but they will do as long as we don't slip on any other foods for Naomi-Ruth)
3 cartons of soy milk
3 single serving cherry yogurt cups for Matt

food total was $93.13
delievery was $12.00
sales tax $6.52
Gratuity (split 3 ways) $15.00

grand whopping total :scared: $126.65

Matt parents portion is $35.00...leaving our's at $91

COMING IN $19 UNDER MY PLANNED BUDGET :woohoo:

what we changed was our dinner option, got some canned fruit instead of fresh, didn't get apple/fruit juice and nixed get a 12 pack of Dr Pepper for Matt at a whopping $6.00 for him to buy a refillable mug...at $13.00...seemed to make more sense.

Food bringing from home (from packing list)

small jar PB
mac/cheese box
lemonade mix
fruit snacks
microwave popcorn
NR-cake mix, bread, sunbutter, snacks, noodles, and grated cheese

the meals broken down:

B- cereal x 3
waffles x 2
bagels x 1

L- PB J sandwiches

D- mac/cheese and nuggets for kids plus 2 t/o meals from the Wave (leftover TS credits from MP's)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

other things scratched off the list:

* my travel binder is getting closer to being ready

* emailed Special Diets this morning

* gave Matt's Dad the Welcome Folder...he liked it, especially the Abbreviation or "code" sheet

* almost all my money is in order have to set aside $ for bell services at POP/BLT, money for TS tips, and determine rest of souviner budget/spending...the girls each got g/c from my parents and sister for their birthdays plus Rachel got another 1 form a friend and I am getting together w/ my BFF next week and she will be giving the girls g/c too...plus the twins have g/c from the same friend we have been saving since thier b-day last May and my parents gave them early Christmas present of g/c too....sweet :cheer2:....

here is a quick recap of our spending money...

$7.00 for DME tips...$2 departure, $5 arrival

$10 airhop at Chicago

$100 for OOP food on Day 1/morning day 2 before DDP is up

$30 for taxi on Day 2 to CR

$28 for Mousekeeping $8 for Pop 2 rooms 1 night, $20 for BLT 1 full cleaning and 1 trash pick up (Matt's parents will contribute to full cleaning too)

$40 10 per child toward Mouse Gear purchase

$40 for Nathan PL appt

$160 for 3 girls BBB appts

each one of those is bundled, paperclip w/ a sticky note too :rolleyes1

approx bell services budget is $32 gratuity for TS meals is $87..plus maybe additional 20 for tip at the PL/BBB

get back to you on Souviner stuff...

* I have also pulled some more clothing items to the suitcases....

the to-do goals for this week....

* Have Matt finish binding the travel journals at wk

* finish Nathan's maps

* still some misc project stuff needs to be done

* more packing, clothes, misc things and get the kids carry-on bags situated

* arrange parking at airport

* 10 day check-in POP/BLT

* cancel mail

* finish getting my phone updated (lists, memory card, music)

* finish filling out CS dinning sheets

* re-load Disney rewards card

* pre-order Photopass CD

* finalize Dis meets

* get house in order: ie put away birthday party stuff...pack up halloween and fall items...take down/move things around in prep for Christmas decorating once home

* Get ready for our Pre-Disney Christmas this weekend...(tree, ornaments...:santa:)

* PTR posts....:faint:

and oh yeah..normal life stuff too:rolleyes:

stay tuned!

J~

DisMomAmy
11-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Reading your GG list makes me want to start my grocery list for our Feb trip! I need to be more organized about tip money and whatnot...

You are celebrating Christmas this weekend? :confused3 Or did you mean Thanksgiving? :confused3

jillyb
11-08-2010, 01:37 PM
You're getting the list knocked out! :thumbsup2

I've been debating on getting our Christmas stuff out so I won't have to worry about it when we get home. I usually start decorating the day/weekend after Thanksgiving.

I had to laugh at the 11 days because Disney didn't let you check in today. I tried to do the same thing! LOL

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-08-2010, 02:05 PM
You are almost to on-line check-in!! That is so exciting, but I'm sure it's stressful to you with the amount of things you need to accomplish! You've done so much already, if you don't get a pat on the back from DH or the kids, I'm giving you a great big one right now! As a mom, I am starting to realize that we don't get thanked for the little things we do, and sometimes it's really nice to hear it!:worship:

I already feel so behind in planning our anniversary trip in April. I just booked it on Friday, and we're within our ADR window already! Also, it's the first time I've been during F&G, I'm overwhelmed.......I need to start searching the boards.

Hurray for almost ten days!!!
:yay:

mousescrapper
11-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Reading your GG list makes me want to start my grocery list for our Feb trip! I need to be more organized about tip money and whatnot...

It's good to have a pre-planned list before you actually need to order I am sure I did my first run of food 6 months ago when I was figuring out the DDP plan....yes I'm not sure if I tip correctly but I always want to make sure it is pre-counted out...so I never have to worry about not having it :thumbsup2

You are celebrating Christmas this weekend? :confused3 Or did you mean Thanksgiving? :confused3

yes that is Christmas :rotfl: it is part of 10 day countdown...since the trip is so close...and several things we have bought for the trip will count as Christmas presents...we wanted to have a pre-Disney Christmas before we go...Matt and I decided the other day we might as well bring up our living room tree and go all out...more fun that way...and hey this way I'll be way ahead of the game when we get hm...(that and Matt and I will be out of town the 2 weekends before Christmas too...we'll be scrambling) now the kids don't know...so that is extra fun! a few days before we go we are having a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving...you know popcorn, toast, jelly beans, pretzels and ice cream sundaes....

You're getting the list knocked out! :thumbsup2

I am :rotfl:

I've been debating on getting our Christmas stuff out so I won't have to worry about it when we get home. I usually start decorating the day/weekend after Thanksgiving.

that is us too...

I had to laugh at the 11 days because Disney didn't let you check in today. I tried to do the same thing! LOL

worth a try right ;)

You are almost to on-line check-in!! That is so exciting, but I'm sure it's stressful to you with the amount of things you need to accomplish! You've done so much already, if you don't get a pat on the back from DH or the kids, I'm giving you a great big one right now! As a mom, I am starting to realize that we don't get thanked for the little things we do, and sometimes it's really nice to hear it!:worship:

aww thanks Sheresa

I already feel so behind in planning our anniversary trip in April. I just booked it on Friday, and we're within our ADR window already! Also, it's the first time I've been during F&G, I'm overwhelmed.......I need to start searching the boards.

Happy pre-Anniversary trip...we'll have to compare notes...I get into full swing on that after my Jan trip...we love F & G...you will love going during that time...plan lots of Epcot times!

Hurray for almost ten days!!!
:yay:

:goodvibes

MaryAz
11-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Hi Julie
I have read your last 2 reports and lurked on here awhile ago I started re-reading tonight and used the links. Then I decided I was missing to much cool chatter and am reading everything :) I am on page 30 now but am getting there:yay: Love all your planning things,details etc. You are getting so close-must be doing this about now :banana::banana::banana:

mousescrapper
11-09-2010, 07:45 AM
The theme for the girls' pre-birthday party w/ their friends was an Alice in Wonderland Tea party...

as the girls arrived they went down the rabbit hole

pix coming

and then had to follow the directions to get into Wonderland...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6916.jpg

and crawl through the tiny door

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6917.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6929.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6930.jpg

and what was on the other side, but the Mad Hatter's tea party...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6922.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6923.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6919.jpg

the girls ate little cakes, cookies and cut up fruits, plus pink and yellow "tea"

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6924.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6933.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6935.jpg

we sang Happy Birthday

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6946.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6945.jpg

and played pin the smile on the Chesire Cat

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6940.jpg

(Matt made him btw)

and a few rounds of "Where's the doormouse?" think hot potato

after presents, the girls watched the animated version of the movie. It was a wonderful party and everyone had a great time. Each girl also got a goodie bag filled w/ special treats/prizes

Later in the afternoon, my parents and siblings came over to keep celerating and spend time together...since we all won't be together for T-giving (my siblings are w/ their inlaws and you know where we will be ;)) As well it was my sister's 40th...

the little girls had fun opening a few more gifts...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6974.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6980.jpg

and we say Happy birthday to the Nov girls... :bday:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6995.jpg

mousescrapper
11-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi Julie
I have read your last 2 reports and lurked on here awhile ago I started re-reading tonight and used the links. Then I decided I was missing to much cool chatter and am reading everything :) I am on page 30 now but am getting there:yay: Love all your planning things,details etc. You are getting so close-must be doing this about now :banana::banana::banana:

Hi MaryAz and :welcome: back....thanks for popping in to say hi....that is so fun you are going back through to read everything :goodvibes

enjoy...hopefully you'll be all caught up before we leave next week :thumbsup2

mousescrapper
11-09-2010, 08:53 AM
On Friday, Nov. 19th

we will be waking up bright and early and heading out to the airport...probably around 5 am.

We will park and ride at Chicago Midway airport...and if all goes well be taking off for the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH around 8:20 am (CST)...

After landing in MCO, we'll find the Red carpet and board our DME bus to POP

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/wdwdmebus.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/Pop-Century-Resort-Screensaver_1.png

we'll spend our FIRST day get accumulated to the lovely FL weather (let's hope no rain)...check out Everything Pop f/c and have lunch.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/Pop_Century_Food_Court.jpg

If the weather cooperates we'll check out the pools

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/Disney_Pop_Century_Pin_Pool.jpg

and even do a Scavenger Hunt around the Resort.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/pop2.jpg

Once we are settled in our rooms

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/popcent37.jpg

Matt and I will head off to the MarketPlace for some dinner and shopping, plus pick up our all important pre-paid AP's :thumbsup2

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/dtd-marketplace-sign.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/earl-of-sandwich-restaurant.jpg

I hope to score some great ornaments from here

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/days_of_christmas_marquee_holland.jpg

check out Trend D

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/trend005.jpg

and just enjoy a little alone time and a huge sigh of relief...."we are here!"

Looks like a perfect start to a great 10 days....

Up NEXT: our 10 days till Disney countdown celebration and day 2....

thanks for reading,

J~

jillyb
11-09-2010, 10:01 AM
What a fun party! Love all the teapots and china!

It's getting so close!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I got your PM and just need to check our itinerary but right now it looks like our best bet on meeting is going to be the 21st at AK. :goodvibes

ladybugmom
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM
LOVE the party!! ADORABLE decorations, food, and games!! :thumbsup2 It looks like the girls had a lot of fun!!

YAY for 10 days!! WOW!! Time has really FLOWN by!! 18 days for us!! :cool1:

Charleston Princess
11-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Will you please adopt me into your family??? Seriously??? I want to go down the rabbit hole and have a tea party!

Happy Ten Days Until Disney!!!

jenjolt
11-09-2010, 06:13 PM
What a great idea for a party...so CUTE! Loved your theming!!

Another amazing list!! I just love reading your lists! Always think of something to add my list when I read yours!!

WOOT...we must be single digit dancing!!

DisMomAmy
11-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Woo Hoo!!! :banana::banana: Ten Days!! :cool1::cool1:

Your arrival day plans look great!! :thumbsup2

And :worship: for the "wonder"ful birthday party you put together for the little girls!!

Happy Birthday to Rachel & Naomi-Ruth!! :bday::bday:

MaryAz
11-09-2010, 08:54 PM
All caught up! Love, love all the organization tools, creative things and just all of it!! You guys are going to have the best trip!!

irish dancer
11-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Looks like you're getting a lot more done on your list. :thumbsup2

What a GREAT birthday party!! Love the decorations and china, it's a fun theme isn't it?

Woo Hoo on the 10 day countdown, tomorrow is SINGLE DIGITS!! :yay:

DisMomAmy
11-10-2010, 05:54 AM
Happy Single Digits Julie & family!!! Can you believe it's finally almost here!!!

:banana::banana: :dance3::dancer:party: :jumping1::rockband::jumping1: party::dancer::dance3: :banana::banana:

jillyb
11-10-2010, 08:22 AM
We're in the single digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::da nce3:

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-10-2010, 09:44 AM
SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!
:jumping1::dance3::banana::yay::cool1:

I'm so excited for you!

Wonderful tea party! The girls looked like they had so much fun!

mousescrapper
11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
What a fun party! Love all the teapots and china!

thanks you...only a few were mine, I borrowed most of it from a friend and my Mom, it was a really fun table to put together

It's getting so close!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I agree crazy...are you ready?

I got your PM and just need to check our itinerary but right now it looks like our best bet on meeting is going to be the 21st at AK. :goodvibes

sounds good..looking forward to it!

LOVE the party!! ADORABLE decorations, food, and games!! :thumbsup2 It looks like the girls had a lot of fun!!

thanks Becky...they did!

YAY for 10 days!! WOW!! Time has really FLOWN by!! 18 days for us!! :cool1:

time has really gone quick this past month! your trip is coming fast too! but also means when yours is starting mine is ending...sad

Will you please adopt me into your family??? Seriously??? I want to go down the rabbit hole and have a tea party!

anytime friend!!!

Happy Ten Days Until Disney!!!

thank you thank you!!!!

What a great idea for a party...so CUTE! Loved your theming!!

it was really fun to put it all together, Matt and I love kids parties!

Another amazing list!! I just love reading your lists! Always think of something to add my list when I read yours!!

your welcome...I think of more things as I'm writing them too

WOOT...we must be single digit dancing!!

Tuesday we are!!!

Woo Hoo!!! :banana::banana: Ten Days!! :cool1::cool1:

Your arrival day plans look great!! :thumbsup2

thanks Amy...a nice ease in!

And :worship: for the "wonder"ful birthday party you put together for the little girls!!

Happy Birthday to Rachel & Naomi-Ruth!! :bday::bday:

thanks for the early b-day wishes

All caught up! Love, love all the organization tools, creative things and just all of it!! You guys are going to have the best trip!!

wow that was fast...thank you so much. it is a ton of work...but the trip and my children's fun and memories is all worth it!

Looks like you're getting a lot more done on your list. :thumbsup2

What a GREAT birthday party!! Love the decorations and china, it's a fun theme isn't it?

Woo Hoo on the 10 day countdown, tomorrow is SINGLE DIGITS!! :yay:

it was Anne Marie...I thought of your party too, when putting everything together...so thanks!

mousescrapper
11-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Happy Single Digits Julie & family!!! Can you believe it's finally almost here!!!

:banana::banana: :dance3::dancer:party: :jumping1::rockband::jumping1: party::dancer::dance3:

We're in the single digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!
:jumping1::dance3::banana::yay:

I'm so excited for you!

Wonderful tea party! The girls looked like they had so much fun!

thanks for starting some dancin here for me Amy...it was a pretty stressful evening and morning for me...so this was a sweet lift to my day :goodvibes

YEAH!!!!! I'm going to Disney next week...in 9 days :cool1:

mousescrapper
11-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Last night...we got our touring brains in gear w/ a few rounds of

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7000.jpg

the Magic Kingdom game!

here are some pictures of our game play....

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_6999.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7002.jpg
I'm tired already

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7003.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7004.jpg
hmm where to next

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7007.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7008.jpg
I'm gonna win...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7012.jpg
I won!!!!

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7009.jpg
poor Bekah had to finsih homework during game play... :sad2:

jillyb
11-10-2010, 11:46 AM
We've got that game!!!! It took a while for us to figure out how to play but once you learn it it's really fun!

I just might have to put this on my list of things to do this weekend. :goodvibes

mousescrapper
11-10-2010, 01:53 PM
On Nov. 20th, Naomi-Ruth will be turning 4 yrs old at Walt Disney World (our Day 2)

:bday:

In the morning, our 6 will catch a cab over to CR and check into BLT at 7 am

We’ll grab some breakfast snacks on the DDP from Contempo Café

here is a nice blog about it:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2008/11/contempo_cafe_contemporary_res.html

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/ContempoCafe2.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/Contemposelfserve.jpg

Then the girls and I will walk over to the Magic Kingdom

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/Magic_Kingdom_castle.jpg

And head up an empty Main street to their 8:30 am appt at BBB

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/Bibbidi20Bobbidi20Boutique203.jpg

Matt & Nathan will check out BLT for a bit and then head over to MK as well…get Nathan’s GAC, meet up w/ Matt’s Parents and hopefully catch the Welcome show

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/welocmeshowMK.jpg

We’ll all meet at the Castle after opening and then tour Fantasyland…

Our Goals for the morning are:

Dumbo
Many Adventures of WTP
PPF
IASW
Carrousel

And if time
MPHM

We’ll then dine w/ Cinderella and other Princesses for lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table

After lunch and a Magical Morning, we’ll head out of the park and maybe catch a few character meet & greets before walking back to our Resort.

I am hoping our room may be ready before 4 pm so we can get settled in our 2 BR villa and get the first look of our view. Will we see the Bay, glimpses of Epcot, other resorts or maybe if luck has it have a tiny glimpse of the Magic Kingdom.

After a break, we’ll head back out and hop the monorail to Epcot

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/spaceship_earth400.jpg

We’ll divide and several of us will Soar over California, then we’ll have dinner at Sunshine Seasons

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/sunshineseasons.jpg

If time allows, we’ll learn about plants and gardens on Living w/ the Land and zoom around the Test track.

We’ll take our first glimpse of the World Showcase by visiting the UK

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/J-UK-03.jpg

And Japan, hoping to catch the drums

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/Epcot-JapanDrums-01.jpg

We may visit Morocco too…before heading out for the night, but not before stopping to look at the twins Leave a Legacy tiles to show their Grandparents.

I hope Naomi-Ruth has a wonderful 4th birthday she’ll always remember….

Up NEXT: our 9 days till Disney countdown celebration and Day 3….

Thanks for reading,

J~

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-10-2010, 02:17 PM
It's all very exciting! I know the girls are just going to love BBB! I don't remember, is it a surprise? Either way, how awesome to do that and CRT in one day! It's also nice that Matt and Nathan get some "guy time". I'm sure with a girl dominated house, that's extremely important!

ladybugmom
11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
LOVE the game night to celebrate 10 days!! And yay for single digits!!! Whoo hoo!!! :dance3: Day 2 plans look GREAT!! :thumbsup2

Native NYer
11-10-2010, 05:41 PM
:yay::yay::yay:Single Digits!! :yay::yay::yay:

MaryAz
11-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Hurray for single digits

:banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::yay::cool1::coo l1::cool1:

I bet her bday is going to be awesome

jenjolt
11-10-2010, 08:36 PM
:cool1::cool1: Single Digits WOOT WOOT!!!! :banana::banana:

Loved the game night pictures!!!!

OOOH the girls are going to have so much fun at BBB!!!

WelovMickey!
11-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Hello!
I started reading your pre-trip report today and I had to stop by and say we have lots of things in common! I LOVE Disney, you LOVE Disney:cloud9:; I have been 4 times with my children, you have been 4 times with your children:thumbsup2; I have 3 children (2 girls, 1 boy), you have 3 children (2 girls, 1 boy):banana:; my son has autism, your son has autism:hug:; my home is BLT :love:, your home is BLT; and finally unless I read something else my husband's name is Matt and your well...you know :laughing:
I hope you have a dream filled trip!
Ingrid

DisMomAmy
11-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Your day two plans sound great!!! :banana: I'm glad you worked out the details on your transfer to BLT - it sounds very doable! :thumbsup2

I'm sure Naomi-Ruth will have an GREAT birthday!

I don't know how you have time to keep up with the celebrations & daily updates, but I'm happy to be able to read along! :goodvibes

mousescrapper
11-11-2010, 09:58 AM
We've got that game!!!! It took a while for us to figure out how to play but once you learn it it's really fun!

I just might have to put this on my list of things to do this weekend.

the game was given to the kids as a gift, many yrs agao...we love playing and it's nice Naomi-Ruth can play along too...hope you can find a time to play

It's all very exciting! I know the girls are just going to love BBB! I don't remember, is it a surprise? Either way, how awesome to do that and CRT in one day! It's also nice that Matt and Nathan get some "guy time". I'm sure with a girl dominated house, that's extremely important!

no it's not a surprise...but it will be so fun...I am looking forward to it, just hope I can take pictures fast enough, since it will be just me w/ the 3 girls...

LOVE the game night to celebrate 10 days!! And yay for single digits!!! Whoo hoo!!! Day 2 plans look GREAT!! :thumbsup2

thanks Becky...the morning of Day 2...seems to me to be the perfect way to start...I hope my girls love BBB as much as yours :lovestruc

:yay::yay::yay:Single Digits!! :yay:

Hurray for single digits

:banana::banana::yay::yay:

I bet her bday is going to be awesome

:cool1: Single Digits WOOT WOOT!!!! :banana:

Loved the game night pictures!!!!

OOOH the girls are going to have so much fun at BBB!!!

love the single digit dacning all!!!!

and yes this will be one special 4th birthday...

Hello!
I started reading your pre-trip report today and I had to stop by and say we have lots of things in common! I LOVE Disney, you LOVE Disney:cloud9:; I have been 4 times with my children, you have been 4 times with your children:thumbsup2; I have 3 children (2 girls, 1 boy), you have 3 children (2 girls, 1 boy):banana:; my son has autism, your son has autism:hug:; my home is BLT your home is BLT; and finally unless I read something else my husband's name is Matt and your well...you know :laughing:
I hope you have a dream filled trip!
Ingrid

well hi Ingrid and welcome! that is too funny about all the in common things...I actually have 4 children 3 girls 1 boy...but still lots the same. thanks for reading and saying hello...your just in time for the big finish and the trip!

Your day two plans sound great!!! :banana: I'm glad you worked out the details on your transfer to BLT - it sounds very doable! :thumbsup2

I hope it won't have many kinks...

I'm sure Naomi-Ruth will have an GREAT birthday!

thanks...she can't wait!

I don't know how you have time to keep up with the celebrations & daily updates, but I'm happy to be able to read along! :goodvibes

me neither....:laughing: well actually I pre-typed up all the rest of the main posts...

mousescrapper
11-11-2010, 10:06 AM
well folks 9 days to Disney went by in a blink of an eye and a little planned Bingo night, didn't actually happen :sad1:...our evening was too busy w/ homework, dinner and then we had the twin parent teacher conferences last night and we were gone awile, when we got home it was time for the little girls to go to bed...hope we can squezze something in tonight for our 8 days till....lots going on again.

But I did manage to get a few more things crossed off my list :banana:

* did online check-in for BLT (couldn't get a room request in though I did do one via the phone awhile back) can't access the system for POP :headache: have tried 4 times....

* finished filling out my CS dining choice sheets

* finalized my Dis meet w/ Jill for our AK day on the 21st we're going to meet up at KS and ride together...should be fun :simba:

* yesterday after Naomi-Ruth's IEP review (which went well...we have some great goals for her and hoping she'll be in the blended class full time before the end of the yr) I made her some picture schedules (using Boardmaker) for our first day of Disney and then a generic version for the rest of the days. (plus I made her a morning/evening routine cards for home)...I'll have to post a pix later

J~

mousescrapper
11-11-2010, 10:32 AM
On Sunday, Nov 21st we’ll get WILD at the Animal Kingdom….

We’ll have breakfast for the first time in the Villa and then head over to the TTA to catch a direct bus to the AK. We won’t make pre-park opening since it will open at 8 am…but we’ll still have a great morning.

We’ll stop to take our customary AK welcome sign picture of the kids

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_0897.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_1527.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_2604.jpg

Then we’ll make our way up the Oasis to see this

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/AnimalKingdom-2.jpg

We’ll grab FP’s for Matt’s parents to go on a Safari later in the morning and head over to the FotLK show at 10 am…

After feeling “no worries” and getting chills (the good kind) from the amazing music and show, we’ll jump on board our 2 weeks Safari plus meet Jillyb and her family...DISMEET!

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/KilamanjaroSafaris.jpg

Up next we’ll explore the Pangani Forest Trail and hope to see these majestic giants

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/gorilla.jpg

I can smell FTBBQ calling us now as we stop for lunch. Before we head out for the day we’ll do the shopping and take some time to look at the ToL some more.

After a restful break and maybe some swimming back at BLT

Our 6 will walk (I love writing that) over to MK for the rest of the night…while Matt’s Parents will enjoy a quiet night together and dine at California Grill and watch Wishes from the restaurant.

Our MK night will include:

Dinner at CHH
some possible rides
characters and shopping

we’ll take advantage of hopeful small lines during the 1st showing of MSEP and we’ll catch it at 11:00pm

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/main_street_electrical_parade.jpg

we’ll watch the castle lighting and then Wishes

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/holidaycastle.jpg

We’ll stay on for the EMH night!

GOALS:

Peoplemover
BTMRR
POC
HM
Buzz
Speedway
Magic Carpets

After dragging ourselves to our beds…did I mention we’ll be walking…a good night’s sleep before Day 4!

Up NEXT: 8 days till Disney countdown celebration and our day 4….

Thanks for reading,

J~

WelovMickey!
11-11-2010, 11:04 AM
well hi Ingrid and welcome! that is too funny about all the in common things...I actually have 4 children 3 girls 1 boy...but still lots the same. thanks for reading and saying hello...your just in time for the big finish and the trip!

Oops sorry! I got all excited an counted your girls wrong. :goodvibes plus it was late. Have a magical trip!!

Gabrielsbigtrip
11-11-2010, 11:35 AM
What a wonderful Alice Party!!!!!!

You just reinforce my thinking that God blesses special needs children with very special parents:goodvibes

I think Gabriel would be able to play that Magic Kingdom game.....maybe a Christmas gift idea.:santa:

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-11-2010, 01:51 PM
That picture of the castle is soooo beautiful! I am longing to be there! Now, I'm so excited for you to be there, but I can't wait for you to come back and write your TR!:lmao:

irish dancer
11-11-2010, 03:20 PM
We have that Magic Kingdom game!! We all love to play it, it's been a while though so I think maybe this weekend we'll pull it out for family game night.

Sounds like another great day! I LOVE the FotLK show, it's my favorite!!! I'm betting you'll love the walk over to MK from BLT, can't wait to hear all about it!

DisMomAmy
11-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Another Magic Kingdom game family here! I'm getting so many great ideas for counting down our trip from you! Sorry your Bingo night didn't work out but I'm sure you don't need to drum up excitement this close to the trip!!

Your AK plans look great - with a bonus DIS-meet!! :thumbsup2

Yay for online check-in!!! :banana: And another YAY for a good IEP meeting! :banana: We have Alex's on Wednesday. They keep saying how well he's doing that I'm nervous they want to take things away... but he's had a bunch of testing done this year so we'll see... :confused3

mousescrapper
11-12-2010, 12:33 PM

Oops sorry! I got all excited an counted your girls wrong. :goodvibes plus it was late. Have a magical trip!!

thanks I really hope we do!!!!

What a wonderful Alice Party!!!!!!

You just reinforce my thinking that God blesses special needs children with very special parents:goodvibes

:hug: thanks Carol...I need reminders like alot

I think Gabriel would be able to play that Magic Kingdom game.....maybe a Christmas gift idea.:santa:

try amazon or ebay...you won't see on store shelves it is a great game!

That picture of the castle is soooo beautiful! I am longing to be there! Now, I'm so excited for you to be there, but I can't wait for you to come back and write your TR!:lmao:

let's hope I'll have lots of good stuff to share :goodvibes

We have that Magic Kingdom game!! We all love to play it, it's been a while though so I think maybe this weekend we'll pull it out for family game night.

:thumbsup2

Sounds like another great day! I LOVE the FotLK show, it's my favorite!!! I'm betting you'll love the walk over to MK from BLT, can't wait to hear all about it!

it's actually one of the silly things I am most looking forward to

Another Magic Kingdom game family here! I'm getting so many great ideas for counting down our trip from you! Sorry your Bingo night didn't work out but I'm sure you don't need to drum up excitement this close to the trip!!

I'm not sure the kids really realize how close it is now....hard for me to believe!

Your AK plans look great - with a bonus DIS-meet!! :thumbsup2

yes my first official one :cool1:

Yay for online check-in!!! :banana: And another YAY for a good IEP meeting! :banana: We have Alex's on Wednesday. They keep saying how well he's doing that I'm nervous they want to take things away... but he's had a bunch of testing done this year so we'll see... :confused3

need to get POP one to work and then I'll be all set....thanks and keep me posted on Alex's this week...have stuff to share for Bekah, we'll have to chat "live" when I get home...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more stuff DONE!!!!!

the packing (clothes and misc) is almost all done...just have a small list of things to put in the bags should be done this weekend w/ that.

Both my Dismeets are finalized :thumbsup2 I'll share my plans for my meet w/ Marshay on my Day 4 plans shorty...

all my Dismeet goodies are ready to go

Ran errands this morning w/ Matt and hopefully got the rest of things I need for the trip
wet wipes
cold medcine (let's hope we don't need it)
disposable containers for Naomi-Ruth's food
batteries
lrger memory card for my phone
TS3 on DVD (airport)
another ls white shirt for me
other food items

BTW Naomi is having a party in her tummy right now :rotfl2:

we are most likely scratching doing the park and ride at the airport and are going to have my brother in law take us on Friday and they will keep our van at their house (they live 20 min from the airport) and then pick us up on the 28th...save us $100 :thumbsup2

On today's to-do list is:

finish carry-on bags
my phone stuff
pre-order Photopass
reload DWC
try to pre-check in again for Pop

and the big thing is prepare for Disney Christmas in the morning (it's a surprise :santa:)

mousescrapper
11-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Last night was Memories Night....

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7017.jpg

yes you'll count only 7 loops I took down the 8th loop then took the picture...duh!

I pulled out all my Disney scrapbooks from our previous trips and the girls enjoyed looking through them.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7016.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7018.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7019.jpg

plus we watched our Disney Photopass movie from our 2008 trip. It is always fun to look back and get even more excited for the new things we'll do!

J~

mousescrapper
11-12-2010, 12:50 PM
On Monday, Nov 22nd…it will be TSM or BUST! At Disney Hollywood Studios….

Another breakfast in the villa, before heading off to DHS for the morning. We hope to catch rope drop today…but we’ll see how tired we are from our late night….

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/DHSlogo.jpg

We’ll grab FP’s for TSM for Matt’s parents and then see if we get the Gangster or Cowboy on TGMR

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/mgm_movieride2.jpg
my favorite part of the ride!

We may checkout the Backlot tour or head back over to Pixar Place and throw some darts and bust some plates as we take our spin on the Midway.

A Buzz and Woody meet and greet is next on our list!

Then after some lunch, we’ll see what Ariel is up to in the Little Mermaid show.

Based on time we may add a few more things from these options:

Drawing Academy
B&B show
PHDL

We’ll head back to BLT for a quick break and then head back out via a water taxi to the FWC and go check out the horses for Bekah. Plus we have our 2nd DISMEET planned for this afternoon, meeting up w/ Marshay and her family before our dinner ADR's...

We’ll end our day at the HDDR

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/hoopdeedoo2.jpg

And enjoy this dinner show for the first time!

Late night may include watching Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge or taking a swim. Matt may also do his 1-ride MK night tonight (the park is open till 12 am) and/or maybe a few of us going to see MSEP again...

Up NEXT: our 7 days till Disney countdown celebration and our Day 5 plans….

Thanks for reading,

J~

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-12-2010, 01:17 PM
You know, it's funny, I never knew that TGMR had a cowboy, I always thought it was just a man or woman gangster.:confused3
I hope Bekah enjoys the horses at FWC, I've always wanted to go there. That'll be one of the things I'll look forward to in your TR.;)
Do you have plans to watch Wishes from the lounge any other night? I think that would be an AWESOME spot to see it!
I can't believe your this close, you are so right that the time flew by!!

irish dancer
11-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Yay for another day closer!! :thumbsup2

Love the GMR, I think we've only gotten the cowboy scene once. :confused: Yay for a DISmeet! Looking forward to hearing about HDDR when you get back. We've never done it but are considering it for June.

Made our VBR ressie today for the end of our June trip so it was kind of a Disney day here too! :goodvibes

mousescrapper
11-12-2010, 04:50 PM
You know, it's funny, I never knew that TGMR had a cowboy, I always thought it was just a man or woman gangster.:confused3
I hope Bekah enjoys the horses at FWC, I've always wanted to go there. That'll be one of the things I'll look forward to in your TR.;)
Do you have plans to watch Wishes from the lounge any other night? I think that would be an AWESOME spot to see it!
I can't believe your this close, you are so right that the time flew by!!

yes it seems you either always get the cowboy or the ganster...odd huh?

we have never seen the horse barn and have been intrigued since seeing pix from one of Heidi's trips...Bekah LOVES horses....yes we hope to try and catch Wishes many times from our key viewing spot!

Yay for another day closer!! :thumbsup2

Love the GMR, I think we've only gotten the cowboy scene once. :confused: Yay for a DISmeet! Looking forward to hearing about HDDR when you get back. We've never done it but are considering it for June.

Made our VBR ressie today for the end of our June trip so it was kind of a Disney day here too! :goodvibes

another day closer and another bunch of stuff done...feeling better now, that I may actually get it all done :goodvibes...now if we can all stay healthy :confused:

yes I am really looking forward to HDDR...and :banana: yay for you and making your ressie...I'll be able to make the Oct one in just 4 days...

J~

Native NYer
11-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Your trip is so close! :yay:
I love your plans. HDDR looks like so much fun.
Your children must be so excited.
Were you able to do online check-in for Pop?
I'm looking forward to reading about your experience at Pop. We're trying to decide on a resort for the night before our 10 night reservations starts at BLT next summer. Right now, we're considering 2 rooms at either Pop or one of the Mods, hopefully with a great AP rate.

Hedy
11-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Hi there Julie! Holy cow, 6 days! The new restaurant at the Old McDonalds in DTD has a bakery with gluten free cupcakes-might be worth checking out for Naomi-Ruth.

mousescrapper
11-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Your trip is so close! :yay:
I love your plans. HDDR looks like so much fun.
Your children must be so excited.
Were you able to do online check-in for Pop?
I'm looking forward to reading about your experience at Pop. We're trying to decide on a resort for the night before our 10 night reservations starts at BLT next summer. Right now, we're considering 2 rooms at either Pop or one of the Mods, hopefully with a great AP rate.

they are getting very excitied...Nathan asked last night at dinner when are we going to start packing :rotfl: he must not have been in my room for the past month...."dude your stuff is packed!"

yes got the online to work for Pop last night for our 2 room ressie and the ressie for my inlaws...I did it from an email link from WDWTC...so maybe that is the trick.

I am looking forward to our quick stay there...I'll give you the low down and how well the resort transfer goes. PS thank you again for all your great tips of BLT for us!

Hi there Julie! Holy cow, 6 days! The new restaurant at the Old McDonalds in DTD has a bakery with gluten free cupcakes-might be worth checking out for Naomi-Ruth.

Hi Hedy...thanks for the cupcake heads up...I will for sure go check that out when Matt and I go over there on Friday night :thumbsup2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was a very productive day after the errands...and I gave Matt is "honey Disney do list"...unfortunately he now has a pile of fix-it's too...Nathan's lanyard, headphones, NE headphones cord de tangle, Rachel's princess crown.....:sad2:

But I was able to basically get all the carry-on bags situated...just a few misc things to figure out.

I called to re-load my Disney Rewards card.

Got online checkin to work for POP

all the fall/Halloween decorations have been put away and it's Mickey Christmas in our living room :santa:

this morning the girls, and boys got their haricuts...I'm going to get my harir cut/color and a pedicure on Tues night :cloud9: I was just going to do my own nails...but they look nasty from the summer and I need a little pamper before the trip.

I also stocked up on $40 worth of cold remedies...no flu , but just about everyone is feeling a little :sick:...lots' of vitamin C and resting!

Today I have mounds of laundry to fold and do plus get the rest of the misc clothes items packed in the suitcases.

J~

mousescrapper
11-13-2010, 01:06 PM
On Friday night we played a couple rounds of Disney Bingo...the original plan for this night was suppose to be an Alice In Wonderland night...but considering the little girls' birthday was just the previous weekend...we opted for something else...plus we got a late start to our Disney night, doing more packing, etc....

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7020.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7021.jpg

and the kids needed to get to bed early so Matt and I could get our

Mickey Christmas surprise ready

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7022.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7023.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7024.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7025.jpg

OK maybe a WTP Christmas

when the kids woke up they asked "why do you have Christmas stuff out, Mom?" :confused3

they were very suprised and truly had no idea.

Here they are opening their presents:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7030.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7031.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7033.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7034.jpg

their handmade journals and autograph books

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7039.jpg

Noami-Ruth's new hat

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7040.jpg

Rachel's pressed penny book

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7043.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7042.jpg

the twins got new sweatshirts

the girls loved their homemade hairclippies...at first Naomi was like "I don't like that chicken" :rotfl:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7044.jpg

plus Bekah and Rachel got their Princess dresses....

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7052.jpg

Rachel unfortunately was a little disappointed since I had orginally told her I would buy her a Sleeping Beauty dress...but after thinking about and trying it on...she now really likes it.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7059.jpg

the sparkle snow white shoes...though don't fit

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7046.jpg

either girl :headache: and of course are not on the website anymore...Naomi-Ruth is like Mom they will work...hopefully Matt and I can find some shoes for them on Friday after we get down there.

the trading pins were a big hit and everyone was very excited!

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7053.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7054.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7056.jpg

it was a great morning and surprise! Matt also made Mickey pancakes

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7058.jpg

(I found GF, DF, EF, mix for Naomi-Ruth so she got some too....even ate them for lunch too)

J~

mousescrapper
11-13-2010, 01:14 PM
On Tuesday, Nov 23rd Rachel will be turning 8 and have a practically perfect Birthday!

We’ll start our day w/ Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter at our 1900 PF 8 am ADR

We’ll check out the HUGE gingerbread house in the GF lobby

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/gingerbreadhouse.jpg

Before catching the monorail over to the MK for another great day of fun…

Our Goals for this day include:

Jungle Cruise
Buzz
Tea Cups (can’t wait to get pictures of Rachel in her Alice dress on this ride)
A Train ride
HOP

And if time…

COP
HM
Peoplemover
Splash (I’ll be in a poncho)

As well today Nathan will channel his inner Pirate at his Pirate League appt…

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/Pirates20League2001.jpg

plus another great blog link for you all...

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/06/pirates_league.html

We’ll end our day w/ our "private" Pirate tour guide (Nathan) on a tour of the Caribbean on POC

We’ll walk back to BLT for a short break and change of clothes before grabbing some dinner at the Contempo Café before catching a bus back to DHS to see

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/osbornelights.jpg

The Osborne Lights….I can’t WAIT!

We’ll try and do a few things we didn’t do on Monday like

NY backdrop (picture of Matt and I)
Drawing Academy/PHDL
And try to allow the kids some time at the HISTK playground

We want to leave before F! crowds let out…should be a great way to end Rachel’s special day.

Up NEXT: 5 days till Disney countdown celebration and our Day 6 plans….

Thanks for reading,

J~

irish dancer
11-13-2010, 02:11 PM
What a fun surprise!! The kids must have been so excited to see the tree/presents when they woke up this morning. Plus now you won't have to do that when you get back!

Sounds like Rachel will have a great birthday! Love those Osborne lights!! :thumbsup2

I know you must be crazy with all the things you have to do before leaving Friday so if you need anything give me a call!!

DisMomAmy
11-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Another great birthday!! :bday: Happy Birthday to Rachel!!

And I guess Merry Christmas too!! :santa:

I love that you guys put up your tree to surprise the kids with a mini-Disney-Christmas. They must have had so much fun!! And I'm glad to see the hat fit Naomi-Ruth!! I think it looks great! :thumbsup2

Your Day 5 plans look great! I'm so jealous about the Osborne Lights!

Native NYer
11-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Your early Christmas celebration is such a great idea!
Your kids are lucky to have such a creative mom.

What a fun day you have planned for Nov. 23rd! Rachel's going to have an unforgettable 8th birthday.

Hedy
11-13-2010, 02:43 PM
I love the twin's hoodies!

jillyb
11-13-2010, 07:42 PM
The Mickey Christmas was awesome! Love all your decorations and seeing the kids opening their presents.

We may run in to ya'll at the MK on the 23rd. We have a 7:50 breakfast at Kona and then we're going to the MK and hitting Toon Town to see the fairies.

Marshay
11-13-2010, 09:33 PM
I love your Christmas surprises -- complete with a Christmas tree and all the decorations!! Great job!

I must say I really, really like your Day 4 DIS-meet plans!!;)

If we go to MK on 11/23, I hope we run into you all again! I really want to see the girls' dresses and Nathan as a pirate!

jenjolt
11-14-2010, 07:23 AM
What a great pre-Christmas event! I love it! Those homemade journals...I want one LOL!!!!! They look like so much fun!!!!!

Trading pins!!! Big hit at my house too!! Hope they have fun finding and trading for pins!!!!

OOOH what a great day!! Pirates League is going to be so much fun! Can't wait to see those pictures!!!!

mousescrapper
11-14-2010, 06:29 PM
What a fun surprise!! The kids must have been so excited to see the tree/presents when they woke up this morning.
Plus now you won't have to do that when you get back!

Sounds like Rachel will have a great birthday! Love those Osborne lights!! :thumbsup2

I know you must be crazy with all the things you have to do before leaving Friday so if you need anything give me a call!!

Another great birthday!! :bday: Happy Birthday to Rachel!!

And I guess Merry Christmas too!! :santa:

I love that you guys put up your tree to surprise the kids with a mini-Disney-Christmas. They must have had so much fun!! And I'm glad to see the hat fit Naomi-Ruth!! I think it looks great! :thumbsup2

Your Day 5 plans look great! I'm so jealous about the Osborne Lights!

Your early Christmas celebration is such a great idea!
Your kids are lucky to have such a creative mom.

What a fun day you have planned for Nov. 23rd! Rachel's going to have an unforgettable 8th birthday.

I love the twin's hoodies!

The Mickey Christmas was awesome! Love all your decorations and seeing the kids opening their presents.

We may run in to ya'll at the MK on the 23rd. We have a 7:50 breakfast at Kona and then we're going to the MK and hitting Toon Town to see the fairies.

I love your Christmas surprises -- complete with a Christmas tree and all the decorations!! Great job!

I must say I really, really like your Day 4 DIS-meet plans!!;)

If we go to MK on 11/23, I hope we run into you all again! I really want to see the girls' dresses and Nathan as a pirate!

What a great pre-Christmas event! I love it! Those homemade journals...I want one LOL!!!!! They look like so much fun!!!!!

Trading pins!!! Big hit at my house too!! Hope they have fun finding and trading for pins!!!!

OOOH what a great day!! Pirates League is going to be so much fun! Can't wait to see those pictures!!!!

hey all sorry I can't give you each a personal thanks and shout out...things a bit crazy around here (as you can imagine) and but of course I am :sick:

UGH!

just trying to rest and finish up the absolute neccessaries at this point...

but we had a fun morning and we are looking forward to the trip a ton...right now I feel I bit :eek: but I know come Thursday night it will be all good....

J~

mousescrapper
11-14-2010, 06:35 PM
On Wednesday, Nov. 24th we are having a “no plan-plan day” at Epcot….

A sleep in morning and say good-bye to Matt’s Parents before heading off to Epcot and Italy in particular

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/E-Italy-02-1.jpg

For our 11:30 am lunch at Tutto Italia…yum!

The we’ll see what new adventures, magic and saving we can do during our World Showcase day…

Goals are:

Grab a few KPM times
Check out the live entertainment schedule
Innoventions
Mouse Gear shopping
Favorites/repeats

And enjoy dinner in Germany.

We may or may not stay for Illuminations….

Up NEXT: Our Day 7 plans and more misc planning updates....

Thanks for reading,

J~

Native NYer
11-14-2010, 07:17 PM
I hope you're feeling better :goodvibes
Your plans look great!

DisMomAmy
11-14-2010, 07:20 PM
It's getting so close!!!! :banana:

Day six looks great! :thumbsup2

Hope you are able to get some rest & feel better soon! :hug:

jenjolt
11-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Love your EPCOT plans!!

I'm sure the kids and the grown ups (LOL) will enjoy the KP missions! I intend to do a couple myself during my next trip!

Marshay
11-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry you all are feeling sick/blah. I've been on "extra" alert for the past 10 days -- extra hat and scarves when we go out, even if they are not needed:rotfl2:, extra vitamins, blow dry hair immediately after showers, etc.

I know it may be old wives tales, but I don't want us to get sick before our trip. Last November we all caught some kind of flu and were visiting the doctors for meds 2 days prior!:scared1:

irish dancer
11-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Oh no, I hope you're feeling better soon! Drink lots of fluids!!

Gotta love the sleep in days. ;) We did two KP missions last trip and had fun, looking forward to trying some new ones too. We like Biergarten too, the kids have asked if we can go there again in June.

mommytothreeboys
11-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Wow! It looks like you have been very busy! The Alice in Wonderland party looks fantastic. Your girls are very blessed to have such a creative mommy! ;)

Your plans look wonderful and make me want to tag along!

I absolutely love the Mickey Christmas surprise! How fun to wake up to an unexpected Christmas! :woohoo:

Can't wait to share in this week of :cool1: "getting ready to go" craziness! Bring it on!

mousescrapper
11-15-2010, 08:02 AM
I hope you're feeling better :goodvibes
Your plans look great!

It's getting so close!!!! :banana:

Day six looks great! :thumbsup2

Hope you are able to get some rest & feel better soon! :hug:

Love your EPCOT plans!!

I'm sure the kids and the grown ups (LOL) will enjoy the KP missions! I intend to do a couple myself during my next trip!

Sorry you all are feeling sick/blah. I've been on "extra" alert for the past 10 days -- extra hat and scarves when we go out, even if they are not needed:rotfl2:, extra vitamins, blow dry hair immediately after showers, etc.

I know it may be old wives tales, but I don't want us to get sick before our trip. Last November we all caught some kind of flu and were visiting the doctors for meds 2 days prior!:scared1:

Oh no, I hope you're feeling better soon! Drink lots of fluids!!

Gotta love the sleep in days. ;) We did two KP missions last trip and had fun, looking forward to trying some new ones too. We like Biergarten too, the kids have asked if we can go there again in June.

Wow! It looks like you have been very busy! The Alice in Wonderland party looks fantastic. Your girls are very blessed to have such a creative mommy! ;)

Your plans look wonderful and make me want to tag along!

I absolutely love the Mickey Christmas surprise! How fun to wake up to an unexpected Christmas! :woohoo:

Can't wait to share in this week of :cool1: "getting ready to go" craziness! Bring it on!

thanks all....still feeling the same, yes resting as much as one can and drinking my fluids, using V-C too Marsha :hug:

I am proud of myself to build in just "goal-plan" days and times...figuring T-giving week is one time we must be flexible and willing to go w/ the flow at times....

have less and less on my to-do list...so that is good! Should be a quick week, w/ last minute prep and lots of non Disney stuff going on this week w/ dr appts, Scouts, Orchestra concert and more...we still have a few more Disney countdown celebrations up ahead too...I leave in 4 days how did that happen ;)

mousescrapper
11-15-2010, 08:23 AM
On Thursday, Nov 25th we’ll celebrate Thanksgiving in Walt Disney World…

Today is our let’s rest and be thankful day!

The only scheduled things for today are breakfast at Chef Mickey’s (9:30 am) and our T-giving Meal at WCC at 4:50 pm

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/WCC.jpg

Our afternoon will be spent, hanging out at BLT…the pool, community center and maybe even taking advantage of the amazing AP discount and go mini golfing

The night may include swimming, watching Wishes and or the EWP from the beach

Up NEXT: 4 days till Disney countdown celebration and our Day 8 plans….

Thanks for reading,

J!

DisMomAmy
11-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Sounds like a PERFECT way to spend Thanksgiving!!!

Native NYer
11-15-2010, 04:03 PM
What a great way to spend Thanksgiving!
Friday will be here before you know it.
Hope you're feeling better today :goodvibes

Gabrielsbigtrip
11-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Stock up on Airborne.....I just did that prior to our trip to Florida for a family wedding. I do think it helped a cold turning into full on bed ridden sick. I think it has super duper amounts of V-C!

OOOOOO, Thanksgiving at the WL:love: We LOVE it there. I just booked us for May in the Villas there. I had a 40% off code and it's Gabriel's 10th b-day:dance3:

mousescrapper
11-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Sounds like a PERFECT way to spend Thanksgiving!!!

What a great way to spend Thanksgiving!
Friday will be here before you know it.
Hope you're feeling better today :goodvibes

thanks I agree....it will be different...but a very FUN different~!

Stock up on Airborne.....I just did that prior to our trip to Florida for a family wedding. I do think it helped a cold turning into full on bed ridden sick. I think it has super duper amounts of V-C!

OOOOOO, Thanksgiving at the WL:love: We LOVE it there. I just booked us for May in the Villas there. I had a 40% off code and it's Gabriel's 10th b-day:dance3:

Yes we have some....thanks!

and :cool1: yeah and your ressie and upcoming b-day trip for Gabriel...the big double digit b-day...very fun!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In life and trip stuff.....

airport arrangements have been made...picking my Dad up on the way, he'll drop us off and then take our van to my sister's on Friday. will call my BIL on the 28th when we are leaving FL and he'll pick us up and we have an emergency major delay plan too....

called all the schools/bus company yesterday to notify them of the kids not being in school on Friday (they have all the other's days off for break)

have packed a few more clothing items and misc things

I have tolietries spread out on my bed to organize, refill small bottles and pack today.

Matt is getting more done on his Disney do list too.

BUT~

2 kids are home :sick: today...maybe a sick I'd send them to school w/ normally but a stay at home in bed day...is probably best since we are leaving in 3 days :eek: everyone else is a little under the weather too...hope this doesn't turn south or better get it done in the next 48 hrs....

no Disney countdown celebrations the last two days...but we'll try and pull off our Charlie Brown pre-Thanksgiving tomorrow and finish go over all the plans w/ the kids too.

J~

mousescrapper
11-16-2010, 10:04 AM
On Friday Nov. 28th…we’ll be having a hooping fabulous day!

After breakfast in the villa, we’ll walk over to the MK and hopefully catch the morning show before strolling up Main Street

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/christmasma.jpg

Our top thing for today is to meet Tink and her Fairy friends

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/FairiesMeetAndGreet_998-1.jpg

Then we’ll hop on over to AK again for the majority of the day…

We’ll have an early lunch at Restaurantosaurus and then let the kids enjoy some playtime at the Boneyard

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/dinoland.jpg

Then we’ll go in search of this yr’s group shot w/ Mickey in his Safari gear.

Other goals include:

The Nemo show
KS
The Maharajah Jungle trek

And seeing the Jammin Jingle Parade

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/jingle_jangle_parade2.jpg

After that we’ll head back to BLT for a break/night and have dinner in the villa

Finish off the night w/ hopping (or walking) back to MK for the last time of this trip…all or some, we’ll play it by ear…

Goals for the night include:

Favorites, repeats, misses

POC
HM
BTMRR
PPF
Buzz
parade
Etc….

Up NEXT: 3 days till Disney countdown celebration and our Day 9 plans….

Thanks for reading,

J~

DisMomAmy
11-16-2010, 12:41 PM
I love that you can walk to Magic Kingdom!! :cool1:

And I love all the Christmas decorations too!! :santa:

Hope you are all feeling better soon! :goodvibes

Native NYer
11-16-2010, 01:23 PM
I hope everyone is feeling better soon :goodvibes

irish dancer
11-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Here's some extra PD for you and the family that all sickness leaves quickly. :wizard::wizard:

Love your Tgiving day plans, sounds wonderfully relaxing. Great day after plans too!

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Julie, so excited for you!! I'm sorry some of the kids are home sick, though. Much pixie dust coming your way that some rest nips it in the bud.

WDWCP96
11-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Hope everyone feels better by Friday! Lots of rest and vitamins and of course a little pixie dust never hurts anyone!

Also being able to walk to MK is definitely one of the best parts of BLT!

Charleston Princess
11-17-2010, 04:26 AM
I can't believe you are so close to your trip! In case I don't make it back on before you leave, have a wonderful trip!!! :wizard:

mommytothreeboys
11-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Thanksgiving in WDW sounds fabulous! And I love the idea of just strolling to the MK for the evening. AWESOME!! :thumbsup2

Sorry everyone is a little under the weather...here's hoping they all get it out of their systems now and feel better for your trip!

mousescrapper
11-17-2010, 09:08 AM
I love that you can walk to Magic Kingdom!! :cool1:

And I love all the Christmas decorations too!! :santa:

Hope you are all feeling better soon! :goodvibes

I hope everyone is feeling better soon :goodvibes

Thanks Amy and Jennifer...

I am looking forward to seeing those Christmas decorations, we are semi on the mend...Nathan is home again this morning, feeling a bit better, but hoping another day will help a lot. Rachel is still in debate, I'm so-so but my doctor called in some emergency and help med's to keep this cold from agravating my asthma. Matt is doing better...some hard hitting medicine has helped him. Naomi-Ruth and Bekah seem to be teetering on OK and no so ok...so let's hope it stays and the happy side.

Here's some extra PD for you and the family that all sickness leaves quickly. :wizard::wizard:

thanks Anne Marie...I hope so too!

Love your Tgiving day plans, sounds wonderfully relaxing. Great day after plans too!

I agree it will be somewhat fast paced in the begiining...my slower toward the end...hope that plans works to our advantage w/ the incoming crowds

Julie, so excited for you!! I'm sorry some of the kids are home sick, though. Much pixie dust coming your way that some rest nips it in the bud.

Hope everyone feels better by Friday! Lots of rest and vitamins and of course a little pixie dust never hurts anyone!

Also being able to walk to MK is definitely one of the best parts of BLT!

thanks guys :goodvibes

I can't believe you are so close to your trip! In case I don't make it back on before you leave, have a wonderful trip!!! :wizard:

thank you Jackie...hope I have lot's of great adventures to write about when we get back....

Thanksgiving in WDW sounds fabulous! And I love the idea of just strolling to the MK for the evening. AWESOME!! :thumbsup2

Sorry everyone is a little under the weather...here's hoping they all get it out of their systems now and feel better for your trip!

thanks Missy....yes the plans look good, a nice mixture of fun and rest! and let's hope we can get a little more healthy and stay that way for Mickey!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in getting ready....

I was able to pack all the tolietries we need and most of the misc med's...just have the morning of things (toothbrushes, deorderant, etc) and get the twins daily med's together...

I packed the rest of the food items we are brining for NR w/ the exception of her bread and sunbutter.

Only a few misc clothing items of mine need to be packed too

Based on the lovely weather outlook I went ahead and packed the swimsuits in our carry-on bag and put the ponchos in a suitcase (checked)...I am hoping we won't need those things at all this trip :thumbsup2

I have opted to just go w/ bare toes and sandles for my shoes...w/ highs in the 70's and 80's and lows in the upper 50's I hope my toes will be ok ....what do you think???:confused3 I may change my mind last second ????

Matt is still working on getting the kids MP3 players working and fixing Bekah's hoodie (lining) and needs to make Nathan's pirate pants.

the girls made our mousekeeping and TS tip envelopes...they have 1 left to do.

I still need to get the rest of the stuff uploaded into my phone today and a few other misc things.

My goal is to get the rest of all the TRIP stuff done today before the kids get home from school. I am meeting up w/ a friend tonight to pre-celebrate her b-day (11-20) and post celebrate mine from Aug...plus she has our plane seatbelt and g/c for the girls for their b-days....as well tonight we are having our pre-Thanksgiving celebration and have some plan stuff to start going over...we'll have to finish the rest on Thursday night...

wish me luck!

J~

mousescrapper
11-17-2010, 09:14 AM
On Saturday, Nov 27th…we’ll have a World Holiday Celebration….

After breakfast in the villa, we take the monorail to Epcot and possible make it to our first EP RD ever….

This is another “no plan-plan” day…

We’ll start out the morning in FW w/ favorites, repeats and misses then at the opening of WS at 11 am…

We’ll start our Holiday Storytelling Tour. Our top 5 choices that we hope to see are:

yet tbd :confused:

We will take in the splendor and joy of the 5 pm Candlelight Processional

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/clp.jpg

And finish off our night w/ more Holiday fun…before heading back to our room for our last SLEEP at Disney….

On Sunday, Nov 28th…it will be time to say Good-bye…

After our last breakfast in our villa, well finish packing up our stuff and say farewell to our home away from home for the past 9 days….

We’ll just enjoy some time together at the resort before catching our DME return bus and we should be back home in Chicago around 5 pm CST….

Up NEXT: recap of our Pre-Thanksgiving and 1 day till Disney countdown celebration and My Wishes….

Thanks for reading,

J~

mousescrapper
11-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Oh forgot to mention and ypu'll see I adjusted my rotating ticker....but yesterday I did remember tocall DVC member services and made the ressie for our 15 yr anniversary trip...have a lake view studio booked at BLT...I'll call back in April and try to switch it to BWV at the 7 month out mark...:goodvibes

we'll be going Oct. 16-20th :yay:

also yesterday night I went to get my hair colored (I'd be a skunk w/out it...not stinky, but w/ a white/grey stripe down my roots :headache:) and treated my self to a pedi too...my toes and feet were in bad shape after the summer...I picked a pretty Mickey red...I'll share a foot pix later...just for you Missy ;)

J~

irish dancer
11-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Love your Epcot holiday plan, just love the Candlelight Processional (have been listening to the CD in my car already ;) ).

Hope the health continues to mend for you guys. I was reading online today recommendations for flying if you have sinus/congestion especially with asthma to take a strong decongestant to help with ear issues.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip, hoping to make it back down there during the holidays in the future (just don't know when).

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Oh forgot to mention and ypu'll see I adjusted my rotating ticker....but yesterday I did remember tocall DVC member services and made the ressie for our 15 yr anniversary trip...have a lake view studio booked at BLT...I'll call back in April and try to switch it to BWV at the 7 month out mark...:goodvibes

we'll be going Oct. 16-20th :yay:

also yesterday night I went to get my hair colored (I'd be a skunk w/out it...not stinky, but w/ a white/grey stripe down my roots :headache:) and treated my self to a pedi too...my toes and feet were in bad shape after the summer...I picked a pretty Mickey red...I'll share a foot pix later...just for you Missy ;)

J~

Hurray for your October plans! I know this trip is a :love2: trip, so you guys should have a ton of fun! My DH and I are going for our 10th anniversary in April.:cloud9: Also, I think the 7 month mark for October is March, that's what my DVC renter told me because she'll be calling to try and switch us to AKV then for our Oct 15-21 trip. Check my math for me please....since I'm not a DVC member, maybe I have it wrong.:confused3

Hooray for your pedi! I always loved getting a pedicure. :love:

mousescrapper
11-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Love your Epcot holiday plan, just love the Candlelight Processional (have been listening to the CD in my car already ;) ).

Hope the health continues to mend for you guys. I was reading online today recommendations for flying if you have sinus/congestion especially with asthma to take a strong decongestant to help with ear issues.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip, hoping to make it back down there during the holidays in the future (just don't know when).

ugh...never thought of that...some of may have more ear issues on the plane....pooey:headache: I have some of those cold allergy strips that dissolve on your tounge for the kids to take at the airport...so I don't have to deal w/ the liquid check...lots of gum and fruit snacks...usually we are all good...Nathan is the most stuffed up, I don't think I have a sinus issue..more chest. blah....:sad2:

I have on my souvie wish list to get some theme park music on CD's :thumbsup2

Hurray for your October plans! I know this trip is a :love2: trip, so you guys should have a ton of fun! My DH and I are going for our 10th anniversary in April.:cloud9: Also, I think the 7 month mark for October is March, that's what my DVC renter told me because she'll be calling to try and switch us to AKV then for our Oct 15-21 trip. Check my math for me please....since I'm not a DVC member, maybe I have it wrong.:confused3

Hooray for your pedi! I always loved getting a pedicure. :love:

my math could be wrong :confused: yes we are very much looking forward to doing Disney "adult style" :rotfl: I won't go commando planning on this one...just figure out the ADR's and park days to a degree...since we'll be hopping and what day we'll do MNSSHP

figure out all those dates after the Jan trip...have no clue when 180 out is :rolleyes1

DisMomAmy
11-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Two Days!!! :banana::banana:

I love your plans to take in all of the holiday festivities at Epcot! :thumbsup2

Yay for pretty toes & double yay for your anniversary reservation! :banana: Isn't it fun to have two trips booked at once. ;)

Native NYer
11-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Have a wonderful trip!
I hope you and your family enjoy BLT and have a magical Thanksgiving with Mickey :goodvibes

mommytothreeboys
11-18-2010, 06:26 AM
First.....looking forward to that "vacation toes" picture! ;)

Can you believe you leave tomorrow??? How excited are you?? :banana: :banana:

Sounds like you have things under control and plans pretty much set. Have a fantastic trip in case you don't make it back on here before you leave! :goodvibes

Mickey_Mom
11-18-2010, 06:27 AM
Julie!! It's almost time to go!! I'm behind a few updates :guilty: but wanted to pop on here to wish you the absolute best for your vacation. :wizard: pixiedust: :wizard:

I'll PM you about our overlaping days......

DisMomAmy
11-18-2010, 06:54 AM
One Day!!!!

:dancer: party: :dancer: party: :dancer: party: :dancer:

mousescrapper
11-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Yesterday in celebration of 2 days till Disney we had a Pre Thanksgiving Celebration at dinner time...the kids came up w/ the idea of doing a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving....

in case any of you don't know what I am talking about...here is the perfect clip from the classic video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnohHTLMs3Q

We ate around our ping pong table, had popcorn, pretzels, jelly beans, and toast...plus pizza ;)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7062.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7060.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/BLT%202010/100_7064.jpg

Dad tried to toss the food like Snoopy does...but then that wasn't such a good idea...

it was a fun little evening...we also had a chance to talk about our last Epcot day and a few other Disney/travel things. After the twins finished up some more homework, the kids watch the video w/ Matt.

MRYPPNS
11-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Julie have you had time to hear about the new bakery that's in Campero Pollo? All the goodies are GF/CF, egg free....the whole works. I thought of NR when I read about it.

mousescrapper
11-18-2010, 08:57 AM
:genie:

My WISHES for this trip….

* We’ll all remain healthy (or get healthy) during our trip (and upon our return)

* Matt’s Parents will truly have a wonderful and memorable time

* I won’t become stressed or tied to a “to-do list” and just experience the magic and joy of the season

* The crowds won’t be too unbearable

* BLT our first DVC trip home will be everything we hoped for

* Naomi-Ruth will be able to maintain her strict diet and be herself and have a great time(not get overwhelmed by change and the characters)

* Rachel will try some new things and make some great memories

* Nathan will have one of his BEST trips yet….

* Rebekah will be a kid…and just have fun and that her and I can really share some special time together.

* That our whole family will feel closer and enjoy this very needed break from “life”

Up NEXT: send off…I’m leaving in the morning….:yay:

Thanks for reading,

J~

mousescrapper
11-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Julie have you had time to hear about the new bakery that's in Campero Pollo? All the goodies are GF/CF, egg free....the whole works. I thought of NR when I read about it.

no...is this the same place Hedy mentioned in DTD...by Mc Donald's or the old Mc Donald's site....:confused3

mousescrapper
11-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Two Days!!! :banana::banana:

I love your plans to take in all of the holiday festivities at Epcot! :thumbsup2

Yay for pretty toes & double yay for your anniversary reservation! :banana: Isn't it fun to have two trips booked at once. ;)

Have a wonderful trip!
I hope you and your family enjoy BLT and have a magical Thanksgiving with Mickey :goodvibes

First.....looking forward to that "vacation toes" picture! ;)

Can you believe you leave tomorrow??? How excited are you?? :banana: :banana:

Sounds like you have things under control and plans pretty much set. Have a fantastic trip in case you don't make it back on here before you leave! :goodvibes

Julie!! It's almost time to go!! I'm behind a few updates :guilty: but wanted to pop on here to wish you the absolute best for your vacation. :wizard: pixiedust: :wizard:

I'll PM you about our overlaping days......

One Day!!!!

:dancer: party: :dancer: party: :dancer: party: :dancer:

I'd like to say I'm excited....I know I must be....but I am so :sick: right now, it's ridiculous :headache:...all the kids went to school...Nathan is getting better...I have a small pile of packing left to do, orgnaize my purse, final sort of some $ and just do some laundry (not for trip but don't want to deal w/ it when we get home immediately)...plus just prpe lunch stuff for the kids on the 29th...so I don't need to worry about that when we get home either...

other than that...and placing the girls dresses in the suitcases and zipping them up...I'm DONE! getting ready for this trip...

I'm going to take some strong medicine, eat breakfast and crash till noon...when NR get's home from school....

THANKS for the ONE DAY dance Amy and all the well wishes all....I have one more send off post planned in the wee hours of tomorrow morning....

J~

jillyb
11-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Awesome final pre-trip celebrations! A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving comes on TV tonight at 8:00 EST. I'm going to have to take a break from packing to watch it with Hannah. Love the Wish List!

See ya in 3 days!!!

P.S. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Here's to a successful, WELL trip for you all! Have a wonderful time and we'll talk to you when you return!

:goodvibes

MRYPPNS
11-18-2010, 10:13 AM
no...is this the same place Hedy mentioned in DTD...by Mc Donald's or the old Mc Donald's site....:confused3

Yes, it's now called Campero Pollo. There is a separate bakery counter. See Jack Spences' blog on allears

Gabrielsbigtrip
11-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Oh no, Disney while sick is no fun. Try and get a nice chunk of sleep in.....if that is at all possible.

I will be praying that all of your wishes come true.:angel:

Marshay
11-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Julie -- safe travels. See you Monday!!

PS I don't know what got into me, but I decided to repack everything tonight and try to organize it better and take less:rotfl2: Nothing like waiting to the last minute!!

DisMomAmy
11-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Have a safe and healthy trip!! I too hope that it's all you hoped it would be & all of your wishes come true! pixiedust: pixiedust:

jenjolt
11-18-2010, 08:56 PM
WOOT WOOT!!!! Hope you have a great trip!!!! Hope you get to feeling better right quick!!!

irish dancer
11-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Yay for one day!! :banana: The kids must have been so excited heading out to school knowing it was their last day. There's nothing like the day before vacation. :goodvibes

Your Charlie Brown Thanksgiving was so cute!!

Hope you got a good rest in and that it helped. Loads of PD headed your way for a healthy and happy trip! :wizard::wizard:

mousescrapper
11-19-2010, 05:02 AM
well after the usual last minute shuffle and getting everyone up we are all ready to head out....I'll send out some live teasers later so stay tuned....

Mickey_Mom
11-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Bye Julie! Have a safe, wonderful, magical vacation and say hi to Mickey for me! :wizard:

MRYPPNS
11-19-2010, 08:58 AM
ugh... I missed sending you off. Have a great time!!!

Charleston Princess
11-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Hope you are feeling better and having a fabulous vacation!

KathyRN137
11-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Have a fabulous, magical time!!!

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Kathy

carissanboys
11-22-2010, 07:40 AM
Hope you're having a blast, Julie! :cool1:

DisMomAmy
11-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Hi All! Julie sent the Spectrum Moms a little sneak peek earlier this week...

On Sunday she sent this picture as they were waiting for the second showing of MSEP:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff319/DisMomAmy/castle.jpg

Isn't it beautiful?!?!?! :cloud9:

Yesterday she checked in to tell us she had enjoyed a late night at MK with Bekah! They were headed to DHS & the crowds had arrived! :crowded:

She is still feeling a bit under the weather, but it sounds like they are having a good time!

According to her itinerary, today is Rachel's birthday & they are probably celebrating at 1900 Park Fare right now! Later they'll be back at Magic Kingdom & Nathan will visit the Pirate League!

I'll try to check in again if I get another update!

Hope you are having a blast Julie!!

Native NYer
11-24-2010, 05:32 AM
What a beautiful photo!

I hope Julie and her family are having a wonderful vacation :goodvibes

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Amy thanks so much for posting the update for Julie! What a wonderful picture!

jillyb
11-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Julie it was so nice to meet you and your family. I enjoyed the safari ride with you and talking to you while waiting for Toon Town rope drop. :goodvibes Hope your trip was just as wonderful as ours!

DisMomAmy
11-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Welcome Home!! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

MaryAz
11-28-2010, 08:59 PM
I missed the sendoff. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Can't wait to read all about it!!

Marshay
11-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Julie your family is so sweet!! It was great seeing you and I can't wait to hear about the angel!!:rotfl2:

My Rachel said on Tuesday, can we go to MK to find that family again?:thumbsup2

Hope you all had safe travels back!

irish dancer
11-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Welcome Back Julie!! Hope you guys had a great trip. Can't wait to 'hear' all about it.

mousescrapper
11-29-2010, 11:11 AM
we got in yesterday w/ no issues just before 5 pm Chicago time and my BIL picked us up at the airport in our van and then he bought pizzas for us and we ate at my sister's house. We arrived at our home before 7:30 pm. Got unloaded, kids in jammie's and then they all went right to sleep...

today after the usual 6:30 am wake up...3 of the 4 had school today and luckily Matt scheduled today off...I have unpacked all the bags, put away laundry and sorted stuff, etc....

stopping in to say :wave: hi and let you know we arrived back unharmed...

have lots to share...good and bad....I wouldn't declare this was the "BEST" trip ever...but it had some amazing highs :goodvibes

on the DME bus back to the airport...before we even pulled out...Matt & I statred thinking about planning a small family trip back down in early 2012....;)

not sure when I'll start the TR for this trip...but stay tuned. I'll come back w/ a few teaser photos and notes to tide you over soon.

Jules

DisMomAmy
11-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Glad to hear you made it back safe & sound... Sorry that it was't the best trip ever! :sad2: But can't wait to hear about it all!! The good, the bad & the ugly! ;)

Charleston Princess
11-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Welcome home! I am looking forward to hearing all about the trip -- both the highs and the lows!

dekkerdisneydreamer
11-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi Julie,
I'm glad that you are back safe and sound, even if there was good and bad in the trip. Hopefully more good than bad.....

JPFamilyMom
11-29-2010, 07:10 PM
WELCOME BACK!!! Can't wait to hear all about it:)

SwansLoveDisney
11-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Welcome back!

Native NYer
11-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Welcome back!
I can't wait to hear about your trip and your experience at BLT.

MaryAz
11-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Welcome Home!! Can't wait to read all about it!

MRYPPNS
11-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Welcome home!

KathyRN137
11-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Welcome back, Julie! :goodvibes

I do hope you're feeling better and like everyone else, I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Kathy

mousescrapper
12-03-2010, 08:23 PM
come visit my NEW TR...I actually had to start a new thread ;)

I had a BLT for Thanksgiving w/ a little Birthday/Holiday Cheer (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2608739)

see you on the other side....

J~

mommytothreeboys
12-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Welcome back! On my way to your TR! :goodvibes